I am here!

Discussion in 'Introductions & Farewells' started by TheCrimsonDragon, Jun 24, 2017.

1. TheCrimsonDragon

TheCrimsonDragon New Member new

Hello I am an aspiring writer looking to increase my skills. I have experience with role playing and even once served as a mod of another site. How ever certain events have caused me to leave that site.
    It has been about a year since I last role played and needless to say, I'm rusty. However I hope this site can help better my skills once again.

Also, I had playable race question. I couldn't find a place that better suited the question and I didn't want to bother a mod over PM of a single question.

Anyway, I noticed in the origins of the playable races that some have their own perks. I was wondering, do races of certain origins absolutely have to abide by the origin perks?
  2. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    Yes, every race absolutely has to abide by it, unless you don't want to take any racial perks at all (which would be a very bad idea, if you have any aspirations to actually RP on the site).

(EDIT) ALSO: you don't have to actually use any of them, if that's what you were asking. You could always choose three Racial Perks and have literally none of them match a corresponding background. Pretty much everybody does this.

Anyways! Hello, and welcome to Hyrule Castle. I'm more than certain that you've already read about all our rules and guidelines, so I really appreciate that. Have a nice stay!
  3. Guy

Guy Admin admin

To be clear, let me answer that question in a different way. Every character gets three racial perks. When you create a character you can choose from the perks available to their race as well the universal perks available to every race.

You can see a list of all perks by clicking here.

So, a character of a given race does not have to "absolutely abide" by origin perks. You have numerous options. You can also forgo perks entirely, if you want, though there is no benefit to doing so. (Perks are free after all.)
    Cloud likes this.
  4. TheCrimsonDragon

I see. Thanks, you both answered my question well. I look forward to role playing here.
  5. kriss

kriss prince of the rito reg

welcome to castle !! i also am still rusty at rping even though i've been doing for like 2 months now (cry) but i hope you like it here !! everyone's nice and are willing to help out anytime.
  6. TheCrimsonDragon

Thank you. I look forward to the adventures in hyrule!
  7. AsheKryssaean

AsheKryssaean Senior Amateur new

Rupees:
    40 (Patience) 5 (Feru) 5 (Alicia) 5 (Owl) 0 (Oryn)
    Welcome potential new friend! I just woke up and I really can't think of anything clever to say.... but I'm certainly glad to see a new face :3 As long as I'm around I'm happy to RP but for the asking (lately I have been pulled away from this site and I've barely been around but that should be calming down soon) Like kriss said everyone here is pretty awesome. I hope you enjoy your stay!
  8. TheCrimsonDragon

Thank you! I had just finished my character and was just about to post them when I saw this. Assuming my character is good and approved quickly, I'll be out and role playing in no time.
  9. AsheKryssaean

AsheKryssaean Senior Amateur new

Rupees:
    40 (Patience) 5 (Feru) 5 (Alicia) 5 (Owl) 0 (Oryn)
    Sweeeet. Cloud is an admin if you didn't already know, and he's usually around to help with that. Guy is the main... well guy, heheh. And members with purple colored names are veterans and can also help you out. I can do nothing for you. I'm pretty new here, too. Also I am a creature of very little brain.
  10. TheCrimsonDragon

Well, I'm sure you're wonderful too. Thank you for the advice.