Fcgfyv vs. Quill

Discussion in 'Battle Arena' started by Quill, Jun 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

There! A dark figure was heading towards the bonfire, blackness set against the burning fires of the tree. Loft sensed that the flames were just outside the magic's boundary; he wouldn't be able to follow Slink to the tree. He stood quietly and jogged as silently as he could through the grass, doing his best to make even less noise than a mouse. He closed the distance just enough to make his throwing knife hum with excitement; who was he to disappoint his friend? He lifted the shining steel, pointed it at the dark shape's back, and hurled it.
  2. Fcgfyv

Fcgfyv Knight of Mind reg

Slink could tell that the fire was slowly dying, as the throng was easier to hear even when it drew near. Or maybe their yelling got louder... Not risking anything, Slink quickly turned his head around to see the knife's gleam before turning around again. WAIT! Slink did a double take to confirm his delayed reaction, and raised his blade diagonally in an attempt to block the projectile. The knife whizzed at him at an almost impossibly fast speed before making contact with the blade. If his finger was still there when it happened, it wouldn't be now.

The throwing knife's handle made a quiet thunk on the soft earth, almost cutting into it's boot when the blade joined. Slink picked up the object, and threw the blasted thing into the inferno. He thought he saw something before he did so, but thought it safer to run to his destination instead, where he could hopefully avoid any more sneak attacks.
  3. Quill

Loft nearly screamed in frustration. If he wasn't so focused on being sneaky like a ninja, he would have. As it was, he stomped his feet and huffed quietly to himself. Why couldn't Slink just hold still and get stabbed? Was that too much to ask? Loft scratched his head, thinking, watching vaguely as Slink turned and began to run over to the flaming tree. He needed a new plan of attack. He didn't have any more throwing knives on him, his last one being with his original body, and a single Deku Nut wouldn't help.

Or would it? A plan came to Loft's mind, a plan so sneaky that it made his ninja ears curl in delight. It wasn't a particularly good plan, but that was alright because he was the Bad Guy. He could do sneaky stuff 'cause he wasn't supposed to be nice. He began to run quietly over to Slink. The burning tree was just outside the magic's boundary. If he passed that invisible line, his spirit would immediately fly from this body and return to its natural host. But that was part of the plan.

The bonfire wasn't as vivid and bright as it had once been, but the fire still ran strong along the tree's wood. Many parts of the tree had fallen, creating a ring of burning flames all around the burning star that was the tall tree. Hot enough, and deadly enough, for his sneaky purposes.

Loft was nearing the magic's limit. He could feel his spirit heating up in warning, alerting him to the consequence of passing the invisible line. His playmate was less than a half-dozen feet beyond that line. Close enough. Just before he reached it, Loft tensed all his muscles and used every ounce of his strength to leap into the air. He held out his arms, aiming to land on Slink and push them both into the inferno. He threw down the Deku Nut, and the world turned to a kaleidoscope of colors as his spirit left the statue.
  4. Fcgfyv

Slink was suddenly blind yet again, but the white light looked pink given how close the flames were. Slink grunted, partially of fear, but mostly because of how annoying these were. All Slink could think of doing in that instant was duck and cover, as well as hope that nothing was aimed for where his feet were. And as it turned out, something heavy landed on his right foot. His foot probably wasn't broken, but it was painful enough to make him scream.

That wasn't enough though, his luck wouldn't allow it. Whatever it was that landed on his foot fell into the flames, sending charcoal and ash raining on him. Or, it felt more like hail. Slink could feel the fires starting to burn his flesh, so he quickly rolled back and forth to put out the flames. Slink leaned on one knee, and prepared for another attack. This time, he made sure to keep a hand ready for another flash.
  5. Quill

"Stand still, Slink!" It was the last of the statues that stood in the grass some ways away from the burning tree, safely within the magic circle. He was leaning on another tree, not even trying to hide himself from his playmate. His voice was petulant, and there was definitely an air of sulkiness to his words. "You're so annoying," he pouted. "Hold still and let me stab you already!"

His forehead was hammering away against his skull, and his head felt like it was being shoved into a furnace. He reached up a hand to wipe at his brow, but since he was a statue, there was no sweat to touch. He was too far from the flames of the tree to feel its heat, but he still felt far too hot. It was his magic, he knew; he was using far too much of it. Loft wasn't a sorcerer; he had never trained his innate magical abilities, at least not nearly enough to prepare him for this much magical exercise. He was straining himself, pushing his very soul to its limits. He was deeply glad that this was the last of the statues; he didn't want to have to do this again.

He had picked up his dagger from earlier, the one he had lost when his jumping-axe-kick had been rudely interrupted by Slink's sword. That meant he had three toys to play with: his Red Candle, a pair of Deku Nuts, and now a dagger! The two Deku Nuts were married, so he counted them as one. It had been a lovely ceremony, underneath the moon's silvery light. Quick, but beautiful.

