It's Morthin' Time!!! [Forbidden Woods] [Cloud + Genzo]

Discussion in 'Classic Dungeons' started by Cloud, May 16, 2017.

1. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    "Well, I don't really understand anything relating to minor deities besides Valoo and Jabu-Jabu," he said, a chill running down his spine when he remembered how... cube-shaped its brain was. And the fact that they likely inflicted massive damage to its brain, which already didn't help the fact that the giant fish was likely mentally retarded in the first place. "Anyways, discounting my tale of Jabu-Jabu being probably mentally ill, I have no idea of what the Forest Spirit being corrupted could indicate. My best guess is that it's responsible for the well-being of the general area, but again, I don't know. I'll try to approach it with a sense of calm, but I think we should expect the worst when it comes to things like this."

He stepped off of the flower. "Regardless, if transporting it doesn't seem to be an option, I guess we could always slay it and harvest its seeds, assuming it's old enough to produce seeds," Julius continued speaking. "My lineage has always kept land in Kakariko, all the way back to its founding-- and I've picked up on a couple things related to crops and stuff, not that my family was ever especially into farming." Julius said, already intent on observing the area. It was spacious-- that much was true, what with it being nearly twenty feet high. It stretched out, too, meaning there was very little in the way to impede them... he thought, before quickly getting tangled up in a spider's web.

"Why, Hylia," Julius pled, tears forming in his eyes. "What have I done to anger you enough to put spiders on this island?"

It wasn't just any spider-- it was a spider twice his size! "Shit!" Julius struggled, trying to get free; only it just ended with him being caught in more webbing. It was everywhere-- on the ceiling, through the passageways-- Tom was lucky he hadn't moved forward yet, otherwise he would have also been caught!

Venomous Fiend
    Arachnefiend
  2. Doc Genz

Doc Genz frozen again Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    Tomate assessed the situation. He would have walked right into the web as well, regardless of his ability to see, he admittedly wasn't paying much attention at the time. The Arachnefiend's claw-ridden mouth wrenched open with a horrific hissing screech. Tom was going to have an interesting time with this one.

Sweating intensely, Tom shook out Julius's Adventure Pouch all over the floor. There wasn't much time to strike back. The chitinous boss lunged with all of its front legs combined together into a claw. He was going straight for Julie's throat. Tom jumped up and hovered briefly over the boss, he was brandishing the flame-infused Gale Boomerang over his head with both arms. He swung it straight down like a sword into the creature's durable body. It staggered sideways and missed Julius by a hair.

"Not this time! I'm not a fighter. . . uhh. . . but I will never let my comrades die on my watch." the Yeti grumbled. His eyes shone bright red as he stared back into the many red compound eyes of the bug.

It wasn't quite a spider, it seemed. It had so many eyes spread out across its face. With some extra inspection Tom quickly noted that it had six major legs instead of eight. It still looked just like a spider in any case. Without a defined midsection and with so many huge legs, Tom understood why Julius thought it was a spider.

Tom threw the boomerang quickly as to stop the thing from leaping at him too. A twister of flame began to consume the bits of surrounding web in the background. This was beneficial, Tom thought, but he couldn't risk trying the same thing on Julius. It would be a tragedy if it just lit him entirely on fire. The boomerang collided with the Arachnefiend head-on. Flames shot up around it, coating the creature like. . . a cloak?

The flame-cloak grew and the crazed beast let out no more than a hint of being uncomfortable. A large, bulbous area of chitin on its midsection began to crack. Tom's face clammed up. He had never really fought something quite like this before, and he certainly wasn't ready for what was coming next. As if loaded with springs, the chitin on its back burst open like a doorway, pieces of carapace falling to the ground. Tom shook his head as the boomerang cleanly returned to his hand.

