Cold Tips and Hot Trails [Guy + Clooby + UnnamedDude]

Discussion in 'Classic Dungeons' started by Eevachu, Jan 12, 2014.

1. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

Goron Mines
    Dungeon Master: Eevachu

Players/Characters

Dungeon Rules
    You may control NPC dialogue slightly as long as it does not majorly effect anything, such as having a brief line of conversation. However, if they gave away crucial info in this, such as the location of a key needed to open a locked door, that would be unallowed. Combat will work similarly, to make it more interesting for the player. You may have the enemy make certain actions in combat, as long as they do not disadvantage anyone, ally or not, or change the flow of battle. Having the enemy Lizalfos strike at your blade with his is acceptable, but having him trip and impale himself on your blade is not. The actual outcome of actions is to be determined by me. It is recommended to keep this to a minimum, as if you do one of these actions and I feel it is not what I had in mind or conflicts with what that character would normally do, I will ask you to alter it. Likewise, though I will keep character control to a minimum, there may be times when I have to decide your character's actions myself. If If your character makes an action you feel is out of character, inform me and I will fix it. Please determine how you wish to spend your rupees quickly, and add it to the beginning or end of one of your RP posts. If it is a treasure and you have a certain means by which you wish to acquire it, message me and I will consider it. Otherwise, I will work it into the dungeon by some means, so as such, the earlier the better.

--

It was a bright, warm, fresh day. The sunlight shone down from above, wrapping around and enveloping your skin. At least, it would have if you weren't clad head to toe in armor. . . and if you had skin. Mountains decorated the environment around you, though perhaps not the tallest you had ever seen. You had received a tip that somewhere in the caverns around this area of the mountains lived a powerful fire beast, which had slain numerous adventurers all by itself. However, due to the lack of survivors there didn't seem to be a large portfolio of info beyond that. Being the bloodthirsty warrior you were, such a challenge was right up your alley. Who was this armor clad monster, however? It was none other than Sienna!

You had seemingly reached your destination, the cavern that led to the beast. At least, that was what the instructions you had received led you to believe. Strangely, you could hear noises from inside the cavern. A loud, bellowing noise echoed off the cavern walls outside. The noise was low in pitch, but you could deduce that it was a voice. However, the actual words went unknown. Was there someone in there? Although you couldn't make out the words, it didn't sound particularly monster-like, but you've been walking in the sun in heavy armor, what do you know?

--

It was a bright, warm, fresh day. That seems a bit familiar, doesn't it? Deja vu. You seemed to curiously look to and fro as you walked between stone after stone, as if looking for something within the small mountain range you had found yourself in. You were looking for your allies. Recently, there had been a small gang of criminals assaulting small traveling caravans and looting their supplies. There was even a few reports of murder. While normally someone like you wouldn't be all the way out here for some mere caravan thieves, they had committed a serious crime. These criminals took the head of a somewhat important nobleman, causing the Hylian guard to act. Soon after, they received a tip that the gang of thieves' hideout was somewhere within this mountain range. A small squadron of guards were sent out to apprehend them, with you leading them. Who was this experienced guard captain, however? It was none other than Julius!

. . . However, there had been a small hiccup. Your men were not very experienced with these mountains, and a couple were rather fresh blood. As such, due to some complication and events along the way, the squadron got split up throughout the mountains, and now you were alone, searching for the rest of your team AND the thieves. Perhaps that was why you were here, to help give the new blood experience while in a safer environment due to your appearance. As you walked through the mountains, you caught the tailwind of a voice coming from a nearby cavern. Inching over, you could determine that it was a deep, booming voice, but you could not make out what it was saying. However, it didn't sound like any of your men, so who was it? Then again, your memory is a bit fading, so maybe one of their voices slipped your mind?

--

The heat was thick, as you slowly cut through it, the only thing providing relief being the spinning leaves up above. It was at times like this you may have envied other races, who had better means to deal with the heat. It was rather creepy, a narrow tunnel illuminated only by Blue Fire. Although you could see, the luminescent blue glow let off by the fire made things nerve wracking, sending a chill down your non existent spine. Well, at least it would help to cool you off in this heat. You had to keep going though, it was your mission. You had received a tip from a few Korok that this cavern in this mountain range was the perfect location to plant a Great Deku Tree. However, it was a long travel, so they were far too tired to make the trip. Lazy, right? Not you, however, you were dedicated, you were determined. Who were you? It was none other than Mei!

As you flew and flew, you started to see a bit of light at the end of the tunnel. Eventually breaking out, you were met with a surprise; heat, lots of it. Specifically, magma. A powerful updraft hit you as you left the tunnel, sending you spiraling out of control apparently straight towards magma. You tried and tried to control your copter, but it just seemed to not work. Shutting your eyes, this seemed to be the end, you wouldn't get to plant the seed of the Great Deku Tree after all. However, you seemed to be rising again, strangely. It seems as if you had hit another updraft, sending you flying high up before falling face first onto the hard, warm earth. You were a bit dazed by the impact, and your face was a little sore, but it's better than lava at least. You could've sworn you heard something far off in the distance, a noise of some sort. Then again, you were rather dazed, and dumb enough to believe you could plant a Great Deku Tree seed in a mountain.

