Inky's Creative Stuff

Discussion in 'Creative Works' started by Electronic Ink, Jul 9, 2016.

1. Electronic Ink

Electronic Ink local zora vet

So a bunch of you have probably already heard about this fanfic I keep rabbiting about and probably want to punch me for it. My friends and I have long joked about animating it just because it'd be fun; while none of us can animate, I figured the idea was fun to entertain. So while I was trying to figure out the tune of the eponymous 'Ballad of Arialk', I somehow ended up making a song to go with the prologue. So, I figured why not show it to you guys.

Track 01- Empty Fountain (Prologue)

Whatcha think?
  2. Luneth

Luneth Cesare The Somnambulist new

The track is currently unavailable to listen to! It gives me an error page.
  3. Electronic Ink

Urk! Okay, try again. I think I fixed the problem. I've never used Soundcloud before so I think I goofed.
  4. Luneth

So I did in fact listen to it. I appreciate your use of the Ocarina of Time soundfont, it sounds pretty nicely. I notice a kind of a-rhythmic quality to the music. It's interesting use, and I see how it lends itself to your kind of distorted theme. Your strings are slightly off when they join the ocarina on Zelda's Lullaby, but that's fine, not tooooo big of a problem, only really noticeable to a big Z fan. When it switches to the second half of the song, it kind of gets a little muddled? You pull off the uneasy feeling, but a mixture of the low quality samples (you can fix that with some reverb) and the echoes just kind of runs everything together, and it's hard to pick apart. But other than that, very good! I liked it a lot.
  5. Electronic Ink

*hangs head in shame* I haven't gotten around to the program yet because of crap computer. This was done on a Yamaha DGX-300 keyboard, then lack of a cable to connect it to my Chromebook made me record it with a simple voice recorder. And I can't play piano. Inky you noob.

The second part is meant to be chaotic and bizarre, evoking a feeling of panic and what-is-happening (it corresponds to a surprise attack in the story). I'm so glad you liked it!
  6. Luneth

No need to be shameful! I think that's fine. Like I said, your samples sounded really nice for the feel you were going for. You are eventually going to want to move to a sequencer of some sort, which you'll need a MIDI cable to connect your computer to your keyboard as a controller. These aren't hard to come by, you won't find one in your average house but if there's a Guitar Center or similar store nearby you'll definitely be able to find one there.
  7. Electronic Ink

Okay! I'll work on finding a cable and a suitable program. The main issue is my home laptop can't support strenuous programs (It crashes using Microsoft Word, occasionally) and my school computer can't run anything that isn't designed for Chrome OS.

I don't think Guitar Center is a thing in Australia (center? centre? How would it be spelt in Australia?) but I'm sure I can find a suitable shop that sells them. Thank you so much for your advice!!
  8. Luneth

My pleasure! If you have any questions about the programs or anything, I'd love to help further!
    I understand that laptop problem, I also compose on a laptop and it's a problem. There's a thing you can buy that you plug into your laptop that essentially boosts your core and turns it into a suitable rig for a gaming laptop, you might want to try that. It was $400 or so though.
  9. Electronic Ink

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

(Sorry for the poor image quality. I usually use my iPhone camera but the main camera is broken and I had to take this with the front camera.)

The hairstyle texts are: Ponytail, loose, bun, short, bald.
    The outfit texts are: Maroul Clan style, Cador Clan style, Nardu Clan style
    The hair/skin hue texts are: bleached, burned, infused and unchanged.

Meet Yanalei. She's a Twili, a race that cannot tolerate strong light. Their world is lit by the Sol, a huge glowing crystal that is only poisonous at close range.

Yanalei is part of the Solune Monastery, and a part of her duties is to help the other monks close a metal dome over the Sol at night. After Princess Midna disappears, Yanalei starts asking all the wrong questions. The new queen tries to kill her by trapping her in the dome with the Sol. Imagine spending twelve hours in a fire. She's discovered in the morning physically warped and badly burned.

