Jon Requests an Audience

Discussion in 'Arena Hall' started by Idarian, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Idarian

Idarian Imperator of Known Space reg

Jon entered the Arena Lord's grand hall fully clad in his steel king's mail and klivanion under a white, wool surcoat. He carried his helm tucked under his arm as he stepped forward, left hand resting on Fire-Brand's pommel.

"I wish to speak with the master of this hall. I would wish to compete in one of his fabled gauntlets."
  2. Arena Lord

Arena Lord Supreme Judge of the Battle Arena

From darkness that was laid out in the cavern before Jon came a Darknut, a beast of hulking power who seemed surprisingly restrained. His body was wrapped in chainmail, legs covered in various plate. At his left hip was what seemed to be a longsword wrapped in a sheathe made of both wood lined with gold trim.

The warrior glanced down at the Hylian, and gave a slight scoff. "You seem to think rather highly of yourself for one who's never even been to the Arena before." To some extent, he felt a shred of pity for someone so ignorant of how things worked here. "I'm sure from whatever land you hail from, someone knows your name," the words came harshly, "But to us, you are nobody. For the time being, you may as well be a peasant. For a peasant to so boldly stride into our Lord's hall and ask for even a speck of His time... let alone a favor... well, you can imagine just how insulting this could be perceived."

A slight sigh came forth, and he began to turn away. "But you seem... unknowing... so for now I will pretend this didn't happen." His arms crossed, and he turned to walk back into the hall's darkness. "Maybe our Lord will find your name will be worth hearing after you've survived a bout or two in the Arena... but for now, get out of here."
  3. Idarian

Idarian Imperator of Known Space reg

"Indeed I would think highly of myself, good sir. Perhaps I am of no consequence to you or your lord as yet, but know that I shall return and my name will be known throughout the many kingdoms of the Earth."

With that, Jon strode from the hall in search of other tasks.