LET US PLAY SIM TOWN for windahs ninety five

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Doc Genz, May 30, 2016.

1. Doc Genz

Doc Genz frozen again Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    [​IMG]

Welcome to SimTown for the windows PC.

This is an "educational" experimental version of Sim City where you can get super up close and personal with literally everything. It is a lot like pretty much any other game from this era, but super in-between generic. You'll notice further into this LP, you can examine the citizens and their pets to see what they like ie; "chinese food." what their job is, their name, everything. You can also make your own people, making this an oft forgotten precursor to "The Sims."

When I was growing up, everyone played these games. You couldn't avoid either this, The Oregon Trail, The Amazon Trail, or Roller Coaster Tycoon. You'll find this to be a lot like my Animal Crossing thread, but I will be treating the townspeople more like shit because they are 2D, and you can't build anything if they're occupying a tile.

Of course, right off the bat. It would not be a simulation without a dirty word as the name.

[​IMG]

Welcome to Bollocks Town.

[​IMG]

The first thing you will notice about this game, is when you make anything it will be on top of these ugly brown isometric tiles. The second most important thing is, we're going to make everything look awful anyway.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

At the behest of the townspeople, you add more stuff as they whine and complain.
    I will be showing you later, but there's also resources and pollution to deal with.

You can see more clearly what the citizens want by clicking the little newspaper and seeing what problems make the headlines.

[​IMG]

A year has passed, and these people have gotten jack shit in their town. So I generously give them some civic services. There is the Civic Center next to the School, and the doctor's office in the south-west. You will probably notice I'm making the roads as totally backwards and unusable as I can. This will get funny later on as the cars struggle to get around.

That's all for now, the citizens are getting needy again. I also need to stop very soon for a certain game I have been neglecting to finish.
  2. Beefish

Beefish DODONGO DISLIKES SMOKE. new

Oh wow, I remember this game. I used to play it at my Auntie's house :omg: