Ikanat See Without This Light [Eevachu + Cloud]

Discussion in 'Classic Dungeons' started by Eevachu, Jan 14, 2016.

1. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

Handshakes were not something Rika enjoyed. In fact, non-violent physical contact in general was something that was a bit of an un-pleasurable activity for the Kokiri. Still, it would have been a rough start to their relationship should Rika act impolite, and he would never do anything resembling that. Extending his hand to meet Julius’s, he shook the Hylian’s hand briefly before his arm retreated back towards his body.

Luckily, it seemed as though Julius was not a fool. He was quick to realize Rika’s skill with spellweaving, and even possessed some of his own, it seemed. If he was unskilled with it as he said, the fact that he possessed such a unique and interesting ability was something worth commending. After all, those without any capability for magic at all were simply too stupid to grasp even the most basic of concepts. Before he could address the spell at hand, Julius brought up the attractive Octorok waddling behind them.

“Ah, yes, that’s Wollo.” He nodded as the Octorok, eager to make a new friend, had come to stand beside Rika. “Considering it a spell is not incorrect, as for some that is true; but for us Kokiri, it is more akin to a natural trait we can intuitively perform.” He explained, nodding while glancing down at Wollo. “Wollo generally enjoys meeting new people, so if you speak to him you will likely make a new friend.” Rika laughed, mostly at the thought of Julius trying to communicate with Wollo, but there was still truth in what he said.

Rika’s attention shot back towards Julius. On first impressions, he had assumed Julius to be some scavenger or excavator with the forces of Southern Hyrule, but his demeanor and vernacular seemed to dissuade that. Was he from the North, then? Perhaps a soldier? It would explain his makeup, but the thought of a guardsman so far out from the capital all by his lonesome seemed, at best, peculiarly strange, and at worst, foolishly incompetent. If he was, it was lucky for Rika- and Julius- that the Hylian had proved his competence with both blade and mind already and shown himself to be an exception among the guard, as otherwise Rika would be loath to work with a fool calling themselves a member of the Hylian Guard. That was a matter he could address in a moment, though- for now, his attention was on the spell he had mentioned.

“Julius,” he spoke, his eyes scanning the Hylian for a moment before focusing on his helmed head, “you spoke of being capable of summoning magic, yes? Could you demonstrate? Admittedly, summoning a Keese is one of the simplest forms of summoning magic there could be,” he nodded, though before Julius could take it the wrong way he continued, “but yours is peculiar, should it be as capable as you said. In fact, I have never heard of a spell which can transmit the visual effects of both magical and nonmagical items alike to a summoned Keese all in one cast. The fact you say you have no capability with magic makes it all the more strange. How did you obtain such a spell, then?”
  2. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    "Uh, sure." He concentrated, and it appeared. The Keese appeared four winged, green, and with one, huge eyeball. He held the Keese, wary of the Twister's tricks, having already experienced them once. "The forces I got this... thing from are best left undisturbed. Usually. When it takes an interest in you, you can't really stop it... The Twister, I mean. It's this-- this thing, without a face. It can make you feel horrible, horrible things, too-- I have been subject to so many of them that I don't even know if the reality I'm in any more is where I'm supposed to even be. He... he changes things. Spells. Techniques. I've even had my own blade modified by him. What you see now is not how it once was."

He went quiet. "...But, should you willingly seek this power, this dark God that seemingly enjoys pain, suffering. Always respect him. The more power you offer, the more power you'll receive in turn. I know it. And-- don't offer things that aren't... inherently valuable to you. I offered my body, once, and I was sick with pox. Eventually, I got it cured... but not without a Great Fairy's help. She used the most powerful form of healing magic she knew, even stronger than Life, to rid me of my curse. I'm what you would call... a favored customer, I guess."

Silence struck him. "You can also summon him, though that is ill-advised. It's already an affront to the Goddesses even having something as vile as that thing is, watching over you. Being apart of you, too, as I don't recall how I'm able to even summon a Keese... or what it was that he did to me."

