Danger Mountain [Cloudy Guys]

Discussion in 'Classic Dungeons' started by Guy, Apr 17, 2016.

1. Guy

Guy Admin admin

Danger Mountain

The blade pried unceremoniously from what must have been the sixth--seventh?--Tektite carcass it had found this morning. Guy flicked off a bit of the green blood from its surface, buffed it a tad with the edge of his scarf, and returned the weapon to its sheath with a smooth hiss.

With a sigh, he glanced back towards Julius, who was still making his way up the steep mountain trail. Sometimes he forgot how much of an advantage Propel and his Roc's Scarf gave him in situations like these. The Guard Captain was far from a young man for his race, so it was all the more impressive he was keeping them on schedule.

Giving the man a moment to catch up, the Deku Scrub himself gazed towards the overcast. In the distance, he could see their destination, a stark silhouette of a tower against what light the morning sun could bring behind it. If rumor had it, the Tower of Hera possessed not only the Moon Pearl he sought, but more clues about the Dark World... and the bizarre, invaluable secrets he believed it would contain. One could only hope.

Not that Guy himself particularly cared, but there were reports of monsters gushing out of there and disturbing the local populace of Nabooru -- so at least the Guard Captain could give his superiors an excuse to be there. The Scrub glanced to his side. "Oi," Guy said to the man as he caught up, "You can borrow my scarf if you want. It might make things easier."

A tiny Picori poked his head out from under the scarf, wearing it like a blanket, "It might not be bee-autiful, buzzt it really is cozy."

A grimace spread across Guy's dark features. One day he might be able to stomach this innocent little cretin and his puns, but today was not that day.
  2. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    His blade cleaved clean through the carapace of another Tektite. The bastards were everywhere-- were it not for the insectoid pests, they might have already made it there by now.

It didn't help that he had to keep up with an impossibly fast Deku Scrub-- if you could even call Guy that now, at least. His features weren't the most... Deku right now, what with being made, essentially, out of obsidian. Guy got lucky-- offering up his body to the Twister, and coming out of it with somewhat favourable results not only once, but twice. And he was still so damned agile. It irked Julius a certain way to see Guy being as quick and light as he shouldn't have been-- something Julius himself struggled to achieve.

Probably because he was built like a brick wall and was constantly covered in half-inch thick sheets of metal. Sometimes thicker.

An icy burst ran through a Tektite, freezing it solid in the same instant that it was sliced in twain. Offering his sword to the Twister had certainly been a good idea-- not only did its effects intrigue him to research further into materials, but it also led him to discover Master Ore-- something almost forgotten by ages past. With that material, he could replicate his sword... Not exactly, as he had already noted, but through the use of Elemental Gems, he could effectively craft a sword similar to the one in his hands now.

"Speaking of swords," Julius said to himself as he approached Guy's side, "I have a project that I've finished for your sister." He handed Guy the half-meter long blade, sheathed in wood that had been burned to depict a great beast seeming to swallow the sword as it entered the sheathe. Oranges and reds splashed across the beast itself, seeming to be on fire and alive as the case wiggled about. "It's basically my masterpiece," he bragged to himself, still admiring the care and detail that went into every facet of the blade's being.

"Feel free to check it out if you want. I could probably make you something similar to it, if you wanted-- just be careful with the blade itself. It's sharper than you would think possible... and, even though it'll regrow any damage it takes, it's still rather prone to chipping, because of the precise material I chose to use."

Julius accepted the scarf. If their surroundings were just a little different, he doubted that he'd have trouble using his Hookshot to traverse the terrain-- but in such a rocky area, there wasn't much for the hook to latch onto. "Haven't I discussed making your weapons for you, before? I think I offered to touch up Justice, or reforge it or something, back when we cleared that tomb and found Sienna's cleaver."
  3. Guy

Guy Admin admin

"Oh, yes... I vaguely remember discussing that." Guy remarked off-hand, as his hand washed over the smooth and crisp wood of the sheath. It felt so eerie--this is similar to how his own skin once felt, yet now he was something entirely different. Monstrous. The man tried to push such thoughts from his mind, instead focusing on how well crafted even the sheath was. Indeed, even the weapon's housing was immaculate. "I'm a bit jealous... and I haven't even seen the sword yet. I hope Sienna appreciates this sword as much as I would, though I doubt that will be the case."

"...Why wouldn't it bee?"

Guy grimaced again, but nonetheless answered his friend's stupid pun. "To her, weapons are more like tools. To myself, they are more like comrades. To Julius, I would guess, they are more akin to art forms. Once tends to more highly value art and comrades than mere tools."

