Added Sub Account Feature for RP Characters

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Bitoko, Sep 8, 2013.

1. Blonde Panther

Blonde Panther Not always sweet and delicate vet

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    I'm aware of the Dream Selfy site, but for Zoras, Dekus, and Ritos, it's horribly insufficient.
  2. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

ooh yeah good point. I have no idea, BP, sorry. Choosing avatars was always really difficult to me, and I know nothing about online artsy stuff. Maybe instead of portraits, have things that show "who they are" or what they represent or their essence or something? Sorry I can't be of more help.
  3. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    United Artists of Hyrule Castle: Set up shop NOW so that people with my problem but fatter wallets can feed yours.
  4. Tsubori

Tsubori Hunter of Beacon vet

I'm far too tired to make a big wall explaining my thoughts fully, but this is all coming back to a comparison you guys don't like hearing, but it's being made again. THis feels exactly like Skylessia all over again. While not as extreme, this is change for the sake of change. I don't think anyone really asked for this, and making it manditory is just layering on all the complications that make it so difficult to start RPing here. Seriously, at least five people I've gotten to come here, but give up on it because of the complicated layout. When I started it was this:

-Read lore
    -Read treasure system (Have BP explain it to me again afterwards)
    -Make a character
    -A mod comes in and says okay.
    -Add a link to your sig

Now, it'll be more like this.

-Read Lore and current events
    -Read treasure system, as well as having someone explain to you this Ascetic/Honored thing.
    -Make a character
    -A team of people all collaborate in private before deciding the character is okay.
    -Add character to sig
    -Add character to sidebar.
    -Make Sub-account for character

Honestly. I'm not agreeing here. I don;t see why you need to come out with something like this and make it mandatory.
  5. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    A question before I start setting up one or two accounts for the characters that I DO have avatars for. Is it possible to re-arrange the way subaccounts are displayed so that I can put them in alphabetical order? It seems silly and it's nitpicking, but it really bothers me when this sort of stuff is jumbled.
  6. Ribitta

Ribitta What would you ask of me? reg

Tsu:

1. "Read Lore and Current Events" Current events are optional and will remain this way.

2. "Read treasure system, as well as having someone explain to you this Ascetic/Honored thing" HH is also optional and is located in a second post accordingly. The treasure system is the most confusing and time consuming aspect of the site, but it's always been here.

3. "Make a character" Tough one to evade

4. "A team of people all collaborate in private before deciding the character is okay" Two people max, their collaboration does not require the RPer's time, only their critiques do, and characters can still be passed with just one individual. The staff merely chooses to use two because they can afford the manpower at present.

5. "Add character to sig" Thirty seconds maximum, very useful

6. "Add character to sidebar" As far as I'm aware this is not a rule nor will it be--the signature is enough.

7. "Make Sub-account for character" Will take forty-five seconds maximum. Also this is the only thing on this list that's both added since you joined and also potentially mandatory. If this roleplay is not worth forty-five seconds of your time once, and three seconds after each post, you may consider a different hobby.

The staff do not view this as change for the sake change, but I do see your post largely as complaining for the sake of complaining. Honestly, we may simply not see eye to eye here on this one, and that's fine. However, your insinuation that adding a burden of hardly a minute into the Character Creation process might somehow confuse an RPer out of their wits, devour all their time, or crush them with responsibility, is simply not adequate for me.

BP:

I will check, though you may be out of luck on that one--if that's the case then my apologies. I do like things alphabetized as well.
    Bitoko likes this.
  7. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Hmmm. Well, I only really have one character left in need of approval and my alt-itis is largely docile for now, so if I can't re-arrange them I can deal with that- I'll just create them in alphabetical order. Although I might have to figure something out for that character that will change his name later on in the RP.
  8. Guy

Guy Admin admin

This sounds pretty silly to me. As a reader, I would personally find it mildly annoying to see a character's post and not immediately know who posted it. As a writer, I would feel it a pointless addition for many reasons already stated, and would never use it myself.

(That's not to mention, having multiple accounts would screw with this uncanny "Trophy Points" thing we have going now. If I had 50 posts on my main account and 50 on a character's, would either have that Keese Slayer trophy? I assume getting Trophy Points is the purpose of having Trophy Points at all? This is all ignoring the fact that I personally find Trophy Points themselves silly, but, that's another topic entirely.)

All that aside, I disagree with this addition, but can tolerate its addition. Of course, I never actually post here anymore, so in all reality my opinion doesn't matter much.

"Always"? "Most confusing"? Somehow, that makes me feel a bizarre sense of pride. :haa:
  9. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

Yeah, a lot of people are against it at the moment. We want to give it a try though, so we'll see what happens. Trophies are actually one of the reasons I want to do it funny enough. Trophies can be tailor-made for specific groups, so I can make "achievements" through post count for characters themselves and call them completely different things. Can also make trophies for race groups if we choose to add them. Then I can make more general trophies that are for main accounts themselves. This is just one small facet of why we want them though, and is only a side effect of having them, either way we intend on making a more detailed post later. However, this doesn't mean they are set in stone, and I wouldn't be Toko if I didn't try wack and inconceivable things sometimes :haa:
  10. Fcgfyv

Fcgfyv Knight of Mind reg

I feel like having an extremely/insanely high post count for a character should be called "It's almost like you're real..." :haa:
  11. Ribitta

Ribitta What would you ask of me? reg

It should! I love your Treasure System, but it is what it is. Also your ideas are silly and so are you, obviously. :tpr:
  12. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

There should be an easy way to get the main account to be shown. But yeah, "who's dis" confusion is something we should avoid.

That can always chaaaaange :haa:
  13. darklink28

darklink28 Somewhere in Hyrule reg

3DS Friend Code:
    4897-7258-9301
    I don't really RP, but, it can't hurt to give it a try, kind of like a trial run, and see how it goes. Work out the kinks. See how well it works. I don't think there's a problem with that. If people still seem to be headset against it at that point, then there should probably be a discussion about it. But it can't hurt to try at this point.
  14. Double_r111

Double_r111 Espeon reg

I wasn't sure if I should post it in this thread or the other thread, but if I may just say, I think you guys are making a huge mistake making it mandatory. The majority of the site is really against it, and although the trial run thing technically started, what kind of trial run was that? It didn't seem like nearly enough time to make such a big decision to me, especially when most people were against it last time we checked.

I'll live with it personally, though not necessarily happily, but mark my words, this will not end well for anyone. More conflict will be created by the decision, people will be unhappy, and it will turn out to be a very poor decision in the end.

I'll leave off with that, and be on my way without saying more. I don't want to be the bringer of this conflict, but it will come. Believe me.
    UnnamedDude likes this.