Let's get a RP started!!

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by Gizmo95, Apr 30, 2016.

1. Gizmo95

Gizmo95 That one nice but occasionally creepy guy. new

Hey! Thanks for stopping by the thread! I'm looking for anyone who wants to RP anything with me. I'm pretty new so nothing too complicated would be ideal but I am always up for a challenge. I look forward to roleplaying a with you!
  2. Sinistrari

Sinistrari Devious Grins & Hunter of Synonyms reg

Well if you'll have us, as mentioned in the other thread myself and Monkey are interested! I'm not sure how many characters you're thinking of grabbing for the occasion but I might throw both of mine into the mix.

As for the actual scenario... Let's rule out a dungeon for now and do a more casual quest to ease you into things. How about they're staying in Lon Lon Ranch for the night and cross paths when they end up at the same humble inn? Maybe they actually meet each other when they sit down for an evening meal? As the thread progresses we can always throw in a little bandit raid or maybe an accidental fire to spice things up. Just ideas!
  3. Gizmo95

That sounds perfect to me! Thanks for being so cool about this. I like the inn and bandit raid idea. As for amount of people joining I say we are good with the three (four with your second) people. That seems like a good sized group. Although if anyone else does want to join in don't be afraid to ask about hopping in.

I'm really excited now! Just let me know when you guys want to get started. I can start up the thread or you can if you'd rather set an example of how to do so for me. Either way is fine with me! Can't wait to get started on my first adventure.
  4. Sinistrari

If you feel up to starting it off then go for it! I'm ready to start posting whenever. Maybe launch yours off with setting the table for dinner or something. I'll introduce my guys afterwards.
  5. monkeyislandfan1

monkeyislandfan1 Aspiering pun maker and drinker of milk reg

This sounds good, it's on the way to Castle town from Nabooru so it'd make sense for Erick to stop there for the night, after Sinistari I'll post.
  6. Sinistrari

Oh! And if you could post a link here to the new thread once you start it up - just in case it gets buried - that would be awesome. (We don't start getting notifications until we post in it.)

If you need any help or change your mind about going first then just say!
  7. Gizmo95

Alright it's up and hopefully up to your guys standards! Took me a while to write since I wanted to do a bit of backstory about how I got so far from the Western Caves without posting any other adventures. Here's the link. "An Uneventful Journey's Beginning? (Open)

Oh, and I left it open just in case any other newcomers want to join in early enough. Hope you guys don't mind.
  8. monkeyislandfan1

monkeyislandfan1 Aspiering pun maker and drinker of milk reg

I'm fine with that.
  9. Sinistrari

Awesome! I'll have a post out by the end of tonight, latest. (And yup, I'm completely cool with anyone else joining too.)
  10. Ceptus780

Ceptus780 New Member reg

Rupees:
    Member:
    Ryu
    I would like to join as well but i am waiting for my character to be accepted.
  11. Sinistrari

Give it a few more days and if no-one's looked at it try mentioning it in the shoutbox or by PMing Cloud, Guy, Squishy or WillowtheWisp etc. Nonetheless I doubt we'll all be too far ahead by the time your character gets accepted, so you're welcome to join when he does!

Nicholas, I'll probably properly introduce Faust later on in my next post or so when an opportunity arises. I've kept him on the sidelines for now just to get him in the picture and see what Monkey has planned for Erick. (I've also kept both my characters' reasoning for being there accidentally a little mysterious but it'll unravel itself later!).
  12. Ceptus780

Ceptus780 New Member reg

Rupees:
    Member:
    Ryu
    Well i have been waiting since frieday and i saw others got approved. Thanks though.
    Last edited: May 2, 2016
  13. Ceptus780

Ceptus780 New Member reg

Rupees:
    Member:
    Ryu
    Okay got him excepted!
  14. Sinistrari

Brilliant! After Monkey's post, feel free pop up one yourself to introduce your character to the inn and its characters. (And I'll think that'll be our posting order: Nicholas, Sini', Monkey, Ceptus)
    Ceptus780 likes this.
  15. Ceptus780

Ceptus780 New Member reg

Rupees:
    Member:
    Ryu
    That works. I looked at you characters. Is there anything else that i should look at and learn?
    Last edited: May 2, 2016
  16. Ceptus780

Ceptus780 New Member reg

Rupees:
    Member:
    Ryu
  17. Sinistrari

Hmmm...I don't think so, no!

After looking over Ryu though would you be comfortable with Faust and him already knowing each other? It'd just be pretty neat since Ryu's mother seemed to pass away from not being able to afford a doctor/good food etc, while Faust became a doctor because his mother passed away - well, and his brothers and father too... (Not that he actually knows that motivation himself :lol: Not directly. Nor would he ever admit it. Faust's excuse is always "I'm a doctor just because I'm good at it".)

If Ryu's mother passed away six years ago, and Faust's mother passed away roughly ten years ago... I'm going to guestimate that Faust probably started studying the medical field at least five years ago - maybe seven max. So perhaps Faust was a fresh, newb' of a doctor when the two met? Ryu could even have asked Faust to help his mother? (But he would've been so inexperienced it would've failed of course.) Since none of the family could afford an actual, trained doctor and they were all either too busy or up their own arses, Faust may have been the only one to have a go.

If you're not comfortable with that then just say so! Seriously. No hard feelings will be felt. I just like plotting so I thought I'd throw that idea out there at least!

*ramble over*
  18. Ceptus780

Ceptus780 New Member reg

Rupees:
    Member:
    Ryu
    I like the idea. It adds a good twist to it so yeah we can do that.
  19. Sinistrari

Great! I'll shoot you a PM to smooth some details out, so I don't bog up this chat in the process.
  20. Ceptus780

Ceptus780 New Member reg

Rupees:
    Member:
    Ryu
    Sounds good.