On the fiend's face, its forehead right about, opened up from a vertical slit a Gohma-like single large eye pulsing with a blue power. From the shattered opening on its back released a gigantic set of coarse and colorful moth wings. The fire had helped it through an incubation period so that it could metamorphose. Tom slapped his face with an open palm in rife embarrassment.

While this transformation was all terrible and outright scary, it didn't mean Tom was at a disadvantage. That was, until what happened next. A moment that would go on record as probably one of the worst and most horrifying things to happen to either of them. Because the new eye that had opened on the creature's head wasn't watching, it was aiming. A flash happened in the eye and in this moment Tom knew to do something, anything to prevent certain death. Because the eye was flashing and pulsing in a way that was ultimately exactly the worst and most deadly kind of attack that was known to most Hylians for many hundreds of thousands of years.

A solid ray of white-blue energy poured out of its eye in an instant and like a flash of lightning. Tom was in the process of diving and tackling Julius away, and in slow motion tumbled away from the fatal center of the attack. The winged spider-like moth watched intently as a smokey, flaming explosion erupted and threw Tom and Julius across the room. Cooking the two would provide no obstacle to making them his meal.

"Sweet baby Anouki that hurt!" Tom groaned loudly, rolling along the ground.

The webs on Julius were on fire to say the least. The violent rolling across the ground of course meaning that Julius wouldn't remain on fire for long, however. Tom helped Julius back on his feet.

"We can't let it do THAT again! Ouhhhh nooo."
  3. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    "Thankfully," he said, brushing the burning webs off of his body, "I am mostly immune to fire-based damage, thanks to my raiment I wear underneath my armor. I was curious at first as to why you didn't just burn the webs off of me, but then I figured you probably didn't know about the raiment. I apologize; either way, you're right. We can't let it metamorphose again." He studied it more intently. Was it like the one he had faced off against in Skyreach? If it was, then that meant it could regenerate-- a clear disadvantage to them regardless of how much damage they inflicted.

But not if they could just end it. He thought that his Mortal Draw would be largely ineffective, mostly due to its airborne nature. If he had a ranged weapon, like a bow, that would likely spell out a different outcome. But, he did not, so he had to operate under what was present. He had an Ice Gem, Mirror Silver sword-- and a Mirror Shield.

This was gonna suck, plain and simple. He lacked any greater abilities, like Leap, so he was mostly stuck to the ground. The exceptions to this were his Roc's Feather-- but he doubted he'd be able to gain enough air to get at it in the first place.

But maybe...

Julius looked at its eye as it began to glow again. He would have to pray that he thought that the Gohma would believe he had perished-- but, with him being essentially a layer of resistances, he thought that it would be a bit difficult to believe. Which begged the question of if Gohma even knew about mortal concepts and resistances, but who knew? They likely could have been controlled by brains the size of a pea.

With a running start, Julius leapt through the air, being careful to cut down any spiderwebs along the way-- especially now that he knew what they looked like. Having spent a good few minutes tangled in one made one innately aware of what they felt like-- like a struggling bug, trapped within a spider's web. Or arachnoid. Whichever-- but if it produced webs like a spider, he would be lead to believe it was, in fact, a spider; no other amount of evidence could otherwise lead him to disagree with the statement.

Julius grabbed hold of the Arachnefiend's leg, using his absurd amount of muscle to pull himself up, slowly but surely. He grabbed at its wing; a suitable place to start with, to be sure, but soon he felt it rip and nearly come off. "Well!" Julius yelled over the beast's whooshing of wings, "That takes care of part of the problem!"

It started to dive; without two wings to keep it afloat, plus all two hundred plus pounds of Julius, it was diving fast. Julius barely had time to hop onto its back before it came crashing down.

Taking his icy Mirror Silver sword, he set to work on severing its other wing. It was badly wounded, he thought-- it was already screeching in pain as he hacked its other wing off. With this, it was almost totally flightless-- but it wouldn't be for long, if it truly was like that Verde Gohma that they had faced in Skyreach.
  4. Doc Genz

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    Tom was skeptical that the wings on the monster were all that vital to its attack pattern. He at the very least figured the wings were symbolic of its transformation, useful as they were. The point being he was just as terrified of what it might do next as he was before. This led to a whole other pattern of thought from Tom.