--

Buzz buzz buzz buzz buzz buzz buzz.

Buzzing through the air, giving not a care, that was the life you lead. What wonderful adventures would await you today? Just the other day, you got in a bar fight with a stick you swore was alive, but it turned out to just be laying on top of a worm. Crazy stories, right? You were in a cavern now, a rather warm cavern. Anything for the pursuit of riches though! You received a tip from a rat that there was an exceedingly rare treasure somewhere in this cavern, one that would grant all your riches. Seeing as how it must be a reliable source, you buzzed off to investigate, even if it meant fighting. But who the buzz were you? Why, you were. . . Who are you, I can't see anyone. Oh, there you are! Buzzari Bugman!

They say even a bee has to bee a bee out of water to bee alive sometimes. That's what you heard once, but does it even make any sense? Who cares! As you buzzed through the cavern, you popped out of a small hole to see colossal rock giants, several hundred times larger than you. Of course, to any normal person, these would be known as Goron, but perhaps you had a bit of a different perspective on it. They were talking, but you couldn't seem to understand them because you were buzzing far too loudly, maybe a bit excited? I'm sure they're friendly, but who knows, you're a bee. Maybe they'll just think you're beeneath them and swat you like a fly. Sorry, I'm sure that's offensive.​
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2014
  2. UnnamedDude

UnnamedDude Lighting up the Fire in the Night vet

3DS Friend Code:
    2981-6385-7964
    OOC (open)
    Just gonna pop in here and say that my requested treasure is the Leaf Puppet, which eats up all my rupees.
    The first thought in Mei's head after landing was that this was either the most ingenious plan ever or the most entirely feather-brained. On one hand, no sane person, servant of Ganon or no, would ever find the Great Deku seed or sapling here. On the other hand, no sane person would ever come here. Also, MAGMA. Dear sweet DIN, magma everywhere. This must've broken every single safety measure that the Great Deku Tree had ever advocated.

She was told to seek out this cave, true. But no one, ever, told her that there would be magma. For heaven's sake, she was a Korok! No wonder those slackers had stayed back... But she decided to give them the benefit of a doubt. Maybe there was some sort of arable land on the other side of the cave. Or maybe there was some form of amazing soil, or ash? Her mind marveled at the possibilities. At any rate, she was too far along now to turn back, so she would just have to make the most of it.

Now, every survival instinct her body possessed screamed at her to avoid the loud noise; but, her sense of adventure told her to DOITDOITDOIT. TREASURE IS ALWAYS IN THE DIRECTION OF DANGER!

She drew out her pouch of Chill Seeds pre-emptively. Hopefully if she ran across any magma troubles, they would help her out. When lava cooled, it turned into solid ground...right?
  3. Guy

Guy Admin admin

OOC (open)
    I just realized how hard it's going to be switching between my most-serious-character-ever and my least-serious-character-ever.

I have a budget of 60 rupees, so....
    - For 20 rupees, Sienna Denzrita will get Magnet Boots.
    - For 40 rupees, Buzzari Bugman will get Shock Enchantment. I'd like it to be something he already knows before going into the dungeon, since I wanted him to know it from the start (to make his "stings" hurt), but I couldn't afford it.

By the time Sienna made it to the cavern, she was already on the verge of panting. The Goron Tunic slipped under her armor had been a wise investment indeed, as she likely would have already collapsed from the heat. It didn't much help with climbing sheer mountain cliffs with one hand holding an eleven-foot glaive, though. A sane person probably would have considered getting a smaller weapon, or finding some way to store it. Sienna was considering how long it would take her to smash this mountain range until it was as flat as Hyrule Field.

After a dozen seconds or so, however, she had regained her composure. Taking her trusted weapons securely into both hands, the glistening armor advanced steadily into the cave. Whatever made that noise didn't seem very threatening--although, really, almost nothing seemed threatening to Sienna--but that didn't mean there couldn't be something waiting in ambush just on the other side of the entrance...

---

Buzz.... buzz-buzz-buzz... Rats didn't ever attack Buzzari! That must mean they are friendly, so they should bee trustworthy! So there must bee a treasure in here. Buzzari was sure that it would bee extra shiny, too! Unfortunately, he couldn't bee sure where such a treasure would bee. This cavern was an awfully big place for one little bee. Thankfully, some friends were nearby as soon as he made his way in!

"Buzz?" Buzzari prodded quietly at the thick bicep of the giant mountain man. Hopefully the big fellow would not be scared of bees--although big fellows often were afraid, for no apparent reason. If anything, bees should be afraid of them! So big! Buzzari didn't want to be squished, as that was a fairly poor start to any journey. Hopefully he could buzz away quickly enough if the big fellow tried to swat him.

When the giant didn't seem to notice him, Buzzari began floating and skittering up his arm, before crawling onto his shoulder. Surely he would be noticed now! Or at least, his buzzing would be audible. "Good buzz, sir!" Buzzari sat with his legs crossed, smiling innocently at the corner of the giant's giant eye. He was trying to look as innocent as possible, which wasn't exactly difficult. "My name would bee Buzzari Bugman!" He smiled, "Buzz! Sorry, but I am a little buzzy. I'm buzzing about in a rush to find a treasure, you see! Buzz, buzz, you know? Would you know anything about it, buzz? I have reason to beelieve it's quite shiny!"

