[EVENT] The Holiday Moblin Strikes Again!

Discussion in 'Events' started by The NPC, Dec 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The NPC

The NPC It's dangerous to go alone. Take this.

From the very tip of the snow-covered Death Mountain is what, from this distance, appears as nothing but a tiny glistening spark in the sky... That very spark shall soar across all of Hyrule in but one night, dropping a few little treasures on the fortunate heroes over which it passes.

The spark you see is the glint off a soaring war chariot. Upon it, there rides a stout fuzzy creature of white fur and red armor. Could it be? The infamous Holiday Moblin?! At the top of his lungs, the monster bellows out over and over again, "IT'S A SECRET TO EVERYBODY!!" The obese beast laughs maniacally as his chariot is drawn forth through the night sky, "HO! HO! HO!!" Pulling him along is a pack of feral white Wolfos, each ferociously snarling and gleefully slobbering as they dash across the sky, dancing on the very air itself.

Perhaps this is the monster's way of taunting Hylian's doom, at the hand of Ganon's forces. Or, maybe, he ate a little bit too many magic mushrooms. How did he get those Wolfos to fly, anyway? It's not easy to know why this is happening--perhaps that's what is so "secret"--but rupees are falling from the sky nonetheless.

---

You may freely gain 20 rupees across any number of your characters. You may immediately exchange any of these rupees for one or more treasures of your choice, so long as the rupees you receive from this event fully covers the cost of the treasure(s). You may keep any leftover rupees.

If you make an in-character response in this thread, you may gain an additional 10 rupees.

If you participated in this event last year, you may gain an additional 10 rupees.

(All the rupees you gain because of this event can be spent on one treasure, or several treasures, split however you like. Any leftover rupees can be kept as plain rupees.)

You have until the end of this year to claim your gifts.
  2. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    "No." Julius uttered in slight terror as snow began to fall upon the streets of Castle Town. He knew what this meant. He knew who was coming. He grabbed a slip of paper from his Adventure Pouch, reciting the words scribed upon it. "It's a secret to everybody," he read aloud, concerned and frightened by the words. He looked into the air. He knew the beast was due any minute now.

He was correct -- the beast usually appeared with the first snowfall, and gradually withdrew as it grew warmer. In little more than two weeks time, his activity would peak. He heard his familiar bellowing -- though Julius had never paused to consider how it could be "a secret to everyone," as the creature put it, if everyone already knew what was going on. He examined the streets. It seemed he was the only one particularly concerned. A small, shimmering beacon flashed in the cold, overcast skies. "No. NO! NOT AGAIN!!" Julius screeched in mock horror. Or, perhaps he really was scared of the Holiday Moblin's antics. After all, he -- or she, Julius presumed -- was a virtually invulnerable Moblin with an entire team of flying wolfos. More importantly, he added, mentally, the Moblin in question seemed to possess an uncanny amount of wealth -- wealth that Julius had shared in last year, remembering the scrap of paper he had just read off of.

"HO HO HO!! HO!!!!!!!" The creature shrieked overhead, loosing a pouch of gems upon Julius. "AND REMEMBER," he yelled in a raspy voice, similar to an old man -- or perhaps woman -- whom had been smoking all their life, "IT'S HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!!!!" The Holiday Moblin was no doubt ranting about something cryptic -- not to mention trivial. Julius thought for a while, unconscious from the sum of rupees that had struck him in the head with great force, Why can't there just be a normal holiday season?

((Julius gain -- 4 0 roop))
  3. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

As the snow fell from the sky, a pink ball shuffled around in the cold, shoveling snow back and forth though to little avail. "Here, let me help you Wollo." A deep voice called out, as a brown, rocky hand reached down toward the snow, packing it into a thicker ball. "Uhh. . . Thank friend." Wollo replied, looking up at his friend. He was colossal, bigger than Wollo or even Rika, it was like he was Godzilla. Wait, he was Godzilla, it was Godzilla the Goron. He smiled at the Octorok, before turning back around, as Wollo returned to pushing the ball of snow. Eventually, he bumped into a larger ball, where someone else interjected.