Silence. Recalling these thoughts had made Julius uneasy. He shook his head, giving up the thoughts immediately. "If I close my right eye, I can see through it. I get the feeling that, should I learn to summon another, somehow, it'll be through the left. But without me being able to find my ancestor, I doubt it will happen, honestly. Magic used to run through our veins-- but whether it was a gift given to us by some higher power, or if he was just naturally talented at it, I have no idea."
  3. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

The Twister. That was a name he wouldn’t soon be forgetting. It was almost as though Julius’s cautions fell on deaf ears; instead, the promise of this being-could he even be understood as such?- with such an assortment of power that he could change the very fabric of a creature’s abilities was incredibly fascinating to Rika. If Julius was truly incapable of magic, the fact that this being, The Twister, could imbue him with such powers was the most incredible thing Julius had said. Should Rika meet him-it-, he could only imagine the spells he could learn- the spells he could modify. Julius spoke of its dangers, but Rika was no stranger to them. He risked his life on a daily basis in the pursuit of knowledge, treasure, magic, and everything else in-between- this would be no different.

Rika had not expected the topic to disturb Julius to such an extent, though. Perhaps it would be best to shift the discussion for now. He mentioned magic used to run in his veins, which sparked questions in Rika’s mind. “Are you not from the North?” He pondered that thought for a moment. Generally, Northern Hylians possessed at least a mediocre affinity for the magical arts- even your average civilian could learn to spawn a single Keese, given enough time and training. “Earlier, you spoke of your reasoning for coming here in vague tongues. While I initially assumed it to be wanderlust, if you come from Northern Hyrule it must be something more. Your armor speaks to your relation with the guard in some way, but I do not see why they would send a lone soldier so far out alone. Then, does that mean you are here to find this ancestor of yours?” Rika questioned, thinking it over for a moment before adding, “I suppose if they were long deceased, searching in the city of undead would be a wise decision. . .”
  4. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    "I came to see whether the landing would be suitable for ships. As the best candidate for this, they chose me, and asked me to. But anyways. I'm from Kakariko. Before it fell, that is. My father-- Faris-- held a sect of land, and was even a founding member of the Knights of Hyrule. No idea if any of my family is alright, but that's why I'm fighting. To see my family again. I understand that my father won't be around, but if I have even a sister among the Gerudo, I'll be glad. But no. The ancestor that sealed it away was further back-- Xerxes Surgate. He was... a knight, loyal to the throne. At first, he was met with much scrutiny, having sailed from the Old Kingdom. But then, he displayed extraordinary magical capabilities-- kinds not even Sages could reproduce. Summoning magic was only one of them, though I suppose it stuck around. For better or worse, I guess."

He thought some more. In the legible sections of the journal that everyone had left behind, he would often appear as a Poe, or even a Wizzrobe. "Well, I guess he might actually be around here... somewhere, at least. He's described in what text I can read as appearing as a Poe, so your guess is as good as mine. Other times, a Wizzrobe, but I don't know which to believe."

Silence lingered. "So, what spells exactly do you know? I know you used... Aqua Grenade earlier, I think? At least, that's what it looked like."
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2017
  5. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

"Hm, I suppose our motives for being here differ after all." He commented, mostly to himself as Julius began explaining his family history. "If this Xerxes is the sorcerer you hold him to, I'm quite interested in learning more of him as well." He nodded before clarifying, "though, I will add that what you say is not an inconsistency. Any being, even an undead one such as a Poe, can become a Wizzrobe. A Wizzrobe is simply a creature who has become so consumed by their magic that it completely envelops them, both physically and mentally. Though often it drives them to the point of insanity, and they become so obsessed with their magic that it consumes them." Rika neglected to add his thought that only those weak enough to give in to their magic fell to this fate; it was probably not something Julius would have been pleased to hear from the Kokiri. "Though, that is often how the most destructive of spells come about." He added, a hint of respect carried in his voice.

"Count your fortunes, Julius," Rika suddenly exclaimed, "for I have decided to assist you with your venture. We are headed to the same place anyway, so it is an inevitability regardless, but I must admit you have peaked my curiosity. As such, I shall inform you of my capabilities." He nodded proudly.