---

Elsewhere, a lone Deku Scrub sat in immeasurable levels of heat, so hot any normal wooden creature would have already caught flame. Deep in meditation, Tent Emberwood cleared his mind, seeking only to become one with the flame, the heat, and the magma that so embodied the almighty Din's strength. Like it was, he sought only to become a useful tool for the goddess; a weapon gripped tightly in her glorious hand, to strike down any and all who opposed her will, burning them to ash in the holy flames of justice.
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2014
  4. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    Perhaps it really was one of my lost men having wandered into this cave via mishap, the guard captain thought momentarily. He eyed the rocky cave entrance warily, his keener senses tuning in and out of his surrounding environment. There didn't seem to be anything immediately threatening about it, but you were never too sure around these parts...

Perhaps the first thing he noticed upon wandering a few feet into the cavern was an especially intense heat, one that reminded him of the forge, but would only grow in strength until it seared his skin and boiled him alive in his armor. Ganon would like that, wouldn't he, Julius pondered absentmindedly, smirking at his own sense of humor. Surgate Stew, prepared in only the finest of Julius brothes, he thought, venturing deeper into the cavern. The heat wasn't entirely uncomfortable to him, having worked many a forge in his time. Rounding an edge that lead to a darker section of the cavern, he finally let out a brief laugh over whatever he was thinking about, though it would likely simply still be more thoughts about Ganon eating his flesh as one of his evil minions, most likely a Darknut or Moblin, stood alone in some form of kitchen area, cleaning and preparing his armor for the next poor soul to be cooked alive in.

What a track record his armor would have, then. A reputable guard captain and near-master swordsman gifted the armor by Zelda herself, and later consumed by Ganon after being cooked in the very same suit of armor. He continued into the cave, still a slight chuckle escaping from his lips as he continued deeper into the ever hotter caves.
  5. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

OOC (open)
    Treasures added. Buzzari can already have Shock Enchantment, the rest will be obtained at some point in the dungeon.

Furthermore, I'd like to inform you of the theme of this dungeon. The theme, aside from what you expect from Goron Mines, will be 'trust' and 'lies'. Interpret that as you will, but it may differ from what you interpret it as.

Standing to her feet, Mei could recognize the noises as coming from a nearby tunnel. After shaking the momentary daze she had taken due to the impact, she would quickly come to realize that it wasn't just noises she heard, they were voices. Summoning all of the courage dwelling in your tiny form, you stepped forward, determined to seek them out. After all, you had a mission, and maybe they could help. The voices seemed to come from around the bend of a cavern corner, so you couldn't see just what they were until you entered. By the way, wouldn't it be hilarious if the ground was so hot, your feet melted to the ground? Or it set you ablaze due to your wooden make-up? . . .No, it wouldn't?

Anyway, as you wrapped around the corner, before you saw them, you could make out a few words of conversation. "Goro? Goro?" Fell upon your ears(?) as you turned, and your eyes were met with a trio of Goron, sitting in a small, camp-like area. Of course, for the most part it was simply rocks. They sat on large rocks, they munched on rocks, and there were rocks. However, they didn't seem to notice or address you, as they were preoccupied with something else. . .

--

Buzzzzzz. Although your initial prodding didn't seem to grab their attention, the other was a little different. Buzzing up to their ear, you let out a loud, audible buzz which didn't go unnoticed. The Goron you had rest yourself on looked left and right curiously, confused. "Goro?" He seemed confused for a moment until you spoke, causing him to jump in panic and fall back, nearly falling off the large rock he had fixated himself on. "Dongorongo! Stop playing tricks again, Goro! Sounded like it was right next to me. . ." The Goron shouted, causing the Goron nearby to give a response.

"Goro? I didn't do anything, are you okay Gorbor?" Then, when you introduced himself, the Goron seemed shocked. "Buzzari? Who's there?" It took him a moment of looking around until Dongorongo pointed you out. "Gorbor. . . What's that on your shoulder?" The Goron turned his head downward, to see a small, bee-like creature, who had just finished asking where to find shiny treasure. Gorbor almost smacked the bee out of surprise, but then realized that it wasn't just a bee, it was a talking bee, in a cave. "Hey, check it out, goro! A talking bee!" The other two Goron moved closer to look at Buzzari curiously, interested.

The other two stared, fixated at you, for a moment, before Dongorongo spoke. "Well? Go ahead, say something!" They had completely ignored your question, and it was likely they didn't even hear you. Meanwhile, from an entrance to the south, a tiny Korok stood, completely unnoticed so far.

--

As Sienna and Julius entered their respective caverns, they winded down a short, narrow path, but the voices didn't stop. In fact, they became clearer, and it seemed as if it was. . . singing? They heard a clear, deep voice singing as they turned around a cavern corner, reaching a somewhat large room. Numerous different cavern holes decorated the walls, and they had come out of two such holes. In the center of the room was a large Goron wearing a dirtied, brown hat. On his face was a massive, black moustache, but you both probably knew Goron could not normally grow facial hair.