"Don't worry Wollo, I have it from here." Someone else said, and with a flap of his wings, two talons grabbed onto the ball. The winged person flew into the air, setting the ball of snow on top of another, larger ball. It was Wollo's other friend, Kei the Rito. "Uhh, thank friend." Wollo said again. His snout would contort to a smile if it were physically possible for him to. It was such a great time. Wollo was spending time with his friendly friends, and they all helped each other out. No one was trying to eat him or anything.

Godzilla the Goron stepped over to the two snow balls, and with his mighty strength, lifted them high into the air, setting them on a third ball which was by far the largest. "Okay, now it's my turn Wollo." Another, young voice called out. Garbed completely in red, it was none other than, you guessed it, Rika. What do you mean you thought it was Santa Claus? Wollo doesn't know Santa Claus, don't be ridiculous.

With a wave of his hand, brilliant magic spun through the air, mixing with the snow and swirling around the piles of snow they had created. With a flash and a shimmer, the magic faded away, but the snowman was forever changed. "Ho ho ho, Merry Christmas Wollo!" A boisterous voice called out from the snowman. It was no longer just a snowman, for it had taken the shape of a Goron made out of snow. It was Gorman Jones, the holiday Goron who brought fun and cheer to all across Hyrule.

"Oh boy, Gorman Jones! Did I get anything this year?!" Rika called out excitedly, causing Gorman Jones to chuckle. "Ho ho ho, let me see Rika. . . I'm afraid you've been rather naughty this year, so you didn't get anything. Wollo, my friend, however, you have been a good boy!" Rika's face turned red with frustration as he kicked the snow angrily. "Damn it!" Wollo, on the other hand, looked up at Gorman Jones with excitement in his beaming eyes. "Let me see what I have for you here. . . " As Gorman Jones dug through his magical sack of goods, he pulled something out, and Wollo felt something hit his face.

Then something else, then a third time. Finally, Wollo felt something hard hit his face, as if Gorman Jones were dropping something on his head, and his eyes shot open. He saw a box sitting in front of his bruised snout, and littered at his feet were green rupees. He could hear the boisterous chuckling fill the air, but it was not Gorman Jones. Rika's angry shouts could also be heard, and Wollo soon realized what was going on. Rika was flinging spell after spell at a floating sleigh. In it was none other than the Holiday Moblin, chuckling as he threw present after present off the sleigh with no regard for where they landed. Rika was shouting at him aggressively, too.

"Damn it, get back here you stupid hack! You didn't give me anything last year and you're gonna make up for it!" The Holiday Moblin seemed to completely ignore Rika's cries and shouts, instead continuing his laugh and shouting, "It's a Secret to Everybody!" This only made Rika madder, as he replied, "Yeah it better be a secret!" Their fight continued as Rika chased after the Holiday Moblin, though it was mostly futile.

Oh well, at least Wollo got a gift.

(+30 Rupees to Rika)
  4. Blonde Panther

Blonde Panther Not always sweet and delicate vet

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    She finally gave up, got out of bed, and put her robe on. She'd been trying to sleep for the better part of two hours, to no avail. Her bed was nice and warm, so that wasn't the problem, but something was gnawing at her. She didn't know what it was, and that drove her up the wall as much as the gnawing itself did. Normally, she could sleep through it, but tonight was different, apparently. Sighing, she slipped her feet into her fuzzy slippers, grabbed a book, and left her room, walking down the halls of the manor with her destination firmly in mind; although she stopped at the kitchen to fill a large cup of tea.

As she reached the side exit of the manor, she put on her thick winter mantle over her robe before going out. Normally, this would be madness, and she shivered, realising that the first snow had started to fall. However, she reminded herself as she opened the door to the stables, she had found in the past that somehow, Marich's presence relaxed her and made it easy to sleep. The white stallion seemed to wake up when he heard her shut the door, and began a whinny, but she hurried to put a hand up to make him quiet. "Shhh, Marich. You'll wake everyone." She started to walk towards his stable, but then her foot caught on something and she tripped.

