Holly Winterberry (Doc Genz)

Discussion in 'Pokemon RP: Tales from the Belvair Region' started by SenpaiPancake, Nov 23, 2012.

1. SenpaiPancake

SenpaiPancake Shhh! I'm charging my laser... reg

Name: Holly Winterberry

Hometown: Nimbasa City

[​IMG]
    Appearance: Holly is an ordinary framed girl. She has navy blue hair in a short cut a half inch from her shoulders in the back. Her hair is a bit messy. Holly's eyes are soft cyan, in a strange contrast to her dark navy hair. Her nose sticks out just a little, but also not too much. Atop her nose is a pair of medium thickness framed glasses, in a deeper navy color than her hair. She dons a sort of girl scout uniform with a skirt, in a dark mint color. At the age of twelve, she stands pretty short.

Personality/Motivations:
    Holly is strangely quick-witted for a pre-teen. She can hide her motives partially with her childish demeanor. Holly is not so much ambitious as she is bored. She begins her adventure on the notion that she will escape a dull life. She wants to catch pokemon because it is fun.

Battle is not too important to Holly, outside of collecting. Collecting the ones she likes and the prettiest badges is really all she cares about in battle. When she wants something badly enough, she will come up with devious strategies. There is nothing to her more important than winning when something nice is at stake.

After a childhood with an absent-minded father and harsh classmates, Holly developed an icy attitude. Rather than being confrontational, if someone has beef with her she will be mostly apathetic. There will be times when it looks like she's up to something.

Backstory/Family: When Holly was young, her mother left the house. Anton Winterberry was left alone to juggle his programming job and taking care of Holly. Never without several thousands of lines of coding to get done, he wasn't able to spend much time with Holly. It was never too bad, because Holly had toys and the TV to keep company with.

School was simple, but also frightening. While a great student and easy to get along with, Holly was one of the top five students in class to be the target of a prank at any given time. She would watch jealously at the athletic students training their vicious-looking pokemon. Holly had always wanted a pokemon. But not any pokemon, it had to be one she really liked.

Holly wanted something cute, but also powerful or useful. She would collect photos on her wall of the most adorable confectionery, and the most interesting pokemon. Off to the side, in a shaded corner, was a bulletin board. On the board was an array of pins and threads across a map, with blurry pictures of a fantastic pokemon in each area. Something mysterious was out there in the wilds and she wanted to find it.

It was sunny. Father wouldn't wake up, he was ill from the night of work before. Holly poked around the apartment. Discs, all over the work area. She shuffled through and picked the most glorious titles she could find. All of her father's work could pay off. She stacked seven TMs in her pocket as she groped around the table for parts of her scout uniform.

"Daddy can I go camping?" she asked softly to her stirring father.

"HKKRN sure bab bey, whatevner you want." he snorked at her as he rolled painfully.

"I love you papa." Holly hugged his bristly head.

She packed a bag of camping supplies and took a bus. Reversal Mountain, the perfect place for a picnic, right? Holly danced over sharp obsidian as she skipped cautiously up the trail. Hot springs bubbled and popped, and oozed radium all about the ashen soil. Soon it occurred to her, she should get out of here soon. But she spotted a flat patch of undisturbed soil near the top, the perfect picnic spot! She unrolled her blanket and layed her lunch items about.

She shivered as she felt something fumbling by behind her. It was a horrendously ugly salamander pokemon, trampling over to a spring to get a drink. She scrunched her face up as she watched the creature's lumpy hide as it bent over. She couldn't imagine who would want to catch that thing. It did look tough though. As she nibbled a sandwich point, she noticed something in front of her about seventy yards up. A round shape was nestled in the soil like a nest. It was colorful but small. Holly finished her food fast.

With a sprinting start she went to check the shape. It was an egg. A bird egg? Maybe some weird man-shaped bird-lizard. She tried to picture the nasty creature but it was too horrible to imagmar. No, the colors were all wrong, it had to be something else. She went to grab it when she noticed the thing behind her break into a charge. Whatever that ugly thing was, it wanted the egg as food! Maybe, if she wasn't careful, it would even eat her. Holly grabbed the egg and bolted for it.

At the bottom of the trail she was sure it wasn't chasing her anymore. But she wasn't taking chances after all the magma lumps that flew past her face. She finally realized why the trail was off-limits. Those horrible creatures were probably endangered or something. Yeah, that made sense. She got in the bus before the awful thing could find her.

"I didn't get to go camping. Hm. What if I go on a good adventure? I should call dad. . ." she mumbled to herself in the bus seat.

At the truck stop, Holly got out and used the payphone while charging her pokegear. All these neat gadgets, and the only pokemon she had was an egg she just found. That's what happens when you have a single dad in the pokemon-tech industry. If she could just get one she could catch others with relative ease. Finally, the phone picked up. Father was picking up from his own pokegear.

"Daddy, I went for a nice hike! But it got stormy. Magma Stormy. So I need a good new area to camp! Papa, where's a nice place full of green mountains and cute wildlife?" She blathered into the receiver.

"MMm Hol-y look. At m kngd-om. Was finnly theer, sittom eye throw a-guh prinka Belvair." he grumbled drowsily. It looked like he was still pretty sick. It sounded like he was watching too much Fresh Prince of Belvair too. Maybe she should check that region out? It was only a short flight away, after all. Using some more of her dad's money, she booked a flight to an airport in Belvair. A short bus-ride would get her to an airport in Nimbasa.

"Oh drat, I forgot my hat at home."

Wishlist:

Maractus
    Sigilyph
    Baltoy
    Skorupi
    Regice
    TM: Psyshock
    TM: Hyper Beam
  2. SenpaiPancake

SenpaiPancake Shhh! I'm charging my laser... reg

[​IMG] - Egg - ??? - ? - ??? - Lv. ?- N/A