Don't Drown

Discussion in 'Classic Dungeons' started by Saria, Dec 17, 2014.

1. Saria

Saria Severely Acute Radical Syndrome reg

Navina examined the cavernous room she had just entered. It was near the top of the temple, and after swimming around with armor on, she appreciated the chance to see some sunlight. She had a feeling that this temple had multiple entrances and exits considering it was so well ingrained into a natural cave system.

The room lacked enemies, but had a large amount of stalactites and stalagmites in it. A pool of water sat in the center of it. Navina sighed. There were pools of water in the majority of these rooms, weren't there? She looked around before walking to the pool and sitting down, taking off her shoes and wringing out her socks to try to get some moisture out of it. She grimaced.

Rocks fell from the ceiling and Navina looked towards the noise. She followed the pattern of rocks as they fell, noticing that they were falling in a line.. was something on the roof? She quickly put back on her socks and shoes before pulling down her visor and rising to her feet.

She withdrew her equipment of Hylian make and waited, her eyes narrowed.
  2. Guy

Guy Admin admin

A pair of wooden feet plopped awkwardly across the surface of the lake once, twice, three times, before--womp--landing safely on the roof of this submerged palace. Guy groaned, rubbing his temples. Was this really worth it? Supposedly, in this temple, was something that could protect him from water... but to do it, he had to enter a place that was probably half submerged in water. There were probably plenty of other treasures in it too. Even if the rumors of water-protection were false, he should still be make out like the bandit he was.

Probably.

The roof that spread before his eyes was dyed a light orange as the sun was beginning to set. Hopping from island to island was his chosen means of getting here--any boat was liable to float off. Still, it bothered him that he had to wait until the tide was low to get back... well... assuming he didn't find what he needed. As expected, the ancient roof was already filled with cracks, holes, and other openings. He wondered if it would even be able to support its own weight if it wasn't for all that... water...

He tried not to shudder.

Guy glided across the roof--trying to ignore how mossy and wet it looked. Reaching a rather steep portion, he deactivated his hover boots in favor of his Wall-Walking ability. His tiny feet echoed audibly beneath him, cluing him that the area must've been an open. Finding the nearest hole, he abruptly popped his head in... to see... a Gerudo? Staring right at him, no less.

"...Ohi," he announced to her, blankly. He felt somewhat at ease, seeing how she didn't seem to have a bow or any other ranged weaponry. It was also quite a while since he had seen a remotely-attractive woman who wasn't also insane, so he took his chances by saying more than one word. "What are you doing here?" So smooth.
  3. Saria

Her grip tightened as she watched the rocks fall closer and closer to an opening in the ceiling. Suddenly, a Deku Scrub poked its head through the hole. Navina loosened the grip on her weapons, but kept them drawn. When he spoke, she dropped her ready stance. Well, she assumed the scrub was a male from its voice, but she didn't often talk to Deku Scrubs... and this one had long hair...

"... Do you have a Zora Tunic or other such item?" She shouted back, ignoring his question for the moment. Navina looked around the room. She had been exploring for a few hours and she already knew this was no place for a Deku Scrub. Their bodies were ridiculously vulnerable to water. Not only did she not want to see someone die unnecessarily, she didn't want to deal with the paperwork of having someone die unnecessarily when she was on an official assignment. To be fair, though, her intentions were for the majority were quite genuine.

She looked back up, noticing he had not come down yet. "Go if you don't, it's not safe." She didn't want to continue this conversation or answer any questions yelling to the ceiling.
  4. Guy

Guy Admin admin

Well, it seemed she wasn't lost and in need of help. So much for being able to rescue a princess. Guy sighed. These sorts of people always seemed to automatically look down on him, which reminded him why he was usually annoyed with them in the first place. His little wooden body acrobatically flipped into the hole, latching both boots onto the ceiling as he sealed them there with his Wall-Walking ability. His long leaf-hair dangled upside-down as he looked at her, then around the room.

"Actually," he began, not treating this different from small talk, "I'm here looking for just that. Rumors, you know. Maybe Silver Scales, at least. If not, there's probably a few things here I could sell to buy a Zora Tunic..." Guy thought for a minute. That would mean he would have to wear a shirt, of all things. Hopefully armor could still function if it was a scarf... and also a red color... Jeez, he'd have to change his outfit just to avoid being subjected to the lethal weakness his entire race shared. What a pain.