The wings, he thought, were usually the ultimate final metamorphosis of a bug. That meant at the very least it was highly improbable the thing could grow anything else. He panicked, thinking of maybe writing up a wide shield in the Infinite Novel. But he wasn't dumb enough to waste precious time writing up an item when he could be attacked at any time.

The fiend did a quick spin, shaking off debris and its floppy twitching wings. It spotted Tom with its glowing eye. It seemed to be charging another beam, but gaining the energy pretty slowly. It made sense that a biologically-based monster wouldn't have the stored energy to do that frequently. However, the fact that it could fire the beam again made it certain they had to act quickly.

The boss lunged Tom with a wide-body tackle. Tom wound up a Yeti Punch, he timed it so that he could counter the body slam the best that he could. The force was heavy and strained his arm as he connected his giant fist with the fiend's belly. There wasn't quite enough frost energy in his technique to freeze the boss, but that wasn't the point anyway. Knocking the creature back with his punch was the best thing to come out of the tackle. Tom shook his arm around, that collision really hurt.

"He's all yours for now." Tom staggered a few feet back.
  5. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    Hearing Tom's words, he grasped at where its eye was held. He started to hack into it, working through the tough chitin that held its body together.

Instead, he found something far worse-- the head popped off of its body, but it seemed it was only barely there to begin with. Sprouting wings, it seemed to enjoy this freedom far more than its body; it must have only used it to produce large quantities of white rope, Julius thought, as the corpse fell to the ground.

"Shit!" He yelled, as the corpse fell a few feet forward. He looked at the head, flying and then dropping down pathetically. "Well," He said, clearly aware of the danger they were in, "I think it's safer now than it was before-- but if it can charge that eye laser again, we may very well not be." He held his blade out in front of him; it was like some kind of standoff, if you could count a single, flying head constantly dropping to be a standoff. Julius approached, only to immediately be targeted by its laser. He drew his Mirror Shield; reflecting it back at where it was. Julius, shocked by this, exclaimed; "I can reflect its lasers!"

But the issue with this was that, now, in its body-less form, it was moving too erratically to properly be reflected. Noticing this, Julius informed Tom of such difficulties-- though, as long as it was drawn to himself, that he could effortlessly reflect its shots. "I don't know how, but just keep it occupied while I try and think of something."
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2018
  6. Doc Genz

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    Tom began to roll and tumble around as the hyperactive flying and spinning head made to dive at him. He started to bruise himself from how often and how quickly he had to dive away. Tom and possibly Julius began to fatigue as they wrestled the bug head away and avoided its feverish strikes.

Tom threw some punches. . . no dice. The force of his fists on the unpredictable flight patterns of the head were just giving him big scratches and cuts from the many fangs and sharp wings of the thing. He saw it start to glow again, but it flew out of range of Julius reflecting it. It must have been aiming at Tom this time. The Yeti jumped back--but it was too late. The Arachnefiend Head dove into a choreographed and perfect corkscrew. It emitted the laser while spinning, a helicopter blade of sharp light tearing painful stripes into Tom's fur and skin.

Tom let out a wail, a scream unlike any of the kind language that had come out of his mouth before.
    "We. . . WE MUST DEAL WITH IT." he announced, anger and intent flowing from his throat.

He began to roll into the area the head was flying and flailing about. It dove into him, dealing him another scratch. He yelled in agony. In this moment, however, he slapped an open hand onto the head with one arm. What happened next was strange and hard to see. He slammed his whole arm down the mouth of the bug, accruing many scratches from its many fangs. There was a loud and out of place "click" noise. He pulled his arm back out quickly(getting his whole arm covered in some kind of web-like fluid) and rolled away toward Julius.

