Dragon's Rage (UD+U5) [Lavaclaw]

Discussion in 'Great Sea' started by Ultra5, Oct 7, 2013.

1. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    Jacob puts his hand above his head blocking the sun from his eyes. "Yeah. Great vacation spot an' I'm 'ere on business. Figures." Chuckling Jacob turns to his Wyvern patting her on the back. "Ya know I'm gettin' too old fer this yeah?" Eysseth snorts her laugh and licks Jacob's face. The old soldier laughs and begins digging through his Wyvern's saddle bag.

"Now did tha two o' youns have a nice flight? I bet ya it was better than mine. Heh." Getting his bomb bag out of the saddle bag Jacob chuckles tying it to his hip as it usually is. "Now listen thank ya fer comin' along, but this ain't gonna be easy...'specially since I ain't gettin' any younger." The last part is cursed under the Guard's breath. Eysseth hears it though and nuzzles Jacob looking worryingly at him. Jacob simply pats her on the nose and scratches her behind the ears. "I'll be fine girl."
  2. UnnamedDude

UnnamedDude Lighting up the Fire in the Night vet

3DS Friend Code:
    2981-6385-7964
    Elaine got on the ground and swayed a bit. She did not comment on the ride, as she was trying very much to forget it. Seeing the ground leave her, having naught but the vast blue canvas of the sky and having no stationary object to hang onto had greatly unsettled her, and she was putting forth much more effort than should have been necessary to keeping her partially-digested meal in its proper place.

Abigail, meanwhile, had been exhilarated by the ride, hopping down with reckless abandon. The air rushing against her face, the scenery stretching and flowing beneath them, she loved all of it. She, too, was silent, but her beaming face told her tale clearly enough.

"So what is it? Where exactly are we going?" Abigail intoned brightly. In response came a slightly sick call from Elaine. "Nothing involving more air travel, I hope." The latter girl shuddered to even think of what might happen on a sea vessel, where she would have had a much longer ride. She felt as though her insides had been twisted up, stuffed into a sack, shaken vigorously, and then haphazardly shoved back in.

"Well..." Abigail started, looking around. She had heard tales of places untouched by the followers of Ganon, but this island... it certainly had an ominous air about it. It felt even worse to be here than in the southern fields. As she reached this conclusion the earth shook, and a ferocious pillar of flame erupted like a macabre street magician's grand finale. "I... guess we should be ready to deal with that?" She gulped. It was daunting, if nothing else...
  3. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    "Well Eysseth was flyin' as smooth as she ...could?" Jacob braces himself against his Wyvern as the island shakes. Looking around Jacob's gaze turns skyward. Atop the tip of the island's highest peak sits the great dragon Valoo. The dragon roars and blows fire in all directions. "Oh shit...Eysseth?" With worry on his face he looks up at his Wyvern.

Eysseth's bright blue eyes are double their normal size as the Wyvern stares at the raging dragon. She steps back one step before flailing her wings wildly yelping and making all manner of other noises in fear. 'Dragon. Fire. Pain. Fear. Fear. No!'

"Eysseth! Calm down girl!" Jacob pulls with all his might to keep his Wyvern on the ground. "It's okay girl! Will tha two o' youns give me a hand 'ere?" Digging his boots into the ground Jacob pulls as hard as he can barely managing to keep himself and his Wyvern from being swept away by the Wyvern's flailing.
  4. UnnamedDude

3DS Friend Code:
    2981-6385-7964
    Abigail came closer to the wyvern, putting a hand on the side of her face. "Hey, hey, take it easy," she said softly, stroking Eysseth. She tried to think of it as just petting a very large dog. Elaine, meanwhile, tried to set aside her nausea to half-heartedly massage the dragon's side. "Why is she so scared?" asked the latter girl. "Isn't she a dragon, too? If anything it seems like she'd be most equipped to survive where we're going..."

"Not necessarily..." Abigail chimed in. "Valoo is probably stronger than her, and we're not sure how much room we'll have inside the... volcano." she said the last word slowly, as though she were just realizing the reality of that situation. It still instilled some amount of dread in her to know what they were about to do. Was this thing even stable with the earthquakes...? Would it be even remotely safe inside? ...Probably not.
  5. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    'No, no..dragon...kill...' Eysseth blinks a few times. '...she called me a dragon...' Eysseth looks down at the Elaine girl. Jacob stops pulling and starts laughing at his Wyvern.

"She ain't a dragon. Ol' Eysseth 'ere's a Wyvern." Jacob pulls his Wyvern to an overhang to where she can't see Valoo laughing the entire time as she glares at Elaine. "It just burns 'er up when people call 'er a dragon." The old Hylian pulls on Eysseth's head enough to get her to look over at him. With a smirk he slaps the side of her face lightly causing her to flinch a little and playfully nip at Jacob's face.

Jacob continues to explain, "Ya see. Wyverns, although powerful ta us Hylians, 're much weaker than Dragons. Many Dragons actually brutalize Wyverns and Drakes as...I believe I read it...forgeries of their perfection. Anyways I ain't sure exactly what happened, but I believe Eysseth was attacker er something an' whenever she sees a Dragon she freezes in fear. Big winged chicken ya ask me. Ha!" Eysseth glares at Jacob before lightly biting Jacob and picking him up by the head. After shaking him a few times she drops the old guard with a huff and looks away from him. "Suppose I deserved that. Shall we continue then?"
  6. UnnamedDude

3DS Friend Code:
    2981-6385-7964
    "Right..." Elaine was beginning to regain her composure now that she'd had a little time on relatively steady ground. She straightened her robes and turned to the cliff face. They stared into a yawning chasm in the rock. A small opening in the ground revealed a staircase leading deep into the earth and flame. The girls collectively gulped as they descended.