After observing the room--which was, of course, damp as hell--Guy surmised there were a couple doors and holes he could try going through. Conveniently enough, there was even one other Deku Scrub-sized hole near the ceiling, which he abruptly headed towards. Looking over his shoulder, he made eye contact with the Gerudo again, "I don't suppose you've seen anything like that?"
  5. Saria

Navina watched the scrub scale the ceiling. She squinted her eyes at him. This was the exact reason why she often disliked dealing with Deku Scrubs - no manners. What ever happened to facing someone and having a conversation face to face on the ground?

".. there's a possibility, yes," She said. Honestly, she might have seen something that Guy was looking for... she just didn't know it if that was the case. Treasure wasn't her gain here and she was ignoring the chests that spawned after she had defeated a worthy foe. There was always a chance she could backtrack... but by now what if something else had wandered into those rooms? Besides, Navina had a higher priority than showing a treasure hunter around.

Navina turned away from the Deku. He obviously looked like he was about to leave, so why shouldn't she? Navina began to move towards one of the few doors in the room before stopping.

"... I'm required to inform you that the conditions you are entering are not suitable for an unequipped Deku Scrub"
  6. Guy

Guy Admin admin

A moment before entering the next room, the Scrub stopped for a moment. "Required?" Guy turned around, examining her quizzically. "...You don't look like you're part of the Hyrule Guard." For better or worse, he was all too familiar with the guard. She might've been some kind of rogue or undercover agent, but if so, it would seem particularly strange for her to show concern over some random Deku Scrub.

Somewhat hesitantly, he flipped off the ceiling. His Hover Boots gave him a soft enough landing from this distance--though his calves still weren't too happy about dropping over a dozen feet. "Anyway, I do appreciate your concern," he said, reluctantly. He didn't exactly like asking for help, but realized someone that didn't drown so easily could be of assistance to him. Not to mention, if she was for some reason 'required' to inform him of danger, she might also feel at least 'obligated' to protect him from harm. "...well, assuming you're concerned, I guess." It was pretty rare, Guy abruptly realized, that anyone gave a shit about whether or not he died unless he owed them something.

He lowered his head to one side, slightly, trying to see under whatever was covering up her eyes. It bothered him, a bit, for her to be able to see his eyes, but him not see hers. It didn't seem like she was blind, either. He sighed, giving up on the endeavor, and lifted his head back up. "...Anyway, I explained for my reason for being here." He shrugged, "I think it's pretty justified. What about you?"
  7. Saria

She stopped walking when she heard the scrub's comment. Navina's grip on her weapon tightened and her lips pursed. She was clearly offended.

Navina turned slowly towards the Deku when she heard his boots thump to the ground, taking the time to relax her posture and inhale deeply. The fact he was no longer able to jump down onto her appeased her momentarily. She put away her weapons. No sense in having them drawn if the man wasn't going to try to attack her... Besides, she was quite sure she could withdraw her weapons faster than he could draw his.

She remained silent, watching him and listening intently. Her gaze was stern, a frown visible on her face, but even without her eyes visible it was clear to see she was genuinely interested in what this scrub had to say and did not interrupt. Her body language was calm enough. Although he was rude, she wasn't.

"... Population control," she said slowly, but amicably. She crossed her arms and flashed a small but genuine smile at the Deku, her teeth surprisingly straight and bright. She took extra care of them, considering she didn't have half of her face to worry about most of the time when it came to keeping up appearances. "Why you assume such ill intent? It's my job, of course, to inf0rm you. But I am genuinely concerned. More so, now, knowing that you enter into this place without the proper equipment... but I am glad you seek it out." Her smile grew as she watched him attempt to inspect up her visor. She dipped her head down even more to make the feat impossible... but she appreciated the effort.