"As you say, I am proficient with the spell Aqua Grenade. In fact, I am capable of a wide assortment of offensive magic- launching orbs of fire, coating my blade in ice, what you can imagine I can do. Speaking of," Rika glanced down at the polearm held relaxed in his hand, twirling it gently a few times. "Magic is not my only skill. This scythe, too, is a deadly weapon I wield. Of course, it is not my only weapon," he motioned toward the daggers sheathed at his side, "and I have a few other tools tucked away in my pouch." The bunny ears extending out of his hat seemed to bend and bounce in place in response, flapping downward before bouncing back upright.

"As for your capabilities," he directed the discussion towards Julius, "you say you lack proficiency with magic, but I have seen your skill with your blade. What are you capable of?" He prodded the Hylian.

"Ah, but first-" Rika interrupted himself, "I must make things clear, as I have agreed to work with you. While what I spoke of earlier, in regards to wanting to learn more about the magics enchanting this land, are true, that is not my only motive for coming here. I was reluctant to share this information, but I don't believe you to be a part of them, so there is no harm in mentioning it. I don't suppose you've heard of the Cult of Evarsi, have you?" Surely, Julius would not have heard the name before- despite his searching, Rika could not find a single mention in any sort of book and in his long years of adventuring only very recently had he first come across them.

Assuming that Julius would answer in the negative, Rika began to explain. "Admittedly, I know little about them either, but I have come across them a small handful of times; first in the Kokiri Forest, then again in the mountains in the north. They seem to be a horrendously evil cult aligned with none, who's only goal is to bring about the end of the world by bringing upon it this all-powerful monster they worship as if it were some sort of god. The problem lies in the fact that I have been unable to come across any mention of them; had I not encountered their traces firsthand, I would have believed them to not exist. However, if information of them is to exist anywhere, it would be in the minds and texts of the people of Ikana, I imagine." He finished his long-winded explanation with a small addendum. "As such, should you find any information related to them inside the castle, I expect you to relay it to me."
  6. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    He thought back to the burning of Clarence Clearwater's library. The perpetrators stole something that could, feasibly, be used to summon something... But what? "No, but based on past experiences, I'm starting to think I know which organization was behind the burning of Clearwater Library, along with the theft of a magical item. This magical item could be used to summon something, but I don't know what, and Clarence isn't around. So, no, but if they're really as dangerous as you say, then we must put an end to their machinations."

He thought more. "Experienced with a blade, eh? I also happen to be quite the Weaponsmith, but that's neither here nor there. I know... the Mortal Draw, which I probably should have used earlier; no idea if it would have killed him in one shot, though. Besides, I've got to actually concentrate on it, which... I doubt I'd have been able to do. I also know the Spin Attack, Helm Splitter, Plummeting Blade, and... that's it, really. Aside from that, though, I've also got a whole variety of trinkets at my disposal. Hookshot, Scorching Socks, Lens of Truth, Hawkeye... I've also got a weapon made of Mirror Silver, and a shield made out of it as well. So. Yeah. Usually, I'd have prepared more... but I didn't realize how dire the situation would be."

With that, the conversation lulled to a halt. He dug around, taking out a Kinstone piece. "Got any of these? Let's see if they match." It was a Violet Crown, but he was almost positive Rika wouldn't have the same one.
  7. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

Julius certainly had his fair share armaments making up his arsenal. When he pulled out the Kinstone, Rika casually responded, "Yeah, I have a-" but was immediately cut off as he recognized the violet half-crown Julius held in his hands. "No joke, I have that one!" The Kokiri exclaimed, digging through his Adventurer's Pouch to reveal three small gems; first, the violet half-crown matching that of Julius's; second, the left half of a green rupee; finally, two halves of a feather, one violet in color and the other golden. Rika had heard these things had mystical effects when combined, but truthfully he had never fused one; probably because he did not have any friends. So, Rika was incredibly eager to actually try now that he had found a match.