As they neared the bottom, a hot blast of air emanated from the dungeon. Abigail held a hand in front of her face as a drop of sweat rolled down her cheek. She was glad they had earlier obtained the help of the island's sage, Veran; she couldn't imagine the heat without her blessing.

The first room consisted of a circular platform floating upon glowing, red-hot lava, and connected to two rooms via small land bridges. Thankfully the magma was dormant and didn't show signs of movement or eruption. The center of the platform, meanwhile, had a small indentation, surrounded by ancient, enigmatic symbols. The other side of the platform was locked tightly, metal bars blocking any entrance. Above it lied a diamond inscribed with an eye-shaped insignia.

Abigail tested the bars, first. As expected, she found no reaction to pushing or pulling them. "Umm." She started, looking around. "What around here can we use...?" Elaine, meanwhile, fixed her gaze on the eye switch. "Stand aside." She drew her bow and took careful aim, releasing and letting fly a single arrow. Upon contact, the eye closed, and there was a bright blue flash from the middle of the room. Elaine didn't know what to make of this until Abigail dove and knocked her to the ground. "Hey, wai--"

A bolt singed the ground where the former girl had been standing, and she whipped her head around to see a robed figure holding out a gnarled hand, its face obscured from view by its large hat.
  7. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    Jacob regains his sense of balance and is able to stand up as the girls enter the cavern. "Ready ya big chicken?" Laughing the Hylian pats his Wyvern's head as he makes his way down the stairway. Luckily the stairway is large enough to fit Eysseth without much contortion.

"Out o' tha fryin' pan...inta tha oven." Sweat begins to bead on Jacob's forehead as he makes the hellish decent into the depths. Rotating his shoulder of the arm holding the shield Jacob gets ready for whatever he may face. It wasn't long before it would be needed.

His speeds down the stairs as he hears something hit the ground in the room the girls were alone in. "Wizzrobe!" Unsheathing his sword the guard points his challenge to the wizard. The wizard charges up another bolt of energy aimed at the prone girl on the floor. "Like hell ya will." Roughly pulling the girl back and bearing his shield the bolt bounces off the mirrored surface hitting the ground a short distance away from Jacob.
  8. UnnamedDude

3DS Friend Code:
    2981-6385-7964
    Abigail trembled and thanked Jacob. Elaine, meanwhile, scrabbled up and fired back on the Wizzrobe. The bolt of magic screeched towards it as it turned and disappeared. The mage girl scanned the room for any sign of it, but it was the girl from the caves who found the enemy re-materializing. She sprung forward, hiking stick in tow, and spun with it. "Hyaaa!"

The wave knocked the wizard flat on his face, and Elaine quickly followed up with an icy projectile. The monster twitched as it was struck, then disappeared in a final flash of light. For several tense seconds, the girls kept their eyes on the far corners of the room, watching for any sign of the enemy. This time, however, the wizzrobe did not reappear.

Or rather, not in the same manner. After a moment had passed, a bright light shined from the center of the room once more, and another wizzrobe appeared.

"Wh-what?" Abigail stuttered, performing a cartwheel away from one of its magical shots. Elaine was equally unamused; that switch she'd triggered must have made this room continually spawn the terrible things! The rich girl surveyed the chamber, desperate for something, anything she'd missed. On each end was a crystal switch, which she was fairly certain had not been there before. She launched a blast at the crystal ball in experimentation, but after a moment its glow died without much effect. She took a look at the other one, and her eyes flashed.

"Jacob! Use your shield! Then I can hit this one..." she drew an arrow and aimed for the crystal. Abigail, meanwhile, danced around the wizzrobe's attacks, keeping it away from her robed ally.
  9. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    Jacob nods before turning his attention to the Wizzrobe at hand. "'Ey! Wizzrobe. Bet ya can't hit an old man like me!" Glowing eyes from within the hood turn to Jacob before the Wizzrobe disappears. "Where are ya...ya sonofabitch."

With a cackling laughter the Wizzrobe appears behind Jacob just before having a Mirror Shield coming for him. Barely dodging the shield the robed wizard charges up a bolt of energy as Jacob brings his shield back to his chest. The energy bolt is fired from the gnarled fingers of the Wizzrobe hitting the Mirrored shield at an angle.

Across the room the Wizzrobe keep firing at Abigail unaware of the energy bolt coming at it. At the last second the Wizzrobe steps back and the energy bolt whizzes past its face hitting the crystal switch with a metallic clang flipping the switch from white to yellow opening the door.
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2014
  10. UnnamedDude

3DS Friend Code:
    2981-6385-7964
    The light once more flashed, but this time it gradually dulled and faded, and the Wizzrobes made a strange hissing noise to greet it. But as it did so the door rumbled its way open and the Wizzrobes, now angered, redoubled their efforts to repulse the invaders. A bolt caught Abigail mid-dodge and sent her tumbling to the ground with a shriek of pain.

Elaine gritted her teeth and formed an orb of ice in the air, suspended. Then she thrust forward and it barreled towards a Wizzrobe in retaliation. Caught in the blast of frigid air, it froze momentarily. Then she charged her grimoire again, this time with flames. The Wizzrobe broke free in time to be seared by the heat and begone in a puff of smoke. Now she had to neutralize the second. She scanned the room but found nothing...

She was rewarded with her efforts by a bolt to the back. She cried out in pain and turned to see the second charging another attack. She couldn't use another, and an arrow would be too slow...

But Abigail stalked behind it silently. Without a word she jabbed at it with her hiking stick, first at its head, then its torso, then leading into a body blow. Disoriented, the Wizzrobe turned about to see what had hit it.