In front of him was a large iron pot, and below that, a roaring fire. He seemed to have a large rock in both hands, spinning it around in circles in the pot, stirring as he sang. "Smash the Tektite, with a rock.~ Scoop the Tektite, with a rock.~ Cook the Tektite, with a rock.~ Eat the Tektite, with a rock.~" He sung, tossing what appeared to be a Tektite leg into the pot. He sung the line again, tossing a small rock into the pot as he finished. He continued, completely unaware that the two of you had entered the room. However, you both noticed him, and possibly each other. Maybe he would know where to find whatever it was you were looking for. . . Then again, look at that moustache he was wearing, how reliable was he?
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2014
  6. Guy

Guy Admin admin

Sienna already found herself rather annoyed with this entire situation. The way this was supposed to work involved a horrid huge beast roaring its face off, only to have a polearm plowed clean through its face. Instead, her mighty glaive was being used almost exclusively as a walking stick for far too long.

She didn't know what the Goron was babbling about, though it seemed to be cooking some form of giant insect.

More interestingly, there was another individual here with armor which begun to rival her own in glory. The style and marking seemed characteristic of Hylians somehow, most obviously the Triforce. No race seemed to love their own fairy tales as much as Hylians. It was difficult to tell from where Sienna, but the man's sword seemed different that the stale recipes to which most Hylian smiths adhere. This would be an interesting one to slay, Sienna mused... but it didn't look like a Hylian's normal stomping ground.

Without saying a word, she began to move towards him, casually, but with her hand omnipresently secured around her glaive. His reaction would determine how this played out.

---

...Bzz. Too often did Buzzari forget how shocked giants were whenever they realized bees could talk. He could talk to bees and giants just fine. Couldn't everyone? It always seemed strange, but, he had far more important things to do right now. There were shinies afoot!

Before that, though, he needed to appease to the giants. After taking a deep breath, he raised both arms and announced dramatically as he could...

"SOMETHING!
    Buzz!"

Unfortunately, his echoing words were likely heard as only a notch or two above an inaudible squeak.
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2014
  7. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    Julius's senses scanned the environment surrounding him. There was, of coursebthe singing goron in the center of the room, but there was an additional life-force heading near towards him...alarming still, was the lack of a read he could get on the goron. For one thing, he knew it was physically impossible for a goron to grow hair; hell, they had rocks for nipples. Second, gorons dined specifically on rock and gemstones. It was simply unfeasible for there to be a goron making any form of tektite-based food; he wasn't even sure if they were edible with their capable stomachs.

He based the other life-force drawing nearer still to him. He grasped the wooden hilt of his blade and turned in its general direction, his feet planted securely on the floor. The first thing he noticed was that it was carrying an enormous glaive; at least double its possessor's height...which wasn't much, he soon noticed. Judging from their stature, they would have to be either a diminutive member of a larger race...or something more similar to a kokiri, or deku. It was hard to tell with the amount of armor covering their body, however. Turning his head to the side to catch another glimpse of the goron, before looking forward to the armored being once again. He began to approach it at a slow, steady pace, careful to not make any noise which would stir the chef from his reverie. His hand remained on the wooden hilt of his blade, a cautious yet unexpecting grasp. He didn't have it gripped too tightly, anyone could plainly observe, and as he continued to move toward the mystery warrior, he continued to glance at the goron every while and again. Soon, he and the armor-clad warrior met in stride. Julius took the pre-emptive to conversation speaking in a very low, hushed tone, "We can get to know each other later. For now, you see that goron standing in the center over there?" Julius turned, eyeing him warily, "He's not an actual goron, I don't think. For one thing, they don't grow hair, any where, and second, they don't eat...tektites," Julius added, gagging at the thought of eating such a monstrosity. "But, he may have answers...whatever he is. I suggest we try intimidation," his grasp grasp on his sword's hilt tightening, "On three," he said, beginning to count down.
  8. Guy

Guy Admin admin

Sienna's eyes might as well glazed over from boredom at hearing this--presumed Hylian--speak. He was a weird Goron, sure, but most would never believe that she herself was a Deku Scrub. Even her brother managed to make his leaves look like hair, somehow. For all she knew, it was a fake moustache, and the Goron was making the soup for a Hylian guest who happened to be delusional and be head-to-toe-clad in armor. She didn't know why this stranger was getting all riled up, but before she could stop him, he was already counting down. Oh well.

"...one."

Sienna's feather shuddered as she pounced and soared to where the Goron was cooking his soup, aiming to slam him to the ground with a merciless flying dropkick to the side of his neck. If he fell, her metal-clad fists would soon be beating the living daylights out of him, left, right, left, right, left, all as she screamed like a maniac right in his face, his arms pinned beneath her boots. She assumed that would be pretty intimidating, so, hopefully it worked.
  9. UnnamedDude

3DS Friend Code:
    2981-6385-7964
    Mei tilted her little head at the three large Gorons eating rocks. She supposed that this was a far more habitable place for a man made of rock, after all. But still, she had her mission and she was not to be deterred! Not mountains nor lava nor gloom of caves could prevent her from scouting her appointed locations, by gum!

Her confidence began to wane the closer she came to these men of rock, though. Not only were they not interested in her, they seemed quite absorbed with something entirely different, that she could not see. Still... no time to get cold feet.

