Fan Theories that Make Sense, but Aren't True (Likely)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Eternis, Jan 17, 2014.

?

Is this Hilarious, and would you use any of these?

1. Yes, my ribs are motherflipping cracking right now. Using these, though? That's the best joke yet.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No, it just seems idiotic to me. And why the f*ck would I use these? They're absolute sh*t!

50.0%
  3. Yeah, these are pretty funny, but they kinda make sense. I think RPing with them might be fun.

16.7%
  4. OH MY GOD THESE THEORIES ARE REAL! WAKE UP, SHEEPLE!

33.3%
  1. Eternis

Eternis Page of Time reg

These are some weirdo ideas that just popped into my head last night that I figured I'd share with y'all for a lark/laugh/jolly good time, eh what?
    Do not take them seriously, but if you like them, feel free to incorporate them as you see fit.

First and foremost, Ganondorf in and of himself isn't evil.
    I told you they'd be a laugh. (open)

However, the fact remains that the name of the Demon King in Skyward Sword, the first game chronologically of the serious, is different to that of the recurring antagonist (or deuteragonist, if this theory is correct) that we've seen in almost all of the other games. It would be quite simple for them to have named Demise "Ganondorf" instead, and no fan-theories like this would have ever popped up, especially since the protagonist, Link, remains the same, as does the tritagonist, Zelda.
    That isn't evidence in and of itself, but it's vital to some of the following conjectures.
    The second "hint" we get for this wild goose chase is from the friendliest Ganondorf we've seen yet, Wind Waker Ganondorf.
    He remained untainted by the evil transformation almost all of his other incarnations went through in order to gain more power, that of turning into that weirdo pig-thing, and he stated that his wish for the triforce was to give his people a viable place to live. Now, I'm not saying he was good, but he obviously desired power less than his fellows, in addition to being less evil, and not as a consequence. Even when he was just about to fight Zelda (Tetra) and Link in the final boss battle, he first attempted to discuss his reasons for acquiring the triforce and try to convince them to help him, even though he believed that he could either out-fight or out-trick them easily.
    This made me think that instead of simply being a reincarnation of Demise, it might be a family curse, where the power of Demise, in the form of the Triforce of Power, is offered (or perhaps even forced) into the most appropriate host (ganondorf). If the two Ganondorfs from the Wind Waker legend and Wind Waker game are the same, then again, it's always possible that people got it wrong... or perhaps that the good, human-ish side of Ganondorf was released while Demise remained trapped.
    All of this is pretty weak, so now I'll put forth one of the strongest pieces in my arsenal yet.
    Ocarina of Time Ganondorf has a split personality.
    This would almost be good enough to be a theory in and of itself, but it works perfectly with the idea that Ganondorf isn't naturally evil so I figured I'd shove it in here.
    At the start of the game, Ganondorf displays that he's aware of Link's potential to take him down, by murdering Link's family. Then, he displays that he's patient enough to wait for an entire race of people (gorons) to starve in order to get his hands on the Spiritual Stone of Fire, and for practically anyone to notice that Princess Ruto was spending a little too much time inside Lord Jabu Jabu (huehuehue). Then, he goes and f*cks all that up by letting link go on his little adventure and save everyone.
    Why? He knew that Link was dangerous, otherwise why would he murder his family, or even more curiously, assume that he'd be able to get through the freaking traps he'd laid for everyone in his way. Secondly, he actually had a good plan. Even if Ruto didn't manage to find the Spiritual Stone before she got digested by the Jabster, Jabu-Jabu would poop it out eventually. The gorons were already starving, going so far as to blow themselves up with bombs to try to get through, and would've given up in a moment, the Deku Tree was about to die, and most importantly, the King thought he was an O.K bloke. Who just happened to be the ruler of a race made up entirely of women, and could give harems to pretty much every noble in Hyrule. Suddenly, political power comes about with a royal marriage between Zelda and Ganondorf. What possible reason could he, the cruel, evil king Ganondorf, known for his many atrocities and love of seeing people suffer. have for letting this person, who he obviously thought capable to get through the entire horde of his minions at the time, go about his business of killing them all? Because he had a part of him that wanted to see his plans de-railed, that wanted someone to have a chance at stopping him, that regretted letting himself do all these evil things.
    The real Ganondorf, trapped inside a body with the overpowering spirit of Demise.
    Thank you, and good (insert time of day here).

