A Slight Case of Sunburn [Sunwell ft. Cata, Ink, and Genz]

Discussion in 'Southern Hyrule' started by Doc Genz, Feb 19, 2017.

1. Doc Genz

Doc Genz frozen again Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    It was an ordinary sort of day, watching the Hyrule Guard and the Gerudo Warlords strike at evil and heat pouring out of a portal. The usual, it seemed. Meryem kept to herself in the shade of a tree in the great peak of the heat. The one doing all the watching of course was Pooky. The herald let out a groan of disappointment. Meryem turned her head to him, to at least make it look like she was trying to understand.

"Why not meet the hairy man?" he complained, feverishly watching the fight between about a dozen Gerudo and a flaming beast burning too bright to identify.

"Because, Pooky, that creature rambling about rare cheese is none of our- should be none of our business." Meryem groaned, knowing full well what companionship a decent future would entail. "Just focus on the fight Pooky. I can't stand this heat any longer. We're going to need a strategy to save the world." she finished, looking especially serious.

The portal wasn't apparent, but it was rumored to be in the region. All the more evident with the flood of creatures appearing. They had to act, if not soon than after it was too late.
  2. Electronic Ink

Electronic Ink local zora vet

In hindsight, targeting the woman with the mystic robes was an extremely bad idea.

Remei had been first drawn to this place by the idea of a great big portal opening in the middle of the desert. Except...nobody was actually going through it. Which was...boring, to say the least. She'd expected grand battles and heroics- instead she was watching a bunch of sweaty men in armour fighting dogs that were on fire and heat haze. Uninspiring, to say the least. Disappointed with the sights, and shunted out of the fighting by every Gerudo Warlord she approached due to her age, she opted to sate her other desire- a good bit of thievery. While nothing would really match up to the power trip of shoving a scimitar under someone's jaw and demanding all their valuables, a nice little pickpocket would do nicely. Except the person she had chosen as her target- one of the few people not clad in armour too thick to get through with sleight of hand- was Meryem. What had really caught her eye was the Miniblin. Remei recalled all the Miniblins back at the fortress- shifty little buggers they were, and Remei had no reservations about pickpocketing someone keeping company with Miniblins. She slipped closer, leaning against Meryem's tree and feigning exhaustion, meanwhile sneakily sticking her hand in Meryem's bag.

...Okay, she was getting rusty. If Remei-of-the-past had seen that attempt she'd probably cut her own throat to escape the embarrassment. Needless to say, Remei was unsuccessful at pickpocketing Meryem- if not for her own poor skills than for Meryem's superior ones.
  3. Cataphractoi

Cataphractoi Nanase is rebooting reg

3DS Friend Code:
    3368-2140-7105
    For better or worse, Abigail was becoming rather reliant on Tessa for these missions of hers. The girl was scatterbrained as they come and never serious- practically Abigail's polar opposite really- but she was reliable in a fight and up for practically anything. Her time between adventures could be summed up as "waiting for the next adventure," too, so as long as Abigail caught her while she wasn't busy, she could net the other woman as a companion.

Now, they stood in the desert, a fact Abigail was less than pleased about. This portal was the last still open, however, and it needed to be dealt with sooner than later. She stood draped in a thin cloak to protect her pale skin from the sun, cursing Tessa for being immune to heat. Walking through the desert was as a warm spring stroll to the woman. She tried to distract herself from the heat and Tessa's chattering by watching the battle in front of them, a battle they were slowly but handily winning. The hoards pouring from the portal seemed to be unending, but organized in waves the troops could hold back. She, Tessa, and any mercenaries choosing to answer the call would be entering soon, once the tide had ebbed.

What lay on the other side- other than sand, of course- remained a mystery, but Abigail felt no particular trepidation over this fact. Ultimately it differed little from ordinary dungeon-delving. As a field agent, that was often her job.

The monsters were wearing down. Soon the moment would be upon them.
  4. Doc Genz

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    Crack! A dense object smacked into Remei's face. It was clear that the thing that struck her was a crystal ball, and winding down was a tanned and oddly muscular arm poking out through the vivid blue robes. The Miniblin now hanging from the palm tree began to cackle in spite of how little violence had actually taken place.

"Were I not such a good reactionary that would have probably worked." she stated plainly with her head still facing the fight in the distance. "You'd steal from a blind woman? I found you out because most announce themselves before getting in spitting distance of me."