With that said, Guy took the crafter's advice and began to carefully free the weapon from its scabbard--releasing with a smooth sound of metal sliding against wood. His eyes visibly widened at the majesty of the blade. As gently as possible, he pressed his stone fingers to its edge--only to instinctively retract. Even that would have been enough to cause sap to bleed from his fingertips if they were still wooden, he imagined. Somewhat reluctantly, he admitted, "The sheath befits this blade." His eyes trailed along it for a moment, "I would like to use it... but... if it's as fragile as you say, I should refrain. You've seen how rough I am with Justice... but I'll be sure it comes to her unscratched."

With that said, he carefully sheathed the weapon, and slipped the entirety of the piece into his Adventure Pouch. "Back then, at the Time Temple, I believe we discussed throwing knives..." He begin to advance carefully up the mountain, walking as he spoke. "I've had a few different ideas for different sets you could make, each with a specialized purpose against different kinds of foes."

For several minutes at least, the two discussed various elemental gems and the intricacies and difficulties f making blades from cold iron. All the while, Buzzari twiddled his thumbs and occasionally mumbled, "...Buzz."
  4. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    "Weapons are more like comrades to you. Hm. Well, it is within my capabilities to make a blade that could literally be a comrade... But, in that circumstance, the blade would be choosing its owner. And there's not always a guarantee that it would choose you. But, regardless, I love my work, and I love to see my creations admired. That said, I believe I can make these knives for you, yes... One set of just Cold Iron, for neutralizing spells, and other, more offensive sets... We could probably model these after the Goddesses, if you're fine with taking from religion."

The entrance to the tower came within their view.

"Looks like this discussion's gonna need to be continued another time." He looked at the exact entrance to the tower. It seemed... especially large and imposing from the outside. Like there was a strange foreboding from within the place... Needless to say, he didn't particularly enjoy the feeling. But with his best friend alongside him and Buzzari to keep the pace lively and joyful, what was there to fear?

Plenty, probably, but not a whole lot of stuff he hadn't seen before.

He sidled up to the enormous door of the tower. He set his hands to either side, pushing, shoving as hard as he could, before the doors began to slowly part, moving further and further the more Julius pushed.

He was panting by the end of it. "Probably would have been easier to blow them up, or destroy them or something. Regardless, this place at least seems pretty straight forward." He walked into the tower alongside Guy. There were... many ways they could take, it seemed, but if it was a tower, then it only made sense that, ultimately, their goal would lie on the highest point in this place.

"So, first things first-- we should set about for finding either a Moon Pearl, if it's here, or some kind... library, or something, if this place even has that." He drew his sword confidently, keeping aware of his surroundings. The slate tiles of the foyer was nearly pristine, with just a few signs of minor wear and tear showing through it all. It seemed like they were the first ones here in... quite some time.

"Lead the way, Guy."
  5. Guy

Guy Admin admin

Guy struggled to assist with the opening of doors, but comparing his pure strength to that of Julius was almost comical. Unlike his sister, he didn't have a Muscle Band nor freakish amounts of muscle. Buzzari even hovered against the door as well, and eventually the trio pushed through into the tower itself.

"You might be right about blowing it up, but I didn't bring my bombs," he remarked, still breathing hard. Before stepping deeper into the tower, he slipped his trusty mirror shield--Defiance--off from his back and onto his left arm. "Before I forget, I needed to ask you if you could slap a couple compaction seeds into this, and maybe some Litonium. I could certainly be more agile without having to carry it... Later, though."

As the trio ventured forth, Buzzari and Guy both glanced in opposite directions. The smallest one hover-buzzed up and over onto Julius' head, seemingly to give himself a better vantage point. The floor was populated with squirming masses of tentacles here and there--"Just Popo," Guy remarked. "Seem to be minding their own business, too... I was expecting more monsters in a place like this."

Buzzari excitedly exclaimed, "Maybee this will be easier than we thought!"

"Maybee," Guy smirked, trying not to stab himself after hearing his own remark. His eyes moved to various doors spread across the tile, although it seemed only one lead upwards. "Julius, do you want to split up, or nah? I'm thinking the Moon Pearl--if there is indeed only one--would be located near the top."

As he stepped towards the door, there came a sudden rumbling from somewhere up the stairs. Guy's eyes widened, and in an instance he flashed his sword from its scabbard. He abruptly propelled out of the way as four wildly-squirming moldorms tumbled down the stairs and rushed into the room, bouncing and twisting erratically across the floors, smearing dirt and filth everywhere. How the hell did earth-worms get into the second floor of a tower?! He didn't have much time to contemplate the matter, with two squirming towards him--his shield deflected one, creating an opening for his sword to thrust into the face of another, ending it soundly.

A tiny voice squeaked from atop Julius' head, "Buzz!! That wasp dangerous! But you can handle them, right, Julius?"
  6. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    Julius was somewhat surprised at the suddenness of the Moldorms' appearance, leaping out of their way thanks to Guy's Roc's Scarf.