She began to turn towards the door, but then stopped, turning back to continue the conversation. Her happy demeanor was gone, and she was trying her best to remain as natural as possible as she spoke. "... but yes, I might not look the part, but I am a member of said organization." Her voice dropped. ".. of course, if I seem ill equipped to assist, I apologize. I promise you this is not the case... however, the squad I'm part of doesn't have the funds necessary to outfit all members with the latest, most recognizable gear." She glanced down at him. "... Please follow, if you want assistance to your treasure. It'd be.. irresponsible for me to allow you to go alone." She paused. "Just like it is irresponsible to assume things based on appearances." It was more of a reminder to herself than to Guy. She breathed heavily, a tinge of sadness escaping her.

"... what reason have you given me so far for me not to trust you? Are you distrustful in general, or do you make such judgements based on physical attributes? " She started moving towards the door, her next words nearly whispered. "... Although my question seems rude, assumptions, Sir, are much more so."

She shook her head. Although Navina was trusting, she was not naive, and made sure to keep her eye on Guy. As much as she could preach, getting back stabbed by one to many Deku Scrubs makes anyone uneasy around them. She felt unnecessarily exhausted. Too many words in such a short period of time.... another reason why she hated going to these types places alone. Taking strangers was more tiring than battle. "... I apologize, your life is yours to waste, but please don't be hesitant to follow." She just... wanted to get this job done with.
  8. Guy

Guy Admin admin

Guy's eyes widened a bit. She certainly seemed... high strung... very high strung. Sometimes it was easy for him to forget that people like this prided themselves on having honor and a conscious, and weren't ashamed of it. Maybe he was hanging around Sienna too much. In part, he realized that he did judge her based on appearance--just as she had done to him. Was that worth an apology? Probably not, in his mind, but it sounded like this woman wanted one anyway.

"Sorry," he said with a shrug, "I guess I shouldn't peg you as a typical Gerudo." In truth, this was probably the second-strangest... well, maybe third... Gerudo he's ever met. He ran his fingers through what looked like hair, "I mean, I'm not exactly a normal Deku Scrub, either." After running his fingers through his hair, they ran down to his Adventure Pouch. He considered trying to whip out some exotic weapon to exhibit that point--but assumed this high-strung person would get the completely wrong idea and assume he was trying to threaten her, or something. After considering his options, his hand just found his Mirror Shield instead, pulling it out and strapping it to his left arm as usual. A blade was at his hip if he needed it, anyway.

He began to follow her as she went towards the doorway. Apparently they were working together now? He had no complaints. But when she unexpectedly stopped, he just barely kept himself from stumbling forward and looking like the incompetent Deku Scrub he was trying to prove he was not. Clearing his throat, he continued to answer her question, "I... travel a lot, you could say." Trying to gauge her reaction, he turned his head slightly--he really had to get sunglasses, or something. "I meet many people, and many creatures. Most of them are hostile. It seems safest, for me anyway, to assume anyone in the middle of an area as desolate as this would be hostile unless proven otherwise." He continued, trying--and probably failing--to seem polite or proper or whatever it was he thought she expected him to be. "Regardless of how you appear, you could have been someone who just liked to see Deku Scrubs burn. Should you have launched some kind of fire spell at me, I would probably be dead already, and you would suffer no repercussion for my murder."

His eyes narrowed, slightly. He was pretty sure she wasn't going to turn around and murder him, but, still, revealing the fact he was completely at her mercy unnerved him more than he would have liked. At the end of the day, she was twice his height, had thrice as much armor, and didn't have half the lethal weaknesses he did. He considered himself a good fighter, but, it seemed better to just propel outta here if she abruptly went berserk on him. She didn't even seem to have something he would've wanted to steal, anyway.

"Anyway," he began to slide forward, hovering a split-inch above the ground, before reaching the door, and bowing slightly. "Would it be rude to say ladies' first?" He successfully kept himself from grimacing.
  9. Saria

"I've been trying not to use the words typical and normal as of late... I know how it feels to be judged based on an arbitrary trait one can't change," She said, before rolling her eyes at Guy's display. The bow was unnecessary. Had he done it to mock her? She paused before she turned the doorknob. "... However, if what you say is true, I would welcome listening to you speak of your adventures during our time together. My encounters with Deku Scrubs has been... limited," she said softly with a frown, opening the door. Asking people about themselves and listening to their history meant she didn't need to answer questions about her own past. People tended to like to talk about themselves.