Pooky almost fell off the tree laughing. But it soon caught his attention that a large, furry creature in the distance was dragging something huge over to the battlefield. He started to wander off to investigate, giving Meryem a little face-to-face time with her would-be assailant.

"Before you try to defend your actions. . ." Meryem interrupted while lifting a digit in the thief's direction. ". . . why don't you hear me out for a bit. I'm a seer of sorts, my only real talent is precognition."

Meryem twisted herself into a standing position and slowly turned in an intimidating motion toward Remei, Her prominent nose tickling the air like a tree branch in the wind. She raised her left hand to her face and loosened her veil, letting it fall to the side so she could level with the fellow Gerudo.

"I've seen some things." she continued, somehow more serious than she was a moment ago. "Those soldiers are never going to stop the Sun Well up there on their own. The best future for you, and for me, as well as all the other races will involve us working together."

She stopped, stifled, unsure almost. Her blank, golden eyes looked through Remei as if she were made of glass. She adjusted her crystal ball back into her belongings.

"As you are a scoundrel no doubt I can probably admit to you a few things. The crystal ball does nothing, as well as many cheap tricks I have to read fortunes in public. They'd rather pay if I put on a show, see? But we are not so different, I swindle more passively but it maywell be the same crime. You might not trust me, but I've seen all of these details about you from what we are about to do soon. I want you to gather me a team so that we might go up there and prevent our land from certain destruction. Is that better than chasing you off and calling the soldiers? Would you tell me what you think?" she rambled a little, but all for a worthwhile cause. If she could get the stunned Gerudo on her side, the mission could actually be possible.
  5. Electronic Ink

"Ow!" Remei yelped, jerking backwards in shock, her hands flying out of Meryem's pockets and to her nose. "Din! What the hell?"
    Ack! That wasn't normally how people reacted to her thieving! Also...she was suddenly deeply horrified and ashamed at herself. Stealing from a blind woman? She had failed to pickpocket someone who couldn't see?! She could feel the disgust of every single mentor she'd ever had- which was pretty much just Dahlia, but still. Dahlia's disgusted face was incentive enough on its own.

She shut her mouth. She had, indeed, been about to make up some story that probably wouldn't have worked anyway, but the moment the woman mentioned that she was a seer Remei gave up and shut up. Either this woman was a better criminal than Remei would ever be, or she was actually magic. Either option left Remei pretty well screwed. Also, that blind stare was extremely offputting.
    "Working together?" she asked, hesitant. "Wait, you want me to help you fight the monsters?"

Okay then, so this was...unexpected. She'd tried to rob this woman and now she was being offered a place in her portal-fighting group? She almost- almost- laughed at the woman's admittance of her lies when it came to her fortune-telling showbiz, and she objected to the concept of deceit and outright robbery being the same crime, but...the woman made a good offer. Remei had come here for a spot of fun and violence, and this lady was offering both!
    "Gather a team, save the world. Got it. Count me in!"

The redhead looked around, scanning the field. From her- still very incomplete- experience, the kinds of people you'd want with you in an interdimensional adventure weren't the uniformly armoured Hylian knights or Gerudo warlords. No, uniqueness seemed to denote skill most of the time- the more they stuck out, the less you wanted to fight them, generally. Remei was sure there were exceptions to that rule- and even exceptions who were exceptions because they were actively defying the rule to make people underestimate them- but when her gold eyes alit on a certain duo she grinned.
    "Found some," she said, brushing away a string of blood from her lip- she had never expected crystal balls to make such an effective weapon- and approached one figure in robes and one with a stunning kidney belt. Remei wanted that belt. She resisted the urge to try and steal that belt. "Hey, you two. There's a lady over there who wants adventurers. Want in?"
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2017
  6. Cataphractoi

3DS Friend Code:
    3368-2140-7105
    Tessa jumped at least a foot in the air when Remei spoke, having completely failed to notice the young thief coming. Abigail acted quickly, stepping in close to her taller companion and slapping a hand over her mouth before she and Remei both ended up listening to a lengthy and meaningless rant. Tessa started talking anyway, but her voice was muffled. Abigail made a note to wipe her hand off on Tessa's clothes later.

