Fenris Really Is Bullshit [Sunwell][Eevachu + WillowtheWhisp]

Discussion in 'Southern Hyrule' started by Eevachu, Oct 6, 2015.

1. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

"That's interesting. . ." Rika nodded inquisitively as he looked at Dante and Bepu's science experiment. "So the Shadow Orbs increase in intensity with several of them, we'll have to keep that in mind. . ." As Dante spoke about excavation, Rika nodded. "I'm quite curious to see what's here." With that, the trio formed a triangle, with the center-piece being an overlap of all three of their Shadow Orbs. The area was so dark it was difficult to see, but sand started to gently rise from that spot. To speed up the process, Rika waved his hand forward, a ball of wind launching forward and tearing through the sand, sending it scattering into the air and away. Rika's eyes widened as he saw what was underneath the sand. Its body was composed entirely of steel, and circuits and wiring outfitted its body. It was small, and could be likened as a mechanical Korok or Kikwi. It did not seem to move or respond, its eyes and circuits dull and lacking light. "This is. . . incredible!" Rika exclaimed as he leaped forward, grabbing the machine and falling down with it.

"Something like this is incredible, is it magic? No, wait, I don't think so, it's pure technology I think. You don't find things like this just sitting around in Hyrule, there has to be more I bet!" Rika excitedly rambled, examining the outside of the robot curiously. It certainly didn't seem to respond. As he did so though, Rika didn't notice the presence by the doorway he had landed next to. Suddenly, something jumped out threatening to attack the off-guard Kokiri.

Another mechanical beast slammed a mighty, flat piece of metal against the Kokiri, sending him back and down to the ground. "Ugh. . . what the hell. . ." Rika muttered, looking up at his would-be assailant. It was another robot, similar to the one he had found, but this one was active. Its body let off a blue glow, and it seemed to levitate off the ground. Two large, flat steel hands floated on each side of its body, connected only by strings of electricity. It did not speak any words, but it clearly assaulted Rika, that was no accident.
  2. WillowtheWhisp

WillowtheWhisp Admin admin

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    "Hey!" Dante barked out angrily, while Bepu swiftly pulled out his Seed Shooter. It was just a moment before the two were ready to take down the robot, Dante standing between it and Rika, while Bepu stood with an Ember Seed behind them. The robot didn't seem all that threatening, despite having just assaulted Rika, so Dante didn't want to immediately kill it. Unlike other things in Hyrule, it wasn't easily identifiable as a known monster, not like a Moblin or Stalfos. This could very easy be a misunderstanding. At least, that was the hope.

"Back off, and leave my friend alone. We don't mean any harm." Unexpectedly, the robot seemed to understand, if only a little, as it moved--really just hovered--back a few paces. "You okay, Rika?" Bepu squeaked out, his Seed Shooter still trained on the machine. He didn't look too much worse for wear, but appearances could be deceiving.

"Uawdfed vnasrs. Plraefd vtacsgt pmaiens." Unintelligibly garbled words spilled forth from the creature's face, though its source was not readily apparent. The hell? Dante had no idea what it had just said, though it seemed almost Hylian in origin. Perhaps an obscure dialect? Suddenly, a bright light was emanating from its eyes, and Dante jumped back a bit in surprise and a bit of worry. It appeared to be just a harmless light projection, though, as numbers were being displayed in the air. What was going on?

The light faded from its eyes after a bit, however, and its strange, metallic voice rang out again. "Calibration complete. Repeat. Unwanted visitors. Please vacate premises." It... It's guarding this place? And what does it mean by calibrate? Bepu wondered in the back. Still, he doubted any of them were about to leave: after all, things were beginning to get interesting.
  3. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

Upon seeing the robot, the Kokiri quickly dashed by Dante and towards it. "You're moving! Not like the other one, who's dead?, you're moving!" Rika joyfully exclaimed, examining the robot curiously. "No way we're gonna leave, I have so many questions!" The robot was silent for a moment, as if was scanning and analyzing the trio. ". . . Bzzt. Your make is different from mine. Confusing. Where is your circuitry? We cannot assist with tune-ups, bzzt." The robot spoke, its mood apparently changing as if it had realized something, though its tone was consistent throughout. "That's what I want to ask! What are your circuits? I-I mean why? I'm not even sure what I'm trying to ask, just what are you?!" Rika questioned frantically, as the robot began to process the information.

"Bzzt. I have determined you are not pirates. I am a Unit LD-301 robot designed to defend this oasis from pirates who may choose to land here and raid this village, bzzt." Rika glanced back at Dante and Bepu, shrugging his shoulders. "I don't know if you've looked around, but this isn't an oasis. We haven't seen any signs of life at all, actually, so I don't know if there are even any pirates. Are you in the right place?" Rika questioned, to which the robot responded, "Bzzt. I am certain. I have not exited this domain in over two-hundred years."

"Two-hundred years??" Rika questioned confusedly. That was even older than he was! While the flow of time and aging was a non-factor for Rika, and thus something he didn't often consider or worry about, the idea of sitting in the same room for two-hundred years seemed mind-numbing and dull. Was he sure he was correct? After a moment of looking around, the robot responded. "Bzzt. It appears that the ocean's water has vanished. I suppose the pirates must have stolen it, bzzt." He seemed really hung up on those pirates. But, ocean? Water? Was this some sort of ocean in the past? If that were the case, how did it become this scorching desert?

