Logan Mercier, Sword of the Forge (WIP)

Discussion in 'Archives' started by WillowtheWhisp, Mar 15, 2013.

1. WillowtheWhisp

WillowtheWhisp Admin admin

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    “As long as there is a single strike, it is enough.”
    Name: Logan Mercier, Sword of the Forge
    Honor: Regular
    Race:Hylian
    Place of Origin: Eastern Caves
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    Statistics/PWC:
    4/1/4
    Power ****
    Wisdom *
    Courage ****
    Height: 5'10”
    Weight: 147 lbs.
    Instrument: None
    Profession: Blacksmith
    Equipment, Armor & Accessories:

“She is my sword. Our bond transcends even death; even now, she is with me. I will have my penance.”

Floria: Single-Edged Longsword (Tachi) 31.5” – Materials: Seven-Layer Folded Hylian Steel – Polished Cherry Wood Handle – White Cotton Wrapping – Silver Inlaid Pommel – Wrought Steel Tsuba (Japanese Square Guard) – Lacquered Cherry Wood Scabbard (No Ornamentation) – Black Cured Leather Sword Belt

Logan carries a single weapon; he would use no other. Being blacksmith by trade, Floria is a single-edged longsword that he forged with his own hammer and steel, long hours in the night of beating the raw metal into perfection. Having been purified to a great degree and folded seven times, Floria is an extremely sharp and durable weapon, the layers alternating with “hard” and “soft” steel. This gives it the tensile strength to retain its sharpness and shape, yet preventing the blade from being so hard as to cause it to snap under significant pressure. This weapon is the culmination of not only his lifetime of skill, but that of his father's, his grandfather's, and his before him. Etched into the blade, with as much care was given to the forging of the metal itself, are these words: “I am Din's justice: As long as I remain, I will not rest while evil may yet see itself upon my blade.” These are the words Logan lives by, and the words he prays after each battle, a litany he chants to himself quietly when his work is done.

Bound by an equally well crafted scabbard, though plain, Floria hangs at his waist, held by a leather sword belt strapped around his hip. Hanging so that the edge points towards the ground, it is tightly held to his body, its scabbard always within grasp of his left hand. Though the sword is long, it does not drag along the ground or dangle, always perfectly arranged so as not to hinder Logan's movement beyond necessary.

While one might expect that a swordsman, much less a blacksmith, would wear armor, Logan does not. He finds that it constricts him, and finds it extremely uncomfortable. Moreover, he finds that it is very difficult to properly execute his techniques when wearing any at all. That said, he is not so foolish as to not wear any at all. He wears a simple, brown leather cuirass upon his chest and upper body, and nothing else. Cut off at just before the shoulders, it offers him moderately good protection, while doing little to hamper his movements. The leather is light and well kept, miraculously staying smooth and uncracked in the desert heat and sands.

Just as his weaponry and armor are not elaborate, so too is Logan's clothing. He wears a plain cotton tunic of white cloth beneath his armor, the sleeves coming down to the middle of his upper arms, providing him plenty of breathing in his clothing. His pants are made of a similarly lightweight cloth, held at his waist by his sword belt and some cord. Loose fitting but cut at the perfect length, his pants flow easily, not constricting him in the slightest. On his feat he wears sturdy leather boots with metal studded soles, giving them great traction on most surfaces. He carries little else, usually not venturing very far from the Eastern Caves. When he does, he carries with him a simple leather pack with a metal frame, allowing him to carry whatever his travels might call for.

Appearance:

"As my blade was baptized in the flames of my forge, so too was my body."

Treasures:
    Sense
    Spin Attack
    1st Level Crafting
    Specialty: Weapon Base
    Quickdraw

Personality:

"I do not fight for vengeance. I have long since made my peace. My burden is to fight, and my charge is justice."

Backstory:

"I lost everything, once. I will not sit idly while others suffer the same fate."