"Yes, Buzzari. Watch closely."

He began focusing energy into his extended blade, landing on the floor in the midst of the swarm of creatures. Almost immediately, he unleashed his Spin Attack, cleaving through nearly all of the gathered Moldorms, all making a bee-line for perceived intruder.

"Bzzt!" One screamed, charging at him, only to fall within his storm of energy.

"That will bee the end of that," he said to their menagerie of beings, still looking within the tower. "For how big this place looks on the outside... you'd think there'd be a lot more to it," he noted, looking at the obscenely high ceiling overhead. For all the grandness in its design, whoever made this place sure seemed more concerned about looks than functionality. Maybe that's why defenses were so sparse, too.

"Well. If I were designing a building meant to house something as impressive as a Moon Pearl, or information about the Dark World... I would definitely have tighter defenses around the important parts of it all."

He moved onto the stairwell above them, following behind Guy. He had no doubts that the Deku had more experience with noticing and disarming traps than he did, plus he wasn't made of wood any more... And even if he were, it wasn't like either of them noticed heat any more. So, there weren't many problems with allowing Guy to take point.

They walked onto the second floor, weapons drawn. It was much like the first floor in design... until you got to the blade traps, and the column of fire positioned in the center of the room. There was also a... Kodongo? It was a close relative of the Dodongo, that much he was sure of. Most often noted for its size compared to its larger relatives, and was often considered a 'pygmy' Dodongo.

It also shot fireballs instead of breathing fires like Dodongos did.

"Guy, watch out for Wallmasters," Julius added, noting the shadows on the floor.
  7. Guy

Guy Admin admin

"To be fair," Guy began, casually pulling his blade from the last Moldorm, "I wouldn't have believed this tower exists to protect anything... That is, until I realized how clean the first floor was. This place is clearly inhabited by something intelligent, still. Considering it sent Moldarms after us--hardly clean creatures--to what was just an impeccably clean floor... I'm guessing whoever lives here has the ability to magically summon monsters..."

Guy's eyes widened at the sight of the fire-breathing reptilian, "...several, in fact. There's no way these beasts would occur here naturally." His gaze turned towards the wallmaster's shadows. Even his magically inept sister had managed to master the spell to summon such creatures. Even so, if his theory was correct, this mysterious adversary might be several mages on a team... if they can summon so many creatures simultaneously. It was either that, or the trio were facing off against a fearfully powerful wizard who already knew of their arrival. So much for stealth.

Without delay, the Kondongo blasted several fireballs towards the intruders in rapid succession. Despite the projectiles' speed, Guy had an easy time rebounding several off his Mirror Shield and right back at the beast--only for it to not even blink as fire washed over it. Of course. The little monster was situated right next to the rotating pillar of fire which swept around from the center of the room in a radial pattern--making the camping, and apparently fire-immune Kondongo impossible to approach...

...for a normal person, anyway.

"Not to show off, but..." There came a smirk in Guy's voice. The mastermind knew of their presence, but not of their abilities. This was good to know, "...I don't think I'll need your help with this, friends."

Guy took a moment to reach down and flick on his Hover Boots, then--like a bullet from a slingshot--propelled forward straight towards the monster at blinding speed, sliding forward along his frictionless boots with expertise. The Blade Traps couldn't launch fast enough to catch him. His entire body visibly burst into flames thanks to the twister's gift, effortlessly passing through the bar of flames as it swept across once again.

The Kondondo frantically blasted its balls of fire again, only to be rebounded by Guy's readied Mirror Shield--deflected into the beast's face a split second before the shield itself smashed forward, sandwicing the Kondongo against the fireball-pillar it thought would protect it. With a swift thrust of his shortsword, Guy stabbed through the monster's neck, and reflexively glanced up... only for the Wallmaster to go after Julius instead, whom was surely ready.

As if that wasn't enough, three Moldorms appeared from corners of the room, rushing towards Julius--and far out of Guy's immediate reach. Buzzari squealed, "Buzz! Watch out! They must bee able to summon Moldorms rebeeteadly, those buzztards!"

("A bee-line." :picori: I honeystly can't beelieve these puns.)
  8. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    The Wallmaster met a swifter death than it creator would have liked as Julius' shimmering blade tore through it flesh, freezing the entire hand outwards from its center. It crumbled apart moment later-- just in time for Julius to be ambushed by another handful of Moldorms.

It was a simple task in dispatching all of them, even accounting for the fire pole spinning through the room-- which, like Guy, Julius felt no obvious pain from, but for different reasons. Guy was made out of some kind of strange, living obsidian-- a result of dark dealings with The Twister, undoubtedly, but so was his own sword.