"Ah, perfect," Abigail began, overlooking the oddity of the situation, "I had been hoping some enterprising mercenaries would make themselves known. My compatriot and I are here in service to the Hyrulean Royal Family, in an endeavor to close this last portal which plagues the lands around us. Given the total lack of intelligence regarding what dangers we might face upon stepping through the gateway, I would be more than pleased to accept additional aid in accomplishing our mission."

Pausing a moment first to make sure Tessa was done, Abigail removed her hand from Tessa's face and wiped it down on her tunic. Although Tessa looked slightly put out at this sequence of events, Abigail quickly dismissed the significance of this facial expression- she knew Tessa too well by now to think she was actually angry, or might hold any sort of grudge. The event would be forgotten entirely in, oh, five minutes.

Gesturing for the other two to follow her, Abigail made her way over to Meryem, noting immediately the lack of focus in the seer's eyes. Blind, then. Interesting occupation for a blind woman.

"I have been informed that you are seeking adventurers. My name is Abigail Cataphractoi, and this is my partner Tessa Smith. If you would enter the portal, then it would appear we have a common purpose."
  7. Doc Genz

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    Almost bewildered at how quickly Remei had found volunteers-agents rather, as it appeared-Meryem kept her ears open to Pooky. Granted collecting near a crowd with similar interests wasn't the hardest thing, she still had her doubts about something. She seamlessly ripped Pooky from the tree which he was working his way back up again.

"Did those two hear any of that?" she whispered into his expressively long ears.

"Pooky didn't see them until now." he responded.

"Pooky. Manners." she scolded as quietly as possible.

"I did not see them two until now ma'ammy. Please and thank you." he answered, unable to hold a whisper.

Groaning and sliding a hand down her face, Meryem let it go at least so the imp would quit talking. The day could not get worse, by the standard of Pooky being annoying. It was going to get worse anyway, though. Of the scenes and hints of this day that had haunted her dreams, it was almost certain the worst times had not even slightly begun. Pooky kept his eyes fixed on the furry creature in the distance, who did not seem to stand out to the many soldiers of Hyrule. What was that guy even doing?

A large blue finger tapped the shoulder of a soldier who was struggling to keep his nerves together as the trail of flaming beasts thickened. The soldier jumped, and turned a horrified face to the creature behind him. An inquisitive pair of blue eyes looked down on him from below a complex set of bifocal goggles. He then proceeded to ask what may have been the most far-fetched question the poor Hylian had ever heard.

"Is the rumor true? Is there melted cheese inside the Sunwell?" he inquired through amusingly squared teeth.

The soldier howled and ran in the direction of the blazing monsters. Meryem wasn't looking forward to it, but dreams of this embarrassing Yeti had already flooded her dreams and fueled many sleepless nights. Unaware that he was still relatively nearby, the seer was blissfully at ease. Meryem made herself clear to the pair of newcomers.

"Then it seems our goals do overlap." she interjected. But we will need some way for all of us to fly into the portal. It's far too high even for the soldiers, and I am unfortunately starved of safe ideas."

She ended on a silence that was unfairly disrupted by the clawing noise of the Yeti off in the background, grabbing and pulling one of the soldiers' cannons with single intent to modify it. He genuinely hoped to rocket into that portal as a means to find rare cheese.
  8. Electronic Ink

Remei flinched sharply at the loud noises the enormous Yeti was causing in the background, whirling to face him for a moment before looking back at Meryem. "I have a Wing Tunic, and I can...sort of lift others with it?"
    She tapped her elbows and spontaneously sprouted wings- wow, she loved doing that, it was so much fun!- to demonstrate, wind ruffling her feathers. "I'd have to do it one-by-one, though, and..." she hesitated, "I'm not so sure I could lift you guys anyway,"
    That probably sounded like she was calling them fat, but whatever. "I have no ideas except that. Anyone else got a clue?"

She looked over her allies so far. Meryem, in deep blue robes and pale eyes, didn't have any obvious items on her that could help them. The flighty redhead- Tessa Smith?- had a pair of fancy-looking boots- which Remei wanted- but Remei doubted she could in any way run into the portal when it was so high off the ground. And the other mage-looking woman- Abigail- didn't look to have anything fancier than a glittering earring on her. And unless Remei was monumentally wrong, earrings couldn't help you fly.