She raised her voice a bit. "Hello there! Pardon me, but have any of you seen anything that might help me plant an important seed? Fertile soil, special springwater... anything?"
  10. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

As the small bee-like man shouted, the Goron known as Gorbor fell back in shock. A talking bee, in the mines?! Unbelievable! "It- It really is, Goro! A talking bee!" As the Gorons flipped out over the talking bee, a voice from afar was heard. It almost went unnoticed to the three Goron, but the third and final Goron, Gorrito, managed to catch it. "Goro?" He quizzed, turning his head slightly. Plant a seed, goro? In the mines?

The Goron let out a deep chuckle. Who would try to plant a seed in the mines, goro? That's just dumb! She must be playing a trick on him or something. "Springwater? In these mines, goro? Hahaha, no such thing, goro! My eyes have only met with delicious rocks and magma down here, goro, nothing of that sort." Dongorongo interjected, turning his head away from Buzzari to face Mei. "Well, goro. . . I heard a rumor that deep in the caverns lies the perfect setting for a plant, goro. Rich soil- Without any rocks, goro- surrounded by fresh water, it would be perfect for a seed, goro! . . . But that is dangerous, goro. There are monsters down there. Stay here with us and eat rocks, goro. I'm Dongorongo, goro!" The Goron introduced himself, picking up two small rocks and handing one to Mei. He tried to hand another to Buzzari, but it was several times larger than he was.

"Oh, sorry bee brother, goro." He said as he shoved the rock in his mouth to eat. Directed at Buzzari, Gorbor turned back to face Buzzari. "I'm Gorbor, goro! Okay now Mr. Bee, say goro, goro!" Gorrito sat down on a rock somewhat closer to Mei. "I'm Gorrito, goro. That there is Mr. Bee Brother, goro." Mei probably wouldn't be able to tell what he was talking about though. Goro.

--

This was the stupidest plan I've ever seen.

With that out of the way, the Goron seemed to not pay you any attention as you talked or moved, happily stirring his soup and singing. As Sienna jumped and tackled them however, the reaction was different. He fell to the ground, the impact sending the boiling hot soop splashing in front of him at Julius. Slamming against the ground, Sienna started pummeling him, punch after punch colliding with my face.

"M. . .My soup, goro. . . " Sienna could vaguely hear him mutter between punches, but it wouldn't be quite as vague after. "M. . . MY SOUP, GOROOOO!" He boomed as his body quickly changed. His arms expanded in size as did his body, turning a darker, brown-ish tiny of red. He almost seemed to be around the size of a Yeti now, with thick arms to boot. Speaking of boots, with this newfound size increase Sienna's boots weren't enough to hold his arms down. Though she tried to leap away, it was unsuccessful as he grabbed her legs with his massive, rocky arms. "MY SOUP GOROOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" His voice echoed throughout the caverns as he lifted Sienna's comparatively light body up, flinging her harshly in the air. Her body flew through the air, and unless anything was done would slam into the wall across from him.

On the ground to his feet rest the small, battered brown hat and thick black moustache. They had fallen off almost immediately due to the punches Sienna delivered, resting near the small fire that had been used to heat the boiling soup.
  11. Guy

Guy Admin admin

OOC (open)
    I'll wait for Mei to act before Buzzari does something. He's mostly a joke-character, anyway.

Like a pellet from a slingshot, Sienna's steel-clad body arched through the air, crashed through a stalactite, and embedded in the cavern's wall with a thunderous thud that formed a small crater in the stone. Despite the thunderous aching throbbing throughout her entire body, the groan she uttered was not one of pain, but one of annoyance and frustration. Like peeling paint, her body rolled forward from its crater, and fell to the ground, tumbling head-over-heels.

A streak of white shot through the cave, the furry beast snatching up its owner from the fall. Though it would have been nothing compared to what she just experienced, Ravager still felt a bit of pride in saving her from further injury. Sienna clutched a tuft of his snowy furry, groaning as she arose into a seated position atop his muscular form. "Next time I tell you to follow me," she grumbled firmly, "You'd better stick close, you stupid mutt." She had intended much more thorough discipline, but there was a more pressing matter at the moment--what the fuck did that Goron wannabe turn into?

Ravager was already bringing her back to the monster. The glaive Sienna wielded had been dropped when she was punching the living daylights out of him, so at present she had no chose but to draw her wakizashi--its blade loosing a metallic hiss as it left the scabbard. Mounted and charging, Sienna held the blade overhead as she sought until to slay this beast. Needless to say, no being was permitted to strike her that hard and live. Hopefully the Hylian-like thing would be able to pull his weight in this fight, but she doubted it.
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2014
  12. UnnamedDude

3DS Friend Code:
    2981-6385-7964
    Mei beamed at the Goron as he told her of it. So there was something here! Well, she certainly had to press on after hearing that. "Oh, that sounds wonderful!" She exclaimed, nodding. "Thank you very much, mister Dongorongo, mister Gorrito, mister Gorbor!" she said, turning and bowing to each one. "Oh, uhh..." she said, holding the rock she was given, "But I think my mouth may be a bit too delicate for these...delicacies." she tried to make it as diplomatic a comment as possible. Mei didn't want to impugn these Gorons' hospitality, but something told her that igneous rock would not agree with her digestive system, or...whatever it was she had. She rarely thought about it, being part plant. At any rate, she tried to offer it back to the nice Goron man.

