Belle of the Ball [Eevachu]

Discussion in 'Classic Dungeons' started by Nameless, Jan 29, 2021.

1. Nameless

Nameless Member vet

Dancing Dragon Dungeon - Oracle of Seasons

The side of the mountain range was bustling with way more action that it usually was. It had been since the sun had barely managed to creep above the horizon hours ago, and it hadn't quieted since. While most of the extra building work that had to be done had been finished a long time ago, one could still hear the sounds of some digging and hammering nails into wood as the stalls were set up by the base, around the lake that had formed around this part of the mountain. The stairs carved into the stone were seeing a lot of use from various workers – mostly Gorons – walking up and down, carrying various parcels from one place to another so tirelessly one could wonder if they even could get exhausted.

Ruairi certainly had, once he had braved all the stairs and managed to get to the top – and he wasn't even someone who was in very poor shape! He had been forced to catch his breath before he could look up at the temple – and realize just how far up the actual mountain range still went on ahead. While he couldn't say that the temple was in disarray, it clearly was a very old one, basically ruins. It seemed like the main part was just one circular arena, half dug into the mountainside itself, half made out of rocky pillars and archways that framed the area. Time seemed to have broken quite a few of them. There was plenty of dragon-like iconography Ruairi could see carved or painted into the walls and columns – or perhaps they were lizards or dodongos, or something like that. He wasn't entirely sure. But he was curious to look around a bit more, stepping further in to poke into the various passages and standing on the stony steps that surely were meant to seat guests.

It seemed like the were actual caves that seemed to go quite deep, but right now they were blocked with ropes – probably to keep nosy visitors like the Rito from getting lost. Plenty of sudden drops into what seemed like watery caverns too, similarly blocked off for safety reasons. Seemed like there had been some old mining business. Ruairi couldn't help but wonder if the temple was there first, or the mines – or had both been constructed at the same time? Gorons were strange…

But Ruairi wasn't there to just do sightseeing. No, when he had heard in town about a dance competition, he had of course wanted to see it! At first he hadn't intended to join, but once he saw how many Gorons there were around, he knew had a very good chance at actually winning. The rocky people might have had good rhythm, but he couldn't call them particularly graceful – now Ruairi, he was exactly that! He would surely wow all the judges and snatch the win.

There just was one problem, something he hadn't known until he started talking about the possibility of him joining the competition: he needed a dance partner. Everyone else currently at the scene were just too busy to even consider, and it was his only chance he could qualify! He had almost given up, until his eyes met the guard. At least, he was pretty sure they were a guard, what with the armor and looking so… Guarding. The Rito had started to approach them out of curiosity, his eyes scanning the figure piece by piece. Could have been a woman, looking at the shape of the body, but it was always rather difficult to tell with the armor. It didn't matter. He couldn't see their face, but that didn't matter much, either. A guard had to be strong, though. Muscular. Perhaps a rugged look would be good juxtaposition by his side and make for an interesting performance? He could be thrown into the air, too! As he thought these thoughts, Ruairi had been approaching the guard, eventually basically circling and sizing them up from head to toe and not really reacting to anything else. Yes, this could be it. It wasn't like the guard had anything better to do.
    "Say… Do you dance?"
  2. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

Her stance firm and her gaze unrelenting, Bell's eyes scanned the passerbys one after another- mostly Goron, it seemed, though a scant few seemed to come from other races. Though her demeanor was strong, she couldn't help but let out a soft sigh or grumble every so often. This was such a waste of time. She was here acting as a guard for some local dance competition that occurred every so often, and it seemed like some kind of ritual for the temple-ruins they were in- truthfully, she did not know much of its origins. The curator, a paranoid sort, demanded the guard supply their line of best soldiers to act as bastions of defense for the event, but they did little more than laugh at him. Unfortunately for Bell, they decided to humor him, and so they sent her, and her alone. She had to agree with the guard- the dance event had never been attacked by monsters, there didn't seem to be any unruly or dissatisfied dancers, and while the contestants seemed competitive, Bell had yet to have any concerns about violence.

Despite that, the Hylian guardswoman was sure to uphold her duty. And there was one particularly suspicious subject- a Rito who had been circling her for the past few moments. Bell had noticed him clear as day- were they even trying to be discreet? Her focus was so intent on what he was going to do, she did not notice what he had done- approach her. "W-what? Dance, m-me? No, I'm not-" She stammered, caught off guard momentarily by the shocking actions of the Rito. She shook it off- she was a guard and should act like one. Someone who would so brazenly approach a guard must not be suspicious, so perhaps they need some sort of assitance. "Er- no, I am not a contestant, I am a member of the Hylian Guard." She bowed. "My name is Belladonna Threshrow. Do you need help, s-sir?" She stumbled at the end, her words escaping her lips before she considered what way to call the Rito. This Rito was. . . a man? Was it more difficult to tell with bird people?
  3. Nameless

Nameless Member vet

Ruairi kept his gaze on the guard as she stammered. She did sound like she was a woman alright. He raised his hand, stroking his chin as he clearly pondered something, now looking at her with a whole new set of eyes and ideas. Yes, it would work well. Perhaps the juxtaposition he wanted for his performance could even be shown on the guard herself, with her strong, muscular body she just had to have under that armor and the flowing dress that would accentuate her motions. Hard and soft, together in one package. Yes, yes, he could see it now…

"Help? Ah, yes. Help," he agreed with a nod, his gaze still lingering on her whole being before it actually looked up at the guard's face. The Rito didn't need her telling him he wasn't a contestant – of course she wasn't! Yet.
    "I am in a horrible position. The most woeful of dilemmas. I wanted to take the trophy for myself after seeing the competition, but I happen to lack a dance partner and they don't accept solo performances," Ruairi started to unload his miserable tale, making sure to add dramatic flair to it with his words and actions so the guard could just feel how horrible this was and how awful he was going to feel. The way someone who has lived his life on a stage where overreacting was the way, of course.

