Conference in the Capital [Social Plot RP]

Discussion in 'Completed RPs' started by Blonde Panther, Jul 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blonde Panther

Blonde Panther Not always sweet and delicate vet

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Conference in the Capital
    PC Cast
    - Lord Lawrence of Everett, level 10 Lord [Blonde Panther]
    - Lord Jacob of Temple, level 10 Lord [Ultra5]
    - Lady Beatrix of Karina, level 1 Lord [Unnamed Dude]
    - Lady Serena of Calderon, level 10 Lord [Lightascetic]
    Discussion

The sun stood high above the Halidom's capital, with not a cloud in sight and not a concern on the faces of most citizens. Prince Chrom grit his teeth as he looked out the window. The weather was NOT appropriate to the situation. Thanks to Maribelle and Lissa's almost non-stop care, he was out of mortal danger, but not all of his wounds had healed. Particularly his sword arm was... He shook his head, turning around. With him in the room was a white-haired young woman, resting her elbows on the table and her hands supporting her forehead as she bent over treatises on tactics and battle reports. "Let's go, Robin," he said to the tactician. "We've kept them waiting for long enough, now."

The conference room he had chosen for today's meeting was spacious enough to hold most of the representatives of his subjects, and Wind magic flowed semi-freely through it, creating the illusion of a cool breeze even though the windows were shut and the weather was hot and sweaty. "I thank you for your patience," the prince said as he entered the room, looking at those who were already present. "I know many of you are itching to hear the news that we have, so I'll get to the point as soon as we get through the roll call."

"Lady Maribelle, representative of House Themis," Lady Robin called, to which the blonde, a bit younger than the prince himself, raised a finger to tap her crossed arms. It was enough, and Robin crossed her off. "Lord Ricken, representative of House Erante," she continued, crossing off the name of the incredibly young-looking mage when he nodded. "Lady Serena, representative of House Calderon," another name off her list as the lady gave sign of her presence. "Lady Beatrix, representative of House Karina," a fourth name crossed off.

"Lord Jacob, representative of House Temple." This was the first name that preceded no response from its owner. Lady Robin tried again. "Lord Jacob Temple?" She shook her head and Prince Chrom frowned at the absence of the lord, and she moved on to the next name. "Lord Lawrence, representative of House Everett." Again, no response. The prince's frown deepened. Even if these two lived far away from the capital, both were known to be almost frighteningly dedicated- it was nothing like them to be late for a meeting of this urgency.

Robin looked to him for counsel, and he cleared his throat. "We don't have time to wait for them. Now, as for what happened in Plegia and why I called you all over..."

---------

Guinevere skidded to a halt and Lawrence threw himself off of her back, landing on the ground a little more harshly than he would have liked and needing one hand to stop himself from falling face-first on the ground. "We don't have time to freshen up," he called to Lord Temple, "I think they've started without us!"

He got to his feet, pointing at his attendant. "Leonard, Sentinel, see to it that the horses are taken care of!" With those words, he hurried off into the palace, flashing the ruby pendant with the livery of his house as proof of his identity to any guards he came across until he found one who would lead him to the conference room.
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2013
  2. Lightascetic

Lightascetic Member reg

Having left Calderon Manor at sunrise, Serena had arrived first. Perhaps too early, as the attendents seemed surprised by her arrival. She calmed them with a smile and a laid-back wave of her hand. She was familiar with the conference room, and didn't need assistance. Until Prince Chrom was ready to recieve her, she took to a chair in the hallway. Serena ensured her hair was still in good form as Chrom and Lady Robin entered the conference room. She courtseyed as he entered, then followed slowly. Instantly the wind magic flowed through her hair, causing it to float in wake of her steps towards the table. Choosing the first seat on the left of Chrom, Serena settled herself, offering warming smiles to the Lords and ladies as they arrived.