But... "Bee brother?" She looked down a little closer to where Dongorongo had attempted to offer...something... a rock. A tiny humanoid being stood there, scarcely the size of a blade of grass. "Oh! Hello there, little guy!"
  13. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    Julius watched, stunned, as she began to fly at the goron. This is not what he in mind, no, no, no. His heart began to beat frantically as that...thing, transformed into an absolute monster. Extending his legs and coming up from his crouching position, he drew his sword as the pot initially began to to topple over, its boiling contents spilling onto the floor, some of it even managing to rain upon his armor, though the heat was barely noticeable under his armor. A few droplets of the yellowish soup managed to sear his skin temporarily; maybe he really was going to be boiled alive! The slight pain wore off soon, however, as he began to rush towards the monstrous goron. Doubting his rage could be placated by any means of diplomacy at this point, he raised his shield as he drew ever closer to the goron, Sienna having smashed into the wall a few mpments prior.

"Hey, stonehead!" He shouted, trying to draw its focus to him. A faint presence surged in the room; a fourth, close to where she had impacted the wall. A white wolfos, for whatever reason loyal to the masked marauder, swiftly ran to its owner as she dropped onto his back. An interesting combo, he idly toyed with. Still trying to get the thing's attention, he closed into melee range at last. She was beginning to charge at the goron; if they hadn't learned anything from before, it was that simply rushing this foe wouldn't work. Careful, precise tactics and teamwork would need to be employed on the fly, as Julius began to lash out against their foe, who almost assuredly was doing the same to Julius.
  14. Guy

Guy Admin admin

Bee brother? It brought back sudden memories of a weird Minish fellow who called him the same thing. What a nice fellow that wasp... This much larger fellow, Gorbor, wasp reminiscent of him in some ways. A good friend, who deserved to hear Buzzari's beeutiful bee-voice. With a grand gesture of his hands, Buzzari announced with all of his gusto,

"Gorobuzz!"

Unfortunately, though these giant rock-people were quite friendly, Buzzari realized he couldn't stay much longer. Though they had rocks, none of them seemed to bee shiny, much less bee edible. The plant-fellow, however, seemed like he wasp searching for something, and beehaps, that something would be of utmost shininess! As such, Buzzari hopped from his perch, and floated up to the plant-person close enough to bee seen easily.

"Hello, goro! ...I mean buzz!"

"I would bee Buzzari, seeker of shiny things! Bzz! These fellows are very nice and kind, I think, but unfortunately they do not share my desire of the shiny. Where you're going, perhaps, would there be something shiny?" After asking the question, his eyes momentarily turned back to Gorbor, silently hoping he would seek this venture as well. How could anyone resist the shininess of something truly shiny? It utterly beewildered him.
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2014
  15. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

As you mentioned the potential shinies, Gorbor's eyes seemed to, rather surprisingly, glow with a newfound desire. "S-Shinies, goro?! L-Like, rock shinies, goro?!" The Goron looked at Buzzari, as if awaiting an answer, but was quickly interrupted. "But Gorbor, you know it's too dangerous down there! You're not supposed to go down, goro!" Dongorongo spoke, but Gorbor was not one to give in that easily. "But brother, you know of the delicious shiny, goro?" Delicious shiny? The Gorons looked to the ceiling as they seemed to visualize it, jaws dropped as they did so. If Goron could salivate, they would likely be doing so.

This fantasy was interrupted by Dongorongo once more, "But it's still too rocksy, goro. These rocks are still tasty, goro." Gorbor glanced back and forth from person to person, conflicted and torn on whether to pursue the shiny rocks or not. . . if there were shiny rocks, that was. That thought didn't seem to cross his mind, though.

--

Crying out at the Goron, he seemed completely unphased by the taunts Julius had delivered, not even turning his attention to the Hylian for a moment in response.

As the sharp edges slid and sliced through the air, they collided with various points on the Goron's body; Julius' blade collided around the upper arm area, while Sienna's wakizashi sliced into the large, round belly of the Goron. Despite these different locations, one thing that remained similar among both of them were rocks. A multitude of thick rocks spread among the creature's body, seemingly growing out of nowhere. As the blades sliced into the rocks to penetrate the squishy flesh below, they both noticed a similar reaction. The blades slowed to a complete stop, unable to cut through the rocky chunks. They were surprisingly extremely durable despite their size and sudden growth, weren't they?

As the duo was probably momentarily shocked by this sudden realization, the monstrous hulk creature pulled his arm back, slamming it into Sienna with a smack and sending her flying back. If she held onto Ravager during this, she would likely only fall back- albeit with Ravager on top of her-, but pull the Wolfos with him. However, if she released him, he would stay put but she would fall farther and risk more injury upon herself. Alternatively, if she held onto the wakizashi lodged in the Goron's thick rock hide, she would likely prevent movement entirely and possibly even withdraw the wakizashi along with it, at the cost of a severe increase in the pain she would feel from the impact. Her massive glaive rest a foot or two behind where Ravager currently stood, so it wouldn't be too difficult to retrieve if she so chose.