"So," he continued, addressing the figure by the fire, "who are you, anyway? Where you from?"
  6. Fcgfyv

Slink could easily see Loft from the light, with his satanic feeling. This had to be a fake one as well; he looked the same as the others. Slink stood up and faced his challenger, addressing his question. "I am known as Slink, although I am also known as 'The Hidden'. I hail from the Lost Woods, much like you. I would ask you some questions as well, but I don't want to get to know you. It'll make it easier to win. After a few seconds of examining the fighter from a distance, he realized something. "I know you want this to end as much as I do, so why prolong the talking?"

As evil as he looked with the light, with his wide eyes and big grin, something was wrong. His posture... Loft wasn't standing up straight, but rather slightly bent over. He wasn't exactly ready to fight for too much longer. I don't know what he has, but he probably has more equipment and magic than I do. Luckily, I can keep on going for a fight. He took a powerful step away from the combustion toward the adversary, and talked in a voice he knew Loft would hear over the crowd, already going nuts. Deku nuts. "Why would you keep tiring yourself out trying to fight me with these things? They are not my opponent, I should not be fighting them. It's you! So why don't you bring your real self over here, and I'll give you some time to get your equipment and rest up. That way, we can have a proper fight, and finally finish this.
  7. Quill

"How rude," Loft grumbled loudly. "I was just trying to be nice." He giggled. "The Hidden, huh? I think it fits me more, don't you? Maybe I'll steal it from you." Slink began his second speech, and Loft listened carefully. The crowd was roaring again, but he tried to block them out. Not that he was very successful; if something was there, Loft heard it. He didn't understand how people could tune things out.

"But," he said, touching his chest, "you are fighting me. These things are empty, so empty- you're only fighting me here. But if they weren't empty, they'd be angry at you for killing their friends. How could I deny them revenge, now that I'm the Bad Guy? Bad Guys love revenge!" He felt a wave of heat pass over him, but he shrugged the discomfort aside. Resting sounded wonderful, but he knew that it wouldn't help. His magic was continually in use while in this body, maintaining the link between his true form and this host. Resting would just prolong the strain.

"Now," he said, gesturing at Slink, "get on over here so I can stab you."
  8. Fcgfyv

Slink laughed. "You can't make this easy, can you? Well, how about we go somewhere where a wrong move will less likely result in immediate death?" Slink walked toward the crowd of people and down the side of the battlefield. Once on the same ground as the spikes, he walked over toward where the ghost should have been, sticking toward the outer wall avoid an air assassination.
  9. Quill

"Huh?" Loft crossed his arms, watching as his playmate fled across the Arena and jumped down into the pit. He turned around and headed to his own section of the wall, and from his high vantage point, he could see Slink on the far wall, down in the pit. "You want to fight down there? Alright." He quickly walked down the vertical wall, joining the spikes. He carefully and quietly wound his way between them until he was about halfway across the pit. The wall wasn't in sight, too thick and too many were the wooden spikes all around him, but he figured that he was about at the pit's midpoint.

He stopped and pressed his back to a wooden spike, facing away from Slink's wall. He would wait for his playmate to announce his presence, then he would strike. He was safely within the magic's boundaries, but he was feeling nervous, fighting on the same level as his actual body. What if his playmate found him sitting against the platform's wall? The spikes hid him pretty well, but what if? It'd be game over for Loft! He quashed his fear; that wouldn't happen. He'd finish Slink off before it could.
  10. Fcgfyv

Slink found another rock in the pit, and he didn't bother wondering how it go there. It probably made its way over there from the platform somehow. Or maybe it was the one that hit the tree? Regardless, he picked it up and threw it toward the platform wall, waiting for his opponent for follow suit. Time to remind him why I am 'The Hidden'.
  11. Quill

Loft had no idea why a rock soared over his head, but at least now he knew more about Slink's location. He crouched low and darted to the side. If a line was drawn between his playmate and the opposite wall, he would be positioned right on it. There were still lots of spikes between the two of them, of course, and Loft was still too far away to be able to see his playmate, but this made it more likely for him to be able to ambush Slink.
  12. Fcgfyv

Slink continued to crouch and wait for his opponent, but he heard no reply to the rock. He wondered why it did not work, and started to panic slightly. Fearing that Loft had found him, he slowly made his way through the spikes, continuing toward where he hoped Loft would be, but trying to make little noise. Not like it would matter much, though, for the crowd of spectators were raging right over their heads. But still, better safe than sorry.
  13. Quill

This whole 'waiting' thing didn't really appeal to Loft. He hated holding still, he really did. After spending such a long time stuck in a tiny stone room, the idea of being in one place for more than a few minutes made him itch uncomfortably. He had no idea where Slink was at the moment, and the memory of that sword slicing into his flesh didn't make him eager to be caught unawares. There had to be something that he could do!

