Fcgfyv vs. Quill

Discussion in 'Battle Arena' started by Quill, Jun 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

The pain from his leg blotted everything out of Loft's mind, everything but the final drive to plunge his dagger into his opponent's heart. This he did, and with great satisfaction. He felt the hot liquid pour down his leg and fall onto the ground, and he realized that he couldn't feel his foot, shin, or calf at all. There was nothing but the pain, and-

Snick.

The world seemed to freeze. Loft felt something cold pass underneath his chin, then felt waves of heat flow down his chest. He let go of his dagger, fingers drenched in that same heat, and looked down. Red was staining the tops of his tunic and running down his chest. That... that was not good. He held up a hand and felt his throat. The heat was strongest there. He tried to say something, but all that came out was a gurgle. He felt many things in his last moments: pain, obviously, because he was bleeding in a lot of places; anger at being forced to bleed in those places; and irritation. Why did these things always have to end in his painful death? Couldn't he finish just once with a smile on his face? He'd really thought that he'd make it this time....
  2. Fcgfyv

Fcgfyv Knight of Mind reg

Slink's arm held its place on the dagger before he let go. He was too weak. He felt Loft fall of of him, and he knew it was over. The world began to spin around, and his chest felt warm. Slink finally opened his eyes to the sun stroking the sky with its brush in a brilliant painting. He didn't bother to look at his wound, because a sunrise was the last thing he wanted to see when he died. He couldn't hear anymore, and the crowd had become virtually non-existant to Slink.

Slink took a breath in, relieved to somehow still be breathing. But it needed to be short lived. "Time to join your parents, Loft." Slink mumbled. Death slowly moved over Slink and closed his eyelids. "Its time that I join-" His sentence was cut short when words were replaced with blood. It sputtered out of his mouth like a fountain, and Slink went numb and limp. No regrets... No fear...
  3. Arena Lord

Arena Lord Supreme Judge of the Battle Arena

A rather garishly dressed Wizzrobe descended from the Arena bleachers, gently floating to the ground as he clapped slowly, mockingly almost. "An entertaining show, the end to which I am most amused. This is a scene befitting a tragic play, two warriors striking each other down with their last breaths..." He knelt down beside Lofts body, his beady eyes looking at the quickly paling face. "Alas, I must choose a victor from the two of you, as mandated by my Lord." He sighed, straightening. Falling backwards upon a suddenly materialized, and floating sofa, the wizzrobe stretched his arms languidly. With a swish of his finger, both bodies were once again standing, their consciousness and souls returned. They hung low in the air, as if puppets held up only by strings.

"You." A gold-tipped finger jabbed at Loft. "Of the two, I found you the most entertaining. Congratulations for entertaining me with your death, Loft. Perhaps you will have the pleasure of doing so again, for me." He concluded, before disappearing in a cloud of smoke.

(Loft is the victor for this fight. Loft was chosen primarily because of the skill with which Quill kept the character's personality very consistent.

That said, I feel that both of you could improve in a similar area; when it came to the actual combat, I found the thread almost lacking. While many of your dialogue and characterization posts were well done, on both accounts, I found myself reading many entirely too short posts.

Quill mentioned 'blocking': while it is true that this can often result from a post that is too long, do not be afraid to go into very detailed descriptions. A combat post should be more just the action that character takes; it can include their emotional state, what their senses are telling them, and so forth. Do not be afraid to get more detailed, but don't force yourself, either. This is very important as this is just another way of continuing to characterize your character, even without dialogue or internal monologue.

On a semi-related note, Quill, when you use projectile weapons, you should be more specific as to where your character is aiming said weapon at. While whether or not it strikes is up to the discretion of your opponent for the most part, it gives them something to work with; without it, it can sometimes make it seem as if using any sort of projectile is ineffective, since you've left it entirely upn to your opponent.)
    Fcgfyv likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.