Leviathan [U5 and BP]

Discussion in 'Great Sea' started by Blonde Panther, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Blonde Panther

Blonde Panther Not always sweet and delicate vet

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Leviathan
    Elliot, The Swan (1/4/4 Rito) [Blonde Panther] Reward: +35 Rupees, 3 (mundane-tier) magic crystals.
    Jacob Temple, Formerly Retired Hylian Wyvern Rider (5/2/1 Hylian) [Ultra5] Reward: +50 Rupees
    Clarke Aveil, Captain of the Hana Mei (3/2/2 Hylian) [NPC]
    Discussion
    Clarke Aveil (open)
    Race: Hylian.
    PWC: 3/2/2.
    Treasures: Spin Attack (40r), Arcane Bolt (50r),
    Equipment:Broadsword, light armour.
    Clarke Aveil is the old captain of the Hana Mei. He’s a veteran warrior who left the army due to a leg injury, but has retained his signature Arcane Bolt and the traditional Spin Attack.

Clarke Aveil stood at the bow of his ship, looking up at the sky. The seas were calm and the skies were blue, with not so much as a single cloud to be seen. So why had the Rito Tribe been so certain that a terrible storm would hit the fleet? The Chieftain had gone so far as to send not one, but many messengers to the ships to warn as many captains as he possibly could. Aveil, himself, had been graced with a visit of potentially the most prominent of these messengers. He looked over his shoulder to see the young birdman not too far away from him.

To look at him right now, as he was sitting on the deck with his back to the railing and his hands tucked behind his back, his face scrunched up to the sunlight with his eyes shut, no one would have guessed that Elliot was a prince of the Rito Tribe. His father had sent him, rather than one of his elder brothers, to lead the Ritos issuing the warning to the captains of the Hylian fleet, and he had chosen to remain upon the ship. He had not told his father this, but he was eager to join the effort to liberate Southern Hyrule. Besides, his magic, limited though it was, could come in useful for the army. Lastly, he was hoping to run across spells he could not have devised on his own.

However, he wished that he could have spoken to Lord Valoo before he had left. Of course, he wasn’t an attendant, so he wasn’t allowed up the mountain. Besides, if the time at which he had earned his wings had been any indicator he wouldn’t have been able to make sense of the dragon’s words anyway. Still, he wished that he could have had some pointers- things to look out for to indicate the storm was incoming. Much like Captain Aveil, if he hadn’t been TOLD that bad things were going to happen, he would never have guessed they were.

He turned his head to the side and opened his eyes, looking at something interesting he had noticed upon first landing on the ship. There, in the middle of the deck, was a creature that had only one thing in common with him, namely the ability to fly. The white, colossal reptile seemed to be dozing off in the sunlight, and Elliot decided to leave him alone. He didn’t want to risk making it angry and tempting it to find out if he tasted like chicken.
  2. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    Re: Leviathan [Open plot RP, U5 and BP]

"Mmm...warm." Eysseth basks in the sunlight drifting in and out of sleep. Jacob had gone into the ship looking for some fish for the Wyvern and told her to stay put. Eysseth suddenly jerks her head up. Sniffing the air she can smell it...fish. Looking around Eysseth scans the area for the tasty morsel. She stands every bit of her 7' 11" height trying to look for the fish. She finally sees it leap out of the water. A young Gyorg leaps out of the water next to the ship. Eysseth stares at the fish licking her lips, her mouth watering as she dreams of the fish meal. She is completely unaware of the Rito that is sitting exactly where she is looking.

Eysseth unfolds her wings to their full span still staring at the water where she saw her meal. "Fishy, fishy." Eysseth leaps forward flapping her wings getting her just above the ship's railing as the Wyvern rockets past the Rito she didn't notice knocking it away with her wing. Eysseth swoops and circles above the water waiting for the Gyorg to surface again. Hearing the splash Eysseth dives. A white blur against the blue sky and water Eysseth grabs the fish in her talons grinning ear to ear. She flies back to the ship and drops the fish next to the bewildered Rito. Eysseth then lands and tears off a large chunk with her teeth. Blood and guts cover her face as she swallows the first bite. Only then does she notice the Rito next to her. The Wyvern turns towards the bird man and cocks her head. "Want fish?"
  3. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582

Elliot was impressed to see the massive creature stand up and slowly edge over to the railing of the ship. It was strangely similar and yet very different from the Great Valoo... The Rito sat up fully, crossing his legs and straightening his back to get a good look at the beast. It seemed rather peaceful, so surely it wouldn't kill him for looking at it funny.