"Your Grace." She responded as her name was called. The tension tickled at her: she was eager to discover the news regarding Plegia. What soon occupied her thoughts, however was the unorthodox absence of Lords Everette and Temple. She knew for former better than the latter, but both were reputably punctual. She did know Lawrence though, quite well in fact, so did not worry. If he was to be late, there would be a very reasonable explanation. This too, Serena was eager to hear about. Although their Houses were revered in eachother's eyes, she had not seen Lord Everette for some months: they had both been occupied whenever an arrangement had been made. Such was the world they lived in: business always came before leisure. This was not the reunion she had envisioned, but Serena was grateful that they were to re-acquainte today.
  3. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    "Aye. I know." Jacob responds to Lawrence as the younger lord runs off through the castle. "An' I look like hell." Sighing Jacob begins his lumbering sprint to the conference room. Although his armor was badly damaged the lord himself felt fine because of the elixirs he always had on him. Jacob is slow to start running, but once he get's going he's near impossible to stop. Momentum carrying him forward Jacob gets faster and faster. Several House Ylisse soldiers and other castle attendants barely dodge out of the way of the mass of armor. He has his crest out and flashes it to a few soldiers who could actually see it. Coming to the door to the destination Jacob slows himself down as best he can.

"We don't have time to wait for them. Now, as for what happened in Plegia and why I called you all over..." Suddenly the doors to the meeting room are violently thrown open. Jacob looks around to see quite a few horrified and confused faces. Remembering his armor looks like complete hell from the Risen attack Jacob bows to Chrom. "Mi'lord Chrom. Lord Jacob o' House Temple. Ma apologies fer ma tardiness an' ma armor. I ran inta some Risen on tha way 'ere. I was travelin' wit Lord Lawrence o' Everett. If he ain't 'ere, he'll be soon." Jacob takes an open seat at the table. "Looks like I wasn't too late ta tha party."
  4. UnnamedDude

UnnamedDude Lighting up the Fire in the Night vet

3DS Friend Code:
    2981-6385-7964
    Lady Beatrix resisted the strong urge to drum her fingers against the table. Such charged silence and anticipation, yet her face did not falter from its disinterested demeanor. Despite the fair weather she felt a wave of dread come upon her as she sat here. It was her first time actually in the presence of other lords of the realm, and despite her unshakable stoicism she was nervous. Panicked, even. She glanced down at her legs to ensure that they were not as shaky as they felt, and thankfully they were not. The first time she had ventured out as the representative of her house, as the representative of her people, and she was before crown prince Chrom.

When the doors flew open with such force she stiffened for an instant before taking a breath and turning. A twitch at the corner of her mouth, and a temporarily furrowed brow, were all to betray her surprise. So this, the man in ragged red armor, was the infamous Lord Temple. If her advisers were to be believed then his was a power-hungry house, one powerful enough to be a threat. As of the present time it was difficult to measure his actual malice, but she would be watching him.

After a few tense seconds, she decided to break the silence. "I suppose it's nice to know milord has such an inimitable sense of decorum..." she said, almost too quietly to be heard, to no one in particular.
  5. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Despite not having the time to bathe or put on something else, Lawrence waited just outside the door to catch his breath, which led to Lord Temple being the first inside. The lord of Everett buried his face in one hand when the rambunctious lord made his great entrance. Not... the way he had wanted to enter. He followed not too far behind Lord Temple, bowing towards the crown prince slightly. "My apologies," he spoke. "Lord Temple speaks truly- we were held up on the road by a group of Risen. We felt it prudent to take precautions so they would not follow us into Yllistol territory."

"Be seated," Prince Chrom said, to which Lawrence joined Lord Temple at the table. He saw the white-haired new addition to the Ylissean court cross off two names on her list, presumably his and Lord Temple's. "We'll get to the Risen later. For now, I have other matters I want to inform you of."

He sat down, weaving his fingers. The grimace that found its way to his face was not missed by most of those present. "As my messengers may have told you, the Shepherds have suffered a crushing defeat at the hands of the Mad King. We've made it out with minimal casualties, but my sister remains unaccounted for." A shiver went over Lawrence's back. The entire reason the Shepherds had pushed as far into Plegia in the first place had been in order to save the Exalt. If they had failed...