As for Julius, after smacking Sienna, the Goron grabbed at his hand holding the hilt of the blade, presumably trying to withdraw it as quickly as possible. Though it did not crush his fingers, Julius felt moderate pressure squeeze his fingers as the Goron gripped the hilt tightly, pulling it and ripping the sword out of his shoulder. Slugging his arm to the side, he swung Julius' sword and arms around, causing him to become unstabilized and stumble, though he managed to keep his balance enough to not fall.

After doing this, the Goron reached down to his feet, voice bellowing as he did. Though, it was a different phrase from before. "MY. . . ROOOOOOOOOOOOOCKS, GOROOOOOO!" He whined like a young child throwing a tantrum after being refused his favorite toy. In his hands rest a pile of flames, a couple burning wooden planks. Though they had been burning for a short while, the wood overall seemed rather solid still, and on fire. "I WANT MY ROOOOOOOOOOOOCKS!" He whined as he hurriedly flung the recklessly gathered portion of campfire in Julius' direction. Though it was seemingly aimed at him, the hulk didn't seem to be thinking this through; A good portion of the flames and wood fell to the ground before reaching Julius, while only a couple of planks would reach its destination, should he choose to stay still. Regardless, a scattered pathway of embers and ashes rest in the way between the Goron and Julius now.

His body was adorned with a multitude of the seemingly impenetrable rocks, with various small crevices separating rock from rock. They were a bit wider than the typical slits you'd expect in heavy armor, but the shapes were a bit funkier due to the bumps and roughness of the rocks.
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2014
  16. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    His arms twisted around, though he still had hold of his sword. The growths were similar to body armor, Julius had noticed, though the thought occured in the imstant that he transferred the momentum from the Goron into a shoulder roll to his right, popping back up in less than a sixth of a minute, the planks already having crashed into the dirt of the floor. He positioned himself to face the side of the Goron, ignoring where his ally was, though he could still get a general feel for where Siemma amd wolfos mount were in the cavern relative to himself.

He opened with a quick, fluent stroke of his shield, colliding with the Goron's right arm, and in the same motion taking a shallow, swift jab at a weak point in the side of his lower torso, though it would be closer to his hip or waist. As soon as his shield connected, he would swing back to a guarding position, wary of any attacks made by the monstrosity. However, of his shield didn't connect, either as solidly as he were hoping or at all, possibly; he could easily withdraw from his stabbing maneuver, the shallowness of his stab being key.
  17. Guy

Guy Admin admin

Sienna's eyes narrowed, hands clutching her sword firmly as she rolled back outermost shoulder to let her opposite bicep collide with the blow. Ineffectual as it might be, the spikes on her rerebrace might be able to find an unarmored spot if her blade couldn't.

Not that it really much mattered, as she was once again flung through the air--both hands still clutching her sword--with Ravager scurrying along underneath, struggling to catch her once more. He failed, and she skidded onto the ground with an agonizing groan of pain. Her body hadn't broken just yet, but so much as grasping the Wolfos' fur and climbing atop him was a painful experience. Obviously, this wasn't working--but if there was one thing Sienna would accomplish today, it would be killing this freak. Nothing else mattered anymore.

Once she was mounted, Sienna rode her beast a safe distance back, one hand clutching its fur, the other sheathed her wakizashi. It wouldn't be as useful against a beast with hide like that, regardless.

She rode around in a circle from a safe distance, trying to find an exploitable weakness as that Hylian-thing served as distraction. In the Goron's rocky armor were slits wide enough for blades, which seemed to be the most obvious option for attack. The wiser choice would be for the stupid Goron to calm down and return to normal, enabling her to finish it off with a single stroke. Unfortunately, the Hylian-thing was pissing it off even more, preventing such an outcome.

She had little choice, really.

While the Goron was distracted, Ravager was guided to find a spot behind the monster where its senses could reach. Once Sienna was sure it didn't detect her, only then would she lunge forward--Ravager charged with wild grace, and like a dog playing fetch, snatched up Sienna's glaive before launching it skyward, enabling Sienna's outstretched arm to catch. In one swift motion, the pint-sized warrior hopped to her feet, then focused her feather to fuel a leap which send her flinging upwards--and soaring down with all her weight towards the largest slit her weapon could find in the monster's backside.

(Sienna OP.)
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2014
  18. UnnamedDude

3DS Friend Code:
    2981-6385-7964
    "Er, pardon me," Mei said, finally daring to break the awkward silence, "But you keep mentioning these things 'down there.' Where exactly is 'down there,' if I may ask, gentlemen? Could you show me the way?"

Wherever this passageway to the deeper parts of the mines was, it certainly sounded as though it were a veritable treasure trove, and as though it would be a perfect place for the Kokiri but for the danger that the Gorons kept mentioning. But ah, well. As a Korok, it was her job specifically to investigate new areas and scout out potential sprouting places for the Great Deku Tree. If that meant throwing caution to the wind every now and again and looking upon strange, alien places, well, so be it! ...Besides, shiny things would be fun!

"And, well, Buzzari," she said to the littler creature, "if this place does have the items we're both looking for, would you mind if we traveled together?"
  19. Guy

Guy Admin admin

"Mind? Needless to say, buzz, I would bee absolutely delighted!" Hopping off the Korok's shoulder for a moment, Buzzari turned to Gorbor with an innocent smile so sweet that it could almost make one believe Buzzari was a bee of honey and not of bumbles. He inquired, "Dear brother, goro-buzz, I have every reason to beelieve there are rock-shinies as well as regular shinies! Bzz. Only you can guide our path." He offers a gracious bow of gratitude, "I would bee forever grateful, buzz!"