As they cleared towards the end of the room, exterminating Wallmasters as they went, Julius began to speak to Guy. Almost predictably, about weapons.

"You know," he started, drawing his blade from the corpse of a Wallmaster, "this kind of effect was thought to be impossible until just recently. And by that, I mean combining Mirror Silver with any kind of Elemental Gem, or any other kind of magical material... Probably has to deal with how it reflects certain... I want to call them energies... Waves, perhaps. Well, it doesn't matter too much. Basically I'm wielding what would commonly be considered an impossible feat of weaponsmithing... Even if it does more than a simple Ice Enchantment. For instance, any projectile I reflect with this blade becomes as though it had an Ice Enchantment cast upon it. It is complicated... but, I suppose, the Twister's price isn't... steep."

Neutrality filled his voice. While, true, the Twister had given him often beneficial and often times unique treasures, so too had he been scorned by the imp himself. Shudders ran through his body as he remembered the sickened guise he had temporarily donned, only to be stripped of it through the use of a Great Fairy's magic.

Ultimately, the Twister had driven Julius to progress not only his skills, but also his knowledge. And for that much, at least, he was thankful. But there were more important tasks at hand-- like obtaining more knowledge about the Dark World, supposedly housed here along with a Moon Pearl... The sorcerers who resided here, however, obviously had no intentions of allowing them to such treasures so easily.

Julius simply couldn't imagine what kind of trouble someone would have gone through to get their hands on such rare items.
  9. Guy

Guy Admin admin

As the last Moldorm was cut down, Guy had already spied a tile that was slightly raised above all the others in the room, hidden a way in a corner. By the time Julius began talking about weapons again, the switch had already been pressed down. A section of the wall fell away, leading to yet another staircase leading upward.

As Guy was figuring out what to say in response to Julius, Buzzari buzzed in instead, "The Twister must bee really impressive to make such things! Buzz!" Though no one could practically see him, his eyes nonetheless filled with stars and his voice was filled with excited hope. "Guy has talked about him too! Even Sienna wasp able to get something from him, I think! He sounds a lot like the Holiday Moblin. I wonder if he will ever visit me... buzz..."

The obsidian Scrub glanced away uneasily. In so many ways, he thought, Buzzari was an innocent child. He was practically a child, yet somehow was tagging along with a couple of cursed and world-weary 60-year-old men who continued to do this sort of unsavory work if only because everything else was so disdainful to them. Really, he couldn't for the life of him figure out why a lad with his entire life ahead of him would just abandon the comfort of his village to tag along with characters as unsavory as a career thief, a wanted mass-murderer, and what Guy believed to be a corrupt guard captain.

All that considered, he just sighed and said, "...In at least one way, Buzzari, you remind me of myself at your age. You're an independent adult, even if you are still so small and young. Hopefully you turn out a little better me, somehow."

The bee-cori frowned slightly at hearing this, but quickly perked up, "Hmm... But, honeystly, you two seem pretty good to me! Your adventures are always exciting! I may never be as strong as either of you two, but one day I will beecome just as courageous!"

Expecting that sort of perky response, Guy just glanced up to Buzzari, then down towards Julius' eyes with a knowing look. Dropping the subject, he changed the topic, "Let's... press on. It might be wise to take care of the suspected mages before looking around too much. They could summon more Wallmasters and come up with better traps any second, for all we know."

With that said, the Scrub quickly but carefully headed up the stairs first, being sure to watch for any falling traps that might be sent down towards them. Just as he emerged over the last stair, he instinctively propelled into the air, narrowly avoiding a--what the fuck, was that a Power Beam hammer? He landed safely into the next floor, an octagonal room with lethal spikes on the walls and no visible way forward.

Two well-armored Stalfos warriors protected the area, each wielding a shield alongside a mace and a morningstar. Menacing laughs erupted from both of them in near-unison, before Hammer spoke up. "Leave, fools. Our master is not playing games any longer!"
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2016
  10. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    Julius glanced at Guy. Not playing games? These apparent master still had no idea of just whom they were up against, did they?

He shot the Stalfos a glance, being met with two walls of black metal armor blocking their path. Even if they proved to bee half as adept as himself and Guy, they'd still be no match.

"If you were not summoned, conjured up by whoever may control this tower, then I suggest you move aside." He waited for them to make the first move-- not the wisest decision, since he couldn't reliably sense these opponents.

A shadow began to grow under Julius and Guy's position. "Move!" He shouted, running towards one of the Stalfos, executing a Helm Splitter... only to have it blocked by the heavy shield Morningstar held. But that didn't matter; not to Julius, at least. When he landed, he was already in the precise position for a Spin Attack -- not just an ordinary one, but one augmented by his frigid blade.

