Just 3 Heart Ran The Cave of Ordeals (TP)

Discussion in 'Zelda Discussion' started by Kienamaru, Aug 13, 2013.

1. Kienamaru

Kienamaru New Member new

That bonus dungeon on TP, with the 45 floors of combat. I just beat on my 3 heart run. It was pretty intense. I ended up using a potion and 200 rupees from magic armor. (Actually the potion was an accident as I still had 2 hearts when I used it.) Now I can continue writing my TP secret finder guide thing or whatever. Gonna try and include all 60 poes, all heart pieces, hidden caves, and grottos that I find.
  2. Double_r111

Double_r111 Espeon reg

You 3 heart ran The Cave of Ordeals?! Wow! That takes skill far beyond what I have at this game.

Congrats on it! I love The Cave of Ordeals, but I doubt I could 3 heart run it!
  3. Kienamaru

Kienamaru New Member new

Thanks. It really just comes down to knowing the best attacks and items to use on which enemies and not getting ganged by the darknuts all at once. That's what happened on my first try. They say it's tons harder on the second time through. I don't think I want to try and 3 heart that one though.
  4. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

I think it's awesome you did that- I want to try that now! lol. A 3-heart attempt on the second go round sounds like a great challenge; I say go for it! What can you lose, right? Plus, increased bragging rights if you do, haha.
  5. Fcgfyv

Fcgfyv Knight of Mind reg

I think that after having beaten MQ 3-heart with as few items as possible, I would try this myself on a day where I'm absolutely dying of boredom... And have lots of free time. :XD:

Basically, nice job! You make it sound so easy. :P
  6. Double_r111

Double_r111 Espeon reg

With all these people talking about how much they want to try this, something like this, or that they've done 3-heart challenges to begin with, I now realize just how bad at Zelda I really am.
  7. Fcgfyv

Fcgfyv Knight of Mind reg

One is not simply bad at Zelda, unless they can't get out of Skyloft. :yomp:
  8. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

Thats very impressive Kienamauru. The hardest thing I have done in a zelda game is attempt to do a no sword run of the Legend of Zelda, which I stopped doing due to time constraints. I got all the way to the fifth dungeon and was doing pretty well, maybe I'll start another no sword run, or perhaps a 3 heart run of LoZ.
  9. Aurelia

Aurelia unreliable and clumsy new

3DS Friend Code:
    3325-1925-7295
    I have done a 3 heart run on Minish Cap, Majoras Mask, and trying to do a 3 heart run on Skyward Sword.
    The easiest one was Minish Cap, but on Skyward Sword... maybe I'm not that coordinated for it.
  10. darklink28

darklink28 Somewhere in Hyrule reg

3DS Friend Code:
    4897-7258-9301
    3 heart running SS is very difficult. You start out with 5 hearts for a reason. It's not an easy game. This is why I'm so glad that they are including a hero mode in TWW. I really want more damage taken. In the original, it was a travesty. Like a half a heart taken on the final boss...or really any boss. GAHHH I got so frustrated with that.

What I always wanted to do was do a run of the Cave of Ordeals with no potions, so that all my bottles had the fairies tear or whatever you get for beating it. But. The more times you beat it, the harder it gets. Hopefully I can try to do that again soon. Difficult, but, hopefully not impossible.
  11. Guy

Guy Admin admin

>Using Magic Armor.
    >Using a Potion.

If I did that, then I would have already beaten it on my three-heart run as well (but I keep dieing around level 40). :haa: But seriously, congradulations, it's quite a feat.