"Bzzt. You declared that you had 'so many questions'. Will you elaborate, bzzt? I shall await input." The robot inquired, floating in place and awaiting a response. Turning to Dante and Bepu, Rika shrugged at them. "I have more to ask, but do either of you have anything?"
  4. WillowtheWhisp

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    "Nothing beyond the obvious, but I'll give it a go. Where are we?" He asked of the metallic being. He didn't expect any sort of intelligible response: well, at least not one that would have meaning to any of the three of them.

"Bzzt, this is the Lanayru Province, in the kingdom of Hyrule, phweeep. Do you have any other questions, phweep?" It replied, prompting a strange look too appear on Dante and Bepu's face, akin to that of shock. What the hell? This place is Hyrule? The only desert like this was by the Eastern Caves, and it was nothing like this endless sea of sand. And, no ruins like this, nor robots, had ever seemed to exist, as far as either knew, back during their time.

"That... that can't be? How could this be Hyrule?" Dante looked terrified for a moment. "No, that begs the question, what are those portals, then? If this is Hyrule, is this the past or the future? Or something else?" Dante shook his head. The implications of this were maddening.

"Too many questions. Please only enter one query at a time, phweep." It responded to Dante's sudden assault of questions.

What happened to the sun here to cause this? Dante had never heard of anything that could cause a similar phenomenon. In fact, as far as he could tell, gravity magic didn't even exist, back on their side of the portal. Something was terribly, terribly wrong.
  5. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

"This is. . . Hyrule?" Rika questioned, his face glowing with shock. "Where exactly are we, then. . . ?" Rika questioned towards Dante and Bepu, in a state of disbelief over this. He had no reason to believe the robot was lying, and it likely had no reason to lie; the fact that it even knew what Hyrule was was indicator enough. ". . . So, if this is Hyrule, where are the Hylians?" The robot seemed to pause for a moment, before responding. "Bzzt. Please repeat the question. 'Hylians' not found, phweep." What? Hylians not found? "Hylians. . . If not Hylians, what lives- or lived- here?" The robot again paused, processing his question. "Bzzt. We did, Units 001 to 315 inhabited this land, fzzt. Alongside us were various flora and fauna, though they do not seem to be here anymore, phweep." This confused Rika even further.

"Huh. . .? If you're the only ones here, then. . . who created you?" The Kokiri inquired. He was certainly interested now, if extremely confused. "Units 192 to 204 are primarily responsible for the creation of other robots, phweep."

"So. . . does that mean there aren't any living beings here? Or maybe they died out long ago due to this climate, and the robots are the only ones remaining as they can survive in it. . . " The robot let out a beep as Rika said this. "Beep. Your query is affirmative. There are no other beings here except us, bzzt." Rika stopped to think for a moment, if there was anything else he had to ask. Suddenly, something popped in his mind. "There wouldn't happen to be anything extremely desirable around here, would there?" The robot buzzed over it before responding, "Bzzt, there is a wonderful oil well, bzzt." Rika sighed. More than likely that wasn't what the hordes of monsters were after. "I see. . . Would you mind if we look around a bit? I'm curious about this place."

The robot seemed to consider it for a moment. "Very well, phweep. If you encounter any pirates, please relay their location to me and I shall exterminate them, bzzt." The Kokiri kind of rubbed the back of his head and chuckled at that. "Haha yeah, we will. . ." He trailed off. Rika wasn't really sure what these pirates he spoke of were, if they even still existed, but they could likely do a better job of disposing of them than him anyway. Looking over at Dante and Bepu, Rika proposed a suggestion. "This place isn't that big, but it would probably be most productive if we split up. We can regroup here after we've looked around. Don't forget to look under the sand!" Rika called out as he darted off, eager to investigate the remaining parts of the town.
  6. WillowtheWhisp

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    "Got it! Meet back in an hour!" Dante yelled, as he ran off, in his own direction as well.

That left, of course, Bepu here, alone in the sand. Well, not technically alone, he supposed, since the robot was there with him. Which reminded him, did it even have a name? "What's your name?" he asked. He would have addressed it as sir, or lady, but it had no discernible anatomy that he could tell. At least, not one that was indicative of gender, or anything analogous to it.

"Beep. I am Unit 15, of the LD-301 Series, fzzt." Bepu wasn't entirely sure if that qualified as a response. At the very least, it was likely that the thing was normally addressed by its unit number, but that wasn't really a name.

"I think I'll call you Al. Short for Alloy." Bepu replied, scratching at his head. Of all the things he'd expected to find on this side of the portal this... this was the least likely. Al seemed to be contemplating this, its eyes blinking on and off.

Al nodded, though it took practically his entire body to do so. "Confirmed, bzzt. I shall now respond to the name Al, or the name Alloy, bzzt."

"Well, then, Al, I think I have more questions for you, but why don't you show me to that oil well..." Al blinked and nodded, before beginning to hover off, with Bepu trailing behind him.

----

Meanwhile, Dante had found himself what appeared to be a home. Well, that's what he hoped it was, but considering he could only see the very top of the roof, he wasn't entirely sure. After some digging, he'd managed to expose a window that was broken, though he couldn't see very well through it: sand was trickling through. The house itself appeared to be of similar make to those he'd seen back on their version of Hyrule. That is to say, it was primarily wood. The shingles were stone, which made sense, but the wood was beginning to worry him. If the sun had such a profound effect on his own body, the instant he no longer covered the wood in shadow, it would begin to burn. But, still, that gave him a good frame of reference. Whatever had happened to the sun, here, it was likely that it had happened after this house had been covered in sand. That was the only way things made sense, else it would have been burned and crushed into oblivion already.