It seemed focused on something... something off the side of the ship? Before Elliot could stand up and see what it was looking at, the beast leapt forward off the ship. The problem was that Elliot was in the way of its widespread wings, and unsurprisingly he got hit by one clear in the forehead. "Sacré!" he exclaimed, sprawled over the deck by the impact, "Ma tête!" He muttered to himself for a few seconds, lamenting his pain in his dialect, before realizing that there was a pleasant female voice offering him fish.

He turned towards her despite his head pounding upon it doing so, and had already started politely declining -"Ah non, my lady, but I thank you for your gracious offer"- when he realized that he was not looking at the face of a brown-haired and green-eyed young Hylian beauty, but that of the very beast that had sliced open his forehead in the first place. For a second, Elliot completely forgot his manners and leapt up, pressing himself to the railing as closely as he could. "Gah!"
  4. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337

"Eysseth? Eysseth! Where tha sam hell is she?" Jacob looks around the deck calling for his Wyvern. He had left her sitting on the deck while he went to find her some fish. After returning with some fish she is not where the Hylian left her. "EYSSETH!" Jacob looks around more of the deck when he heard something wet hit the deck near the railing. Turning Jacob sees Eysseth biting into a large fish. He sighs as he starts walking over. On his way he sees a Rito pressing itself to the railing as closely as it could. "Aw shit. Eysseth!"

Eysseth looks curiously at the Rito. "Bird man scared?" Eysseth walks a little closer to the Rito some blood dripping off her face as a voice calls out.

"Eysseth!"

Eysseth looks over happily to see Jacob running up to her. "Jacob. Found fish." Eysseth shows Jacob the young Gyorg by pushing it forward with her foot.

Jacob sighs again. "Good job Eysseth, but ya know I was goin' ta get ya some fish right?"

Eysseth looks a bit sadder as she steps back and makes herself smaller. "Yes, but hungry Jacob."

Jacob smiles a bit and scratches his Wyvern's head. "It's okay Eysseth, but you need to apologize to this Rito here." Jacob walks over to the Rito. "Howdy. Name's Jacob Temple. Sorry 'bout ma Wyvern. Ya need any help?"
  5. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582

He... had not been imagining things. The reptile before him was definitely the one speaking to him with that well-pitched, tender voice. It spoke... so it probably wasn't feral. Was it tame? The longer Elliot thought about it, the more he relaxed. All evidence pointed in the direction of the Wyvern not being about to kill him and eat him. Still, he did not let go of the railing of the ship, and he was certainly not about to pet the beast.

When it asked him if he was afraid, he cleared his throat and was about to answer it as best he could, but he was interrupted by an extraordinarily tall and muscular man, even to Hylian standards. From the first glance, Elliot had a hard time telling who would have an easier time breaking every bone in his body; the Wyvern or the man. He was asked if he needed any help, and once again cleared his throat.

"No, I am quite alright, Sir Temple." Elliot extended one hand towards the man for a shake. "I got a bit of a jumpstart from your Wyvern, but I see now there is little reason to fear it." He managed to smile. "My name is Elliot. My father sent me as a messenger, but I have decided on my own to join the crusade of the Hylian King." He decided that unless he was asked, he would leave it at that. No need to raise questions by indicating his higher-than-common birth.
  6. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    "Sorry Elliot. No mean scare. Name Eysseth." Eysseth returns to eating her fish leaving Jacob and Elliot to talk.

Jacob grabs the Rito's hand and shakes it. "Yer father sent ya eh? Well I ain't gonna pry inta that, but welcome aboard. Even though this ain't ma ship. I ain't a navy man. But I ain't a ground troop either technically. I'm a formerly retired Cap'n o' tha Hyrule Castle Town Guard 5th Airborne Mounted Unit 79th Division. As I'm sure ya could tell ma Wyvern is named Eysseth an' she's ma battlemount. Listen. I'd like ta offer ya some dinner er somethin' ta repay ya fer Eysseth scarin' ya an givin' ya that hit."
  7. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    The Hylian seemed friendly enough, introducing himself as Jacob Temple and his mount as Eysseth, and it appeared they were enlisted in the actual army of the Hylian King. That was relieving to hear, as Captain Aveil had told Elliot that most of the warriors on his ship were either his own buccaneers or mercenaries much like the Rito himself.