The head stopped and fell, a loud humming noise coming from it. He looked to Julius, probing his mannerisms for looks of confusion. This would be at least a little hard to explain. The humming noise continued, and the Head started to crackle and snap. Carapace started to rip--as with the wing situation before. But it wasn't transforming, it was forcefully tearing apart. The head burst to pieces all over the floor. A large and expanding cylinder device fell in the center: the Superpusher. Tom huffed for air and picked up the device, turning it off.

"I think it's over. . . *gasp* for now. Uhh. You lead the way, I'll try to keep up." he gasped, hoping to recover from his injuries.
  7. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    Julius was at a loss for words for once. Shock and awe painted his face as the Superpusher extended through its chitinous skull; eventually, even breaking through. He was shocked, plain and simple. "Uh." Julius was dumbfounded by how ruthless and brutal the Yeti before him was. He almost wanted him in the Hyrule Guard; while he was certain he relied more on instinct, those were the kinds of fighters the Guard lacked in totality.

"Uh," Julius spoke, snapping out of his stupor. "Wow, you're... brutal, my good man." He was still in awe. But not too much awe to forfeit leadership. "Anyways, yeah. I'll take point. At this point, just... stay behind me, I guess," he commented, sheathing his blade. He rest his shield on his back, tightening the strap around his shoulder.

He set off once more, this time aware of just how impressive Tom's skills -- or lack thereof-- were. Relying entirely on instinct like that... He was certain he would have been dead had Tom not been here. They progressed through an entryway, now open, and the result was a long, relatively wide room. The ceiling was maybe ten feet tall, though it was nearly twice as wide as it was tall. "Be on the lookout," Julius warned Tom. They still didn't know if those Hylians -- or whom he had suspected to be of Hylian descent -- were still here, and if they weren't, what had killed them. It was likely that... thing, the Arachnefiend. But they hadn't seen any traces of them, so it's likely they had abandoned the journey thus far and set foot off the isle after realizing how corrupted it had become.

Julius stopped after having trekked in a fair bit. "I think something's wrong," he commented, not noticing any Morths or anything at all in the room. There weren't even any Peahats-- so fa having proven to be a staple of the forest's enemies. That and Mothulas. Mothulae? Who knew. He tested out his theory about this room actually being a huge trap, and took another step forward. Thorny vines immediately shot up, thankfully not penetrating his armor-- but only just barely. "Hm. So there are thorns here," he observed.

"Well, let's keep pushing and testing until we find a way through."
  8. Doc Genz

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    "UUUuuuaaagh." Tom moaned in pain as he hiked.

He had tried to keep a lookout and notice inconsistencies. It was very difficult and he was barely managing to pay attention due to his wounds. Tom slowed to a halt when it was clear vine traps had wrapped onto Julius. He was far behind at this point, but a single trap could cause him critical damage--thorns tearing his current wounds open. If that happened, he certainly wouldn't be able to continue.

There was something that he could do, however. It would just require him using up the little energy he had left. The vines seemingly only came up because of the pressure of Julius's feet on the ground. If Tom could remove the pressure from the ground he would be fine. He was an awfully lucky Yeti because of the two special items he had, one of them was especially perfect for this. He broke into a run, which was what would use up his energy. His sprint was necessary to get himself off the ground enough. The speed of him moving would allow his Hover Boots to activate for a longer distance. But he had to be certain to pick up enough speed.

A raised section of ground allowed him to start hovering. He flew a decent distance. It wasn't very far since he wasn't capable of running enhanced levels of fast like some people were able to. The closeness of him getting stuck here and dying prompted him to think of some way in the future to research higher levels of speed. He screeched to a halt at the doorway as his boots gave out. It was likely Julius had ripped up the vines at this point. Tom simply shoved the doorway open. He duly noted that it was weird for a jungle to have doors.