But how was he going to get into that house? This was going to prove tricky. He looked about for any solutions, but, of course, there was nothing but sand. Damn. Guess he'd have to come back later, if he thought of anything, but for now, he decided to move onto the next exposed piece of ruins. Best not to waste time.
  7. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

As Rika split off from Dante and Boris, he made his way towards a house of his own. The first one he came across, the entire wall and ceiling were missing, so the inside was coated entirely with sand. "Maybe I'll come back to that one. . . " Rika commented as he kept walking. Since the sun shone directly down on the sand, it would be difficult to clear out and examine the insides by himself. Perhaps later when they regrouped it would be something worth looking at. As he continued, he came across another house which was seemingly in one state; no missing walls and a ceiling over its head, though the windows were blocked by layers of caked on sand. Walking up to the sealed door, Rika called out. "Um, is anyone home?" Then he stopped himself. "Wait of course no one's home if there's just robots. Would he get mad if I 'let' myself in. . . ?" Rika questioned as he gave a good push of the door. It wouldn't open on its own, though it was likely old enough that he could force himself in.

"Well, I'll just apologize later." He decided as he held his palm forward. With a quick burst of wind, the door was torn apart, a gaping hole now resting in its center. "That's big enough to get in. . . " Rika questioned as he stepped into the door. At least, he would have liked to, but as soon as he stepped into the darkness inside, he found his legs floating. The Kokiri was barely able to catch himself and stop his upper body from slamming into the ground. "Right, I forgot about that. . ." He complained, as he pulled himself into the room. Once in, he deactivated his Shadow Orb which was currently useless, and with a snap of his fingers, a small, wisp-y purple flame flickered into existence, a burning orb of fire hovering above his fingers. Grabbing the ball, Rika felt his body sink to a normal level; the flame was bring enough to let him see, but not enough that he felt extremely weighed down, though he did feel a little sluggish.

Holding the flame up to examine what was nearby, Rika immediately found what he was interested in; a bookshelf. It seemed as though numerous books lined its shelves. "Jackpot!" Rika exclaimed, moving over to examine them. Who knew what sort of knowledge he could learn from these texts; more about this world, or anything, it was completely undiscovered information and he would be the first to read it. The thought excited him, though he hesitated as he reached out to grab them. What if they were in some undecipherable language like what the robot from before spoke? That would be severely disappointing. He had to push such thoughts aside as he reached to grab a book. Slowly sliding out a book, he went to open it, only for the pages to crumble to dust in front of him. The Kokiri stared blankly at the dust covered cover in his hands for a moment before violently flinging it to the ground, shouting, "Damn it!"

Taking a moment to re-cooperate, he told himself it didn't mean they'd all be like this, surely there was something to learn here. As he went to investigate, Rika didn't see what was about to launch a sneak attack from behind him.
  8. WillowtheWhisp

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    This second building appeared much more promising. It was, or seemed to be, entirely made of stone. The height difference between this, and the last house, interested him. Had the landscape of this place been vastly different before? It would make sense if this were a formerly hilly region, so perhaps this wasn't a desert before at all? That would make logical sense, as the incredible heat and gravity would likely more than enough to turn any place desertous. Climbing in through a hole, Dante found himself in complete darkness, and surrounded by a strange sensation of floatiness. He'd already experienced this when he and Bepu'd had his experience, though, so it came as little surprise. With the little bit of light leaking in, he searched about for a suitable piece of wood, before lighting it with his flint and steel. It lit easily, the wood, which appeared to be a leg from a chair, bone dry.

Immediately, dust and sand settled to the ground, exposed to new light. Waving his makeshift torch about, its light shimmering off the fine sand that had made it into the building, Dante found himself in awe. The stone of this building was impossibly smooth: clearly made by the hands of intensely skilled craftsman. Perhaps they hadn't asked the right question of the robot. Such a thing seemed to have no need to eat, and had a hardy exterior, so what need could they have, for a building such as this? The only logical answer was that something had lived here. But if not Hylians, what? Or had the robot merely misinterpreted their question, and had only told them what the current state of living beings was, here in this twisted place? Dante made a mental note to ask him about it.

Other things confirmed his suspicion. Tables, a hearth, what appeared to be plates and cups made of worked porcelain. But, if things had lived here before, surely there might be remains of them? He began gingerly open and search every cupboard, nook, and cranny within the floor.

----

The oil well, thankfully, seemed to be housed in a rather large facility. They hadn't seen it from the outside, as the entire building was covered in sand, but apparently the building it had emerged from was merely the entrance, which led to a greater structure that went deep into the sand. But Bepu was astonished. He had never seen such technology in his life. Technology was something that certainly existed, certainly, but nothing to this extend. With great, pumping motions, a giant machine oscillated using magical energy, drawing up the oil from a ground. It was storing it via some manner of assembly line, filling great drums of metal. What was it all being used for, though?

"Alloy, what is the purpose of this place?"

"Fzzt, this is one of many oil cultivation facilities in the area. The oil is necessary to power other operations, and is commonly used to generate electricity, as well as in an engine to store the combustion energy into arcane batteries, phweep. Oil is also a nutritious and delicious snack, bzzt."

Dante and Rika will need to know about that... Oil was sometimes used as a crude fuel, but it wasn't cultivated to such an extent, nor was it being used to generate electricity.
  9. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

Rika's bunny ears tensed up as he heard the sound of something behind him, a low groan, but it was too late. As he spun around, he was tackled to the ground. The tackle itself wasn't particularly powerful, but whatever had tackled him appeared to be dropping onto him, and that alongside his unpreparedness to be tackled brought him to the ground. He was met face to face with a horrible abomination; it was vaguely humanoid in shape, but it was hard to tell whether it was a Hylian or something else entirely. Filthy, rotted skin rest over its body, a gaping jaw ready to bite down. It wore torn, tattered clothing, if you could even call it that anymore, and seemed to be missing an arm as it grabbed onto Rika with a single arm.