"But you!" He exclaimed all of a sudden, grabbing Belladonna's hand with his own,
    "You can make my dream a reality! You can become a star! With me!"
  4. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

His words really conveyed how distraught he was over the turn of events, his sadness seeping from every pore, riding on every word. Bell couldn't help but nod in understanding, the sympathetic, trustworthy side of her falling prey to his honey-sweet tale, true as it may have been. "That's... so unfortunate! Of course, as a guardsman I will help you-" She stopped, realizing she had gotten caught up in his performance, her hand clasped within his. "That is, to say..." She backpedaled. "I would help you find a partner!"

Her eyes darted from Ruairi from behind her helm, to the comings and goings of the background scenery. She knew well from the small handful of time she had stood guard that the only presence at the show were other contestants, and workers for the show organizers, who probably were not allowed to enter. Bell WAS the only other eligible contestant at the premise. "Uh, rather... I cannot leave my post, that is it! I must guard the show, from, well, dangers." She explained, her tone as unconvincing as her excuse. She knew well and good that there were no dangers present, and she was never very good at any sort of fibbing. Still, it was her job to guard, and she could not simply forsake it for fun. She did want to help this man? with their plight, though.
  5. Nameless

Nameless Member vet

Ruairi's hands were clasped around the guard's, and she was clearly falling for it as he looked up at her with eyes sparkling with the allure of wishes. Tempted, but not quite ready to be snatched just yet as she came up with excuses.
    "Oh, but I have tried! Everyone here already has partners, the others just don't have the… Quality I am looking for. Only you. Only you could possibly fit there to be by my side," the drama continued, like it was some kind of theatrical play between two forbidden lovers or something like that. His hands, warm, still holding onto hers, not letting her go. His eyes, fixated onto her face, looking her into her eyes and not letting those go, either.

"It is such an easy fix," the Rito continued after a moment, letting her really feel the desperation and the need he had for her.
    "A way for us all to win. Nothing is happening right now, and as a contestant, you can keep an even better eye on the competition! Imagine: fulfilling the task you have been given, while also helping me achieve my dream," when had Ruairi stepped to the side of the guard, pulling her closer as he urged her to look into the future he could already see in front of them?
    "Your superiors would be so proud of your achievements! Excellent guardwork, excellent service to the people. Can you see it? Can you feel it?"
  6. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

"I. . . " Bell contemplated, her tone carrying some trepidation but not outright refusal. He made a good point, she would be able to keep a close eye if she were participating as well. Plus, it wasn't like she didn't know how to dance! Perhaps not the styles employed by the contestants around her, or the fair gentleman here, but she could at least move her feet. After a momentary pause, Bell seemed to relent, her guarded posture relaxing to the sweet honey spilled by Ruairi. ". . . I would be remiss to see you unable to participate after you came all this way." She nodded, almost convincing herself this was the right thing to do.

"Then, if you'll have me," she admitted, now having completely given in to his requests, "I may not stand up to your dancing skills, but I'll be your partner, so long as no incidents happen." She nodded, before taking a step away from the Rito and moving her hands to her head. She pulled off the Sallet helmet blocking her face, revealing bangless, chestnut hair. Although cut somewhat thin and short- only to around the length of her shoulders, enough to have been kept up when donning the helmet, - if Ruairi were informed enough of Hylian hair he could likely tell it was naturally much thicker in texture.

She gave him another bow, stating, "I introduced myself already, but if we are going to be partners, then please call me Bell."
  7. Nameless

Nameless Member vet

Ruairi knew he had managed to snare her, but he wasn't going to rejoice before she had agreed completely. He didn't want to snap her out of that, and it always was better when someone thought it had been their own idea, wasn't it? Less problems in the long run!
    "Wonderful!" The Rito finally cheered, once the guard had agreed to his whims. He clapped his hands together and took a step back, giving Bell some room to breathe without him quite literally clinging to her now.

Of course he responded to the bow with a bow of his own. A very theatrical one, for someone who had taken in the applause on stages many times.
    "And I am Ruairi, a performer extraordinaire. We will make a dancer out of you yet," he introduced himself properly now that the guard had done it twice already. Ruairi stroked his chin after pulling himself up and straightening his back, watching Bell peel herself out of parts of the stuffy armor. That definitely was not dancer attire – they'd have to remove the rest of it, too.
    "I got the band to agree to play for our rehearsals. And you are going to need an outfit. What shall it be? Do you have clothes you can rehearse in, or should we stop by my wagon first?"

They had limited time, so they had to try to make the most of it. The Rito at least did not want to run up and down the stairs more times than he absolutely had to!