When Jacob mentioned the hit Elliot had taken from Eysseth's wing, the Rito brought his hand up to his forehead. He had felt the pain and he knew he was bleeding from the cut, but he had not yet gauged how bad it was. Feeling along his forehead, he turned a bit paler as he realized the cut was roughly two inches long and deep enough to draw blood. He looked at his hand for a few seconds, then taking out his canteen with fresh water to wash the blood off his fingers. As he poured some of the water into his hand, he resumed his conversation with Jacob.

"Please do not concern yourself with it, Sir Temple." He placed the canteen back on his belt. "It's not usual that a Wyvern speaks to me in modern Hylian, much less with a voice as perfectly pitched and melodious as Dame Eysseth's. As for the wound... I imagine it will be the first of many we will take in the South. I'll take it as a good luck sign."
  8. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    "Just Jacob is fine. There ain't been no Sir Temple in ma family ever. We're soldiers not knights. 'Perfectly pitched and melodious' eh? Ya ain't hittin' on ma Wyvern are ya?" Jacob laughs as Eysseth looks over finishing her fish.

"Elliot no hit Eysseth, Jacob." Eysseth cocks her head to the side confused and nuzzling Jacob getting fish blood on the Hylian's armor.

Jacob smiles and pets Eysseth's head. "It's an expression Eysseth. I'll teach ya what it means later. I still insist ya let me do somethin' fer ya. Friendly fire ain't good an' we ain't fightin'."
  9. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    "I mean it, Sir Te- I mean, Jacob." Elliot wasn't used to addressing people older than himself so informally. This was going to take some practice. "I'm used to worse," he lied, "It's nothing, really. C'etait pas délibéré, bon?" He was only half-aware that he'd fallen into his usual accent. He really wished Jacob would let this rest.

It was at this moment that Captain Aveil decided to step in. "Your Highness," he said, "Could I speak to you in private?" He looked at Jacob, subtly hinting that he wanted to speak about the storm that Elliot had warned him of. However, Elliot felt there was no need to be secretive about it.

"No need," he said, "You just blew my cover as things are." The captain didn't catch on to the hint, so Elliot shook his head. "What is it?"

The captain hesitated, but then gave in. "The storm you spoke of," he said. "Do you know from which direction it will come, and when?"

"I have not personally spoken to Lord Valoo," Elliot said, frustrated. "And even if I had, I don't think even he knows. All I can tell you is to be very careful, and at the first sign of dark skies..." He shook his head. He didn't know what ships did to avoid bad weather.
  10. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    "Well that's some interestin' speakin yer...wait...yer highness? Yer Rito royalty?!" Jacob stands arrow straight and snaps a quick salute. Eysseth not knowing what exactly was going on does the same standing her full height with her wings wrapped around her.

"Please excuse ma manners, milord. Although I'm an officer I ain't good wit tha formal things involved. You may refer ta me however ya want ta, yer highness." Placing his hands behind his back Jacob stands rigid as if awaiting orders. Eysseth on the other hand seems suddenly unsettled looking around the sky searching for something.

"Jacob. Jacob." Eysseth nudges Jacob with her wing. "Weird. Feel weird. Not good." The Wyvern starts pacing around clearly on edge.
  11. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    "Oh Valoo..." Elliot muttered as Jacob sprung to attention. He hated it when people did this. He was only the third in line, if either of his brothers were to marry and have children he'd be reduced to little more than a rich commoner. This sort of reaction was why he always kept it hidden that he was even related to the Chieftain of the Rito Tribe. "I guess I have no choice now. Yes, I'm one of the sons of the Chieftain..." He crossed his arms, shutting his eyes. "However, I am the youngest of three. I'm not really anyone important. I'm here as a mercenary wizard. So please, act normal."

Standing at ease, he continued. "What Dame Eysseth is feeling may be the reason I was sent here. Lord Valoo, our patron god, has predicted a storm of unnatural proportions... of an evil nature. I have not spoken to him or his attendant, myself, so I don't know the details." Truthfully he knew nothing. Just what his father had told him...

Captain Aveil stepped in. "You leave worrying about it to me, Sir Temple. You and Eysseth are amongst our best assets in this mission. We don't want you to tire yourself out worrying."

"Speaking of assets," Elliot said, "I should retreat to my cabin. I need to add to my stock of magic crystals..."
  12. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    "Respectfully sir, even at third in line you're still royalty an' every person is important ta someone. I'm sorry though, but, call me old fashioned, I still have ta show respect ta members o' royalty." Jacob stands a little at ease and pets Eysseth trying to calm her down. "Well me an' Eysseth'll take care o' it whatever it is. Thank ya fer yer concern Cap'n, but I can handle it. I may be 45, but I ain't gettin' old yet." The Hylian laughs, but keeps the air of professionalism that one would expect out of an officer in the Hyrule Castle Town Guard.