"Shit!" Rika exclaimed as the undead monster attempted to bite down onto his shoulder. Its bite was not incredibly powerful, but he wouldn't sit there and allow it. Scrambling to get his arm out from under him, Rika smashed the Will-o-Wisp he was gripping into its head. The creature released its grip and let out a howl, clenching at its head with its one arm as it stumbled off of Rika. Quickly withdrawing his scythe, the Kokiri lunged at the creature with a wide swipe, tearing its head- and hand- clean off. The body fell limp and motionless to the ground. Holding the Will-o-Wisp up, Rika examined the room to make sure there wasn't anything else hiding. "I guess I should have done this first. . ." He commented as he looked, confirming that there was nothing else there. He didn't exactly expect there to be anything at all that was alive, though that had yet to be proven with this thing.

With that confirmed, Rika turned back to the body he had decapitated. It was large, about the height of an adult Hylian, though it was sickly thin as if it hadn't eaten in centuries. "That's probably true. . ." Rika thought to himself as he looked at its detached head. It was difficult to identify it; it had no hair, its eye sockets and nose were narrow and sunken in, and it virtually had no lips. While he couldn't place it to any other race than Hylian, it certainly didn't seem like a living human. Rika shook his head as he thought, discarding what he was thinking. The robot said this was Hyrule, but he did not know what a Hylian was. So, the assumption that Hylians exist- or existed- at all in this place could be innately flawed. This could very well be some different race entirely that succumb to becoming the walking dead. Looking down at its body, Rika examined its clothes. They were torn and old, but seemed mostly in tact, so long as he didn't try to remove them. They appeared to be thin and loose-fitting, revealing his now-sickening upper body and stomach, something you would expect to wear in a more tropical environment. "Perhaps this was an ocean, like the robot said. . . How did it come to this, then, if that was true?" Rika questioned as he turned back to the bookshelf. He would just have to keep examining the books and rest of the room, and hope one of them was legible.

If Hylians didn't exist here, what of other races? What of the Kokiri, or the Great Deku Tree? Though he didn't like them, the idea that his kind- his family, to a certain extent- do not and possibly have never existed was a morbid and somewhat terrifying thought. Rika decided to discard that thought for now, as it would do no good to mull over it.
  10. WillowtheWhisp

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    Bepu doubted the veracity of that last statement. Well, at least for creatures such as himself: maybe crude oil was something the robots enjoyed? Well, whatever.

"These other operations... Can you show us where they are?" Bepu asked hesitantly. This was a loose lead, but they had to follow the trail of crumbs somewhere.

"Fzzt. Negative. Unit 15 has been assigned to this facility, and is unable to leave, phweep. However, I can provide you with a map of this province, containing the location of each major facility, beep." With that, Alloy sped off, hovering off to who knows where. However, he returned shortly, unfurling a large pamphlet and spreading over a nearby table. He waited expectantly for Bepu to approach, and began to speak once he did.

"Bzzt, our current location is here," he pointed at a small dot on the map, "with global coordinates 39.7392 North, and 104.9903 West. Each other location has been marked with a corresponding coordinate pair, fzzt." Alloy explained.

Amazing. So many. What could they all be? But.... Looking at the map, it was clear that there was a purpose to their placement. They were all placed in relation to once central location: though it was far away, since they were on the very edge of the province, it was likely that this was their destination. If ever there was to be something of power, here in this place, it would be there, Bepu could feel it. He pointed a finger at the dot. "What is here?"

"That is the location of the gate, phweep. However, the operations there have ceased, as no unit is stationed there, fzzt. Should you desire to return power to the facility, the power provided from the oil well facilities, beep," he motioned towards three other points on the map, then the point for the facility within which they stood, "will be required. Phweep, physical transport will not be necessary, as these facilities are connected to the central hub." Beyond the last bit, Bepu thought he understood their current situation. They'd need to visit three other places, in order to restore the power to that main facility. He was suddenly glad he had packed food for the trip.

-------Wollo's Wild Spaghet© Western-------

The guard sighed. How had he, of all people, been stuck with this job. It was all well and good that some adventurers had come to try to rid them of the portal, but why in Goddess' name had they brought an Octorok. No, this was the final straw. After this, he was going to put in his resignation, move back out home, and tend to some cows. At least they didn't constantly talk to him, or say please. It was just weird.
  11. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

Brushing his hand over the brittle parchment of the couple books, Rika sighed, disappointed. All of the books he had checked crumbled away, not able to withstand the apparent test of time. He tried to handle them with as much care as he could, but it was no use; the paper simply didn't survive. Just as Rika was ready to give up and not even examine the final books, he noticed something interesting; the book at the very bottom-end was not like the others. Unlike the thin parchment of the others, this one seemed far thicker. Somewhat eagerly, Rika withdrew the book and slowly opened it to look, but his face fell into a frown as he did. Not because the book broke apart like the others; in fact, it was still very much together. "Agh, I can't read this!" He whined as he glanced down at the unintelligible text below him. He could recognize it; it was ancient Hylian text, and though he knew knew a certain degree of its vocabulary and characters, this was nothing like what he knew. Perhaps it was even older than the language he knew, or. . . Pondering on it for a moment, Rika nodded to him. It was possible that language and culture developed differently in this land, especially if Hylians- at least as they knew them- did not exist. It would be worth taking this to the robot and having him translate, if only to learn more.