It was bluntly speaking, a lift. A crude wooden assembly of dried saplings and planks as a floor, overseen by a set of fiber ropes and pulleys. As for operation, it was surprisingly fitting for this entire place. A vertical basic turbine, essentially a sideways fan for receiving wind, stood out of reach in an open enclosure to the side. When Julius had entered the lift, Tom swung a Deku Leaf gust into the turbine. The simple machine turned the ropes and made the lift fall slowly downward into a deeper level of caves.

Things got interesting when a bright and decorated spring appeared off to the side. As they approached, a figure slowly faded into view above the spring. With four arms and a springy tail, it was clear that it was a Great Fairy. Three arms? The fairy seemed to be missing an arm and had a strange cut-like pattern across her face. The red pattern broke into the shape of a deep slash and split into three separate eyes, kind of like a big stitch shape. The disfigured Great Fairy motioned her arms.

"Young builder of trinkets. . . Seasoned aegis of civilians. . . I lost whatever I could give you today. Treat your wounds and weariness here, it is the least I can give you." she spoke firmly.

The Great Fairy disappeared with a giggle and a crowd of small fairies took her place as she vanished. Tom quickly sat himself in the spring and let the fairies wave their little wands all over him. He was silent but grateful his life didn't have to end here. After it all, his fur still had a terrible stripe pattern where the laser had spun into him. He would probably have to wait for that to grow back.
  9. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    Julius sighed as he lay back into the spring. "You know, I also faced off against a number of other threats. This Great Fairy in particular reminds me of one Lucia and I met back when Kokiri Forest was still in arguably some of the worst trouble it's ever been in," Julius paused, attempting to recall just how things had been back then. "I was still wearing silver armor, and didn't have a lot of the stuff you now see me with," he said, enjoying the spring's healing effects.

Man, were these things good on the body.

"Anyways, this was back when Lucia was still alive, may her soul rest in peace. We were climbing this tower-- Skyreach was what the locals had called it, though I met with a particular Deku Scrub who had called it something like, 'the ebony tower'. I don't quite recall, but how he generally explained it to me was that I'd basically be saving the forest if we took it down. I still don't quite recall how things played out, after that whole incident with Lucia dying and what have you, but I can pretty much guarantee that whether it was because of my actions-- or someone else's-- that it ended up healing pretty nicely. Anyways, back to what I was gonna bother telling you about. Huge Great Fairy. Severely torn up. As I recall it, her neck was all twisted around and bulging; something was probably off with her limbs, too, but I can't quite recall. As it so happens, it was in that Fairy Fountain where I affixed the Fire Gems that're on that boomerang," he trailed off, having closed his eyes in an attempt to get some shut-eye.

His finer senses hadn't stopped working, though, since he was still conscious. "Hey, Tom. Lemme ask you something. Where exactly did you learn all about gadgets and gizmos and stuff like that?"
  10. Doc Genz

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    "Uhhh yes. The Colossus Arm we called it. You could see it reaching up from across the country. But alas. . ." he trailed off, considering Julius's question.

"Up in the mountains. . . We Yeti live far apart from each other. It's the hundreds of miles of mountain ranges, tundra, and frozen desert. You wouldn't know it from looking on a map--the mountains make the distance look smaller. I lived out there with the mansion of my ancestors. They collected a vast many books rife with knowledge. If it weren't for my forefathers' obsession with the subject I would probably know about some other subject instead. I could be the Tom who knows only of fishing manuals." he shared with a hearty laugh.

"It is even said that tens of thousands of years ago, there were people who knew about far more impressive mechanics." Tom let his mind wander.

"It would take lifetimes of work to dig far enough for the kind of evidence of that. I doubt it, I don't think anyone will UHHH. . . ever find anything like that." he finished the thought before relaxing his sore body.