Catching her fall, she turned around and bent down to pick up the small package she'd stubbed her toe against. Unwrapping it, to her surprise she saw a small horseshoe-shaped instrument in it. She knew what this was, of course- she'd read about it in the past. Smiling and knowing this had been meant for her and Marich, she packed it back up and set it down against Marich's stable before going in and making herself comfortable.

Marich looked up and snorted, his hoof clopping on the ground quietly and nervously at the scent of a horde of rabid white wolfoses flying overhead.

Laurel Veranius gains the Horse Call and 15 Rupees.
  5. Guy

Guy Admin admin

A pair of orange eyes glare ominously, peering through a demonic mask to stare up into the sky. Every year, he comes, dropping would-be gifts onto the supposed populace. Every year, Sienna watches him, flooded with the overwhelming urge to not merely murder him, but rip out his femur and shove it down the disgusting gullet that spews such atrocious nonsense in the first place. Just the mere thought of it makes a grin spread across Sienna's face.

"I heard," Guy began, ignoring the fact his sister was lost in another violent fantasy, "That the Holiday Moblin rewards those he considers good. I wonder if he punishes those he considers bad?" He knew it was a stupid rumor, but he was stuck between the second most obnoxious person in existence, and Sienna, and wanted desperately to think about something other than torture or bee puns.

"I beelieve he rewards all the nice little boys and girls with what their hearts truly desire!" Buzzari was beaming, and ignored Guy's groan of agony at hearing yet another pun. "Buzz! He may not seem like it, but I beet he's a really great fellow!" He landed on Guy's shoulder, then glanced towards Sienna, "Why else would he bee doing this?"

"He is insane," Sienna glared at him, coldly, "Even more than you." As Sienna looked to the heavens, a horrific force SMAHED right into her face with a catastropic CLANK of metal against metal. A pair of pristine, polished Iron Boots sat on the unconscious Deku Scrub's face. Her mask had broken in half, but Guy could see she wasn't bleeding... and didn't exactly mind his sister being out for a minute or two if it meant he didn't have to worry about her murdering someone for the time being. He supposed this was the Moblin's judgement of her. She would probably make good use of the boots, though, so was it even a real punishment?

Looking to the little fellow on his shoulder, Guy noticed a tiny, glistening gold... speck... fluttering down as well... right into Buzzari's hands. He was positively beeaming. The Picori cried out, "It's... I don't... I don't beelieve it! It's a BEE BADGE!!" He began to hover and dance, utterly elated, "Buzz! It's just what I've always wanted!! I couldn't bee happier!"

Guy smirked, as much as a Deku Scrub could smirk, anyway. Even if both of his companions were obnoxious, he still got a bit of amusement out of their joy... or their incapacitation. At least it stopped them from bothering him.

Though he himself hadn't yet realized it, Guy would later find an extra three blue rupees that mysteriously slipped their way into his pockets. It seemed on this night, the Moblin truly did give gifts to them all... for better or worse.

---

20r: Sienna gets Iron Boots w/the Summon Boots Augment.
    5r: Buzzari gets a Bee Badge.
    15r: Guy gets 15 rupees.
    = 40 rupees
  6. Magnere

Magnere Momentai vet

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-6426-3927
    Areyal had just arrived at Impa from the sea and had neglected to find a place to stay. She spent all of her rupees the moment she arrived on some hylian foods. She couldn't help herself, and had never tasted anything like it before. It wasn't until after it was starting to get dark did she realize she was all out of rupees. She tried to go to the inn, and ask for shelter, but they wouldn't take anyone who couldn't pay. Immensely worried by her lack of a roof over her head. She figured that going back into the ocean would be a much safer place for her to sleep than on the beach.

Just as she had reached ankle deep in the water, snow started falling gently downwards. Areyal immediately ran back to the shore and stared upwards. She had always loved snow, but she had rarely had to chance to actually experience it. Being underwater most of your life exluded her from even things as simple as the changing weather. Sure the weather did affect the currents, and the rain sounded amazing pouring down onto the surface of the water. But nothing had prepared her for what she would see next.