Standing up with the book in his arm, Rika began to examine the rest of the room. Small pots, the remains of a table, counter-tops, it seemed like the home of a family. But, what kind of family, is what Rika wondered. It didn't seem like there was much else to be found in this house, so Rika decided to leave and explore other areas.

Meanwhile, in Wollo's Wild Eastern Caves. . .

It had only been about twenty minutes since Rika left, but Wollo was already feeling uncomfortable. He thought the guard people were nice guys, but this man seemed scary, like he was ready to eat Wollo. Speaking of eating, Wollo was hungry. Looking around, the Octorok saw a small bag resting open, and in it he could see potatoes. The Octorok looked over at the guard, and said. . . "Uhh. . . potatoes. . ." Though the guard could of course not understand him. Upon not being told not to, Wollo began to walk over to the sack. Just before he stuck his head in, he paused, Rika's words flashing in his mind like the little devil on his shoulder. "Mind your manners, Wollo!" He heard the Kokiri's voice echo in his mind. "Uhh. . . please. . . " The Octorok called out. Satisfied with his manners, he stuck his head into the bag to grab a potato.
  12. WillowtheWhisp

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    Dante had found nothing in the room. An entire, floor, really. Any clothes or food that had once been here was long gone, either taken or crumbled away to dust. However, he did manage to find a strongbox full of jewelry. Why aren't these gone? If not the family itself, surely bandits would... And yet, here they were, interspersed with an umber of rupees. He held one of the small gems closer to his torch, inspecting it. It was, as far as he could tell, exactly the same as his own, currently resting in a pouch. So they used the same currency, at least. He pocketed the gems, though there were only a few. Well, it was about time he made down into the floor below: clearly the home had a basement, if the stairs leading down were an indication of anything.

He walked down those stone steps, waving his torch about to force the errant sand to settle back to the ground. His tiny feet crunched over the particles, so he kept his free hand on the banister, just in case he slipped. There was no being too careful, in a place as old as this. Even if the stairs seemed sturdy, it was always best to treat them as if they could give out at any moment. Still, Dante made it down without event, and he raised his torch to try to illuminate as much of the room as possible. There, a blur behind a doorway at the very edge of his light, something had moved. The hell? I thought everything here was supposed to be dead or gone? Dante realized their mistake in just a moment, as rotting hand shot out from the darkness, a Redead hurling itself at him. The strange gravity here allowed it to move faster than it otherwise might, one pace throwing it full-body at the tiny Deku. He sucked in a sharp breath, as he jumped back, up a few steps on the stairs. The undead collided with the wall just before him, right as his blade left its sheath with a Snck!

It swiped at him, but Dante took another step back, moving out of its reach. Shit, can't move in such a narrow space. Even with his small size, he usually needed a lot more space to fight on equal footing with other creatures. But he didn't want to risk tripping over himself, moving backwards on the stairs. All that was left was to keep moving forward. The Redead was moving slower, now that it was closer to the light-source, something which he was about to take advantage of. Leaning back as another hand clawed the air before him, he righted himself and spat out a Deku Nut, the tiny projectile exploding on the ground behind the Redead. He braced himself.

In a bright flash, Dante was nearly brought to his knees, but he'd closed his eyes. The very moment his weight returned normalcy, he opened his eyes, lunging downward at the floored Redead. It had been forced to the ground by the sudden change in light, and was only just beginning to push back off the ground as Dante's Kukri hacked into its skull. It fell the ground, returning the body to what it truly should have been before. Dead.

"Hey, what are you doing!" The guard, Hod, jumped up from his chair to run over to the Octorok who had wandered into a nearby bag. "Those aren't for you, Octorok! Bad, very ba---!" He yelled out, pointing his finger at the thing, but he was quickly interrupted by a nearby explosion. Another battle had begun, and he looked around, hoping to find the source. For the moment, it seemed, Wollo and the potatoes were forgotten.
  13. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

Rika sighed disappointedly as he continued his search. He had searched the next two houses, which were much easier to get into, but there wasn't anything of particular note there, it was the same as the last house; pots, tables, dust, dust books, and sand. As he stomped around looking for something to do, Rika came across something interesting; a building that essentially crept up on him. It was far larger than the other buildings, but from a distance it simply appeared to be one, large hill of sand. Upon closer inspection, that didn't seem to be the case, as there was a door on the relatively sand-free side of the wall leading down. As the Kokiri curiously approached, the door automatically slid open, causing an alarming response from the Kokiri. This was so cool, was all he could think. Taking a peek inside, the inside was sleek and clean of any sand or deformities, far from how the other buildings were structured.

It was surprisingly well-lit, though not by flame and torch like one might expect; was this magic, or some strange new technology similar to the robots? As he stepped further inside, Rika came across a stairway leading downward. In front of the stairway hovered another robot. It was somewhat similar to Unit 301, with large, floating hands, but its body size was a bit wider, and it hovered closer to the ground. As the Kokiri approached, it let out a jittering noise. "Uwaihfulnk elorsnbim. Ptuhi ihfulnk ymivornab." It was just like Unit 301. "I don't understand you. . .does anyone?" Rika asked himself as he responded, and the robot seemed to pause for a moment. "Calibration complete, bzzt. Repeat. Unidentified entry. Please identify yourself, zoop." It responded, this time in a language the Kokiri could understand. "I. . . see." He responded, still not sure what to make of their strange language from before. "Well, I'm Rika. What is this place?" The robot analyzed Rika for a moment before responding, "Confirmed, bzzt. Individual recognized as 'Rika', phweep. Analysis indicates a 0.05463% chance of individual 'Rika' being a pirate. Dispatch of Unit 301s is not necessary."