"Yeah, nope, I've got nothing,"
    She turned to scan the battlefield for any structures that could help them climb high enough to reach it, but nada. A whole sack full of it. It made a dumb sort of sense that the portal wouldn't open at a convenient height, but wow was it annoying. They hadn't even gone into the portal and they were encountering difficulties.
  9. Cataphractoi

3DS Friend Code:
    3368-2140-7105
    "Actually..." Abigail began, looking between Tessa's boots and the wing tunic Remei wore. "Between Tessa's boots and your tunic it might be possible, assuming you can achieve any lift at all. You would not need to fly straight up- simply pull someone up by a meter or so, allow the boots to catch you, and repeat, leaving you responsible only for lifting and not maintaining height." She harrumphed. "It would be egregiously tedious, however, and you would likely require many rest breaks. Plan beta, perhaps."

"Are we just gonna ignore the yeti shuffling around and scaring people shitless? Cuz that seems pretty noteworthy. Oh! He has a cannon now. I think he's gonna fire himself at the portal. That does not seem safe. And I'm the one saying that so you know it's a bad sign," Tessa cut in, pointing the yeti out for Abigail. Abigail brought her goggles down and zoomed.

"That is not a simple cannon. It is a Sky Cannon. The soldiers must have been utilizing it for the purpose of heavy artillery. I think we just found our entry method."
  10. Doc Genz

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    "Oh no. . ." Meryem trailed off, quietly. "The future was written, this time."

Pooky leaped to his feet with joy. He clicked his heels together and waved his trumpet at the creature.

"The Yeti! The Yeti! Doot-doo-yes!" he cackled. He was way too excited about the fluffy creature.

Meryem sighed and lifted Pooky onto her shoulders. It looked like it was no use, she had to go recruit that Yeti for their cause. He was the only one who could tool the cannon well enough to get the whole lot of them through the portal easily. Though it did save time, Meryem was still disgraced that she had to work with the happy Yeti who sang obsessions of cheese in her dreams every night. At least once the future had come to pass she would hopefully never have that nightmare again.

"We could use your help, Sir." she stated as she went far into the line of soldiers to address him. There was a bit of a silence, and then he responded.

"UH. You want to use this too? I'm almost done tweaking it, miss. Flowing Lanayru Cheddar as far as the eye can see." he responded happily. His work was no burden on him.

"Yes, we do. Except for that last part. I don't want to hear about cheese today. So don't tell any of my acquaintances anything about your plan with the Moon or the Sun. Let's keep it a secret between us maybe?" she answered the hulking engineer.

"UHMMM. I do like the sound of that, secrets could be fun like the human books about twin detectives! Don't worry miss, we'll find the rare cheese on the moon in due time. UH? Sorry I forgot not to speak of the cheeses." he replied, spry as ever.

It was a start, getting him to stop rambling on about his little passion. His strength and unwise intelligence would not only be useful but easy to manipulate. Meryem liked that part most of all. Pooky was giggling and drooling as he looked at the thick polar fur of the ape-like man. He could barely contain himself.

"Done!" Tomate exclaimed, already finished with the modifications to the cannon.

Pooky crawled off of Meryem's back and onto the Yeti's. Tom could barely feel the small creature climbing him. With this, Meryem turned back to the small group which were likely following her over to the cannon.

"I managed to get his agreement, and without any tricks. Does anyone have any objections to getting into the cannon?" she asked, pointing her face in the completely wrong direction of the people in question.
  11. Electronic Ink

"Oh my gods," Remei said in abject disbelief, staring at both the giant hairy creature-What the everloving shit is that?!- and the cannon. The cannon that Meryem was proposing they shoot themselves out of into a fiery death portal in search of the source of an endless flow of demonic beasts.
    "Sign me the hell up!" Remei said excitedly, for a moment forgetting herself in the joy of the moment. Her wings were fluttering as she examined the cannon.

She'd fired cannons many a time, of course, being a pirate on the Southern Seas, but this was a beauty. She'd never seen one so big, for a start.
    "This guy must need a ton of black powder to fire," she said to the giant creature- who probably had a name but Remei didn't care at the moment. "It's a really nice cannon,"
    She turned back to her companions, in the process painfully smacking one wing on the cannon. She'd forgotten to get rid of them again, dammit, and in frustration she tapped her elbows and let the wings disappear.

