If you don't Twist I won't choke.

Discussion in 'The Twister's Domain' started by Doc Genz, Apr 21, 2016.

1. Doc Genz

Doc Genz frozen again Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    "Just don't tell them I was here." the Kokiri in the gaudy outfit spoke to the old man.

He looked down, knowingly. A pitying look came over him. He reached for a flask of medicinal brew and touched it to his lips. His hole in the cliffside poked modestly out into a forest, where bands of monsters might not see. What was this girl doing here? Why was she avoiding the law? He ended his swig of the herbal mixture and brought his attention back.

"Why are you so paranoid, child? Just what have you to be afraid of? I let you stay in here long enough, why not head back to town where it's safe?" he remarked.

Eve adjusted a cloth covering most of her face. She knew this man was wise, yes. But there were still things she didn't think he would believe.

"I've been saving my money. . . I want to go back to town eventually, but-" her voice stopped mid-sentence. Even when avoiding people and law enforcement that might recognize her, the last time she set foot in a heavily populated town was when it happened. As if compelled to confront him and make a sacrifice, the citizens stopped like gargoyles. His desk, appearing before her.

As if thinking about that time in this stressful conversation was a spell of summoning, it happened. The old man was frozen before the opening of his cave. The stark colors of the backdrop had grayed, bleeding stone color into all including the man. His agape mouth and raised hand were frozen mid-movement. Eve dropped her cloth, looking around with her uncovered face. All had stopped, this was his domain. But where was he? Eve tip-toed around to face the other way.

There before the woods stood a large teacher's desk. A slate board had been erected behind it, and it all seemed to be on a wooden stage one would find in a schoolhouse. A large cylinder stuck out from behind the desk. It appeared to be a stovepipe hat. Eve clamored closer, spying something of a head under the brim of the hat.

The brim cast an unnaturally long shadow over his face. The faceless face peered back, cracking a whimsical smile. He waited until Eve was in good listening distance. A long wooden pointer cracked against the slate, highlighting a lecture written in chalk that wasn't there when she last looked. The boy's hand tightly gripped the pointer, dragging it noisily over the letters.

Eve tried to read the lecture out loud as the pointer scraped.

"You must not under any circumstance attack me. Bad students are punished. You will be punished again if you do not comply. Do not seek me, I go where I please. Do not call me, you cannot defeat me. Once again, do not attack me. It is useless, you will be punished." she read out loud as the squeaking pointer scraped the stone.

"What?! You want me to listen to that? Do you know how many places I got kicked out of because of what you did to my face?!" she lashed back at the writing.

The pointer slammed loudly against the slate. Some new words appeared on the slate.

"You alone are to blame. You wanted to change your eye sockets. No one is to blame but you."

This enraged Eve, she simply wasn't patient or reasonable to accept these answers. Like a promise of presents on your birthday, Eve seemed to think she was entitled to something perfectly good every time. The aggro Kokiri bolted at the Twister with every intention of violence. She lunged at him and coiled her hands around his neck, beginning her Flame Choke attack. It was as if she was offering to have the attack mangled beyond recognition. Some people never learn.
  2. The Twister

The Twister The faceless face grows a grin most mischievous.

Like a needle puncturing flesh, a presence thrust painfully into the back of Eve's mind. It was not a voice. It was not words. It was simply a presence, an amusement from a foreign entity that seemed nothing other than mocking. She could feel the presence in her mind, the same way the cold metal of a needle might scrape deep through one's muscle: cold... foreign... dangerous... and disturbing... but utterly untouchable. The longer and harder she choked the figure before her, the more empty her own hands felt, and the more powerful felt those reaching into her consciousness. An unknowable amount of time passed before Eve realized her hands were grasping nothing. They never had. How unfortunate for her.

An interesting place, came the voiceless voice, mildly bemused as if by her actions. An interesting depiction. Your imagination is quite... vivid. It was a wholly different voice, this one--as if a completely separate entity than the nothingness she had been strangling prior.

It was then that Eve realized her hands were grasping... something. They always had. How fortunate for her. What was she holding? Nothing of much significance, surely--small, spherical, squishy...

Oh wait.

Her clenching palms, as if on impulse, opened. The crunched irises within them were... recognizable, to say the least.

Her... her hands... they held nothing but goop, remnants of what were once living organs. She could feel the slime beginning to slither, crawl, entwine her hands, until they became as too-tight gloves, squeezing the flesh on her fingers.... warming it... burning it... searing it... Words could not describe the pain thundering through the girl's nerves at this very moment. All the pain she could have ever felt in her entire eternal youth was tearing through her fingers, threaded and bottle-necked furiously through the tiny space of a few seconds.

She had no hands. Not normal ones, anyway. Bones. Bones burned with grotesque, crimson, searing matter--as if the burns themselves formed and grew a hideous, mocking impersonation of what was once her flesh. She could still feel the vague sensation of her hands burning, yet it was distant, and numbed. Everything she touched by them would be burned and seared just the same... a fire she could not suppress... on hands that could barely feel, and hardly be harmed.

Not that it much mattered, but she would find all her chokes to be quite Inflaming, yet ironically unable to perform the explosive technique she once knew.

Her wallet felt a bit lighter. Seven little green gems lighter, to be precise.

In time, she might discover that her hands could be restored--but only if she acquired cold flames and thoroughly bathed her disfigured hands in their horrid chills. Eve likely was neither wise nor cunning enough to ever discover this on her own, however.
  3. Doc Genz

Doc Genz frozen again Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    Her weird compound-delusion over, Eve stumbled out of her trance in front of the Old Man. His posture from before continued on the exact note he left off on. His hand and mouth began to move again, color of life breathed back into his form.

"Don't be afraid child. You will be safe back in town." he began, unaware of what just happened in Evelyn's head.

It took a few seconds, but his attention finally shifted to the new shape the Kokiri's hands were in. He wasn't sure to be more shocked at the shape they were in or how fast it had happened.

"Huh WHA?! Where did your hands go?!" he shouted frantically.

Unable to process what happened between the two of them, Eve made to run off. Old Man stood his ground, muttering to himself. His life would never be the same. The geezer retired to his cave to speculate on what just occurred. He turned to his library of magic. To the end of his days, he would never let this go. He was going to get to the bottom of this.