Rika nodded, intrigued as he spoke, learning from what he said. The robots words taught Rika a few key things; first, that these robots didn't seem to like these 'pirates'. Secondly, that it was likely the job of Unit 301's to defend against pirates, and they were likely combat robots designed for that purpose. Thirdly, this robot was likely not a Unit 301, which meant one thing; he was a new, different type of robot. Perhaps he would have different information from Unit 301.

Meanwhile, in Wollo's Wild Eastern caves. . .

As Wollo heard the guard call out about his potatoes, the Octorok froze. Oh no, he really was going to get eaten, over a potato. That was all Wollo wanted, was a potato. Why couldn't he have at least been eaten over something he enjoyed more, like a mushroom? That would be the way Wollo would have wanted to go, but not like this. Suddenly, as Wollo feared his inevitable fate, he heard an explosion ring out throughout the caverns. Terrified, Wollo climbed further into the potato bag to hide.
  14. WillowtheWhisp

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    Dante swiped his blade to the side, flinging brain matter and gore from it, before wiping it against the tattered clothes on the Redead and re-sheathing it. Well, that had been interesting. Upon closer inspection, it's physiology looked to be similar to that of an adult Hylian's, though its ears weren't pointed. If shape were any indication of anything, its close shoulders and wide hip indicated a former female. How old had the thing been in here? He moved his face closer, trying to block out the stench. Its skin was dried and desiccated: while it had been trapped down here, in the shadows, the bone dry air had effectively mummified the corpse. He poked at the skin, which flaked off slightly, indicating its lack of moisture. Dante was no paleontologist, but it would have taken a long, long time for a body to reach a state such as this. If the robot before hadn't left his enclosure in two hundred years, it was possible the body dated to then, or even far past that. How long has this place been in this condition?

That aligned well with what he'd found thus far, though. The jewelry was tarnished, and nearly falling apart from oxidation, from what he observed. The wood, by and large, was hard as bone, and some pieces were even bordering on becoming fossilized. Deciding to investigate further, he hopped over the body on the staircase, and continued into the lower level.

--------------------

Even with his Pegasus seeds, Bepu doubted he could make it to all three facilities within a week's time. They didn't have that kind of time to waste, not with the battle raging on outside of the portal. They needed a better means of travel. Deciding to try his luck, he turned to Alloy. "Al, do you have any vehicles in this facility that we might use to travel to these other places?" He tried not to get his hopes up too high, lest they be dashed.

"Beep, negative, there are no means of transport within this building. However," a tiny red laser shot out from one of his eyes, burning a small circle on the surface of the map, "the nearest transport hub is here, phweep. You may be able to find assistance there. Bzzt." Alloy blinked, turning off the laser. "You will need fuel to power these vehicles however, fzzt. As the overseer of Power Facility #4, I have the authority to issue standard power batteries to any citizen that does not possess one. Scanning... No crystals detected. Checking database... No visual match of current user in database... Making new entry, beep. Please provide name and fluid sample for registry, phweep." Allow held out his hand expectantly, a tiny tray extending, presumably for the "fluid".

Huh. Things just kept getting weirder and weirder. Sticking a hand in his mouth, he pulled out some sticky sap-saliva, and wiped it on the tray. "Bepu." He said, shortly, unsure if he was allowed to even say anything else.

"Registering.... Registration complete, bzzt. Please follow me for issuance of power crystal and license." Bepu collected the map, before following the robot to its next destination.

Hod ran a few paces, looking about him, before quickly drawing his sword. He looked about frantically, having lost track of Wollo. Where the hell did that creature go? Oh, hell, can't worry about that now.... A moblin had apparently made it quite close, and was slowly approaching him with a club. He parried the crude weapon and responded with a thrust, but the Moblin staggered back, avoiding being skewered. He bore down his weight in a second strike, this time Hod's sword lodging deep within the wood and being torn from his grasp. "Shit!" He cursed, before a second moblin struck a blow to his head with a second club. Bleeding from his head, he went down, though it seemed he might be still alive, merely dazed by the blow. The two moblins wasted no time, tying him up and beginning to drag him off, all within sight of Wollo.
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
  15. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

"So uh. . . where are we, then?" Rika asked the robot curiously, looking around at the slick, somewhat uncomforting steel walls. "Bzzt. Please provide fluid sample, phweep." The robot beeped, holding his hand out expectantly and causing Rika to look at him with a bit of annoyance. Why couldn't he just answer the question? Rika spit in the robot's hand, and it slowly processed the information. "Bzzt. . . Registering. . . Registration complete. I am a Unit LM-206 model, designed to assist in the creation and repair of other units. This facility is a location that exists for that purpose, phweep." The robot finally answered, as if the information was classified unless they were in the robot's records. "I see. . . can I look around?" Rika questioned, to which the robot beeped, "Very well, fzzt. I shall give you the, phweep, tour." It hovered down the stairway behind it, and waited at the bottom for Rika to follow. With nothing else to do, the Kokiri followed behind.