"For now," Lady Robin interjected, "We're working off the assumption that Her Holiness lives. If I have forces to work with, I can work out a new plan to invade Plegia, but we lack forces. The Shepherds are in no condition to fight, especially not His Highness."

"I'd like to know how many of your men I can count on to run a new rescue operation." Prince Chrom looked around the table. Lawrence, now recovered from his ordeals on his way to Ylisstol and with a clear head, frowned, one hand in front of his mouth. Would it be worth it to send men into Plegia? Lady Robin was a brilliant tactician, but not brilliant enough... And as she had said, they were working off the assumption that Exalt Emmeryn was alive, but... Prince Chrom himself had said they didn't know anything.
  6. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    "I'd like to know how many of your men I can count on to run a new rescue operation."

Jacob froze for an instant as Chrom said this. His eyes narrowed and hi felt the scar on the left of his face. 'It's been fifteen years Jacob. But is it really been that long? Could I really put my troops through another Ylissean-Plegian War?' Jacob thinks to himself in a trance.

Coming out of the trance Jacob strokes his beard. "Wit all due respect mi'lord I'm hesitant ta offer ma assistance. It's been fifteen years since yer sister took tha throne. I fought in tha war 'forehand an' so have a lot o' ma troops. I'm not sure I could do that ta my troops again if a war comes about. Although ma House is good at it, war brings out tha worse in a person no matter how good. I would be happy ta offer some troops if ya can assure me a war like tha last one ain't gonna happen." Jacob sighs after saying that still feeling his scar.

'I ain't never gonna turn out like ma father.'
  7. UnnamedDude

3DS Friend Code:
    2981-6385-7964
    Beatrix closed her eyes and deliberated for several seconds when Chrom's request came. She could sympathize with his need to save a loved one; she herself had lost her father before she'd known him, in the last war. What Lord Temple said also struck her. A power-monger would not normally worry of the brutalities to be inflicted on his men, and his words seemed sincere enough.

She chided herself. Her decision affected more than only her. It affected her entire province, perhaps even the Halidom as a whole. What was best for the people? What ramifications would their actions have...? She weighed the facts mentally. Gangrel's aggression... the Shepherds' defeat... the kidnapping of the Exalt...

There was an uncomfortable moment as she ran through her words in her mind, arranged and rearranged them. And an even more uncomfortable one when she spoke.

"Lord Chrom."

She felt as though her skin were covered in insects, the tingling was so unpleasant. All eyes seemed to track her. She hoped her voice didn't shake...

"As you are no doubt aware, my house is now but a shadow of its former self. We hold scant power now, and truthfully I am doubtful as to the odds of success of this mission."

She had to pause to take a deep breath. Now for the big one.

"Thus... know that, in an effort to even those odds, House Karina will lend whatever aid it can for the recovery of the Exalt."

She turned to the white-locked strategist who sat next to the prince. "I trust we are in good hands, Lady Robin?"
  8. Lightascetic

Lightascetic Member reg

Serena expelled a breath she wasn't aware she was holding as Lord Temple made a rather mood-shattering entrance. Lawrence's entry was more dignified, as she had expected.

The news sent a wave of sorrow through Lady Calderon. She could not empathise with Prince Chrom's predicament, but she was no stranger to the calamities that were brought about by war. Even with the wind magic keeping the air cool, she felt clammy. Quietly she listened to each lord in turn provide their opinion on the matter. Lady Beatrix she had not encountered, spare for the briefest exchanges at recent annual gatherings. Her timidity ignited a strange furor in Serena's heart.

"I might begin by reminding ourselves that the Lord and Ladies of Ylisse have, and always will be a united force in the face of national threat. We never stand alone, and this also applies to our Grace the Prince. If we are to act, you will have my, and my father's support. But my lady Beatrix," Serena turned in her chair to face the younger lady. "be bold in the knowledge that we are united. Our strength in these times is also your strength."