The room was one Navina had visited before, and the familiar decor made her grimace. The room was actually one large, enclosed, curving river of stale water. She unconsciously rubbed the back of her neck, remembering where the Skullfish in the water tried to attack her the most. The Gerudo looked down at the Deku scrub. He had had scaled the walls moments before, so she figured this would be a nonissue for him. She was more concerned for other parts of the temple.

"I promise you, I am not the type to want to see anyone burn," Navina said, looking down at the man with a quizzical expression. People like that made her sick. She sighed, "... the disproportionate amount of tax fraud cases I have to deal with regarding Deku Scrubs aside, I don't hate anything intrinsically, and I'll do my best to assume you won't try to kill me until you prove otherwise." She smiled slightly at him before continuing, ".. even if I could set you on fire, I would not want to see you used as timber. It would be a waste." EVERY LIFE WAS PRECIOUS. UNLESS PROVEN OTHERWISE.

Navina frowned, turning away from Guy to look down at the water again. She was unfortunately done talking, not out of the fact that she didn't want to speak to him, but because she had bigger priorities and it was best they got going. .. But she had welcomed the delay. She hated water. It got her things wet and weighed her down.. and more importantly, her hair became unmanageable after swimming.

"... There will likely be a Chu or two to deal with once there is land to stand on again, please be careful," she said, before walking into the water and beginning to swim, pulling out her curved sword to deal with any stray fish on the way.
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2014
  10. Guy

Guy Admin admin

Guy shrugged, idly, after the bow. It was so difficult to please some people. Regardless, he followed her into the next room, peering around, before reaching up to shut the door behind him. It was almost strange how there wasn't even a Keese in here jumping out at them.

He glanced up at her, smirking a bit. "Don't worry, I don't earn a normal paycheck anyway. I couldn't commit tax fraud even if I desired it." After making the joke, he realized she probably wouldn't appreciate it, and tried thinking of something else to talk about. He considered telling her a story about the time he and another Deku Scrub fought a gigantic pair of demonic worms atop a Stone Tower years ago, or more recently when he managed to survive against a gigantic monstrous bongo-drummer alongside an insane Deku Scrub and an even more insane Picori who thought he was a bumblebee. He thought better of either, though, as she moved towards the water. He struggled not to shudder as she waded into it.

"You too," he said. He assumed it would be harder for her to fight underwater than for him to fight upside-down. He was about to make his way to the wall, before abruptly stopping and turning towards her, "By the way, my name is Guy." He glanced at her, not really expecting her to deny him her name. "So, nice to meet you," he said, hiding the fact he was uncomfortable being so cordial. "I guess I'll see you on the other side," he said, moving away.

A minute or two later, Guy was steadily scurrying up along the ceiling. Every once in a while, he glanced down to make sure the knight was fine. There was a good twenty feet or more between them, so there wasn't much he could do to assist other than, say, maybe summon a single Keese and throw it down there. Still, he felt oddly concerned for her safety... probably because, to him, it was as if she was wading through magma down there.

Guy weaved across a handful of crumbling parts of the ceiling, a few broken pillars, and a handful stalactites. There was even one slumbering Keese that apparently hadn't noticed them enter, but it was cut asunder a few seconds after it had noticed Guy. Considering he didn't have to overcome current, it wasn't much of a surprise he reached the other end first.

The room at the top was roughly a twenty foot cube, with one side that opened up into the chasm which featured the river running downwards, twisting through a long corridor down to where the two of them had entered. The river itself was a few feet deep, but was fed by a large puddle less than six inches deep. The puddle filled this cubic room, fed through a portcullis on the far side. It seemed to get further, they'd need to find a way through that gate. First, however, there were a pair of blue Tektites skidding across the puddle's surface below...

It seemed one of them had noticed Guy, but hadn't made any effort to reach nor dodge him. Did it not even consider him a threat? As he tried to position himself over it, however, both of the spiders skittered a few feet away... so he couldn't just drop right on top of them, unfortunately. Instead, he let go of the ceiling, dropping wildly straight towards the ground. He watched the Tektite intently, judging it, knowing it would see him fall and take the opportunity to pounce. A poor mistake to make. A split-second before Guy hit the ground, his entire body flashed yellow, and he propelled forth like a bullet, shooting into the Tektite sword-first with great force, slicing clean through half its hide as it attempted to pounce. It went down quickly.