What was down there astonished the Kokiri. Machinery and metal zapping against one another, moving conveyor belts bringing robots to different sections, where various other robots zapped, melted, and merged different parts and circuits of robots, performing all kinds of different works. It was a busy and bustling business, as robots went from one direction to the other, scattered all over the place. "You said this is a. . . repair place?" Rika questioned, his mouth agape with what he was witnessing. This was absolutely incredible! "That is affirmative, zoop. Do you require maintenance, phweep?" The robot asked. Rika was almost curious enough to say yes, just to see the process by which they repaired one another. "I think I'm okay," He finally responded, recognizing the danger that would pose by what he saw, before adding, "I have a question. Have you heard of Hylians?" The robot paused for a moment, letting out its audio as it thought. "Processing, bzzt. . . Searching database. . . 'Hylians' not found, bzzt." Rika slowly nodded, confirming his suspicions, before responding, "Then, what about Kokiri?" He was almost afraid to ask, but the words escaped his lips. The robot processed his query, repeating the same information as before, before responding, "'Kokiri' not found, bzzt. What are 'Kokiri'?" It inquired. Rika couldn't help but frown. "Like, like me! Is there anyone like me?" He asked, his voice growing concerned and worried. Wait, why was he concerned? Regardless of his feelings toward Kokiri, this was some sort of strange dimension where he didn't know any of the Kokiri, what did it matter if they existed here or not? That was the logical line of thinking, but it didn't stop Rika's fears.

"Fzzt, I understand. Storing 'Kokiri' in database. . . Reference: individual 'Rika', phweep. Scanning for identical references. . . scanning. . . scanning. . . bzzt. . ." The robot chanted as it performed its duties. Rika couldn't help but stare in nervous anticipation.

Meanwhile, in Wollo's Wild Eastern Caves. . .

Wollo couldn't help but watch as the Moblins did their work. He would have loved to help, but the Octorok would of no assistance against the hairy pig men, he would just become their midnight snack. If Rika was here, they would have already been beaten by now! But he wasn't, so what was Wollo to do? . . . If that guard was with him, he was Wollo's friend, right? Even if Wollo tried to eat his potatoes, he did not eat Wollo, and instead trying to valiantly protect Wollo against the evil pig demons that assaulted them. If there was one thing Wollo liked, it was his friends. If he couldn't protect his friends when no one else could, what could Wollo do? His body shaking and his legs trembling, Wollo slowly crawled out of the potato sack as the two Moblin began dragging the guard away. He couldn't fight, but maybe if he followed them he could find help.
  16. WillowtheWhisp

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    Well, this was quite uncomfortable. Bepu had been stripped of all of his clothing and belongings, and had been momentarily been stuck on a strange belt, that was moving him through a series of things. Of course, it wasn't strange to not be wearing anything, since Koroks did that all the time anyways, but he couldn't shake the feeling that every nook at cranny on his body was being... analyzed, for lack of a better word. Or, at least, that was what the lights flashing over him, the constant tugging and poking, and the incessant scrubbing indicated to him.

"Are we almost done, yet?!" He yelled out to Alloy, who was on the other side of a glass window, hovering along in observance.

"Affirmative. Registration process is nearly complete, fzzt. Entering 'Bepu' into database, along with unique physiology, phweep." He responded from the other side, though he voice had an even more raspy tone to it, and boomed down from somewhere within the room. Bepu looked around, but couldn't locate the source. Ugh. Maybe I shouldn't have asked too many questions. He thought to himself, as a scrubber rubbed abrasively against his face. The machine dowsed him with hot water, causing him to shudder reflexively as hot air then was blasted down on him. But as soon as it began, it was over, a loud chime ringing out.

Bepu stepped down from the machine, feeling quite exhausted. Who the hell had even thought this was a good idea? He rubbed at his face with both hands. Wobbling over to the exit of the room, he found his belongings in a neat pile, waiting for him, along with Alloy. I hope this was worth it... He couldn't help but think to himself, looking at the robot suspiciously.

"Beep, foreigner Bepu has completed all requirements to receive his license and power crystal. Now dispensing, bzzt." Alloy held out both a tiny card, made of thick paper and holding both Bepu's portrait, and some intricate seal, as well as a small hexagonal crystal. It was green, though not quite emerald, and it glowed with inner energy. Bepu took both, secreting them away into his many pockets.

------------

Dante was stunned by his find. Here, in one of the rooms, he had found a collection of pictographs, and though faded, they had been kept in some manner of translucent bag, that had apparently kept them out of the clutches of time. He hadn't suspected this possibility, though he would soon discover that it was one that Rika had thought of. From the pictographs, if they were indeed of the surrounding area, Dante had come to the realization that this entire area had been surrounded by water. In fact, these very ruins were placed on what had once been an island. Nothing yet, so far, indicated what had happened here, but this was an important find. He folded it up gingerly and placed the collection of images into a small satchel at his side. Rika would want to see these. The house cleared out, he began to make his way back towards their meeting spot.
  17. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

Its search came to an end as the robot let out a resounding beep, signaling that it had reached some sort of conclusion. "Bzzt. . . Matching reference found. . . bzzt. . . 86.6547% identical physical make-up, phweep." The robot responded, causing Rika's eyes to light up in surprise. Does that mean there were Kokiri?! As the robot finished, a small compartment opened up where its 'mouth' would be, and a light flickered on before projecting a three-dimensional hologram in front of it. Rika's eyes slowly sank as he examined the rotating figure in front of him; a tall, humanoid figure, not unlike Kokiri, but more similar to a Hylian. While it was somewhat familiar to him, it would be impossible to mistake this creature for a Kokiri. "No, that's not it. . . " Rika mumbled disappointedly. The robot beeped back, "Bzzt, I see. Then, what is it, pwheep?" The Kokiri went to speak, starting, "That's a Hy. . . " but his voice trailed off as he noticed a peculiar detail about the figure. While it seemed quite reminiscent of a Hylian, it had smaller, rounded ears, compared to the noticeably large and pointed ears of a Hylian. "I'm. . . not quite sure, actually. It's similar to both a Kokiri and Hylian, but it's not either." Rika kind of trailed off as he finished, but the robot didn't seem to notice or mind. "Bzzt, I see. Updating relevant references. . . Updated, phweep." The robot responded.