"I vote yes to shooting ourselves out of the massive cannon," Remei said firmly. "It's an awful idea and I love it,"
    The fighting had faded into the background for Remei, the idea of being able to launch themselves out of a Din-damned cannon occupying her mind front and centre. Ha. Suck it, Dahlia. I'm going to fly out of a cannon. "Who's with us?"
  12. Cataphractoi

3DS Friend Code:
    3368-2140-7105
    Abigail momentarily considered pointing out that the Gerudo child didn't actually need to use the cannon, but ultimately decided to hold her tongue. For one, she doubted that such a suggestion would be considered valid. For another, she was far too used to dealing with Tessa to think cutting in on that much enthusiasm was anything but a waste of time.

Meanwhile, Tessa was bouncing up and down on the balls of her feet and examining every centimeter of the cannon.

"So much yes. Sky. Cannon. Do you have any idea how long I've waited to shoot myself out of one of these? We're doing it. Abbey-Cat, we are firing ourselves out of that cannon." Abigail cringed at the use of her nickname. This was hardly the place for it. "I call first shot!"

When Abigail looked back to Tessa, the woman had already clambered up and into the barrel and was currently staring at the portal, grinning ear to ear. Abigail sighed.

"It would appear the decision has already been made. When Tessa gets like this, argument is futile."
  13. Doc Genz

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    The Yeti was still wondering what a "vote" was. He dismissed it as some Gerudo language, finally. Then he began prepare the cannon for first launch. He made sure the iron carrier basket was in place so that the test subject, Tessa, would not get hurt. At least not very much, he didn't know what was waiting for them beyond that portal. He tweaked the output to her size and closed the barrel. The Yeti then clapped his hands together.

"I 'vote' we light this portal up!" he gleefully announced as he threw the switch.

There was a sharp bang muffled from inside the cannon as the blast echoed out of the barrel. A solid blink would have made them miss the soaring Tessa whizzing like a falcon thrown by a giant. Meryem pondered over it, and knew damn well this was faster than slowly hauling each member up with a single wing tunic. By a wide margin was it faster, as Pooky could barely spot her as she breached the portal.

As efficient as it seemed, he would have to adjust the cannon for a while to get himself up there, but as the technician he was going to fire himself last anyway. He ushered the excited Remei into her carrier basket. He was a little jealous as he himself wouldn't fit into a carrier basket, as this primitive model still used black powder and was likely to fry his butt when he launched. Primed and ready to go, Tom fired Remei out into the portal. He looked back at Abigail who had no objections. Without Remei now, the lot of them would have to go this way regardless.

The live ammo flew almost gracefully out into the bright portal hanging in front of a setting sun. He watched a Moldorm or something similar drip down from the portal, dead. It looked like they were either putting up a good fight already or the carrier baskets were nailing monsters dead-on. By how amazingly dead the monster was, he was willing to go with the latter. Finally Meryem stepped up, perhaps the most objectionable of the bunch. She scoffed as she lowered herself into the barrel, wishing the cheese beast hadn't become involved. Tom was oblivious to any of it, and without many questions adjusted it to her amazon build and launched her as soon as possible.

Tom looked around, someone was missing from the bunch. He scratched his back and noticed a large bump. Ah yes, the Miniblin! he realized. Keeping the stowaway in his fur, he began to re-adjust the settings majorly to suit his size. This mostly involved replacing the basket with more powder and putting it on a long wick so that he could squeeze his tiny legs into the barrel up above.

As he did this, most of the party had already landed in the oppressively hot sands under brutal gravity conditions. Their immediate worries were thwarted as a hunched-over soldier appeared. The small soldier (Kokiri perhaps?) shuffled over underneath a very fanciful umbrella of sorts. Far too wide to be a parasol, but maybe a little too fancy to be a real umbrella it was. Hurried for words, the soldier spoke up.

"Oh yeah. Orders from up top. The royal mages constructed something so what few volunteers who came in here could survive." she said, straightening her back.

Meryem recognized that voice. The soldier adjusted the umbrella, revealing a helmeted face. The visor was in the way of most of it but an unruly mouth and some rounded brownish hair poked out from beneath. She offered up a round object.

"These orbs have been enchanted a whole lot! I just need to turn this big one into a few smaller pieces." she added, pulling a small stone-breaking hammer out of her pouch.