"If I wanted to build something truly great, I would have to make it myself."
  11. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    "Right," he said, enjoying the feeling of soothing waters across his feet. "You mentioned forefathers... If you know anything about general history, you'd be pretty impressed by my last name, but I'm thankful you're not the Tom who knows only of fishing manuals," Julius laughed. "But no. I come from a line of very talented knights-- my father, Faris, was even in the Knights of Hyrule, though he departed after the war ended and its immediate aftereffects ceased. He saw Ganon go in one hole, and come out of it... transformed," he spoke in mystified tones. It was obvious he wished he could have seen the events unfold for himself.

Hell, maybe he could have even stopped it. But that didn't matter. That was then, and this was now. "Anyways. Whatever happened to your parents? My father died when Ganon attacked, and I'm assuming most of my brothers and sisters did too. I don't know, truth be told; maybe one day I could find out, but today is not that day." He laid back, and shut his eyes. This was... soothing, in a way. Moreso than conversation with his troops ever was-- but that was probably just because he was held in high regards by most other Knights. There were even whispers of his name being put on the selection list for the Royal Guard; but those were just rumors. He would never be selected for the Royal Guard at his age; it was a dream that he had, sure, but it quickly faded once he got well into his older years.

He never even made it above Captain, after all.
  12. Doc Genz

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    "M-my parents?!" Tom thought out loud for a moment.

"Wa-wait!! What's that doing here?!!" he yelled, throwing a pointing arm down the hallway.

A great, burly Zazak casually strolled down the hall with a rope in its arm. Towed closely behind were a pair of Hylians with their entire torsos covered in rope. The Zazak groaned in intrigue. It slowly caught its eyes on the two unarmored bathers. The creature threw its hands in the air and clapped twice. Neither of them had seen something like this, a monster of Lorule patrolling the world of light. That was, if either of them had even seen a monster of Lorule in the first place. Two other Zazaks ran down the hallway to its side to help. Things were getting strange very fast.

Tom got out of the spring. Not only was he just getting used to combat, something this terrible had appeared after that crazy spider-like thing. Why now? and with those Hylians to boot. They were exactly who Julius had been talking about. Tom had just assumed they were common bandits or something. Tomate shivered.

"If I don't make it out of here. . . remember me." he motioned to the Captain.

The Zazak's arm came down like a ton of steel. Tom clashed his meaty bicep against the force. He started wrestling against the force. The Zazak furthest to the left unleashed a wicked lump of white light from its mouth. Tom sidestepped it and he and his opponent stumbled.

"Look out Julius! They're opening fire!"
  13. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    He was entirely nude, which meant no protection from their muscles or -- in their leader's case -- fireballs. Picking up his Mirror Shield and Mirror Silver sword as quickly as he could, it was only moments before the leader fired off a fireball in Julius' general direction. He managed to raise his shield just in time; any later, and he would have surely received a great burn on the majority of his torso.

It was reflected back at the fiend. With a deep roar, he squealed in a rage; while he was suffering third degree burns, that didn't stop him from charging at Julius.

He held his ground, parrying the Zazak leader at the most opportune of times -- it was nothing different from doing it to, say, a Darknut... which he had fought before. It was momentarily stunned; which was enough. Preparing a Spin Attack, he dropped into the ever familiar stance; and within a second, the monster's entrails were hanging out, varying organs cut. He dropped to his knees; perhaps they weren't so difficult to deal with after all?

He decided that they weren't. If he had fought Darknuts -- literal commanders of Ganon's army before, then what difference would it be to fight a creature native to the Dark World?

Already up and aiming for another, he was quick to face off against the only other not engaged on the battlefield. Running, he was quick to make it in time-- before he had fired another apparent fireball at Tom. Reflecting it, he readied another Spin Attack -- and, as the Zazak took this as an opening, he sprung, taking the Zazak down. With a wave of pure, slicing energy, he almost cut the Zazak in half entirely.
  14. Doc Genz

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    "That's some impressive work. UHHH. . . the last one looks sinister. I'll help! I'm helping." Tom replied almost comedically.