"As much as I am sure we could rely on you, Lady Robin, myself and my sister will also be able to take part in any tactical planning you deem neccessary." She nodded her head respectfully to Robin before returning her attention to her fellow Lords.
  9. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    When Serena spoke, Lawrence's attention jolted towards her. He needed a few seconds to process that she was here; but of course, it made sense. From what he had understood, Lord Calderon was in no condition to travel, and Serena was roughly the same age as him, meaning she had to start growing used to her position and the responsibilities that came with it.

He wished he could catch up with his childhood friend, but for now he had to respond to the crown prince's demands. "I agree with Lady Calderon," he said. "While I have my concerns regarding the mission, my loyalty lies with House Ylisse first and foremost. I can spare a small but specialized unit if it be required."

"Themis is in no position to lend its troops to this mission," Lady Maribelle chimed in, "But will provide supplies and funds, as well as a base from which to begin the excursion, if it should be needed." Lord Ricken remained silent, for good reason; It had been at least a decade since House Erante had had enough forces to lend to anything at all outside their territory. The traitorous noble house's military had been diminished so far that it could barely protect their borders.

Lady Robin made notes, with Prince Chrom looking over her shoulder at what she was writing. "Lord Temple," he said, "I remind you that a war is already ongoing as we speak. Our troops have been ordered to hold their grounds, but I cannot guarantee when Plegia will attack again. It is imperative that we secure my sister, at least if we want to keep the troops' morale." When the tactician put down her quill, the prince shook his head and moved on. "I do hope you will reconsider, but for now, we know enough. Robin will get to planning the moment this meeting ends."

"I think I have an idea or two," the mysterious woman said, "but I have other concerns. Lords Temple and Everett said they'd been held up by Risen on the way to Ylisstol... this complicates things. If they're this close to the capital, then they're likely to be everywhere. Some provinces, like Erante, will need more protection than their own military can offer them..."

"And we need the Pegasus Knights at the borders," prince Chrom finished. "Which leaves me to once again call for your men. We only need a small force for the rescue operation, but if the Risen are dangerous or numerous enough to..." he looked at Lord Temple's wrecked armor, "...we will need a larger force at our disposal to keep them in check. Lord Temple, your militia seems well-suited to this task."

Lawrence looked at the heavily armored noble. maybe he'd be more willing to deploy domestically. However, at the same time he was going over numbers in his head, and he stuck out his elbow to gently nudge Serena. "Do you have anything I can write with?" he whispered to her.
  10. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    Jacob raised an eyebrow at this new proposal. He did control enough to provide a decent bit of protection to the other Houses. His troops also wouldn't have the desert to deal with slowing them down even further.

Clearing his throat Jacob finally speaks again standing up. "Mi'lord Chrom an' mi'lady Robin. As you know I have concerns fer ma troops if they had ta get in another stalled war like tha last en. Not ta mention tha fact the House Temple Knights are just that, Knights. They can't cross tha desert wit any degree o' speed. So my apologies but I cannot go inta Plegia, however...I will gladly lend my strength ta protecting tha Houses o' tha Halidom. An' I know some o' tha Houses are honestly afraid o' ma House. Which is why I'll work out specifics wit any Lord er Lady after tha meeting if that should so ease the worry o' some o' 'em."

Jacob sits back down and the shoulder pauldron that was mangled with his fight with the Mage falls off. Jacob reaches down picking it up. He then slams it loudly into his should actually sticking it into him a bit. The slightest of tells Jacob's arm muscles clenched for a second as he did that. 'That 'en hurt.' Not too noticeable but some blood drips from the jagged piece of metal keeping the armor in place.
  11. UnnamedDude

3DS Friend Code:
    2981-6385-7964
    Beatrix's mouth formed a grim line. She had very little information to judge House Temple from, but having their knights stationed at all the weakest provinces seemed an opportune position from which to spring a coup. True, they would be diffuse, but all the same it was unsettling.