Mashing the pointed hammer down with a gloved hand, the orb curiously split into many smaller orbs. A solid six hand-sized orbs fell to the ground, and she immediately started handing them out as the whole party would be suffering heat stroke flat on the sand if she didn't. Meryem scoffed again, knowing well in advance she would have to be saved by this little whelp somehow. It looked like her little lesson to the girl had actually worked.
  14. Electronic Ink

"Aw, I wanted to go first," Remei complained, a smirk tugging at her lips. She liked this Tessa lady. Kindred spirits, ahoy. She watched as Tessa vaulted her way into a basket and was launched out of the cannon faster than Remei's eyes could track, rocketing towards the portal. A part of Remei was squealing in excited anticipation and she was privately impressed with herself for keeping that excitement internalised.

When it was her turn, she clambered into the basket and curled against the side, bracing herself. Judging by the sharp report of the cannon on each of its previous firings, the thing had some serious firepower behind it and she didn't want to end up snapping her neck on the side of the basket with the speed. When it fired, Remei couldn't keep back a half-terrified, half-exhilarated shriek as she found herself shooting upwards faster than she ever had before, faster than her wings had ever carried her. She hit something mid-flight and shrieked again in surprise, but her trajectory was still enough to send her into a wave of heat and sand, the arc of the flying basket seemingly cut short quickly as it was tugged to earth by stronger gravity.

Remei tugged open her basket, spitting sand with a toothy grin.
    "I want to do it again," she proclaimed, finger-combing the sand out of her hair only to have the wind flick more into it. But...Din, it was hot in here. Already Remei could feel sweat beading on her upper lip and scalp, a far cry from the fortress' cold that she was used to. She was abjectly glad for her minimal clothing, worn mostly out of Gerudo tradition and masochism in the Fortress but perfectly suited for the climate here. Remei moved her glaive into her hand, looking about. There were surprisingly few monsters around, for the number that had been pouring out of the portal...

Remei jumped slightly when the short, armoured figure approached and spoke- the Gerudo hadn't even seen her approach. She looked at the small round orb the figure had shoved into her hands; a wave of cool, as if a sea breeze blowing gently, flowed over her from the orb.
    "This thing is incredible," Remei said, lifting it to squint through it.

"Coldy rock, coldy rock, they are much nice flower mouse," sang a tiny voice, and Remei looked up. Fluttering near the armoured figure, hiding under the- is that an umbrella? Who brings an umbrella to a fiery death portal? Not like it's gonna rain in here- was a small pink fairy. Remei blinked.
    "Uh, that with you?" she asked the armoured figure, inadvertently eschewing introductions. "I think it's got heatstroke,"
    The tiny figure was mumbling something to itself about lions and orange, and Remei immediately gave up trying to decode it, let alone hear it over the wind.
  15. Cataphractoi

3DS Friend Code:
    3368-2140-7105
    Tessa's journey through the portal was accompanied by joyful yelling- comically decreasing in volume on the way up and growing louder on the way down, if either person on the other side were inclined to find amusement in anything in the first place.

She hit the ground in a puff of sand and sprang out to have a look around. She saw...a lot of sand. Also, a kokiri and a fairy. Neither was approaching. They were just sitting there and staring. She might have found that ominous if she was capable of finding anything ominous. As it was, she kept them in her line of sight just in case.

It's actually surprisingly cool he- oh. Right. Fireshield Earrings.

One by one, the others followed her through. Remei seemed just as excited as she was. Abigail looked mildly miffed at having had to travel by cannon, and daintily dusted herself off before starting to swear under her breath at the heat. Meryem came next, lacking her- pet?- miniblin, and then the kokiri finally moved. She had remained aware of the child's location the entire time.

Abigail seemed to accept the orb gratefully, but Tessa just looked at it curiously and then dropped it into a pocket. It seemed a little redundant to her anyway.
  16. Doc Genz

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    A little more excitement was probably in order, Eve thought. The extreme gravity of this place should have been offset by the orbs. But she wasn't exactly expecting a 'thank you.' More curious was that voice behind her. There was a delay between Eve realizing the fairy was still with her and her response. She had by most means figured the little scamp had gone off on some safer adventure.

"Oh, fairy! You survived the ride up here?" she asked, unfeeling. "Jolly." Must've been tangled in my hair, she thought.