With the pair of Hylians almost freed, some of Tom's anxiety wore off. Especially with the healing waters of the spring bringing most of his strength back. Tom charged the last Zazak, and grabbed its shins in both of his gigantic hands. He arched his back and flung the poor creature upward. Soon, the Zazak ragdolled a few feet away, turned to jelly by the fall.

"Let's untie these two and see who they are."

Tom worked his way over to the rope to tear it off of the captives. He was sure his lord Julius would do a much better job of interrogating them. What with his own mild speech impediment he was sure his own conversation with the lads would go on for a long time about largely nothing, or maybe even cheese. Actually, before the preceding fight faded from relevance, Tom wondered if they had simply won too fast. As if maybe, the fight should have gone on for a little longer. That also seemed irrelevant, by the nature of the fact, because it was of their own doing that they had won. Tom scratched his head for a while. He couldn't totally blame himself for having such giant arms after all.

"This kind of cheese only comes once in a lifetime." he mused to himself about what he was looking for in the woods.
  15. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    "Well, they're nothing compared to actual Darknuts, which I have actually fought before. And they actually seem to hold legitimate rank within Ganon's army, too, as opposed to the nothing that these things seem to hold."

He went over and examined them thoroughly. Heavy wounds marked both their bodies, being covered with mud as well. "Well, it doesn't look too serious. They'll survive, if only barely," he explained to Tom, not caring what actually stuck. "Anyways. We should probably keep them in tow with us-- there's no telling when we're actually going to manage to get back to the surface. Actually, I wonder if it would almost be a better idea to just keep them here, and come back whenever we've dealt with the Forest Spirit... Yeah, that's what we'll do," he explained, mostly to himself. He noticed that they were only just barely conscious-- and that any further exertion would likely wear them out to the point of unconsciousness.

"Well," he expressed, looking towards Tom, "they're not in proper shape to go anywhere. It's pretty much our only option at this point," he conceded. Still, though, he felt bad for them. Why had they come here? It would only be a matter of time before they, eventually, got an answer to that question-- but now was not the time. Instead, they would be forced to seek out the corrupted Forest Spirit-- their chief reason for coming here in the first place.

"Let's go," Julius ordered Tom.
  16. Doc Genz

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    "UHHH, yes the Forest Spirit. About that. . ." Tom trailed off.

It was because he was starting to notice the corruption in the very scenery around them. With purple veins shooting out of the roots and leaves in the foliage around them, it should have been no surprise what came next. Another beaten and injured Hylian body appeared in a large section of the tunnel. Tom lumbered on his knuckles closer to the human frame. A shaking, jittering noise came from the wall-like entanglement. It was almost too perfect.

Morths. A fuzzy, buggerly, stinkerly mass of Morths came flowing from the walls like a great surge of release from the trees. They swarmed and enveloped the Hylian's writhing body as if to snuff it out and devour it. Next however, the body rose as if to stand on two legs. It took to its feet as a collective, a hive-mind. It formed large arms not unlike Tom's. It was rearing for a battle.

Morth Titan
  17. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    Julius was in awe. A living thing formed entirely out of smaller individuals. He supposed it was possible, but he'd never paid excessive amounts of attention to his sciences tutor. He was always thinking of combat, and his eventual knightly duties. He recalled something, actually: a hivemind. That's what it was.

He pulled out an explosive; a bomb, plain as day. He aimed carefully before he threw it. As it thudded against the ever-engorging mass of Morths, it fell to the ground. "This is where the fun starts," Julius told Tom, drawing his sword from its scabbard. He was focusing mostly on area denial, now; and while this was not his particular specialty, he thought he was good enough at it to deny any major gains. At least, not for his bomb to go off.