Second: Hylia is the Goddess of Time, and The Trio are playing a tabletop (see: Hyrule is a table) RPG.
    Also, Din is a trickster goddess.
    See? Hilarious! (open)
    This is an easier one than the last one. First, only four major goddesses (specifically female, as there have been other gods) have been mentioned up until that point, Din, Faore, Nayru, and the unnamed Goddess of Time. Then, we see the original gate of time in the temple of time in Lanayru fall, but it just so happens that the sealed temple, the temple literally containing the goddess Hylia herself, has another Gate of Time. There are also many references to fate and the goddess planning Link's quest ahead of time, giving greater credence to the thought that she might be able to at least see the future. Well, there's less evidence, but it's certainly more believable.
    Then, that the Trio are playing a game.
    This is the best part.
    When I first played Ocarina of Time, I assumed that the Triforce simply chose those who embodied the parts best when it was split into three. However, when we get to Wind Waker, we find a different story. The triforce became a solid object, forcing Link to traipse of on his quest to find the courage pieces, and Tetra to combine her two wisdom pieces. The next console game, Twilight princess, then had no splitting of the triforce, but simply a blessing to Ganon in the form of the Triforce of Power, and to Link and Zelda in the form of their triforce pieces. This makes me think that, given that this scene has been replayed over, and over, and over, that perhaps the three goddesses are simply playing a game with Hyrule as its setting, Ganon chosen as Din's Champion/Character, Link chosen as Faore's Champ/Char, and Zelda as Nayru's. This makes sense, when you have the antagonist as the character of the fire goddess (fire often being associated in trickery, even in Nordic lands where Hel(l) is made of ice). This also tells us that we're Faore.
    And that Faore is addicted to games, given that Link's been on plenty of solo adventures without Ganon or Zelda. This becomes funnier when you see the "Mary-Jane" non-god characters of Din, Faore, and Nayru in the Oracle games.

More to come, but add your own! That, and feel free to discuss any that people have already put up.
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2014
  2. Doc Genz

Doc Genz frozen again Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    In Japan and other countries, Tingle is actually very popular. But Skyward Sword was one of the first main series games in a while to go very far in the past. Minish Cap used many mirrors of established characters, so we're not counting that here.(though the capcom games are shady territory for plot as it is) But otherwise we have Tingle everywhere, and even in spirit with Purlo in Twilight Princess.

But we have Skyward Sword taking us far in the past, and the only sign of Tingle is an easter egg: a weird doll in Zelda's room. However, if we look under the surface, we may have a more concrete allusion to Tingle's origin.

Let's take a look at Peater. In contrast to Purlo's greed, Peater is rife with delusions of grandeur despite being a humble mini-game business owner. If we examine Peater we will find that he has a distinctive mole on his face as well as a pointy green hood connected to his shirt. Now, he is modeled to be a swordsman so we don't have all that much Tingle in him beyond appearances and tendencies. Next is where it gets interesting.

Everyone knows Peatrice. She is Peater's daughter and is required to be met if you want to complete the Batreaux quest line. Let's take a look at her. She is pretty delusional herself, as she thinks Link's repeated visits to her service are a sure sign of love fairly early on. Notice the round nose and mole on her face, as well as the somewhat thicker eyebrows. This is proof that there is something hereditary going on. Now let's think for a second. Out of every game, Link's romantic life is kept very ambiguous. There's many people who like him, but it is kept one-sided so that the player can still feel in control.

Notice how Link's romantic moments in this game are always interrupted. Now think about how you(as the player,) can tell Peatrice that you are in love with her. This is probably a gag by the devs about gamers falling in love with game characters. But let's be serious for a second. Was Peatrice going to obtain a stable romantic relationship with anyone else? If then, how would this theoretical Tingle gene pass on? Could Link and Tingle actually be distant cousins? I say, maybe. Maybe.
    Cloud likes this.