Mini Gohdans

Discussion in 'Treasure Creation' started by Electronic Ink, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Electronic Ink

Electronic Ink local zora vet

Name: Mini Gohdan

Fields: Earth, Handgear, Summon

PWC: Wisdom Lower Cost (The normal Palm of Gohdan is Normal Cost, and this isn’t as strong a treasure, so lower cost? Wisdom because this isn’t a strong treasure, it’s more of a use-it-cleverly treasure)

When the user concentrates and snaps the fingers of both hands, a pair of small floating hands will appear on either side of the user. With one level of Summoning Power, the user can summon four hands; with two, they can summon six. Summoned hands can be combined to create differing numbers of differently sized hands; six hands combined will make a hand that is half the user’s height and capable of being used as a short-term defensive measure. These hands can persist for up to one hour but will dissipate if they take damage- these hands are approximately as durable as the average Keese. The user can dispel the effect at any time.

Unlike the Palm of Gohdan, Mini Gohdans move much faster and as such are capable of using rudimentary weapons. While these hands have the dexterity of a normal human hand, they do not have large amounts of strength behind them. These hands cannot provide a great deal of defense and do not have enough strength to manipulate objects larger than half the caster’s mass when all used in combination. They are, however, dextrous enough to unlock doors, use weapons and make complex hand gestures, which may be used for communication purposes.

After the hands summoned by this spell are either destroyed or dispelled, the user must wait about 1 minute before summoning a new set.
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
  2. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    Mmmmm.

I don't understand the intention behind you making this a magical item rather than a spell outright; because... you wanted it to be a less powerful version of an already existing item?

It seems more fit to be a spell rather than a magical item, tbh. Moreover, I would definitely enjoy seeing it as more of a Summoning spell, rather than another spell influenced by Magic Power. Especially with, you know, you using the word "summoned".

But yeah! I like this spell a lot.
  3. Electronic Ink

Alrighty! Shall I just change "Magic Power" to "Summoning Power"? And I might as well strip off the part about the gloves and just make it a spell, right?
  4. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
  5. Electronic Ink

Alrighty, I did a bit of editing with your feedback and some from Eev
  6. Guy

Guy Admin admin

First, let me say I like the idea behind this spell.

However, I feel it should be at least High cost. Palm of Gohdan is physically more powerful, but far less useful than having two to six functional hands that can wield actual weapons (arguably even a crossbow or bombs). Multiple normal sized hands are also much more useful for non combat purposes as well.

If that's alright, I'll add it to the Library after I have reliable internet. (That hurricane knocked it out for my area, and seems like it'll be down for a few days.)
  7. Electronic Ink

No worries! I'm never sure how to price treasures lol, so price it however you want!