Finally a loud sound erupted as the giant mechanic flew into the sand, making a huge crater from the gravity increase. Evelyn jumped in place, surprised by the noise. She tilted her head carefully and lifted the visor a crack to sneak a gaze at whatever large thing had landed. She rushed over, forgetting to lower her visor. Her Fist Eyes locked on to the Yeti's ridiculous face. She threw a gloved punch at his chest as he began to stand up.

"Oof. Uhhh, what was that for?" the Yeti inquired, shrugging his hands out.

A small orb was transferred from the girl into his palm. "It was for this of course!" she lied. "You had to make a size payment to earn the orb."

"Uhhh, sorry I didn't know. I'm from up North." he tried to explain, somehow thinking he was making a cultural mistake.

Meryem was biding her time. It seemed almost necessary to tell that girl what a miracle it was they were both in this place. Something else was slipping her mind, as Pooky was missing to her. Following the voices, she clamored over to the edge of the crater where the two were walking back.

"Well you're lucky, aren't you." she stated to the Kokiri. "I told you not to mess with those curses, but it got you up here with us now? Did the guard offer you a job?" she asked snidely as they regrouped with everyone.

"Actually- oh it's you. It's beautifully none of your business but I'll take pity on you." she answered with the same ultra-scathing attitude she expected from the fortune teller. "I looked for a job with the guard myself. They didn't want a trainee as an actual guard so they noticed these strange attack features I had and put me in a special tactics program. Special tactics I found out is a disposables program for front-line infantry with magic oddities that aren't good for defense. I'm sort of like a cannon-ball the soldiers can fire off and forget about. I told Captain Julius I was fine with it, I'm not good for much else but causing trouble." she explained, half rambling on as not even Meryem was really listening.

"Good." Meryem answered with mother-like condescension. "The Order thinks you were meant for something like this. I don't know what they're on, but they might not want total chaos from you. I can't tell a miscreant like you any more about the Order, but they're the ones having visions about you, not me. I don't want to talk to you any more than I want to talk to that Yeti." she explained.

"Yeti? you mean me? What are you human women talking about anyway? I think we have to get a move on." Tom interrupted, trying to hurry things up.

Pooky peeked over from Tom's shoulder. His chuckling was now audible to Meryem, who was more than a little annoyed at these two. She was now also annoyed with Pooky, who she knew wasn't going to come back down from the Yeti for a little while.

"They're right." Meryem turned to the rest of the group. Raising her voice a little, she addressed them. "We have to find our way to something other than this sand. There's danger unseen out here. Remei, try to guide me because I can't see. Everyone else, just do your best to search for clues."
  17. Electronic Ink

Remei paused.
    "You two know eachother?" she asked, looking between the armoured midget and the blind woman. The fairy apparently was with the prior, although neither of them seemed to actually be aware of that, as the fairy simply flew into the umbrella a few times and the girl- at least, Remei thought it was a girl- reacted with only mild interest.

"Sure thing, Meryem," Remei said, pausing. "I have first name privileges, right? And do you, uh, need my hand? To like lead you along? Sorry, I've never met a blind person before,"
    On the inside, Remei was singing slightly- this Meryem lady was impressive. A blind ninja Gerudo with robes and one who had apparently tamed a Miniblin- normally such vindictive little creatures- into a dorky pet? Remei would be lying if she said that Meryem hadn't gained the attention of her idolisation habits, because she most certainly had. A blind badass woman with psychic powers, ninja reflexes with that crystal ball, and the patience to tame a miniblin. Certainly the kind of person the younger Gerudo would nominate as her latest fixation.

Offering an arm to Meryem, Remei looked around. The fairy didn't seem to be helping much, instead opting to land on the sand and make a sand angel. How was she not scorching her wings off? Then again, Remei thought, looking at the wriggling creature, it might well be and just hadn't noticed. It didn't seem...all there. It was like that old sailor Remei had stolen from once. She'd commandeered his vessel and he'd started screaming something about witches and whatnot. The fairy was definitely on that spectrum, Remei decided, possibly the far end, as the fairy suddenly sat upright and looked at Abigail dead in the eye and hissed "Don't go near the yellow painting, it's far too pink," before lying back down in the sand. A few rupees short of a treasure chest, evidently.
  18. Cataphractoi

3DS Friend Code:
    3368-2140-7105
    Abigail climbed a dune while the others conversed and lowered her goggles over her eyes. She brought one hand up to manipulate the Hawkeye option, zooming in on the horizon and starting to sweep for anything out of the ordinary.