Suddenly, a chariot flies into view, soaring above the sky. Upon a closer inspection, it looked like the chariot was being flown by Wolfos! But that's absurd, Areyal had thought to herself. Wolfos obviously can't fly, but yet what was happening, had she lost her mind. It also appeared that a Moblin, of all sorts, was riding the chariot. Did this happen often in the surface world? As the chariot flew over head, she could help but stare in awe of how bizarre it seemed. "IT'S A SECRET TO EVERYBODY!" The moblin shouted as a large burlap sack fell right next to Areyal on the beach. "HO HO HO!" He cried as he flew out out sight.

Bewildered, Areyal knelt by the sack, and gently opened it. Inside was a scroll and 3 blue rupees! She quickly yanked the scroll out of the badge. It was bound by a ribbon containing the Zora symbol. Intrigued, she opened it up, and discovered it was a scroll for a basic Zora spell, Fire. She had neglected to learn it in her youth because she had always felt that it seemed weird for a race who lived underwater to be able to shoot fire. It always seemed pointless to her. Ice was always more interesting to her. But now, on the surface, she could see the potential uses for the spell.

She looked back into the night sky, snow was falling more heavily, and it was starting to get rather cold. Was this a normal thing up on the surface? Why was a moblin of all sorts giving gifts away? And more importantly, how did the Wolfos learn to fly? She probably would never know. Silently, she thanked the moblin and ran off to the inn, to brag about her new gift, and to squander her newly acquired wealth of course.

(Areyal receives the spell Fire-No Instrument Required, and 15 rupees.)
  7. UnnamedDude

UnnamedDude Lighting up the Fire in the Night vet

3DS Friend Code:
    2981-6385-7964
    I find myself drawn into the realm of dreams, again. It is different this time, though... Rather than being forced in despite panic and fear, it feels more like a parent trying to convince a child. I sensed promises of warmth, I heard sounds of happiness. And so, gradually, slowly, I found myself pushing against the veil that separated one world to another.

After a brief white flash I blinked and looked around. It somehow seemed dark and cold, and I needed time to adjust my eyes. After a few moments I saw I was in some kind of workshop. There was some hairy-looking creature before me, calibrating, adjusting, muttering to himself. Him? Was it a him? Yes, somehow I knew who this was, but it had the feeling more of an instinctual knowledge than a conclusion I came to myself. This was a mole-person. He made bombs, but for some reason I was not distressed by this. I watched over his shoulder for a while, feeling oddly content to see his clawed hands at work.

In the distance there was a rumbling. I felt a twinge of curiosity, but evidently my mogma companion shared none of it. If anything he looked annoyed. I distantly recognized it must have been dangerous to continue operating with such a racket going on, but still I was instilled only with a gentle inquisitiveness. He, Cecil Droves, burrowed upwards to investigate. I followed, flowing through the earth like water, breathing through it like air. It occurred to me, quietly, how odd a dream it was, before the thought escaped once again. I suppose that, ultimately, it didn't much matter...

His head popped up above ground and he looked around. "Hey, what's the big idea?" This question was addressed to no one in particular, but it was rather irate all the same. And all the same, a creature of crimson armor and white fur descended from the sky. "Ho ho ho!" he cried, jolliness almost frightening, "It's a secret to EVERYBODY!" A ring clattered from his chariot, landing in Cecil's open paws. The mogma blinked, and with that the boar-like creature began to climb into the sky once more and was gone, vanished into the cold winter night.

Cecil seemed just as perturbed as I was, and looked once at the ring, then towards the chariot streaming across the sky. Then he simply shook his head, mumbling, "Crazy surfacers..." and digging back down...

I don't know why, but I felt as if he had just become a bit safer.