The freezing wave sliced against nothing-- Morningstar had already moved. "Buzzari," he said to the bee floating nearby, "Keep us aware of who's moving where!"
  11. Guy

Guy Admin admin

As the Wallmaster swooped down, Guy slipped to one side, before ferociously thrusting his blade deep into the side of the monster, twisting it, and ripping it out by forcefully kicking himself off the monster. Tricky as these things where, they didn't know how to fight well -- a stark contrast to those two Stalfos. It might've been the first time he'd seen something block Julius; Helm Splitter.

Buzzari tried his hardest to squeak across the room that both Stalfos were converging on Julius, but even Guy could barely hear his buzzes. Thankfully it wasn't difficult to keep track of two warriors and one ally. Guy's face abruptly spat out a blast of Fire towards Hammer--it effortlessly absorbed the projectile with its metal shield, but was forced to hesitate its attack on Julius, leaving him free to focus on Morningstar.

Busting into a sprint, Guy lunged towards Hammer with frantic speed, feinting what would have been a charging strike to the monster's low and unguarded shins. Would the foe block? Parry? No, he would strike with the superior reach of his weapon before Guy could get close. The Scrub risked a prediction which turned out to be true, leaping out of the way at the last moment with his Roc's Cape flinging himself high into the air, before--abruptly--propelling downwards at wild speed, aiming a kick right to Hammer's face...

...This technique always worked. No one expected something to abruptly go shooting down out of the air. But this Stalfos did, bashing the Deku Scrub out of the air with the hard edge of its shield, striking him aside with a tremendous thunk of metal against stone. Guy sputtered and gagged in agony, clutching his ribs as his body flipped wildly through the air. He barely managed to catch himself on the ground, using his shield to break the fall and skid along the ground. By the time he glanced up, the Stalfos was already following up his attack--launching a Power Beam right at Guy's face.

"Shit!" Guy's shield was planted against the ground and he was still out of propel juice--his sword hand desperately grabbed his scarf, abruptly using the Backshift Cape therein to skid out of the beam's path at the last second--only for it to keep going and slam into the spiked wall behind him with a tremendous tremor. A Power Beam from a hammer that huge could have crushed his skull, he thought.

Back on his feet, Guy called over to Julius in the split-second opening, "They've been watching us--they know our tricks!" Before he could even finish the phrase, that Stalfos was already rushing on him again, hammer prepared to strike.
  12. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    Julius rammed into Morningstar with all his might, immediately turning toward Hammer and Guy. Hammer launched a Power Beam in the time it took him to get within range, but a well-executed Helm Splitter sent the Stalfos stumbling, opening him to a volley of sword strikes from Julius-- freezing portions of bone and armor solid, making his shield arm immobile... If there was one thing Guy wouldn't need to worry about, it would any ensuing Power Beams from Hammer.

Or anything at all, if Julius had gotten lucky enough with his hits.

He was blindsided by Morningstar's club knocking him in the ribs. That one would hurt.

They were also strong-- possibly stronger than Julius himself. He should have been clutching at his ribs, much like Guy had been, tumbling away from Hammer, but he had fought through worse things before.

"How do we constantly wander into enemies like this? This makes two, now, that have significantly injured either of us." He brought his shield against the spike of Morningstar's... morningstar. How creative could they get with these names?

He was very thankful that his shield was solid steel, even if it did make it impressively heavy. Otherwise, his probably wouldn't be able to function for the rest of this place... whatever else there was to it, at least. His abdomen already ached enough as it was-- he would be lucky if he'd function after they finished their business here. He turned, redoubling his efforts on the duo. He and Guy-- they would prevail, no matter the foe that they faced.
  13. Guy

Guy Admin admin

Even as Julius tore into the Hammer-wielding Stalfos with freezing slashes, Guy managed to raise his Mirror Shield against the monster's Power Beam at the perfect angle, sending the projectile right back towards its sender--just in time to smash apart its frozen bones into countless segments., it skull popping off into the room.

As Julius took on Mornin'star, Guy had the chance to launch towards the bouncing Stalfos skull skittering across the floor. He'd fought enough of these undead bastards to know they wouldn't give up--as if death wasn't even real to them, that he was only seconds away from reforming all his bones back into one intact body. Leaping high into the air, Guy propelled downwards to land shield-first onto the skull with a climactic crunch finishing off the formidable warrior. Undoubtedly, the tides of battle were now in their favor.

With them flanking Morningstar from two sides, Guy had an easy time dashing up to the final Stalfos' backside. Between his blade and Julius' striking from both angles with speed and expertise, the warrior couldn't parry or deflect fast enough--until it finally let out a roaring pulse that sent both Guy and Buzzari flying, and even caused Julius to stutter back. What it didn't seem to expect, however, was a sudden blast of Fire blasting from Guy's face even as he went flying--striking the monstrous fighter right in its back, a split-second before Buzzari slammed his electrifying stinger right into the skeletal warrior's temple, leaving it stunned and exposed for Julius to finish it off.
  14. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    Ending the Stalfos was a relatively easy affair. With two solid blows, it fell apart, its skull smashed into pieces.