Guy flipped, landed, and slid across the massive puddle, his Hover Boots doing little to stop his velocity. His shield-hand braced against the far wall, watching the remaining Tektite. He shuddered with discomfort as he felt droplets of water running down his calves--trying to consciously remind himself such a small puddle posted no threat to him. Meanwhile, the remaining Tektite was bounced towards him. He waited for it, catching his breath until he could Propel again. At the very least, it seemed completely distracted from the river now, so his apparent ally would have a clear means of wading up here.
  11. Saria

As Navina waded through the water, she watched Guy speed ahead. She winced when the Keese he killed hit the water, but she was grateful when the Bonefish went after its corpse instead of her. She watched the flesh get chewed up and immediately float back through the bones of the creatures.

She waded out of the river, and as soon as her foot hit land she focused on the Tektite. Moments later, her curved sword flew out of its sheath at an incredible speed and began to tremble and an odd sound escaped her. Navina's body shot forward faster than expected of a woman in full armor and a moment later the creature was cut in half, dead in an instant. She smiled and returned to a relaxed stance. A clean kill. However, once she glanced down at Guy's feet, her smile faded
    "... you're going to have to move if you want to get to your treasure." she said, pointing towards his feet. The tile he was standing on was pressure sensitive.. and Guy being a Deku wasn't enough to trigger it. Navina glanced around the room before spying a column. She inhaled deeply before walking over to it and pushing it towards the plate. However, before she pushed it to lock it into place to open the gate, she stopped.

Navina looked back at Guy, and then slowly pulled out through the neck of her armor a leather book the size of a check book along with a pencil. She flipped through it, carefully reading each page before moving on. Someone familiar with getting one would realize that she was flipping through carbon copies of citations and tickets."... What's your last name?" She watched him carefully, and silently counted the seconds it took for him to respond.
  12. Guy

Guy Admin admin

Guy sighed, pensively, "Not that I'm under any obligation to answer you, but it's Bugman. It's not as if I can't guess what you're doing." He shrugged, and sighed again, "You can tell me your last name if you want, but I'm not going to interrogate you over it." He proceeded to move towards the pillar in her absence.

It seemed the knight had grown disinterested in advancing any further in this place. Guy guessed 'population control' wasn't a very engaging pursuit, or at least not for her. It was probably more fun to nitpick every little thing her makeshift companion did and said. If she wasn't able to submerge underwater, he wondered if he would still be in this situation. She was certainly... attractive... at least physically. He preferred the usual Gerudo garb over Hyrulean armor, though--and not being able to see her eyes was a bit unnerving. How did she even see like that?

With a huff, Guy pushed his back up against the pillar. His short wooden legs pushed hard against the ground, thighs flexing to slide the pillar over the ground. Thankfully the water seemed to lubricate the ground a bit, making this a bit easier for him--but surely not as easy as it would've been for a Gerudo warrior. Eventually he managed to move it to where it needed to be. Breathing heavily, Guy reached down to flick his Hover Boots back on. As the gate slide open--of course it did--Guy skated over towards it, still catching his breath. He glanced back at her. his face skewed slightly--hopefully she wasn't about to cuff him or something.
  13. Saria

"I don't have a last name, Sir," she said as she flipped through few more pages, watching and listening to Guy speak before feeling satisfied enough to wrap the book back up. "Gave it up." Unlucky for Guy her book was pretty waterproof, because of magic or some other circumstance, Navina cared little. "... And I apologize, I've overheard that name recently around my post, but not associated with your last name. I apologize, it must have been... a different Guy, then," She said, a smile creeping on her face at the pun. She returned the book back through the neck of her armor and into her bra. The safest place. However, watching the Deku move the pillar made her feel a little guilty, and the look he shot her even more so. However, despite her guilt, Navina's smile faded once more, her tone and face turning very grim.