An explosion happened. This was excellent; now the Morths were scattered to the winds, but for how long? He gulped. The only way for them to exterminate the Morths was... by touching them.
  18. Doc Genz

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    Tom was also unwilling to touch the Morths. Their prickly, yet fuzzy qualities made them undesirable to touch. It came to reason, however, that Tom's large hands were perfect for swatting at these bug-like creatures. He scratched his head at first, making an audible thinking sound. He began by slapping his hand down, spraying his underpalm with a purple fluid.

"I sure do hope this uncommon cheese is worth it." he mentioned, raising his filthy paw.

He continued by swatting side-to-side, brushing some Morths away and others into the tree-like wall to be crushed. Tom stood on his back legs and puffed his chest out. Both of his extravagant arms came down onto the ground as a windstorm would blast dust and sand into the air. While his blows were powerful, they were not efficient and many of the Morths had avoided being slammed. Tom rushed through the opening this created, and tumbled down the hallway.

"UHHH, on second thought, I'll scout ahead. I trust your blade to rout those with ease."

Tom had a feeling something was ahead. His practical abilities led him to believe a trap of some sort to be lying in wait for them. He began to survey the area ahead. It would be his luck that some sort of doorway would block his view. . . the rooted pathway came to a bulb and an opening sealed by a strong wooden door. Tom wrenched the door open and looked. His gaze caught something incredible, something forbidden like the woods themselves. It was some manner of glowing lure.
  19. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    "Oh boy," Julius commented. At least he wasn't wearing just a tunic and couldn't actually feel much of these things; that would truly be the worst fate imaginable. Julius shuddered at the thought, before moving forward to gather more of them. "Right," he said to Tom, "well, you be careful." He slowly moved around; the Titan shuddered once, not seeming to have any particular effect. "Oh Golden Goddesses, grant me strength."

He swung around; a ferocious Spin Attack seeming to have slain all the creatures imaginable. Julius was quite pleased by this, and caught up with Tom in no time. Wheezing, he mumbled something like, "Those godsdamned Morths, never going to repeat this again," with emphasis on again. "Anyways, what'd you find?"

He looked on at the glowing lure. "What is that?" Julius asked no-one in particular. "Hrrrrm." He inspected it, walking closer, his mail jingling and plates clanking along the way. "I'm gonna... Hm." It was strange-- almost like...

He suddenly slid through the floor, likely because of the lure. "Well, that answers that question," he said, first getting some kind of bearing in this underground chamber. Biolumenescent mushrooms pathed a path for him to follow; instead, he tried his CommShell, speaking into it, he received no response. "Ah... That's right; I don't think Tom has one of these yet." He waited patiently for Tom to descend as well; he decided to sharpen his blade in preparation. They shouldn't be too far from the corrupted Forest Spirit now...
  20. Doc Genz

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    Tom followed Julius into the dark chamber, then watched as Julius sunk underground. Whatever trap was being created by these glowing organisms seemed to be helping them reach their goal. Although Tom still expected teeth at the end of the tunnel, he jumped in after Julius. He would feel pretty bad if Julius got eaten and he did nothing to stop it.

Searching with his eyes, Tom kept looking for some source of light besides the mushrooms. Tom expected that plants would need light too, and if they were to run into any danger it certainly wouldn't be in the dark. Suddenly, just as he had hoped, a reflection glinted off of some of Julius' equipment. He wasn't too thrilled though as a lot of marshy water started to creep up his legs and wrists. Plant refuse and mud began to grime him up. The dim glow from the end began to get brighter as they turned corners.

His eyes adjusted to a sudden burst of light. . . a colorful and cavernous verdant chamber. . . vast and roomy like an indoor sports field. . . they had arrived. The ground was disturbed. It was like roots and soil were moving and churning underneath their feet. The spirit Julius spoke of was probably near. But Tom noticed something else, at about the dead center of the place. A few petals split the ground and a stem formed into the bulbous maw of a pretty and colorful flora similar to a Boko Baba.

"What is that little guy? A new species?" Tom befuddled.