"So, when did you pick up magic, Guy?" Julius asked while looking for an exit that wasn't immediately visible. Upon grasping his Lens of Truth, however, it became apparent to him that it was hidden by illusory magic. "Either way," he said, noting the exit to Guy, "it seems like we're up against a sorcerer with quite the bag of tricks..."

He ascended the stairs first, now. There was no telling what they would be up against next-- and Guy, despite being made out of obsidian, now, still seemed at least somewhat susceptible to damage. It probably didn't help that he didn't wear armor.

The set of stairs was quite... long. Longer than any of the others, it seemed. In fact, he wasn't surprised as to how large the tower was-- most of it seemed to be empty space.

Well, it had seemed like empty space, at least. When they finally got to the next floor... Well, a surprise was waiting for them that they couldn't have anticipated. Or, well, they could have. It definitely confirmed their earlier suspicions, at least.

A robed figure floated in the center of the room, arms outstretched, muttering... incantations, Julius guessed, never having heard them before. A gate beneath it was beginning to open... and stretch wider and wider, the sorcerer's incantations having ceased. He made a motion with his hands, before abruptly Wizzwarping out of the room.

Ordinarily, he would have stayed away from the portal-- as far as he reasonably could, but this room seemed... smaller. More compact. So compact, in fact, that even standing in the farthest corner from the gate seemed to only be... No more than fifteen feet, tops.

Julius brought his shield up, unaware of what to expect. His ribs still hurt, too; he wasn't sure if he had broken anything, but if he had... Well, he knew healers. He inched closer to the portal, keeping his eyes, ears, and more preternatural means of detection all trained for anything that might be entering through the gate... before it hit him. Literally. It ran into him like something driven by... thunder and lightning, exploding out of the gate with what felt like the force of a Powder Keg.

"Bzzzrt! INTRUDERS!" It began to blare and beep like some kind of alarm, bouncing all around the room, rebounding off the walls with such an energy that it seemed to not be able to properly orient itself; and, Julius thought, if this kept up... He might end up with more than a few bruised ribs.
  15. Guy

Guy Admin admin

An excited buzz of victory erupted from Buzzari. "That wasp not so hard!" His excitement was mostly ignored by the two elder fighters, however.

"Around the same time I gained the ability to become living fire," Guy answered Julius, off-handedly. He took just a moment to catch his breath, before continuing. "Many moons ago, I did attempt to practice spellslinging--something like it, at least--but lacked much talent for it. It's easier to just find an item to cast a spell for you, usually."

"Hm, but you must have to buzz around everywhere to find the right one..."

"Staying in one place... I've never been good at that, anyway." A shrug came from Guy, before he followed Julius through the illusory door. He really needed to get his hands on another Lens of Truth himself... It'd been too long since he lost his own. Damn things don't just pop out of wells everyday, even with all his wandering.

The staircase seemed peculiar, to say the least, Guy thought. Whoever was watching them was throwing out all the stops so far. Were those two Stalfos really the best available? It seemed like there should have been eyes on the walls, spark-beams shooting at them, or spikes sprouting up on every step. Maybe... maybe the 'master,' as it were had fled...? Or, perhaps...

When they broke into the open floor, Guy's fear was confirmed. The mage hadn't been focusing on more small traps--he was using all his magic power to throw something huge at them. Before Guy could even formulate a plan of attack, the gate was created, and the mastermind was gone into thin air.

"OH SHI--!" Guy's entire body shot out of the way with a desperate propel, so desperate his body collided with the far wall with a tremendous clang. The warrior rebounded quickly, struggling to leap and dodge way around the gigantic worm that was literally filling more than half the room. He soon found himself rebounding off walls, ceilings, and gigantic segments of worms, all in a wild attempt to get to where he knew any moldorm's weakpoint--regardless of its freakish size--laid.

He tumbled head-over heels, tumbling wildly across the worm's backside. His hand struggled to snag a throwing knife from his belt, instead feeling something squishy there--he didn't care. With a desperate attack, Guy flung whatever it was two meters' distance into the tail's tip...

"THIS BEE STINGS, MOTHERBUZZER!!" Buzzari's weapon was lanced forward with all of his tiny strength, jolting into the weakpoint with all the power of Guy's throwing arm combined with the magic of his own potent Shock Enchantment. The beast visibly quivered from the obnoxious poke as a tiny bit of electricity rattled through its entire body--which hopefully stunned it long enough for Julius to make a real attack.
  16. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    Julius sprang for an attack, diving over the Moldorm's segmented body, hissing as his wound from earlier sent a sharp pain through his body.

