City in the Sky (Nolan & Squishy)

Discussion in 'Classic Dungeons' started by Squishy, Jun 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Squishy

Squishy tl;dr this is all, still, toko's fault admin

City in the sky, starring:
    Reu & Lamont

Rewards:
    Reu - Feather Fall (+10 rupees)
    Lamont - Aqua Grenade (-26 rupees)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For the first few moments, Lamont thought he was dreaming. It all seemed so surreal. He was falling through the clouds, rapidly approaching something which looked like a small pool. As far as he was aware, pools couldn't float among the clouds, which made him conclude it was just a dream and he would wake up soon in his cabin.
    But when he kept falling and the pool kept getting closer, he started to doubt this. The wind actually felt terrfyingly real and he was cold. So terribly cold from falling through the clouds for god knows how long. You weren't supposed to feel things like this in a dream. Maybe it wasn't a dream at all...

Dream or not, there was still the fact he was plummeting through the sky with nothing to slow him down, right at what was possibly going to be a painful landing in a stone basin filled with probably very cold water.
    Lamont could only hope for the best and pray to the gods he was going to either wake up or surive this fall. He closed his eyes and prepared himself for a cold, painful and wet landing.
  2. Nolan

Nolan Member new

(I would like to get Feather Fall for doing this dungeon, if you want to add that)

Reu had heard the stories of course; of people sucked into other dimensions on a whim of the gods. He had never taken such wild stories to heart though, and he certaintly never imagined that he himself would be one to partake in such an adventure. Sure enough however, as if out of nowhere, Reu found himself ripped from his place in the forest.

As he left his hollow one day for no reason in particular, a swirling black vortex opened up above him, tearing him from his body and place on the ground. He felt himself being pulled from the world piece by piece-- surprsingly not painful though, more of a yank at his stomach as if being jerked by an invisible force. Parts of him left Kokiri Forest screaming in surprise, materializing again some distance above a large stone basin filled with water.

Reu couldn't even take in his surroundings at first. The air was frigid against the wood of his skin-- this he knew at least, and as he plummeted downward, it grew only slightly warmer. His falling was stopped by the body of water, enveloping him in cold water. Yet, being a scrub the water over took him, and although his light body seemed to want to break the surface, he couldn't manage to find the strength to gain his composure and swim. He flailed around for his life, hoping someone would come save him.
  3. Squishy

The water was as cold as expected. But, being a pirate, the feeling of suddenly being engulfed by freezing cold water was not a foreign one for Lamont. He quickly recovered from the impact and swam to the surface, gasping for breath, the cold air burning in his lungs.

And that was when he noticed the other one. Not far from him, the water moved as if something was struggling in it. And it was. Lamont swam towards the struggling creature, taking a deep breath before diving down and grabbing the thing firmly by what he could only guess was its arm. He pulled it above water and dragged the both of them ashore.

"Alright, we're on dry ground. You okay, lil' one?" Lamont glanced over at the creature, which turned out to be a deku. "Aah, right. You dekus don't like water, right? Don't worry, we're safe. ...For now. Until we figure out where we are exactly..." He looked at his surroundings. Around them, a few buildings and parts of buildings were floating in mid-air. Wherever they were, the chance of meeting someone else seemed very little.
  4. Nolan

Nolan Member new

Reu continued to fight for his life within the basin until strong hands gripped his arm and pulled him ashore.

It took a moment to collect himself, and as he coughed and sputtered water from his barrel snout, he choked the words out, "I'm good, now. Thank you."

He was finally able to check his surroundings out now, and with darting eyes he took everything in about this strange new world. Floating pillars and islands dotted the horizon and immediate area. It appeared as though the whole world was afloat among clouds. A city perhaps? Skyscrapers dilapidated from age told him there must have been something that occupied the place a long time ago...now though, he wasn't so sure.

Reu took his cap off to wring the water out, and his leaf instantly shot up in a vibrant green pop of color. "Where do you think we are?" he asked, still looking around amazed, his voice soft and inquisitive. "Oh, and I'm sorry, I haven't introduced myself. I'm Reu, from the Kokiri Forest."
  5. Squishy

"Nice to meet ya, Reu." Lamont smiled at the deku, and then turned around to look at the floating buildings. "Well, the one thing I know for sure is that we're not in Hyrule anymore... although, we might be hanging above it, but there's no way of knowing that for sure."
    He started walking up the bridge leading to the nearest floating building. Bits of it were missing, it was a good thing Lamont wasn't afraid of heights.

"You might not wanna look down if you're afraid of heights, lil' one!"

The door of the building had also seen better times. Nonetheless, it still opened when they approached it, opening a way into the interior of the building.
  6. Nolan

Nolan Member new

Reu followed behind his new partner...not even sure of the stranger's name. He supposed it didn't matter too much at the moment though; he was nice enough and another time for names would probably come up soon.

Warily jumping across the bits of missing bridge hardly scared Reu. Kokiri Forest had towering treetops that Reu was quite familiar with.

When they made their way into the first room, Reu noticed immediately that the interior of the skyward city was just as ancient as the exterior. The walls were coated in moss in some places, and the floor itself seemed to have rotted out in parts, making it impossible to traverse certain areas of the room.

"There isn't going to be anything easy about exploring this place..." Reu muttered to himself.
  7. Squishy

Lamont heard Reu's muttering and smiled.

"Ya bet there isn't. If it's not the drop down that'll kill us, there'll be something with claws, teeth or... Oh." A thought struck him. "Did I actually introduce myself? I'm sorry, I can be a bit of an airhead sometimes. Name's Lamont. Lamont Liesmith. Just, uh, don't pay too much attention to my last name." He said cheerfully.

He walked on to the center of the room, where a massive gap prevented anyone without any means of flying to cross.

"Well, that's not going to work, is it?" Lamont muttered, looking at the gap and then looking at the room around them, trying to find means to cross the gap. Then he heard something rustling above him, a soft skittering of small claws.

Lamont squinted at the ceiling, letting out a surprised yelp.

"Is that... a chicken?"
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.