Still, she had no reason to distrust Lord Temple save word of mouth, and moreover...

"I am loathe to admit this, but my forces are not great enough to spare troops for both attack and defense. At best I can afford to furnish some of our surplus supplies."

She put a hand to her chin. Too many things to worry about. Risen, Plegia, and possible internal strife? How to deal with this... she needed to evaluate Lord Temple's sincerity, certainly. If he proved treacherous for whatever reason, she could be handing arms to the one to stab her in the back, even though her intentions were solely the defense of Ylisse.
  12. Lightascetic

Lightascetic Member reg

Serena lent her ear to her fellow lords once more while discretely complying with Lawrence's request. She took a quill, sealed ink pot and some paper from her hand-sized satchel, placing them on the table without a murmur. To see such distrust between lords brought sorrow to Serena's heart. How could she make them see...

"Lord Temple," She began graciously, earning her silence. "I am not usually one to bring in personal experiences to a table of political discussion, but you more than myself remember that skirmish all of twelve years ago. You fought alongside my father, desperate to keep the Plegians from entering our lands. They almost succeeded. I was not fit for combat, but you and my father saved me. I could not have embarked on such a dangerous endeavour if the counsel at that time had acted more swiftly and engaged the Plegians prior to their attempted attack. I understand the risk to your men: that is a fundamental of war, but I would ask you to consider the livelihood of your people, your House. Should we not be preserving their peace, keeping this war far from their doorsteps?"

Aware that she had been speaking for quite some time, Serena moved back in her chair, moving some stray hair behind her ear. She prayed that she had made some progress in distilling Lady Beatrix's fears.
  13. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    When Serena handed him the necessary materials to write with, Lawrence whispered a 'thank you' and started writing. He wasn't bad at numbers, per se, but in matters like these it was probably best to write things down as he went over them, just to ensure he had everything and didn't miss or count anything twice. He could spare a few men with horses trained specifically for the desert for the rescue op... and then a larger squad trained more directly for brute power to aid with the dispatch of Risen in the halidom...

"I'll need time to figure out the exact numbers and relative strength of the unit," he said, not looking up from the paper but setting down the quill and looking at his scribbles with two hands supporting his neck. "But Everett can probably lend men to attend to the Risen problem. Not many, though. We can't afford to be short-handed in the protection of our own people, especially since I would like to volunteer to lead the excursion into Plegia to save Her Holiness."

Lady Robin's quill stilled, and Prince Chrom could only stare at Lord Everett. Had one of their youngest sovereigns just offered to spearhead a very dangerous operation?
  14. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    Jacob is surprised at Lawrence's volunteering. In his head he thinks: 'Damn. Kid's got some balls. Ain't fair ta call him kid after that though.' A small smirk crosses Jacob's face for a moment, but he needed to address Lady Serena's concerns. "Aye. I remember that Lady Serena, but there 're two things 'bout that. First's tha fact tha House Temple Knights 're just that, Armor Knights. They're near impossible ta move wit any speed normally. Completely impossible ta move wit any speed in desert which makes a lot o' Plegia. Powerful as they may be they're near useless in Plegia. I know I lead 'em there once, but I didn't know 'bout that then. I'd be more a hindrance than anythin'. An' secondly..."

Jacob unbuckles and removes his chestplate turning it around to where all the leaders of Ylisse can see the gaping burnt hole in the back of his armor. "...this is what tha Risen can do." The lord also removes the shoulder pauldron that he had jammed into himself to get it to stay and places it on the table both it and his shoulder leaking blood noticeably now. "An' this. Now I can say that tha Risen aren't ta be taken lightly. An' they're growin' in number as ya may or may not know. They're usin' our dead. I had ta fight a House Temple Soldier on tha way 'ere. I'm sorry, but I think that Halidom defense from tha undead bastards is important. Pardon tha expression mi'lady."