Cecil Droves gained a Bombproof Ring and 10 Rupees.
  8. Eternis

Eternis Page of Time reg

Holle sat on the snowdrift, rupees falling around him, shaking his head in bewilderment.
    "Alright, this just makes no sense whatsoever. First, why would a moblin fly around like that, wearing- actually no,mai won't even go there. The real question is, how on earth could he possibly have enough funding to do this, 'cause there's no way this is economically sustainable, even if it is apparently just for one day a year."
    The hooded figure before him chuckled.
    "You're making two blatantly invalid assumptions. First, that the economy of Hyrule makes any sense whatsoever, and second, that the rupees falling from the sky are actual rupees."
    Holle stared back, askance.
    "I'll agree with you on the first point, but on the second? Look, here."
    Holle picked up a shining blue rupee from the snow beside him, cradling it in his palm.
    "This is a rupee, plain and simple."
    The cowled figure leaned forward, taking a similar rupee in his own hand. A few moments passed, then the rupee began to disintegrate.
    "Like I said, an invalid assumption. These rupees are not rupees, in the same way that rupees received from certain other magical beings are not rupees, but are instead a representation of potential powers or goods to be gained from the world at large, be it through exploration or outright purchase. For example, didn't you find it odd that you didn't actually need to carry that stack of rupees earlier, and how they suddenly disappeared after gaining those new abilities? This, my friend, was just an example of Hyrule stating that you are owed a debt,which you could then collect. And no, don't ask me why, or how. I haven't gotten to those yet. Technically, we shouldn't have met yet, as I'm no resident of Southern Hyrule, but thanks to the will of beings greater than ourselves, in his case our land of Hyrule included, we have this opportunity to meet. In some aspects, I don't even exist yet, although my eventual existence will cause me to have previously existed, thus the capability for this conversation."
    Holle stared slightly blankly at the figure in front of him, then shook his head.
    "Alright, this stuff's getting a little too metaphysical for me at the moment, as interesting as it is, although you're obviously crazy because of course you exist, you're here. I'll just head off and grab some rupees."
    The seated figure faded, leaving naught but an afterimage while Holle looted the ground for rupees.
    "See you shortly, Holle."

Show Spoiler
    ... I'm not actually sure if that counts as in-character or not. If it isn't, please tell me, so that I don't get 10 rupees undeservedly.
    Anyway, 40roop (or 30?) for Holle.
  9. Squishy

Squishy tl;dr this is all, still, toko's fault admin

Leskar gave the snow a disdainful look, as if it had just said something deeply offending.

He was currently walking outside in the fields, and the snow was simply everywhere. On the ground, on the ice, falling from the sky, in his hair, sticking to his clothes...

The Fairy had forgotten how cold winter could be.

His ratty brown cloak might have been effective in covering up his true form, but it provided little protection from the elements. He was soaked and chilled to the bone, and if Leskar had been a less stubborn individual he might have returned to his fountain for the time being and waited for warmer weather. After all, what would another few weeks of sleep be compared to a hundred years?

Besides the cold, the snow also brought a certain sense of stillness to the world, covering everything in a thick, white blanket. It almost seemed as if the Fairy was all alone in the world, with not a single other creature in sight.

That is, until an odd sound came from somewhere far away...

At first, Leskar thought it was simply the wind. But the sound repeated itself, louder this time, as if its source was coming closer. The Fairy's eyes went wide at the sight of the chariot high up in the sky. Since when had Moblins and Wolfos been capable of flight? And, to his great horror, why could he not recall whether there were any laws about flying such large vehicles?

He watched the spectacle above him with a dumbstruck expression, blinking away the snow that landed in his eyes. The Moblin seemed not to care about the oddness of its current situation, instead cackling madly to no one in particular and steering the Wolfos through the sky.

But what Leskar did not notice, was a tiny glimmer that fell from the chariot. Not until it hit him hard in the face. Whatever had hit him had bounced away and landed somewhere near his feet, though that, at the moment, was the least of the redhead's concerns.

Pressing the fingers of one hand to the gash on his forehead, and the other three hands balled into fists, the Fairy raised his head to the Moblin in the sky, furiously.

"Who dares attack the Great Fairy of Justice?!"

"IT'S A SECRET TO EVERYBODY!"

"What?!"

"HO HO HOOO~"

The beast did not respond, it only cackled madly as it continued on its way, leaving an outraged and slightly battered Fairy behind.

Leskar decided that he would find out who this oh so secret assailant was, and show them what it meant to provoke the Great Fairy of Justice.

Leskar gains 40 rupees.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.