"D''ya see anything yet? All I see is sand. Lots of sand. And more sand. Not even monsters to make it fun. What're these orbs for anyway? I just stuffed mine in my pocket I dunno how to use it. Looks like yours is on, is it doing anything?" Tessa looked apt to continue, but Abigail raised a hand to cut her off.

"The orbs seem to reduce the effect of light in a few meters' radius. Have you not paid mind to the strange circle of shadow surrounding me?" Abigail told her absently, her attention mostly on the dune-sea around them.

"Oh. Oh! I see it now. I dunno what the point'a that is though. Is it cooling you down or something? That's what my guess was. Seeing as we're in a desert. Figured I'd ask you since you know so much and all. My earrings are doin' that already so I don't really need it. If you hold two will you be twice as cool?"

Ignoring Tessa, Abigail turned back to the rest of the group, focusing on Meryem. She seemed to be assuming a position of leadership here.

"No need. I have sighted a cluster of structures in the distance," she said, pointing in that direction for the benefit of everyone that was not Meryem. "Would this be an acceptable place to begin our search?"
  19. Doc Genz

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    Tom dragged Eve in the sand, making sure to keep her away from the seer. Pooky continued to chuckle as he looked down from atop the Yeti. This was a nice Pooky Punishment if he ever saw one.

"I'm on it. We'll head that way." he spoke for the duo of characters riding his person. Or perhaps it was a trio with that fairy whispering from under the dragging umbrella.

Meryem was a bit unsure where she was being taken by the arm. This wasn't exactly what she had in mind but she would bring it up soon enough. It seemed the structures Abigail mentioned were in line with the images she had predicted. A lot of the outing supposedly took place inside somewhere, a building of some sort.

"You don't exactly need to hold my arm, I meant to follow your voice and footsteps." she admitted to Remei after much thinking.

The sand carried on for quite a ways. Tom did have the stamina to move his bunch of people, but it was certainly going to be a while before they came upon the place. Tom was also fairly unsure that this desert was completely empty. He kept his eyes open for any irregularities. It wasn't certain but he figured the girl was likely to punch anyone she met on sight unless she covered her eyes. It may just be the weirdest thing he had ever discovered but he was sure to pull her along so that she wouldn't have to pull off the visor.

It wasn't too long before the sand dunes started to shake. It was strange to notice sand shaking in the first place, but whatever was moving it felt large like an earthquake. Tom tried to keep his wits about him, as he didn't know how long they'd be trying to walk over the shifting ground before they got headway on the structures in the distance. In any case, he didn't bother saying anything.
  20. Electronic Ink

"Oh," Remei said dumbly. "Sorry."
    She let go of Meryem's arm, wondering how Meryem was going to follow her with sound over the wind. Not like the blind Gerudo could hear her footsteps. Lost for an alternative, Remei began to arbitrarily whistle, some old tune she'd heard someone play once. It wasn't a particularly long tune, she realised belatedly, as she realised she was going to have to whistle the same tune over and over for...probably a long time. It wasn't like they were going to finish up in here in ten minutes. The fairy, meanwhile, was apparently bunny hopping through the sand, skipping like a flat stone on a lake as she bounced. And reciting the Solfege scale as she did so. It was slightly distracting.

"Do," thump, "re," thump, "mi," thump.
    Remei decided to take pity on the fairy and stooped to pick it up, and was promptly thanked by having five centimetres of thorn jammed into her hand.
    "That's a...bad word," the fairy arbitrarily reminded Remei as she cursed.
    "Screw you," Remei hissed back, flicking the fairy in the face. The pink creature fell backwards onto its rear, sitting on Remei's brown palm. Now that the Gerudo could see it up close, it was clearly a she. Little bitch. Remei pinched the end of the thorn and pulled it out of her hand, making to throw it away before the fairy abruptly pounced on it, wrenching it from between Remei's thumb and forefinger and shoving it back in what appeared to be an obi of some sorts.
    "Mine," the fairy said, as if her point hadn't been communicated effectively enough.