A gentle stroll before the storm

Discussion in 'Northern Hyrule' started by Kuda, Jan 26, 2017.

1. Kuda

Kuda New Member new

It was a good night for a little walk. Actually, it was a bit chilly. Anya wanted to take a stroll, however, and so here she was in the middle of Castle Town. She wore her usual light purple beret on her short silvery-grey hair and had a dress of varying shades of blues and purples that ended just past her knees. She wasn't wearing any shoes, and it made her look even more child-like than she already did. The way she held her pearl rod close to her chest made it clear that she always carried it. Anya would be going on her first ever assignment tomorrow, and honestly she was a bit nervous.

She sat down at the edge of the large fountain with the rod on her lap and looked up, clearly seeing the glowing crescent in the cloudless sky. She then gazed into the fountain, circling her fingers in the water.

Anya had wandered around Castle Town many times. By now, she was a common sight, in all her uniqueness. She did live here, after all, and even had a few friends. Anya had in fact not seen her friends since she'd joined Hyrule Castle's military. She wondered if they remembered her. She had all but vanished during her training, after all.

As she kept circling her finger in the water, a dim glowing circle appeared at the bottom of the fountain under her hand. A moment later, the fountain was suddenly spewing water from a new place, just as high as the original. A mage would likely figure out that this was the Geyser spell. It was apparently too much for the fountain, and suddenly the fountain's water level quickly rose, until Anya jumped away as the water overflowed. "Y-yikes!" She shouted, swinging out her rod at the new geyser. As quickly as it appeared, the water simply fell. "It seems I've overdid it again. It can't be helped.." It continued to be overrun until the excess water was out. It was for things like this that the area around the fountain was always so soaked. Indeed, so long as Anya remains, the city should never worry about a shortage of water supply. Though this is largely because Anya wants to live up to her title. Sure, it was just a fancy title given to her to keep her out of wars, but Anya wanted to make sure she fit the title of Water Maiden.
  2. Electronic Ink

Electronic Ink local zora vet

Yuku nearly jumped out of her skin as she suddenly felt water touching her flippers. She spun to find the source, tracking the unexpected water to the fountain in the centre of town. A young girl was seated on the side of the fountain, and Yuku hesitated. Where was her mother? Or father, she supposed, but Yuku was biased. The girl seemed to be alone even as she calmed the spell she had cast, and the Zora frowned. Ah, sod it.

"That was pretty good, kiddo," she said, approaching, sitting on the side of the wet fountain and ignoring the wet patch spreading across her dress as she let her tentacles drape into the fountain. She paused before opening her tank and emptying it into the pond, her children floating around sleepily in the fresh water. "I'm Yuku. It's nice to meet you,"

For once, Yuku found she had no intention of robbing the girl. It would be cruel to steal from a young girl, especially if it turned out she didn't actually have a mother. The water in the fountain was refreshing, soaking the dryness out of the Zora's scales and washing away the feeling of having her flesh on too tight that had bothered her for the last day or so.
  3. Kuda

Kuda New Member new

Anya was still looking toward the fountain when she heard another voice. Anya turned curiously to see an unfamiliar face. A Zora! Well, not that it's the first time she'd seen one. She gave a sincere smile and held her rod close again as she gave a slight bow. "It's a pleasure to make your acquaintence. My name is Anya."She looked for a moment at Yuku's children who were now inside the fountain. They were sorta cute. It'd be better if she didn't play with the fountain water anymore for now.

She was interested in the Zora sitting there. Did she live in Castle Town? If so, maybe she only came out at night and this is why they're only meeting for the first time. "I've practiced that spell many times, though I'm still not certain I've trained enough. Thus far, this remains as my only offensive magic." Her voice quivered as she spoke. She gripped her rod a little more tightly, and her smile seemed strained as she spoke. Though she realised how flustered she looked and forced herself to relax and regain her calmness.

"So, have you a home here?" Anya asked. It felt awkward to remain standing, so she decided to take a seat beside Yuku, hoping that'd be okay.
  4. Electronic Ink

Electronic Ink local zora vet

"Anya. A nice name," Yuku commented. "And that was a pretty powerful spell. I'm no great shakes at magic- I can use a few spells but I've never felt the need to go into aquamancy myself. But I can tell you've got oodles of potential. You just need to focus on your application,"
    The Zora paused.
    "Okay, that made me sound a lot smarter than I am," she joked. "It's not as easy as everyone makes it out to be, but I reckon you can get there,"

The young girl reminded Yuku of this one fan she'd met at a concert once. The girl had been dressed in handmade robes and had proclaimed that she didn't know if she wanted to be a famous singer or a famous magician. Yuku vaguely remembered spinning some garbage about being both. This Anya, however, looked well on her path to achieving the second.

"Nah, I don't live here," Yuku said as the girl sat down next to her. "I tend to travel about. I have a home in the Zora's Domain, but I don't spend much time there." She opted not to divulge her true reason for being out at night- scouting out the richer areas of the city.
  5. Kuda

Kuda New Member new

Being complimented made Anya smile. Being talked to like she was a kid was, in a way, refreshing. When one joins the army, such things seem to fade away in the midst of training. Her feet yet just barely touched the ground while sitting on the fountain. "Th-thanks," Anya said.

The Zora`s speaking of travel seemed to interest Anya quite a bit. "That must be amazing. I`ve never really seen much outside of the city gates, before. And it looks.. mighty vast out there. I wonder if I´d ever find my way back if I did.."

As she sat there, her right hand hovered her lap and her fingers danced there- though it didn´t seem so much like magic incantation as it did shadow-playing an instrument. She did so often out of instinct. "So, er.. what is it like out there? Is it.. scary?"