He shifted against the wooden spike at his back, wishing that the thing was padded. Wait, these spikes- how tall were they? A quick glance up showed him that they were pretty darn tall. And thick, too, wide like a tree trunk. "No way," Loft mouthed. He set his foot against its base, then, after a deep breath, had his other foot follow it up. "Way," he mouthed silently. He swiftly climbed up the spike, scaling its heights, not stopping until he's reached the top. The spike tapered off to a fine point, and it didn't take long for him to saw off the tip. He sat on the blunt end, holding the severed point in his lap. From his vantage point, he was free to look down to the pit below.
  14. Fcgfyv

A noise arose from the crazed mob, and it wasn't anywhere close to yelling. Slink pinpoined its most-likely origin, to look up and see the devil himself sitting on a spike. How he could have accomplished that, Slink had no idea. But he needed to think of something before he could be seen.

Knowing that his sword was not made for combat this close, his kissed his prized possession a hopefully short goodbye. He aimed well, and threw his sword at Loft, following right behind. He pulled his knife out of his sleeve and prepared it in his right hand, just in case his sword didn't complete the job.
  15. Quill

Thankfully for Loft, hooked swords were not meant for throwing. The sound of something clattering against wood brought his attention down to the pit, and he waved in delight and called out a greeting as he spotted his old pal Slink standing there. But what should he do now? He had a dagger, two Deku Nuts, and- ooooh. His fingers tightened over the Red Candle. Could he do it? Well, why not? This was the last statue; what did he have to lose?

Grinning gleefully, he threw one Deku Nut down at Slink to distract him. With his other hand, he lifted the Red Candle's base and sent out plumes of flames to the surrounding spikes. The dry wood caught fire extremely quickly, tendrils of flames licking up and down the wooden surfaces and jumping to other nearby spikes and spreading the ocean of flickering red light. Loft cackled in delight. Setting things on fire was just so much fun!
  16. Fcgfyv

Throwing that sword did nothing productive except come back to him, landing near his feet. He bent over to pick it up, and heard a bang. Since his hand was mostly in front of his eyes from picking up the sword, the flash was not as intense. He still seemed slightly impaired, and clambered around the floor in an attempt to quickly escape. But everything started to get hot, and he could hear flames. He looked up and dully saw more flames.

Slink needed an escape, so all he could do was walk back up to the main battlefield. He ran away from the flames a good distance, and started to climb the wall. Slink thought he saw Loft on the other side of the flames, but put priority of escaping the inferno. There was no way that Loft could have escaped a stunt like that... then again it was probably a fake one. Maybe he decided to abandon every item that he had on him in an attempt to kill him. Well it certainly scared him.
  17. Quill

Loft screamed in frustration as his prey escaped yet again. The flames burned all about him, but Loft was beyond caring. He sent burst after burst of flames into the inferno, screaming his head off before finally calming down. In the midst of the fires that were beginning to eat his spike, he took a deep breath and released it. He climbed down from the spike, jumping before he reached the flames and rolling off the ground. He could feel the heat from the inferno begin to pull his spirit away from this host; obviously the extreme temperature was beginning to count as injuring.

His original body had just come into view when he collapsed. When he opened his eyes again, he was in his true self. There were no more statues left. This was Loft's last chance. It was do or die. He scrambled forward, taking the Red Candle, the dagger, and the Deku Nut from his clone. The bonfire was spreading across all the spikes now- soon it would engulf the entire pit. Bunny Ears flopping about his head, he quickly climbed the wall and rolled into the grass, panting heavily.
  18. Fcgfyv

No way... he survived. Loft was collapsed on the ground and looked exhausted, just like Slink thought he was. Now could be his only chance, and at this point it was all about killing this gadfly. Slink ran as fast as he could at Loft, with his sword in hand, but making sure to let out no noise though his mouth. Just in case he could get the element of surprise with his footsteps being muffled by the enraged crowd.
  19. Quill

Snoozey time had never felt so attractive. Though this body hadn't been heavily exerted yet this night, his spirit felt tired and heavy. His body was light, his adrenaline supplies barely tapped, but his mind felt stretched and worn. A headache was pounding against his skull, and he groaned. Wait- this headache was more than just magical exertion. It was a warning in the base of his skull, an innate sense hammering against his consciousness and screaming that danger was near. He looked and gasped- Slink!

The hand bearing the Deku Nut came crashing down against the ground. His hand drew back and he rolled to the side as the light exploded, hopefully stunning the threat. He sent a plume of flame in the direction of his playmate with the Red Candle and staggered to his feet, quickly stepping back. He pulled out the dagger and held it defensively before him.
  20. Fcgfyv

Slink saw his opponent throw his hand to the ground. Another flash! Slink dove to the ground and tried to cover his eyes. It was much more successful than before, because when he opened his eyes the blindness was not as intense. Slink got on one knee to stand up, and he was beginning to get tired. He had been up for hours into the knight, and new fire pit seemed to be sapping his energy with its heat.

Slink looked for Loft, ready to finish him off, and saw a fireball instead. He got up to run, but was a little too slow. His right leg caught fire, and Slink was forced to get back on the ground and roll until the fire was out. He stood up to the best of his ability, but the pain in his leg was like nothing he felt before. His leg was throbbing, and eventually he kneeled. He saw Loft, and threw him a painful grin, but didn't move. He quickly switched his sword to his left hand and his knife to his right hand, and prepared for Loft's next move.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.