HC Trope Pages

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by Darth_Slaverus, May 22, 2017.

1. Darth_Slaverus

Darth_Slaverus Member vet

Because finding a productive use for my time is anathema to my very being, I thought it might be fun to try out another minigame of sorts involving HC characters: Compiling trope pages for our characters, using tropes from TvTropes! To my knowledge, there isn't another thread like this on the boards, so I figured I'd make one. Feel free to post as often or as little as you like, edit your entries, or even post subversions/inversions if you'd like!

Let's give this a whirl... I'm too lazy to sort the tropes by alphabetical order, so I'm just gonna put them in whatever order they come to me in.

Judith Vilcaron:

-All Women Love Shoes: Inverted, she loathes them. As a result, she...
    -Does Not Like Shoes/Magical Barefooter: Is basically always barefoot, due to her aforementioned hatred of shoes, her rural background, and her spiritual convictions.
    -White Magician Girl: Mostly fits this mold, but has more offensive spells than the usual examples of this trope.
    -Good Shepherd: As a priestess of Nayru, she provides healing, magical lessons, and wedding/funeral services to the people of Lon Lon, often for free.
    -Squishy Wizard: She is normally this, being very good at spellcasting, yet utterly abysmal at any kind of physical activity. Her skill at casting Nayru's Affection remedies this somewhat.
    -Lipstick Lesbian: She's extremely feminine, and tends to be attracted to exotic, physically powerful women.
    -Covert Pervert: Downplayed, but elements of it exist in her character. Notably, she has a habit of Eating the Eye Candy.
    -Making a Splash/An Ice Person: Many of her spells are water or ice-themed, in keeping with her belief that Nayru is the patron of these elements.
    -Love Goddess: She worships Nayru as one, in addition to her other aspects.
    -Berserk Button: Blaspheming against Nayru and deliberately destroying knowledge are hers.
    -Statuesque Stunner: Is 5'9, and quite pretty.
    -Shrinking Violet: Although very passionate and outspoken when it comes to her religion, Judith adheres more to this trope in her day-to-day life.
    -Stutter Stop: Judith frequently stammers when speaking, except when speaking about her faith or something related to it.
    -Sophisticated as Hell: Kind of; although Judith has a large vocabulary and a very eloquent, academic manner of speech, she unconsciously lets rural slang slip into her speech from time-to-time, particularly when stressed.
    -Religion is Magic: A core tenet of her faith, and one she wholeheartedly believes in.
    -Feminine Women Can Cook: Judith certainly can, and it's one of her favourite hobbies.
    -Country Mouse: Gives off this vibe at times; although amazed by the size of Castle-Town, she clearly prefers the less-crowded lifestyle of her native Lon Lon.
    -Southern Belle: Is something of a fantasy version of this, though she is far less outgoing than the usual examples of the trope.
    -Innocent Bigot: Downplayed. Judith is normally welcoming and tolerant, but she finds Rito culture to be flawed due to their worship of Valoo, and she likewise tends to believe that "evil" races such as Moblins are innately barbaric and that they must struggle to overcome their own natures.
    -Lawful Good: Her character alignment.
    -Promotion to Parent: Underwent one at age five, helping to raise her brothers after the death of her mother. This is likely why she is a...
    -Friend to All Children: Adores children, and believes that nurturing the next generation is of the utmost importance. Note how she refers to Nayru as Mother Nayru.
    -Undying Loyalty: To Nayru and the Cult of Nayru.
    -Humble Hero: Although proud of her goddess and Hylian society, Judith is very modest about her own capabilities.
    -Woman in White/True Blue Femininity: Her robes are a combination of these two tropes.
    -Sitcom Arch-Nemesis: Her relationship with Lamia is essentially this.
    -Good is Not Dumb: Comes with being a servant of Nayru, naturally!
    -Nice Girl: At the end of the day, while Judith can be uptight and judgmental, she is also compassionate, charitable, humble, and self-sacrificing.

I don't like to use Badass tropes to describe my own characters, since it seems kinda conceited, but if you think Judith is a badass, then she is these tropes:

-Badass Bookworm
    -Badass Gay
    -Badass Preacher
    -Submissive Badass

... Phew! That's all I can think of, off the top of my head. I'll do more for the rest of my characters later, and I hope to see others participate!
    Sinistrari likes this.