Jacob then turns towards Lawrence. "An' Lord Lawrence. I admire tha volunteerin' ya did, but 're ya sure that's tha best idea. I ain't doubtin' yer abilities, but what if something were ta happen ta ya? Would yer siblin's know what ta do in yer absence?"
  15. UnnamedDude

3DS Friend Code:
    2981-6385-7964
    Beatrix said nothing at the revelations and proposals, but her hand formed a white-knuckled fist. So lords Temple and Everett had done battle with monsters capable of melting through solid armor... and won? Moreover, the latter was planning on charging headlong into enemy territory... She was momentarily amazed at their bravado, and then felt numbing frustration. What off-put her was the feeling of powerlessness. Everyone here had far more experience, both in ruling and in combat, than she. She needed to be stronger...

"...I share Lord Temple's concerns. Your courage is moving, but is this truly the course of action you wish to take? Going off to war is not a commitment to be taken lightly."

The unstated but apparent undercurrent of her misgivings was that one could not sortie unless he was willing to bear responsibility for all his men... and must be ready to accept that there may be no coming back, depending on the situation.

And, irrespective of his final decision, she knew now more than ever that drastic measures would need to be taken if she were to remain useful. Well, following on the heels of one outrageous request was probably the best time to spring another, anyway... She sighed and fired away.

"...Lord Temple. You are remaining behind, correct? If you are, I would like to levy your services to train myself and a detachment of my men. I doubt we will be ready in time for the mission, but I am painfully aware of how green I am in the ways of war and I would not subject good men to it without tasting it myself."
  16. Lightascetic

Lightascetic Member reg

"Then myself and Lord Everette could lead the charge?"

The self-realisation came after the words left her mouth. Immediately she could hear her father's disapproving tone in her mind's ear. He would vouch to take her place. He would never admit it, but his travelling feet were not as sturdy as they used to be. Serena had also just committed herself to starting a war. Again, her tactical tongue was waggling before her heart had time to still it:

"Calderon's mage units would be well suited for desert travel, as well as a swift and decisive opening attack. My father should be able to spare two companies, along with a company of swordsmen to reinforce them. I will consult him regarding our position on a medical unit, though this should also be achievable."

Serena looked to Price Chrom for approval. She needed as much notice as possible in order to settle the idea with Lord Calderon, who would no doubt be displeased with her request. She also glanced over at Lawrence. They were childhood friends, but never had they engaged in a battle together. Would he be comfortable with the idea?

Her thoughts then strayed to the Risen. She had read many a book, heard many a story of their horrific deeds, but had only once witnessed their presence. Did she really want to leave her family behind when such a menace was looming on their doorstep?
  17. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    "I am certain, Lord Temple, Lady Karina." Lawrence had rested both fists on the table. "Firstly, Lady Karina, I will not be going to fight on the frontlines. I will take a small division of knights -my own knights, I might add, who function best under my own command- in a movement that the Mad King will hopefully not notice until I am at his doorstep." He knew getting that far unnoticed was wishful thinking, even with lady Robin's tactical genius. "As for Lord Temple..."

He swallowed and shut his eyes before echoing his retainer's words. "My younger brother, Lord Raymond, is of legal age and great intellect. Should anything happen to me, I have naught but faith in his capabilities to govern Everett and produce heirs in my stead." He didn't want to think about the possibility of him leaving Ray and Leah behind. Thinking about it brought back painful memories, and bleak prospects of another too young Everett noble left to his own devices.

Fortunately, Serena provided him a very welcome distraction. "Absolutely not!" he exclaimed, a lot louder than he had hoped. "We may not be going to outright war," he continued, a lot more in control of himself, "But you must understand that this is, nonetheless, a dangerous mission. I will not endanger a woman, least of all a fellow noble of Ylisse."

"You will, Lord Everett." Prince Chrom interrupted. "Lady Calderon has the right of it. I will believe that you have horses specifically trained for difficult terrain, but Calderon's mages are far more suited for the deserts of Plegia. They can and will save lives, one of which could be your own."