".. the income tax applies to any and all acquisitions, including those gained in adventures. I could write you quite a ticket with quite a hefty fine for failing to mail in the taxable rupees derived from the cash value of your treasures," she said. She looked Guy over again. "... from the looks of it, you appear to be quite the respected adventurer." It was a compliment, but considering the circumstances, not the best one. Navina's hands slowly moved towards her cuffs before she spoke again. "...If I wanted to, I could justifiably haul you to jail now for tax fraud." To be honest, she didn't agree with the majority of the rules involving rupees she had to enforce. She hated the the laws that had loopholes even more so. But rules were rules, and it was her job to enforce them.. most of the time. She looked at Guy again. ... Did she really want to send another Deku Scrub to jail for trying to scam the government out of a few petty rupees? "... but, seeing as you appear to have a clean record Mr. Bugman, I'll let it slide..." A smile creeped to her face and she wagged a finger at him, her demeanor much more relaxed than before. ".. For now, of course."

She moved through the gate the Guy just opened. Navina's feet splashed on the ground as she walked through the hallway. After walking for a few yards down another curving path, she stopped suddenly and held her hand down to stop Guy once they reached entrance another expansive room. It was obvious now where the river was coming from as a giant lake-like body of water was spread out before them, Navina and Guy on the last bit of land before the lake dropped off suddenly. There were various islands of rock, but the three doors in the room were all separated by the great body of water. Navina pointed towards the bottom of it.

"... there's your chest," she said. Suddenly, she swiped at her nose. Something wet had dripped onto it. Her head turned upwards, and her eyes slowly noticed the trickling ooze that was beginning to accumulate through the cracks on the ceiling above them. ".. You take care of this. Do not fall in." She said before inhaling deeply and jumping into the water.
  14. Guy

Guy Admin admin

Guy looked for an opening to ask, 'Then what's your first name?' Of course, before he could, she just dove into the water like some kind of freaking fish. A chill ran down his spine. He decided against later describing to her the various loopholes he routinely exploited and could use if necessary, much less that Gustav the Business Scrub helped him legally avoid such fees on a routine basis. It didn't much matter. Even if she didn't like it, it was still technically legal... or at least... he was fairly certain it was.

With a shrug, he knew a throwing knife and watched the ceiling. A Chuchu? It hit the floor with a plop--the common, worthless purple variety. It wasn't even a Dark Chu. They were hardly very interesting opponents... regardless of the variety of chu they were. Even if it was the electrified, jumping kind, Guy already knew all he had to do was keep from getting jumped on. Yet, this one barely even jumped, it just kinda slid around on the ground and attempted to look like a menacing, slow-moving pile of fecal matter. After throwing a few knives, Guy shuffled over to dig them out of the now-dead goop. It wasn't exactly a satisfying kill, but he supposed he should be grateful it wasn't something more lethal...

He glanced over the water, seeing what's-her-name cruising along like some kind of Zora. His eyes moved across the stone platforms, grimacing slightly. It would probably be easier to just walk across the walls than to hop across the water--safer, too. Would it be wiser to wait for her to return? He didn't have much hope she would find a Zora Tunic just laying in there... Guy gazed down into the water, crossed his arms, and waited.

(Sorry terrible post is terrible.)
  15. Saria

She dove down towards the chest. Swimming in armor was the literal worst. At least it made her sink faster. She reached the bottom of the lake and quickly opened up the treasure chest.. finding... a scale? She grimaced as the thing started to float out of its watery prison. She quickly grabbed it and shoved it somewhere safe on her person before it could escape. The immediate feeling of death by drowning left her for some odd reason when she grabbed the scale, realizing that she should have felt the need to go up for air by now. Strange.

Her contemplation left her unaware for a few moments, a few moments too many for a Shell Blade to charge at her. Navina turned around as fast as she could in the water, but it was already too late when the clam creature sucked her in. Of course she would be swallowed by something underwater, rendering her helpless while her only companion was a Deku Scrub. She thrashed around inside the cramped clam for a sword, either one of hers would do. Her eyes grew wide when her hand finally found one's hilt and quickly took it out, slashing it around wildly in an attempt to harm the beast's insides. It opened its mouth, its tongue floating up along with and Navina as she swam desperately towards the surface. Her lungs felt like they were about to burst.

When she reached the surface her mouth opened to gulp down some much needed oxygen. The air felt like the most welcome thing in the world and Navina was grateful for the fact that she wasn't dead. Wet, but not dead. She swam on the surface towards wherever Guy was standing, happy to see he took care of the jelly creature. She hopped up onto the platform and immediately began to wring out her hair. She looked down at Guy, and for a moment she had forgotten he had existed. Hair was distracting.