Still, he couldn't believe the other Gorons thought it was too rocksy! Their stingers must be missing, or something! Buzz. Although, Gorons probably didn't need stingers... buzz. To each their own, thought Buzzari.
  20. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

As you inquired about what exactly the things 'down there' were, and where they were, the Goron's boisterous attitudes seemed to go silent for a moment as they looked at each other for a moment before speaking. "Uh, well, goro. . . " Gorbor hesitated, pausing for a couple moments before continuing. "We know about as much as a rock, goro. All we know are tales, goro. My brothers have told me of monsters so strong that a punch won't even penetrate their rocky hides, goro! There's also lava over all the most delicious rocks, but that isn't a problem for us, goro. Plus, goro. . . It's like a maze down there, goro, you saw the mountains, right brother? We've never been down there, so we don't really know the way either, goro. . ." He seemed to be hesitant to go still, as Mei turned to talk to Buzzari, who happily accompanied agreed.

As he tried to convince the Goron once more, Dongorongo still disapproved, and the two seemed to start getting into an argument about it. Before it could escalate, however, they heard a light, deep laughter coming from away from them, from Gorrito. "Brother, brother, this fight is silly, goro. We are talking about the delicious rocks, goro. What else is there to pursue in life, but the rocks, goro? So what if it may be a little rocky, it will all be well worth it once we get a taste of the rare rocks, goro. To back down, brothers, means you're no real Goron, you're just a Deku Scrub, goro!" Gorbor and Dongorongo looked in awe as he gave his apparently awe inspiring speech, though neither Mei nor Buzzari may not have gotten it. It must be a Goron thing.

Dongorongo seemed to almost be in tears, if Goron could cry, at the speech. "Y-You're right, Gorrito. How could I be so foolish, brother, I'm so sorry, goro! We must go deep within the mines and find the special rocks together, brothers!" He said, looking at his two Goron companions and the other two that would be accompanying him. "Our pride as Goron is on the line, goro!" Gorrito nodded wisely as Dongorongo spoke, and Gorbor cheered triumphantly. "Yes, for the shiny rocks, goro! Follow us, goro, we'll lead the way!" Gorbor shouted, grabbing his bag of rocks along with the other Goron before heading down a cavern, munching on rocks as he ran.

Didn't he just say he didn't know where he was going. . . ? Well, you wanted them to tag along with you, and it seemed like they were more than willing to. "Let's go, brothers!" Dongorongo said to the two of you as he ran off to catch up to Gorbor, Gorrito following behind with you.

--

Julius acted first, thrusting forward with a swift shield bash against his arm and pushing his left arm forward against the Goron's wrist. Though it didn't seem very dazed by the shield bash, or damaged at all, really, due to the position of its hulking arms, the rock monster's upper and lower arm were pressed against each other, preventing movement as long as Julius kept locking it in place. Of course, even despite this initiation, Julius could still feel immense force try to push him away as the Goron's arm tried to unlock itself, but he managed to stand his ground and keep it in place.

Immediately following the shield bash, Julius threw out a swift piercing jab at the Goron's side, aimed for the opening crevices between rocks. Although it seemed to pierce past the rocks, it didn't pierce the Goron very far, due to a combination of the naturally thick skin he already possessed and the sporadically formed rock shapes catching the blade. Learning from last time, Julius didn't force it further, withdrawing the blade so as to not get it stuck. While not a deep cut, the creature seemed to notice, roaring once more about rocks as he swung a left hook at Julius, his right hand currently held back.

The Hylian quickly pulled his shield back, the massive, beefy flaming fist colliding with Julius and knocking him back slightly, though he managed to stand his ground with minimal injuries other than perhaps light shock from impact, but surely he was more than used to that.

As Julius distracted it, Sienna acted. Ravager dashed behind the Goron as it was preoccupied with the Hylian, seemingly completely unaware of the Deku Scrub's presence now. Ravager rushed forward, Sienna leaping into the air as her glaive flew up not even a moment after. Catching the glaive midair, Sienna dropped like a mountain on the Goron's back, glaive pointed down with all of the force she could muster. The blade pierced through a small slit in his back, though still the largest she could see within that moment or two. Despite this, the weight of the fall pushed the blade further down, piercing somewhat deeply into his back. Sienna landed on his massive back with the glaive protruding outward, the Goron crying out in pain as it was very visibly hurt. However, it didn't seem to be effected by the pain.

There was a problem for Sienna, however. She would find that although her glaive had scored a clean hit, it was lodged within the middle of his back. It was rather hard to pull out, and she didn't have time to withdraw it as she had to leap off, lest she be flung off as the Goron violently spun around behind him. Lifting his hands high into the air, they glowed with a bright white energy, slamming into the ground and sending a massive shockwave rippling throughout the room, in the directions of both Sienna and Julius. However, he had seemed to completely forget about Julius now, his attention entirely on Sienna and back turned to the Hylian. The only thing potentially in his way, it seemed, was the massive glaive sticking outward.
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2014