Eysseth on the other hand keeps looking on edge and agitated. "Not good. Not good Jacob." She wraps her wings around Jacob as if to protect him. "Not hurt Jacob. Nothing hurt Jacob." The Wyvern slowly steps back still holding Jacob looking skyward and seaward.
  13. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    "Erm... yes. I understand. Thank you, Sir Temple." Still, Elliot retreated to his cabin, pulling out his wallet and giving it a good shake above the table. A small assortment of rupees fell out, and he picked a good, smooth blue one. For some reason, converting green rupees was impossible for him. And while he could make red ones or even purple ones work, he didn't get more mana out of it than out of a blue one, for all the effort and the higher monetary value that he would be wasting.

Using a small knife with a blade out of diamond, he sliced the rupee in half and started hollowing both sides out. It took a good while, but finally he was left with two half-rupees and a lot of rupee dust. He gently shoved the dust into the pouch he had for it, wondering to himself for the umpteenth time if there was nothing he could do with that. Still, it were the hollowed-out halves that he was interested in.

When next he looked up from his table, he saw that the sun had set and he stroked his hair back, sweating a bit and slightly out of breath. He hated drawing mana out of his body and storing it in those crystals. He looked at the table at which he had been working, seeing the three new crystals. He had to find a way to make the process quicker. At any rate, for now he'd get some sleep.

He needed it. Draining his mana had tired him out completely.
  14. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    Eysseth stirs a bit in the morning sun. She lazily opens her blue eyes looking out at the deck of the ship and the open sea beyond. She lets out a huge yawn as she fully wakes up. Suddenly the Wyvern looks around for Jacob before looking down at her wings. She opens her wings revealing a still sleeping Jacob. "Jacob." Eysseth purrs affectionately smiling as best as she can, happy to know Jacob is safe. A sailor walks by and looks down to the Wyvern and her master with a confused look on his face before Eysseth growls bearing her teeth to scare him away. "Jacob safe." The Wyvern wraps her wings around Jacob again leaving his head uncovered and continues to watch sailors walk by growling at any that get too close or stare too long.

Jacob's sword hits with a metal clang against the Stalfos' rusted and worn shield. The skeleton laughs somehow and swings it's own broadsword down towards the Guard Captain. Jacob blocks it with his own shield as multiple arrows pepper the skeleton from behind. Another Guard stands bow ready with another arrow as the skeleton looks back. Jacob takes the opening and slices the Stalfos' head clean off. The Hylians smile as the skeletal warrior falls to the ground lifeless once again. Suddenly a spear bursts out of the archer's chest as a Moblin seems to appear from behind the archer. Jacob readies his sword and shield as more Moblins surround him. Jacob lets out a curse as the lead Moblin throws the archer off it's spear. The Moblins close in on Jacob as a loud roar sounds from everywhere at once. Everyone, including Jacob, look around for the source of the roar as a white figure lands behind Jacob and wraps him in white as everything gets brighter and brighter until... Jacob opens his eyes slightly looking out to see the sun rising above the sea. One of the prettiest sunrises the old Hylian soldier has seen in a long time. Jacob looks around to see he is wrapped up in his Wyvern's wings. "I guess it wan't just a dream after all eh."

Eysseth looks down as Jacob starts to wake up. The Wyvern licks his head purring. "Jacob. Good morning."

Jacob chuckles a bit then looks up to his Wyvern. As much as he didn't want to admit it she was a rather comfortable bed and her wings kept him very warm. "Eysseth. What'd I tell ya 'bout doin' this?"

Eysseth smiles and keeps her wings wrapped around Jacob. "Sorry Jacob."
  15. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Elliot woke up with full mana reserves, and thus well-rested and energetic. Getting up and shoving the three new crystals into his pouch -they had rested overnight and should now be stable enough to use- he left his cabin to find Captain Aveil. Once on deck, he looked up at the sky. It was still early, and the last traces of dawn were fleeing the heavens in little rush. Still no traces of a storm... it was strange, but precisely because of how calm the skies and the sea were, he became unsettled. Lord Valoo was never wrong...

