A Message for the Twister

Discussion in 'The Twister's Domain' started by Magnere, Aug 13, 2017.

1. Magnere

Magnere Momentai vet

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-6426-3927
    Kalvar was well... Speechless. Never in his life had he been so unsettled, yet so intrigued. This being was unnatural. Something this creepy and clearly evil shouldn't exist. Yet... He literally found himself being tempted by the little devil. Just offer up a treasure, and receive a gift in return? Whatever it was going to be, it was bound to be something interesting.

He glanced around the inn room that he had rented, the desk of the Twister completely replacing where the bed had been. Hell, the entire room seemed to have emptied out. Only the desk and the Twister, and his strange temptation of a gift remained.

Gulping nervously, Kalvar wracked his brain to try and think of something to offer. Surely he couldn't just walk away even if he tried, right? He didn't want to test that thought, lest something horrible happen. Surely something this demonic and powerful demanded respect. Anything less was bound to cause trouble for him.

Eventually, his bow seemed to suggest something for him. "Master. As much as I distrust this, your ability of Message has not once been used since I have come into contact with you. Surely this must count as knowledge." Reluctantly, Kalvar had to agree. As useful as the ability could be, he had rarely ever used it. Simply no proper time.

He gulped once again, taking a deep breath before finally walking up towards the desk. "I offer up my Message ability and the 11 rupees. May I hope that lady luck smiles upon my roll." And with that, he picked up the dice and rolled. Shivers already ran down his spine, his fate sealed.
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
  2. The Twister

The Twister The faceless face grows a grin most mischievous.

When the dice hit the desk, Kalvar expected the sound of a soft impact and for the dice to roll forward. No. When the dice hit the table, they exploded into an impossible number of leaves. The sound of whooshing winds and cracking thunder were overwhelming, as a storm of leaves--green, brown, pines, oaks--surrounded Kalvar in every direction. Even the ground beneath him seemed to melt away.

A split second later, he found himself standing on the desk. The Twister was nowhere to be seen, but otherwise this was exactly where he had stood before...

In Kalvar's hand, he found he was holding one of the dice still. Most peculiar. In time, and with a bit of practice, the lad would realize the gift he had received.

- - -

Whenever Kalvar awakens after a restful slumber, he will find a faceless die in his palm.

If Kalvar throws or drops one this die, on the first impact the die makes with a solid surface, Kalvar will vanish into a swirling mist of leaves blown by unseen wind that move towards the die. When the die comes to a full rest, the leaves and die will fuse together, and Kalvar will reappear where the die had landed. The die is consumed in this fusion. If the die's course is altered, then this teleportation does not occur.

There is always at least a few seconds between when a die impacts and comes to a full stop, as if some supernatural influence is forcing every roll to be long and dramatic.

Regardless of whether or not this die is used or lost, when Kalvar next awakens after a restful slumber he will again find it in his palm.