Which designs do I use? Before the burning she had pale gray skin and orange hair. Pick one hairstyle, one outfit and one skin/hair colour combination.
  10. Sinistrari

Sinistrari Devious Grins & Hunter of Synonyms reg

Ooo I love picking designs like this :XD:

Judging just on the prettiest-factor alone, I'm going to cast my votes and say:
    • Nardu Clan style costume, absolutely
    • Bun OR Bald for the hairstyle
    • ...and I can't make my mind up about the hair/skin, just not the infused one (as blue doesn't seem relevant)

I mainly picked all of these because I have a big soft spot for ornate designs. Especially those with Asian inspiration. (I'm still making a Twili myself at some point btw!)
  11. Electronic Ink

Thanks, Sini! Having trouble deciding how to design her~
  12. Sinistrari

Well if you ever want any more help or crit' let me know!
  13. Electronic Ink

:happy: I'm hoping that at some stage I'll be able to upload the entire folder of fanfic character art, but I need to find a decent camera now that my phone bit the bullet.
  14. Sinistrari

Oooooo, please do! I'm curious. (And more art is always a good thing). I've got a separate camera because my phone cameras have always been absolute rubbish.
  15. Electronic Ink

[​IMG]

Meet Laruto, a Zora priestess of Din who is frankly done with how the Zora have been regressing into vanity and shallowness. When Ganondorf takes over Hyrule, Laruto is one of the few Zora prepared for such an eventuality, and Laruto manages to escape Jabuzor with the princess Ruto. Finding sanctuary with the rebellion, Laruto joins Link on his quest to earn the favour of the Goddesses, and to challenge Din in battle.

Laruto fights with swift hand-to-hand combat, as well as by stiffening her fins to use as blades. She augments this with her bioelectricity and musical spells performed on her harp.

Part Three of the Shadehand Compass will follow the group's travels to challenge the Avatars of each goddess, to earn their favour, their piece of the Triforce, and even become Avatars themselves. Laruto challenges the Avatar of Din to claim the Pendant of Power and a shard of the Triforce.
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2016
  16. Sinistrari

This turned out really nice! Good combination of the two styles. I've always preferred the TP Zora and Laruto is instantly recognizable. (This is perhaps the weirdest thing to compliment, but I love the feet especially.)
  17. Electronic Ink

:D Naww thank you! I was worried she wasn't recogniseable. And I dunno what I did with the feet, they just kind of happened. :sweat: Glad you like it!
  18. Electronic Ink

[​IMG]

Link of the Kokiri
    Meet Link, a mischievous Kokiri who hasn't taken kindly to suddenly being given a strict fairy-guardian (Navi, also pictured). Prone to slipping out of her sight and exploring on his own, Link is shocked when he stumbles upon a Lost Door in a hole in the woods. The Lost Door leads to an underground fairy fountain, where to his horror he finds Zelda and Impa besieged by savage Lizalfos. Panicking, Link grabs Zelda's arm and drags her back through the Lost Door into the Kokiri Forest...

Link fights with a long knife of Gerudo make, which he believes belonged to his mother. He has little magical skill but his small size can benefit him in battle.
  19. Electronic Ink

[​IMG]

Saria of the Kokiri
    Meet Saria, a friendly Kokiri girl and Link's staunchest ally. A bit of a copycat, Saria often finds herself deliberately 'becoming' what she thinks people around her would like to see; it drives her nuts when she notices that she's putting on an act again. She loves being around Link simply for his low standards- since he has no 'ideal friend' (seriously, he'll take any friends he can get) Saria is free to be herself around him.
    Saria notably wears a tight kidney belt. While she'll always fob off inquiries by saying she carries around a lot of crap, the real backstory is much more troubled. In fact, up until about ten years ago, Saria was a rather stout girl, larger than most Kokiri. This didn't bother her in the slightest, and she ignored any nasty comments of the sort making fun of her weight...until a certain humiliating prank involving a Kokiri play and a rigged costume. With her defensive shell broken, Saria determinedly focused on becoming like the other Kokiri. To this day, she's still of the mind that she's not as slight as the others, and she is determined to be like them even if most of them have forgotten the prank entirely.

Saria fights with a pair of Kokiri blades, although she's not particularly proficient with them.
  20. Electronic Ink

[​IMG]

Zelda Nohansen Hyrule III
    Meet Zelda, a tomboyish, repressed Hylian girl who really, really wishes she wasn't heir to the throne. Hates that she doesn't get to do anything because it's already done for her. Feels guilty for hating that everything is done for her. Zelda is incredibly anxious and indecisive. She finds it difficult to make important decisions, and this trait upsets her even more because, as she's constantly reminded, she is going to be the leader of an entire country and important decisions will be everywhere. She's constantly stressing over her inability to find the perfect middle ground. She reacts very well to her stint in the Kokiri Forest- finally, she's free of the stress that has plagued her entire life.

Zelda fights mostly with magic, although she's not averse to a good old sword to the face.