He looked at the worm, having leapt over its body. It had a weak point, this much he knew-- bearing his blade upon it in a succession of strikes shortly after Buzzari's Shock Enchantment had worn off. His own frigid strikes began to freeze the joints in its body, making it less mobile and volatile than it had been before.

But that didn't mean that the creature was out of the fight-- quite the opposite, really. With an unexpected swish of its tail, it broke through a portion of the ice binding its segments together, sending Julius into the wall with a hard WHAM.

He didn't feel too good. It reminded him of when that beast headbutted him, actually... he was probably getting too old for this. He tried to stand, only to find that he... couldn't. What had happened to him? His hand found the walls. Slowly, he lifted himself onto his feet... What the hell had that sorcerer summoned? It couldn't have been a normal Moldorm. He had never seen one so powerful before.

His head ached. His vision was blurry. He couldn't imagine what had happened to him when he got slammed into that wall as hard as he had.
  17. Guy

Guy Admin admin

"Damnit Buzz," Guy grunted under breath. He wasn’t stupid—he knew that little guy had snuck in place of his knife, but realized he would be giving Buzzari exactly what he wanted. Unfortunately, this monstrous Moldorm was in a class of its own. Even between electricity, ice, and blades, it was still thrashing wildly. From the corner of his eye, he could see the bee-wannabe buzzing at a safe height, but Julius… Julius looked like something broke. There wasn’t time to worry about him, though, he could handle himself. The entire damn tower was rattling from this monstrosity ripping and tearing through a room that would have barely been big enough to fit the damn thing on its own.

Even by running along the walls and leaping in utterly inhuman ways, Guy was struggling to not only dodge the monstrosity’s unpredictable flailing, but nail down its one vulnerability once and for all. He couldn’t even read if it was actually trying to attack them, just desperately trying to wriggle out, or just high on some sort of insane fury spell. It was just a damn worm, albeit a big one... He just needed the right moment. “Cover your ears!”

With his boots glued to the ceiling, Guy pulled his Cane of Echoes into one hand, and waited. Damn thing wasn’t going to know what hit it. After a few seconds, the right moment came. Both arms swung overhead in a tremendously powerful swing of the cane, shattering what ice remained on the things’ frosty tail. He dropped the cane in an instant, and just for good measure spot a gout of Fire onto the stunned tail, a split second before becoming fire himself. While drawing his sword—Justice—Guy shot from his perch with a potent Propel, and ferociously stabbed downward right into the monster’s shocked, frozen, and now thoroughly burned weakpoint. His legs wrapped tight around the monster’s abdomen, burning the beast and forcing himself to remain in place as he twisted, tore, and cut the knife through the wound as violently as he could. Guy felt his flaming body flung and twist through the air, before finally he was banged again and again into the ground—grunting, yelling in pain, but not broken by it…

…Until, finally, the damn thing came to a halt. With a groan of exhaustion and pain, Guy’s body simply fell off the tail, sprawled out on the floor. His skin extinguished, returning to its glistening, charred appearance. For the moment, he just laid there, sprawled out on the broken floor, aching and breathing hard. He could hear Buzzari squealing excitedly in some far corner of the room, barely audible from the distance, through presumably some exclamation about their shared victory. His eyes instead wandered towards the captain, remarking, “…Damn, Jewels. You look the way I feel.”
  18. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    All he could do was groan in response. He fumbled in his pouch for... something. It was a... vial. A bottle of liquid that he knew would get him out of this situation-- whatever it was. He didn't know what his particular affliction was, but he felt an extraordinary sense of relief as his gauntlets closed around something solid and fist sized: his bottle, he realized. He tossed his helmet off, eyeing the red liquid precariously.

Well, if the merchant were wrong, what was the worst that could happen? If he had been telling the truth, then it was exactly what he needed.

He uncorked the bottle, gulping down several swallows of the red liquid-- tasting like... tomato sauce. And... His eyes shot open as he finished downing the bottle.

He stood stark straight, clutching his head. "I was sold fucking spaghetti sauce," he said, looking at the bottle. "It might have been spaghetti sauce, but it did its job, at least." He grabbed his helmet, re-affixing it to his head. "I'm not sure what happened there, but I'm sure as shit glad that I had that. Are you good to move?" He asked the Deku Scrub, complimenting his daringness to defeat that... He wasn't even sure how to describe it. He wasn't even sure if it could be called a Moldorm.

He gave Guy a quick nod before beginning to head up the staircase. This one... wasn't nearly as long as the one they had climbed to get into the Moldorm's chamber. There were widows scattered throughout the room and judging by how he could only just barely make out the upper portions of a few mountains in the distance... Well, they had to be very high up indeed.