While looking up at the skies, he failed to pay attention to where he was going and he tripped over Jacob's weapons, falling forward and spectacularly planting his face on the deck. "Ow..." he groaned, praying he hadn't gotten his beak stuck in the wooden boards for full comedic effect. Getting up and looking to his side, he saw the strangest thing yet- Jacob, wrapped in the wings of his battlemount.

"Erm..." He got to his feet, rubbing the small of his neck in embarrassment. "Good morning, Sir Temple, Dame Eysseth."
  16. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    "Hello Elliot." Eysseth says obvious to the Rito's embarrassment. "Sleep good?" The Wyvern yawns again then goes back to smiling her wings showing no signs of letting go of Jacob.

"Good mornin' yer highness. I can explain this." Jacob on the other hand can tell the Rito is embarrassed. "Well Eysseth 'ere is a part o' ma family. She's as protective o' me as she'd be fer one of 'er own young."

"Jacob safe." Eysseth purrs nuzzling Jacob a bit licking his head again.

"Aye I am Eysseth. Would ya let go now?" Jacob tries to move, but is held tight to the Wyvern by her wings. "I'd ask ya fer help, but Eysseth'd not take too kindly ta that." Eysseth glares at Elliot as if saying 'Try it. I dare you.' "Eysseth. Let me go. We got work ta do."

Eysseth looks down at Jacob with a sad look. "Jacob."

"Let me go Eysseth." Eysseth opens her wings letting Jacob stand up looking very sad. "Aw. I'm sorry Eysseth. Come 'ere." Jacob hugs Eysseth scratching her scales where they thin on the side of her neck just behind her ears. Eysseth purrs closing her eyes and leaning into Jacob's touch.
  17. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Elliot sheepishly watched as Jacob escaped from the clutches of his Wyvern's wings, and proceeded to scratch her behind the ears. The old soldier had completely misinterpreted the Rito's embarrassment, but that wasn't the problem- the problem was that he had used a title to address Elliot. He HATED that.

Seconds after Jacob started scratching his cat- Elliot meant, Wyvern, Captain Aveil appeared on-deck. He, too, seemed well-rested, and he saluted Elliot and Jacob. "Good morning, you two," he said. "Still no traces of storms," he told Elliot, "So that's a relief." Elliot was about to confirm the relief, only to be interrupted. "However, the lookout is saying there's a lot of dark shadows approaching the fleet. Did you Lord Valoo say anything about that?"

"No," Elliot said. "However, the Eastern Sea is home to a number of dangerous creatures, so it's very well possible that it's something unrelated." He turned to Jacob. "Sir Temple, please prepare for the worst. If these are what I fear they might be, we will have to fight soon."
  18. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    Jacob listens as the captain and Elliot talk nodding and stroking his chin. Upon the Rito mentioning that the old soldier should be ready for a fight Jacob chuckles grabbing his sword sheath. Smirking the Hylian brandishes his Goron Iron Broadsword. "I'm always ready fer a fight yer highness. What'dya think tha shadows 'er anyways? It's a lot easier ta fight if ya know what yer fightin'."

Eysseth stands up as Jacob talks with the other people. She walks over to the edge of the boat and looks out over the water. "What that?" She says to herself thinking she sees something far on the horizon.
  19. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Elliot hopped on the railing, and from there took to the sky, momentarily ignoring Jacob and Eysseth's words in favor of confirming his fears. He flew out a short distance, unable as he was to fly in place, and almost immediately wheeled around to return to the ship. "There's no mistaking them," he said as he landed next to the captain. "Tell the men to prepare for a school of Deep Pythons."

Deep Pythons were problematic creatures. Being airborne rather than seaborne, the Ritos of Dragon Roost Island were rarely bothered by them. However, on the occassion a wounded or disoriented Sea Zora would wash up on the shores of their island claiming to need rest before they could swim back home- a battle with a Deep Python had tired them out. Elliot hadn't thought they had been this far out in the open sea, but there was nothing else that took these forms. What worried him was how many there were, but with luck they'd spread out over the Hylian fleet so every ship would only have a few to fight...

A problem was that Elliot's arsenal of spells was ridiculously limited, but if Zoras were susceptible to fire then the Deep Pythons might work the same, right? The Rito jerked two crystals out of his pouch, making sure it were two old ones. Aveil, at the same time, had drawn his sword and had started barking orders to the men on deck. All were armed and other than himself, Elliot thought he saw one other person with magic radiating off of him. He just hoped it was enough.

"Here they are!" he shouted, as the first of the sea serpents reared its ugly head over the bow of the ship, looking down at all the people on it and apparently tried to decide who to eat first.