"Say, there's something I've been wondering." Rika called out as he left his mini-trance, turning back to face the robot. "Yes? What is your query, zoop?" It called back, awaiting patiently for data. "What are these pirates that have been mentioned? Do they even exist anymore? It doesn't seem like there's any sign of life." Rika questioned. "Bzzt. The pirates are a threat to all others," the robot answered. "they threaten to seize control of all land and possessions, phweep, along with our factories, fzzt. Sailing from island to island has also become perilous due to them, bzzt." Rika paused for a moment as the robot said this. "You. . . know there's no ocean left, right?" The robot seemed to process the question before responding, "Yes, that does make sailing quite difficult as well."

Rika thought about it for a moment. That meant there was life still in this desolate land, right? Though, the likelihood the pirates were still alive seemed slim. "When was the last time you saw the pirates?"

"Bzzt. It has been some time, phweep. They must be planning their next assault very carefully, it has been at least three centuries since they have last attacked." Three centuries? They likely weren't alive anymore, then, or at least weren't able to leave the confines of their building. "I see. . . well, it's about time for me to regroup with the others, so I'll be leaving." Rika called to the robot as he began walking towards the way he had entered. "I see, bzzt. Please visit in the future if you should require any repairs, phweep." The robot called out as Rika exited. Once they compiled their info, perhaps they would learn more about this place and what they needed to be doing.
  18. WillowtheWhisp

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    It wasn't long before both Bepu and Dante were back at their rendezvous point, though there was a distinct lack of Rika. "He's fine, probably just found something interesting." Dante explained to his fellow. Rika was more than capable, so if he'd run into any danger, he might be a little delayed, but that was likely to be it. While they waited for their Kokiri companion, the two decided to commiserate on their findings. Bepu unfurled his new map onto the sand, where the two bent over it, trying to make sense of the topography.

One thing was readily apparent. Even on just looking around, much of the area's elevations and landmarks had changed. In fact, upon consulting the back of the map, which had descriptions of points of interest, they found that effectively all of the information was outdated. Or, at least in this area of the province. "We're going to have to rely on the coordinates alone, then... I am fairly good at navigation, but this could be difficult." Bepu mused. Perhaps it had been a mistake to tell Alloy to return to its duties: the robot might have had valuable insight as to how they might find the other facilities...

Hod woke with a start, though his breath was immediately caught short as some cloth material was sucked into his mouth. From the feel of things, his head had been bagged, while both his legs and hands had been tied together. He winced at the throbbing pain on his head: it took a few moments of strained concentration, but he finally remembered what had happened. The Moblins, they'd ambushed him and dragged him off somewhere. But where? Judging from the ground beneath him, cold hard stone, and the damp, cloying air, he guessed he was in some manner of cave. But why had they taken him alive... did they mean to interrogate him? He grit his teeth. Never should have left the farm.
  19. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

"Ah, guys! You're here!" Rika called out as he ran towards Dante and Bepu, who were already reconvening. "I found some great stuff!" He spoke as he approached, his voice full of excitement. Upon reaching them, Rika immediately began. "So, I've learned a lot about this place and its inhabitants. Firstly," He spoke, glancing around for Ally before realizing he wasn't there. "what that robot said was true. This place used to be a wide ocean of some sort, with islands on it, which is what we are on now. I'm not sure what quite happened to cause it to morph into its current state, however. Which brings me to my second point. This world, I think it is flawed for us to think of it as if it were the Hyrule we know; while I have noticed similarities, I believe it must be some sort of different world entirely. The reason I think this is, after doing research and speaking with another one of the Units- by the way, I found a repair laboratory-, I learned that there don't seem to be any Kokiri or Hylians here. There is some other species, identical to Hylians, but they are not quite the same. I also found this book," Rika paused, withdrawing the book to show, "that appears to be written in Ancient Hylian text; however, the characters and grammar, although reminiscent of Ancient Hylian text, seem different from the text we know. I was going to have that Unit guy read it, where did he go?" Rika questioned, but it didn't stop him from finishing.

"Which leads me to my last point. I found an undead humanoid in one of the houses and it seemed like it hadn't moved for ages, but its clothing appeared fit for the past tropical environment. Because of this and the fact that the current units seem to have difficulty recognizing them, I believed these variant Hylians lived here long, long ago, before these units did. However, I don't think there's any sort of living creatures left in this world, if the rest of it is like this desert, which means that the pirates they fear are likely long dead." Rika finished, letting out a deep breath of air as he finished his analysis. "Then, what did you two find?" He added onto the end, waiting expectantly to see his theories expanded on or proven by their investigations.
  20. WillowtheWhisp

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    "Found a Redead, myself." Dante replied. "I concur with your thoughts on the matter, that they must have been living in some manner of archipelago. Found some evidence of that, too." He held the bag out to Rika, knowing full well that the Kokiri would want to investigate the pictographs. "Careful, though. I have a feeling that when the bag opens, the pictographs might become quite brittle in the dry air." He looked over at Bepu, expecting him to explain his part to Rika.

"I found something, too. Alloy--the first creature that greeted us--took me on a tour of his facility. Apparently, it's designed to store energy in the form of these crystals." He held up his tiny, glowing crystal at that statement, clearly humming with magic. "These power crystals seem to be able to power all manner of devices, but most importantly vehicles. One should be nearby." He pointed at the map he'd laid out on the ground. "Moreover, there is some kind of 'gate' located here, powered by four different facilities. However, three of them are currently offline, hence the need for a vehicle."