But what was more pressing were the duo of wizards levitating above them towards the back of the room. They spoke no words, made no movements. It seemed to Julius that they were content to allow the two of them to make the first move... But he couldn't be certain. He sensed behind himself... Guy was here.

He was nervous. He had no idea of what these two were capable of-- summoning that gigantic abomination of a Moldorm, for one thing. That alone gave him reason enough to stay on his toes.
  19. Guy

Guy Admin admin

Carefully, Guy tread into the room, his trusty shield--Defiance--raised in opposition to these two foes. His hand rest upon the hilt of his sword--Defiance--ready to whip it from its scabbard at a moment's notice. This time, he had the foresight to keep Buzzari tucked carefully in his scarf. These foes, the presumed 'masters' of this tower, were obviously much more cunning and capable. He wouldn't put it past them to exploit Buzzari, attempt to control their minds, or even destroy the entire tower to crush them. They were hovering as if just for the sake of it, and didn't even care to make the first move. If they summoned that gigantic monster, who knows what else they were capable of doing?

"A Moon Pearl," Guy announced in a bold, demanding voice, "I know you have at least one. Give it to us, and you will be spared."

There came a momentary silence. The two figures--Wizzrobes, Guy supposed--exchanged glances. Either was at least seven feet tall, one wearing robes of predominately blue, and the other mostly green. All that could be seen beneath their wide-brimmed hats were a pair of glowing eyes, making it difficult to read their expressions. It became clear what they thought of this proposal when both begin to audibly laugh. Loud, shrill, cackling laughs from creatures who were definitely not Hyrulean--or at least weren't anymore.

Not even giving a proper reply, the green Wizzrobe's hand shot up, palm outward, and pointed towards the intruders--beginning to glow. The blue mage instead just completely vanished into thin friggin' air, disappearing with a shrill and obviously magical noise.

"Motherfucking Thunder!?!" Guy wasn't sure if such a powerful spell could even be deflected by a Mirror Shield, and didn't intend to find out. The Scrub's free hand ripped two throwing knives from his belt, hurling them towards green. He shouldn't have been the least bit surprised, he supposed, when both knives abruptly reflected back at him a split-second before the horrid spell launched forth from the monster's fingertips with a terrible cracking noise. Guy barely had time to clutch a hand to his shoulder, holding Buzzari in place, as he frantically propelled away from Julius--dodging the knives as they struck the floor. He could feel the static in the air as that horrid bolt absolutely demolished the door from which they entered.

As he dodged, Julius no doubt heard that shrill magical sound echoing again--albeit, this time, from immediately behind him.
  20. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    Thunder. Wizzwarp. "These guys aren't playing any fucking games," Julius said to himself, immediately whirling around, facing the blue robed mage as he brandished a nearly pearlescent at Julius.

On my toes, he had to remind himself-- they didn't know what these two were capable of, especially if they already displayed capabilities like Wizzwarp, or Thunder, or... Well, at this point, he accepted one simple fact: they were both bonafide Wizzrobes, through and through; as if they could expect anything less, though, considering what the green one had summoned a floor beneath them.

That said, exactly where did this other Wizzrobe get a sword from? Julius parried the attempted blow without thinking, attempting to kick the Wizzrobe-- if he could make any kind of contact, then its robes would catch flame.

But he was more than privvy to his tricks; he spun out of the way, firing a magical bolt in Julius' direction. He may be a Wizzrobe, but he doesn't know a thing about materials, he thought to himself, deflecting the bolt with practiced ease. It turned from a sort of off-white yellow to a more blue tint, hinting to the properties of Julius' blade. Now, if he could get a solid hit in...

He thought quickly. Would he be able to draw his Hookshot quickly enough to aim and fire before the 'robe caught on to his plan? No, definitely not... What could he do? He wasn't maneuverable, like Guy, and as much as he knew of the blade, he didn't know too many extraordinary techniques-- not that there were any that would help against a foe that could teleport anywhere he could see.

Another shrill sound echoed-- he had Wizzwarped out of the way of his deflected bolt. Too mobile, too smart to fall for the same tricks twice... They would need to play them against each other. If -- and this was a huge if -- they could get the two to play against each other... Then they would be able to win.

He took a step back, thinking further about both his and Guy's capabilities. Guy was more mobile, and definitely an adept fighter. If Julius drew their combined fire, then that would give Guy plenty of opportunities to attack, but... He was already out of his potion. If he took any serious damage here, he could die; a risk he wasn't willing to take in these circumstances. But, that could also be involved in playing them against each other...

It was a difficult call to make. His eyes remained leveled at the blue-garbed Wizzrobe, his blade level and still in front of him. The green one was stationed behind Blue, now... There had to be something he could do.