"If Lord Calderon agrees to the plans," Robin interrupted, "Then this is what I understand of the situation." She pointed her quill towards Lawrence. "Lord Everett and Lady Calderon will lead a small unit of specialized Everett horsemen with desert-trained horses, as well as a detachment of Calderon magic users, into Plegia to secure and escort Exalt Emmeryn home. While I appreciate the second company of mages and swordsmen, Lady Calderon, I think their strength is best used within the Halidom, especially since we want to keep the numbers in Plegia low." Her quill moved to Lord Temple.

"At the same time, Lord Temple and Lady Karina will combine their lands' forces to protect the halidom itself from the fresh threat of the Risen. They will be backed by a squad of Everett's finest." Lawrence nodded, although he was still uncomfortable with the idea of bringing Serena into hostile territory. "Unless any of you have objections," Lady Robin concluded, "I would like to temporarily dismiss Lord Erante, Lord Temple and Lady Karina, while we discuss mission details with Lady Themis, Lord Everett and Lady Calderon."
  18. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    "By yer leave mi'lady." Jacob stands and retrieves his armor and hammer before bowing to Lady Robin. "Lady Karina I'd like ta have a word wit ya 'bout yer request. If ya need me I'll be lookin fer a blacksmith an'..." The lord looks at his shoulder frowning a bit. "...possibly a healer. Good day."

Sentinel stands outside the conference room towering over a few House Ylisse Soldiers. They look nervously at the Temple General exchanging looks at each other as well. Both Soldiers snap to attention as Jacob bursts through the door. "Sentinel!" The General removes her helmet her green shoulder length hair falling out from her helmet.

"Mi'lord." Sentinel salutes her accent thicker than even Jacob's.

"Yer ta go back ta Temple Keep an' ready tha troops fer assignments wi'tin tha Halidom. I may be goin' ta House Karina. Yer ta tell Carinthis ta group tha squads tagether. I'll give ya more information as I can. Dismissed."

"Aye mi'lord." Sentinel puts her helmet back on and walks away. The two Soldiers stare at Sentinel as she leaves.

"She'd break ya in half 'fore she'd be wit ya boys." Jacob laughs continuing to walk as the Soldiers look flustered.
  19. UnnamedDude

3DS Friend Code:
    2981-6385-7964
    Beatrix stood, and with a slight "by your leave," excused herself from the conference room. She had a feeling that her advisers would not appreciate her pledges, and doubtless they would assume she was taken in by a fit of youthful passion. Still, she wasn't particularly worried about them. What did discomfort her was her mother's possible reactions to her intentions to protect the realm personally. Her father had died in the last war, so she had to endeavor to survive this one so as not to let the house perish. At least so they would argue. Stubborn women, both she and her mother. Though the younger of them nearly always lost, a clash between the two of them nearly never went well, for them or for anyone who had the misfortune of being in their general vicinity.

She shook her head and set out after Lord Temple. She still didn't entirely trust him, but this worked out for the better; her assignment was such that she could keep an eye on him and hopefully get a better grasp of his character before things got out of hand.

When she caught up, she found him making some sort of snappy remark to two staring recruits. Lovely. She sighed, then spoke.

"Lord Temple? I believe you wished to speak with me regarding my request?"
  20. Lightascetic

Lightascetic Member reg

"Understood." Serena had been ready to refute Lawrence's concerns, but Lady Robin stepped in to do that for him. She had never fought by his side, but Serena could understand his concerns. After her teenage escapade which almost had her killed, Lawrence had seriously scolded her for her naivety. Ever since, any involvement she had in military business greatly disconcerted him. Nonetheless, she was a fully grown woman now, and was beginning to harden in the face of war and combat.

"Best of luck to you both." Serena acknowledged Lord Temple and Lady Karina's exit before returning her focus to those who remained at the conference table.

"Will we have time to return to our Houses, or shall I send a messenger to request my father's permission? I am confident in his approval, however." She could practically feel Lawrence's reluctance; it hung around him like a smog. Now was not the time for a personal discussion: not in front of High Highness.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.