"I apologize, I don't think I found anything helpful," she said, stopping to wring out her hair to grab the scale out of her neck. It seemed like if it was small item, it went directly next to Navina's breasts for safekeeping. She held it out for Guy to take it. She had no interest in the treasure here. She gave him a small smile, "Worth a few rupees, I suppose?" People were interested in rupees, right? Right.
  16. Guy

Guy Admin admin

Guy's wooden fingers slowly reached for the scale. He endeavored to not stare at the wet, glistening, ample cleavage hovering mere inches from his face--and behind a layer of armor. He succeeded insofar as that his hand managed to reach for the scale and not for her chest. With an uncomfortable clearing of his throat, he glanced away, pretending to hold the scale up to the light so he could better see it.

"A silver... scale." As he looked upon it, he felt a strange sensation. The sensation seeped into him, somehow--it was as if water wasn't really as unsettling as he thought it to be. If memory served, Sienna once talked about making Zora Armor out of these--but he was unsure if only one would be enough. It seemed to be at least worthwhile to see if he could find more. Where there was one, there was likely to be several, right?

Finally, he glanced back towards the woman again. Of course, now she was wringing out her wet, thick, luscious Gerudo hair. Dindamnit. Guy wondered why it was when fleshy women became wet, they somehow seemed so much more attractive? Was it because of some sort of taboo? Maybe it was because they could do something he couldn't do, and that power seemed... appealing... Why was he thinking about this? He had almost forgotten that by this time tomorrow, she would probably want to put him behind bars for some petty crime he likely committed before she was born. Fuck. Does this make me a dirty old man?

He looked away again, trying to distract himself with the mildly-terrifying sight of lethally deep water. "Th-thanks," he cleared his throat again. "I'm not sure if it's valuable or not, but it seems to be the sort of thing my sister would like..." He trailed off, before moving towards the nearest wall, and hopping up onto it, "...Anyway, I'm ready to go when you are. As soon as you're done... drying off." He shuddered at the thought of her drying off, albeit for more reasons than one.
  17. Saria

Navina was, is, and will probably continue to stay oblivious to Guy's attraction to her. It wasn't her fault, she just.. wasn't good on picking up on those sorts of things. Probably for the best. She smiled at him as she watched him inspect it. It wasn't a Zora tunic, but he seemed pleased with the prize, and that was good enough for her.

"Of course," she said, looking towards the platforms and whatever doors were in the room. She touched her hair again. What was even the point of wringing it out? She was bound to get it wet soon enough in this place anyways. Navina looked at Guy and then pointed to a door she had not been in before backing up as far as she could on the platform she was on. She then ran, trying to give herself some momentum to just barely make the jump to the next island. She cursed as her feet hit the ground. Armor was so bulky. She knew she would have been already at the other side if it wasn't for it slowing her down. Navina looked up at Guy apologetically for the slow pace she had set. It was weird how he was able to scale the wall like it was floor. Navina again prepared and then jumped to another platform. She would continue this until she made it to where the door she originally pointed at was.

"You have a sister?" she said, her voice raspy. She cleared her throat and tried to mask the fact that she was trying to catch her breath. Not only had she jumped those platforms with armor on, she had done it twice in the past hour. Hair was worth protecting. "What's her name?" She asked in an effort to make more small talk.

.. it then occurred to Navina that she had never actually given her name to this gentleman. If he had wanted it, he would have asked, right?
  18. Guy

Guy Admin admin

Guy calmly walked along the curved surface of the wall, blatantly defying gravity. It was strangely easier to walk on ceilings than on walls--his legs had to keep gravity from pushing him onto his side. Still, it seemed to him easier than what she was doing. Agile as he himself was, it didn't exactly seem like an easy feat to leap around in full armor. It was... impressive.

He immediately realized mentioning Sienna was a bad idea, and admitting her name would probably be even worse. He didn't meddle in his sister's personal affairs, but just given her... tendencies... she was probably wanted for at least a few counts of murder. Making a fake name probably would have been easier, but he found a good opportunity to change the subject. "That reminds me," his eyes averted slightly, "You never told me your name?"

