MBTI personality type

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Double_r111, May 8, 2013.

1. Double_r111

Double_r111 Espeon reg

So, one thing I've been really interested in lately is the MBTI personality test. For anyone who doesn't know, it's basically a personality test that is divided into 16 different personality types. Now obviously you won't be a perfect copy of what your type is supposed to be, but I've found that there seems to be at least some truth to it. I could really connect to what was said about my own type and not quite as much to some other ones, so it's not just so vague everything fits you somehow, like some of these sorts of things.

Anyways, here's a link to a decent test online.

So, what's your type and what to you think about it? I'm INTJ by the way.

EDIT: I recommend looking here for info on your type http://www.personalitypage.com/html/portraits.html. It's got good information, and will let people who want to (You lazy people who probably won't bother otherwise :D ) find out about any type.

EDIT 2: Quill linked this, and I like it's descriptions a lot and the detail it goes into so I'm going to be linking it here too. http://www.typelogic.com/intj.html
  2. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

Myers-Briiiiiiiiiggs why are you so amazing ;_;

I love this test. INFJ all the way.
  3. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
  4. Squishy

Squishy tl;dr this is all, still, toko's fault admin

I'm either ISFP or ISFJ.
  5. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    I am an ISFJ. Every time I have ever taken it. Usually with Introverted being a good 90% or so. I'm so introverted it hurts.
  6. Double_r111

Double_r111 Espeon reg

If it makes you feel any better I got 100% introverted both times I took it.
  7. Clank

Clank Can we please kill the overuse of AJAX? reg

INTJ
    Introvert(78%) iNtuitive(50%) Thinking(62%) Judging(22%)

You have strong preference of Introversion over Extraversion (78%)
    You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (50%)
    You have distinctive preference of Thinking over Feeling (62%)
    You have slight preference of Judging over Perceiving (22%)

Oddly enough basically everyone in my family said I was this over the course of my life..
  8. Double_r111

Double_r111 Espeon reg

THANK YOU CLANK! I've been waiting for someone else to post here so I can post an observation I made without double posting. Anyways, first off, it's kind of cool that we have another INTJ on board, as I'm pretty sure it's one of the top rarest types (second maybe? I don't know).

My observation I mentioned is that I was surprised by the amount of Feelers (F) on this forum. It seems like me and Clank are the only ones that are definitely thinkers (T) on here. (Sorry Clooby, but thinking 1% isn't enough for me. You should probably read about INTJ, INFJ, INFP, and INTP to see which fits you best with such close thinking and judging there. And if you get really into it study the cognitive functions to be sure like I did, but that's more of a bonus (One that I would recommend (Parenthiception))).

Anyways, about earlier, there does seem to be a disproportionate amount of feelers to thinkers here. My guess would be because this started as an RPing site and I think Fs would be more likely to express themselves through writing than Ts, but I have no idea.
  9. Squishy

Squishy tl;dr this is all, still, toko's fault admin

10. Quill

Haha!

11. Tanto

Tanto New Member new

Another INTJ here!

That makes three of us I believe. Very interesting, though I'm not actually that introverted. I'm an actor and musician so extroverted performance is something I do.

Introvert(11%)  iNtuitive(75%)  Thinking(50%)  Judging(22%)
    You have slight preference of Introversion over Extraversion (11%)
    You have distinctive preference of Intuition over Sensing (75%)
    You have moderate preference of Thinking over Feeling (50%)
    You have slight preference of Judging over Perceiving (22%)
  12. WillowtheWhisp

WillowtheWhisp Admin admin

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    I got INTJ too, which is really funny if it's supposed to be one of the more rare ones. Anyways, here is the breakdown: Introvert(22%) iNtuitive(75%) Thinking(12%) Judging(67%)
  13. Double_r111

Double_r111 Espeon reg

What a bunch of Introverts we are! Not a single extrovert in sight! Anyways, I thought I'd link this so people can easily find out about their type, and, if they so desire, others. I'll edit my first post and put this there too.

http://www.personalitypage.com/html/portraits.html
  14. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

15. Double_r111

Double_r111 Espeon reg

I mentioned this in the Cbox, but I feel like mentioning it here just because. What's funny about Toko's result is that the ENTJ tends to be a natural leader, and is often stereotyped as the big boss who tells everyone else what to do and how to get what he wants done. Basically, the admin and owner of the site couldn't possibly have a more fitting type. XD
  16. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

Oh, I'm ENTJ, although I don't know much about most of them, that's just what I've gotten before(But I didn't take the test posted here). Seems pretty funny to me that me and Toko are the only extroverts, but it makes sense I guess. I think it fits me, at least, but I dunno if it does more than any others.
  17. Double_r111

Double_r111 Espeon reg

What's funny is ENTJ is generally considered the least extroverted extrovert. Like, still more so than any introvert, but not by a ton. I don't know if that says something about the people on HC, or just the kinds of people who look at gaming forums on the internet.
  18. adad64

adad64 Admin admin

Oh hey, I'm INTJ as well. So much for rarest type :P I guess we just attract a certain kind of person.
  19. Double_r111

Double_r111 Espeon reg

Really? Another INTJ? I'm a bit surprised at your result actually Adad. I would have expected you to be an INTP. Granted, I don't know you in real life, but I still recommend taking a look at that type too.
  20. Quill

I personally prefer typelogic's descriptions of the different profiles. It goes into more detail, not only with the profile, but also with the different letters and how they play in. The different profiles are all listed at the top of the page, if you want to check yours out. Also, I can't remember my exact scorings, but I do remember that I'm barely introverted. I'm so on-the-line that collegeboard's test labeled me as an ENFJ while humanmetric's test labeled me as an INFJ.

Here's the link to typelogic's descriptions, if anyone wants to read its in-detail stuff. http://www.typelogic.com/infj.html