Crafting Revamp (Again)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Guy, Dec 29, 2014.

1. Guy

Guy Admin admin

As was previously discussed, the four crafting professions have now been reworked into three: Weaponsmith, Outfitter, and Botanist.

All materials that once belonged to Blacksmith, Woodworker, and Tailor have now been split into Weaponsmith and Outfitter appropriately. As their names implies, one focuses on items which can be wielded, and the other focuses on items which can be worn. There's also about a dozen new materials added between those two professions, with plans for more in the future.

Although Botanists retain their old capabilities, what they can do has been vastly expanded. You can of course see the full details of these on the Botanist page, and on their various materials pages. Any Botanist seeds can be used to create a multitude of different effects, from creating many different types of seed supplies, to powerful potions which can be used a limited number of times per quest.

I consider the Library an endless work in progress, and that goes for crafting as well. I'm planning to make more Weaponsmith/Outfitter materials in the near future, and appreciate anyone who comes up with good ideas. I think Botanists have enough seeds for now, but some of the seeds could definitely use more effects than they currently have.

Any character who is a Blacksmith or Woodworker should convert to a Weaponsmith or Outfitter, if they haven't already. Tailors have effectively become Outfitters, and Botanists have only increased in strength. Requests to change a character's craft to something unrelated will likely be allowed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Although Library tweaks are normally thrown into Small Updates, I figure I'll toss this in here since it's mostly related to the revamp mentioned above.

New Outfitter/Armorsmith Materials:
    - Solar Silver
    - Vapor Cloth
    - Glimmer Gold
    - Hawk Lens
    - Filter Lens
    - Lens of Agony
    - Desenium
    - Warp Willow
    - Adhesion Coating
    - Expel Glass
    - Straight Steel
    - Vile Coating
    - Gleeok Fangs

New Seeds:
    - Gasha Seed
    - Breath Seeds
    - Bomb Seeds
    - Compaction Seeds
    - Razor Seeds (previously a variant of Piece of Power)
    - Armor Seeds (previously a variant of Guardian Acorn)

New Treasures:
    - Password Padlock
    - Tinytite
    - Woodpull Boots
    - Bouncing Arrows
    - Float Clay
    - Stallion Statuette
    - Snowball Gloves
    - Poison Enchantment

Cost reductions:
    - Beastly Burrow
    - Bee Badge
    - Blessed Boots
    - Hoarder
    - Hookshot
    - Mole Mitts
    - Pegasus Seed Supply
    - Phantasmal Spell
    - Ravio's Bracelet
    - Rupoor Supply
    - Spark
    - Slicker
    - Snap Trap
    - Smuggling Pocket
    - Wall of Hazards
    - Bomb Arrow
    - Landmine
    - Piece of Power (as a material)
    - Guardian Acorn (as a material)
    - Water Bomb (augment of Bomb Bag)

Cost increase (gasp!):
    - Mortal Draw

Other noteworthy changes:
    - Botanists are now able to craft a Bomb Flower, Bomb Bag, Bombchu Supply, and Bombling Supply. Many of the potions they make with Bomb Seeds function as temporary augments for Bombs.
    - Most Seed Supplies have been changed to a set cost of 20r, causing some to slightly increase or decrease in price. Gale Seeds and Pegasus Seeds are the notable exceptions, with significantly higher costs due to their greater power.
    - The "Supply" field has replaced the "Stock" field. This... just always bugged me, since almost all treasures in the field are called "Supplies" and not "Stocks."
    - Seed Collector reflects the larger amounts of seeds available; it's also been reduced in cost
    - When you max a Profession to Lv10, you can now use the rupees you gain from your profession in the dungeon/quest they are earned.
    - Bomb Arrow, Landmine, and Powder Charge are now their own treasures instead of augments for Bomb Bag. Various bomb-like treasures can be used as their prerequisites, instead of Bomb Bag.
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2014