I'm Here, You're Here, Let's Kill Bad Guys Together [Deku Tree] (Ink and Cain)

Discussion in 'Classic Dungeons' started by Electronic Ink, Sep 20, 2017.

1. Electronic Ink

Electronic Ink local zora vet

QUEST BUREAU THREAD
    The tree was being most disagreeable.
    "Come on," Remei bartered, trying her best to sound less irritated than she actually was, which was a lot. "It's mutually beneficial. We both get something out of it!"
    The tree just stared at her. How a tree without Din-damned eyeballs could stare eluded Remei entirely but it was patronizing and disconcerting and if he didn't stop doing it she was going to pull out her glaive and start cutting her way into the tree by hand.

"Why not?" she pouted, staring up at the enormous nose. "Adventurers explore you all the time, apparently,"
    "Adventurers," the tree pointed out. "Not children. You're still a girl."
    Seriously? This was an age thing? Din damn it! She was surely only a little way away from looking like an adult, and surely it didn't matter that much, damn it.
    "I can handle myself," she said stubbornly, glaring at the tree. "What would I have to do to convince you to let me in? I can kill the monsters in there and you can give me that treasure,"
    It sounded like she was going to clean his teeth or something.

"I would be much reassured if you had a chaperone," the tree said, and Remei grimaced. "In fact, I believe there is someone suitable nearby, as the fates would have it,"
    "Oh, you can't be serious," Remei started, but then she heard something behind her and turned. Sure enough, there was someone there. "That's just ridiculous," she deadpanned, staring at the newcomer. "Alright tree, I have a chaperone. Let me in, then!"
  2. Cain

Cain New Member reg

Rupees:
    Member:
    Cain
    Cain had found himself a clear reflective puddle to shave the shadow off his face. Dipping his straight razor into the puddle he began scraping, at that same moment a piercing "HEY!" Disturbed his calm making him cut a gash down his cheek. Glaring up at the source of the piercing voice the mercenary growled "I ought'a make you fix that you little bugger! What do you want?!"

"Listen!" the shrill voice echoed from a glowing fuzz ball. "You like fighting things for money? Don't you?"

Cain wiped the blood dripping from his cheek with his hand "Well yeah, what do you want with a mercenary?"

The glowing fuzz ball flitted here and there as it urged "Not me! The Great Deku Tree! Come on! The Great Tree has Rupee's!"

The mercenary grunted as he rose his knee popping, all in all Cain still felt in his prime, thanks to potions, faeries and healing magics but they only went so far and he still felt the effects of time on his body. He was not going to get any peace at all until he at least investigated the Great Deku Tree.

Upon arrival he was starring at a tree a giant tree with a big mouth having an argument with a young Gerudo lady. Cain nodded he had been had. "So, whats your name young lady? and are you ready to go?" He asked as he approached the fiery teenager with an attitude.
  3. Electronic Ink

"Remei," grumbled the Gerudo girl, not caring enough to ask for her new partner's name. "I'm definitely ready to go, have been for ages, but this tree wouldn't listen to me,"
    Without a word, the Great Deku Tree dropped open his mouth, and Remei stalked inside without hesitation. "Coming?" she called to the Hylian she'd been shackled with.

The interior of the tree was damp and warm, the only source of fresh air being the open maw behind them. The atmosphere was heavy with moss and rotting flora, and Remei paused uncomfortably when she noticed something unnerving on one of the inside walls of the tree.
    "Is that a mushroom?" she asked, looking at the black fungus that was splattered over the wood. "Mushrooms are bad for trees, right?" Remei's plant knowledge was extremely lacking- plants weren't really able to grow that well in the salt-rich, rocky soil of the Forsaken Fortress- but even she knew that fungus on a plant was a bad sign.

She turned away from the ominous spores and tightened her grip on her glaive. "Alrighty, big guy. There's gonna be monsters in here so you'd better be ready to fight them," She started cautiously tracing steps forward, eyes sweeping the surrounding area in search of either another room or a monster ready to fight them.
  4. Cain

Cain New Member reg

Rupees:
    Member:
    Cain
    In reply to his small companions question about mushrooms growing on trees "I don't bloody know, I'm not a gardener." He shook his head letting his eyes adjust to the dusky surroundings. There were shuffling sounds coming from the corners of inside the tree. The air was musty and stale as if the place had been closed off for years; it smelled of must and decaying wood.

As his foot passed the light of the entrance the hairs on his neck immediately rose. They were being watched, he couldn't tell by what but in the darkness, enemies were watching them and closing in on the pair. His hand gripped the hilt of his khopesh, and he deliberately withdrew it from it's scabbard. There were glints of light here and there coming into view in pairs for a brief moments.

Then out they came in no organized manner, jowls slapping, sloppily as they snorted and grunted in their ill fitting armor. Moblins those disgusting, foot soldiers for Ganon, "You just had to say something about monsters didn't you kid." the mercenary said glaring at the foes which were taking their sweet time.

"Well, if we're gonna do this, we're gonna do this." Cain growled his eyes flickering between the approaching enemies to his young companion. Then in an instant a black, purple, miasma like orb of energy flashed from his off hand and drove into the nearest of the pig faced beast-men. The fight began in earnest when Cain's curved sword connected with a moblin club.
  5. Electronic Ink

Remei yelped as the monsters appeared. That was bloody fast, she decided, her glaive slashing out towards the nearest of the ugly beasts. Moblins were ugly. All the Moblins she'd known were ugly, and she was pretty sure that all the Moblins she'd ever meet would be ugly too. They were just ugly beasts. She stabbed her glaive into one of the slavering beasts' throat, yanking the blade free with a spurt of greenish gunk. Her hand found the boomerang at her belt and hurled it through the air, a harsh wind whirling around the boomerang as it pulled her next target's weapon from his grip. The boomerang looped back towards her and she caught it, lunging forwards with her glaive aimed at a gap in the creature's armour. She missed the tiny opening, her blade hitting the plate with a sharp clank and skating off. The creature's club hit her shoulder and she cried out, twisting and kicking it from the Moblin's hand and bringing the glaive slashing back around. It bit into the creature's hand and the piglike beast recoiled, giving Remei enough room to yank her glaive free and then drive it into the creature's face. It too went down, and she spun, looking for her next target.