Near the far wall, Guy effortlessly flipped off the wall and landed on the tile floor adjacent to it. The floor here was damp--mossy--but it didn't quite bother him as much as before. Maybe it was because of that strange scale? Probably. Or maybe he was just distracted, what with suddenly realizing he was alone with a beautiful Gerudo woman who also happened to be a knight. How taboo.

Trying to avoid thinking about the subject his mind obviously wanted to think about, he instead looked towards the door--or, he now realized, pair of adjacent doors. Reaching for one of the parallel doorknobs, he slowly creaked it open and peeked inside. There was a vile, disgusting, squishing sound coming inside. A chill ran down his spine. He didn't much want to think about what was making that sound, but it was obviously... alive...
  19. Saria

"Ah," she said, happy that the Deku Scrub asked for her name. "Navina." She noticed that he didn't mention anything more about his sister, but she didn't press. She did ask just for the sake of small talk. Maybe it was a touchy subject for him. She watched Guy open the door and peer inside. The opened door allowed Navina to hear the same squishing noise... and it made her more uncomfortable than she cared to admit. She awkwardly began to open the other door adjacent to Guy, trying to get a look at whatever creature was creating such awful sounds.

She entered the room, and saw a beetle like creature bouncing inside what appeared to be water. The sound of the door opening made it spin around in its bubble. Navina unknowingly let out a noise of disgust at seeing its face. It was ugly, even for a beetle.. and it kept on making those obscene noises. Then it winked. Or at least she could have sworn it winked at her. She shivered, obviously unnerved. Although she was waiting for the Deku to enter the room first, Navina wasn't going to allow this creature to exist for much longer. She brandished her curved sword and ran towards the beast, ignoring Guy. The only thing that mattered right now was silencing this.. this thing.

She was surprised when the bubble began to hop towards her as well.. but she didn't stop running. She raised her sword and slashed down onto the bubble, only for her sword to be thrown out of her hands as if she had just tried to slice a brick wall. Her eyes widened in disbelief. She didn't have time to dodge as the bubble crashed into her, knocking her painfully off of her feet before bouncing past her. The Chu Worm headed straight towards Guy. Maybe it figured that a Deku Scrub would be an easy kill, considering it was encased in a pool of fatal water. Navina worked to pick herself up. How could a bubble of water hurt her so much?
  20. Guy

Guy Admin admin

"Navina.." Guy repeated the name. It seemed vaguely familiar. Perhaps he'd met someone else with that name, once.

Thankfully the creepy beetle thing seemed to distract her from prying about Sienna. Anything that kept from someone prying about his family was always a good thing. Moving into the room after her, he slowly dry a throwing knife. This enemy didn't seem too tough--at least not for someone who could swim. Then, of course, that someone's sword flew out of her hand. Great. Holy shit her sword was flying right tow--Guy abruptly dove out of the way. Even he wasn't stupid enough to try to catch a wildly-spinning sword.

His head whipped back towards the beetle-thing, only to see it charged right towards him. Dindamnit. His hand whipped through the air, knife shooting straight towards its face. As expected, the blade bounced off just like Navina's sword, and he did what any brave warrior would do in the face of an unbeatable foe--ran the fuck away. The door was too far away after dodging the sword, so he instead quickly scrambled up the nearest wall. He managed to cover two meters' height by the time its grotesque, watery bubble of death got towards him. Thankfully it didn't seem abl--Oh. COME ON.. The bubble and all soared high into the air as if it was fired out of a cannon, right above Guy. He leaped off the wall, only to be crushed beneath the plummeting orb of water.

OhDin, why did I have to die like this. Guy's eyes clenched tight. He was goddamn swimming in this. He could feel its lethal, ferocious coldness penetrating his flesh. He struggled wildly, feeling his wooden arms soaking grotesquely in water, grasping desperately to push or propel--oh right. Finally, his body flashed yellow, and she shot out of the bubble with a grotesque splash. His eyes burst open wide, panting hard as he shot across the domed room like a bullet. His Hover Boots slide to the far wall. Gasping for breath, making sure there was air in his lungs, he glanced back to that grotesque thing. It was only then that he remembered his fist smashed into his face as he propelled out of the water--and apparently done so hard enough to knock it clean out of its own bubble...