"Is this the only one of ours that matches? Let's fuse it, let's fuse it!" He exclaimed, tossing the others back into his bag at Julius's dismissal before extending the violet crown in a hurry. He could only imagine what wondrous effects might occur.
  8. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    "These things tend to take time. Like the last time, when I fused, I didn't get anything for almost a week." He fiddled around for a moment, considering going towards Captain Keeta.

"Well, let's get going, shall we? Keeta!" Julius shouted. "We've grown as close as possible," he adjusted his visor, "Anything more you're wanting us to do... it'll probably be a while."

Keeta reassembled, his bones resembling something like a giant human. "Very well," Keeta said. "Now, if you're absolutely confident that you have no more questions for me, I'll lead you to the tunnel." He looked at Julius. "Any questions from you?"

"No, but I get the feeling Rika might have a few."
  9. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

The lack of a reaction served as a bit of disappointment for Rika. Sure, there was the shimmer in the cracks caused by the two kinstone pieces touching one another, and the fusion resulted in a new, violet crown coming about entirely. That was the expected result. Nothing else happened, though. What Julius said was true, and Rika knew that, but he still wanted some mystical effect to happen -now-. It would come in due time, he supposed. In fact, the idea of some miraculous effect happening when you least expected it carried a certain level of excitement as well. Having justified reasoning to hold patience on the matter, Rika moved his attention to the re-appearance of Captain Keeta.

"I do. We spoke of this earlier, but I'll ask again- to what ends are you trying to reach? For what motive would a captain defy his own men- his own king?"

The captain grew silent for a moment before responding. "Hold patience- your questions shall meet their answer at the proper moment. For now, however, know this; higher forces than I are at play here. This is not my stratagem at work." Rika frowned. Patience. Patience. Patience. That word kept coming back, and it was one of his least favorite words.

Still though, Keeta's words sparked curiosity in the Kokiri. Were they helping to stage a coup d'etat against Igos du Ikana? Were that to be true, Rika honestly cared little either way. This was his way to get into the castle, and from there, he could assist as necessary to reach his goals. After all, he was not there to fight their king, but to speak with him.

"Then, where is the throne room located? I wish to speak with your king."

"The throne room is near the center of the palace, but I would advise against underestimating my men and bull rushing a path there as quickly as possible."

"Right." Rika kind of shrugged. Despite trying to throw the castle into pure anarchy with the presence of two outsiders, he certainly held great pride and care for his soldiers. It made everything more confusing.

"I have no further questions. Take us to the entrance." Rika commanded, and Keeta silently began walking.

After a short time, the four figures approached the outskirts of the castle. Keeta drew still for a moment, before his colossal skeletal leg stomped on the ground. The earth at Rika and Julius's feet rumbled, dirt and grass parting to reveal a wide opening in the ground. "Follow this path, and it shall lead you inside." was all Keeta spoke.

"Got it. Wollo, you remain here." He called to the Octorok. This was a pretty safe land, all things considered; even by himself, Wollo would not be in any danger.

"Then let us go, Julius." Rika called to the man, before a thought popped into his head. "Ah, yes, I feel I should not have to stress it, but let us do exercise stealth while inside. The longer we go without our presence being uncovered, the more advantageous for us." With that, the Kokiri recklessly hopped into the hole and began making his way down the tunnel.
  10. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    Stealth. Right. Well, to be completely honest, Julius was never particularly apt for stealth-- at least, not in his armor. There was a reason the Royal Family usually sent Sheikah instead of Guardsmen or Knights, after all. He supposed that he had been trained in stealth by his father many years ago, though he didn't really remember any of it.

"Alright." He looked back up at Keeta. He could already tell that this might be a patrolled path-- so he decided to ask Keeta himself.

"No. This path was meant to be used by Igos as an escape route-- only, it was constructed too small for him to fit through." Keeta replied, his eyes dulling over. "Go now. And remember-- be on the look out. Stalfos are not the only thing that await you within."

Great. Well, what was stopping him from going in? Probably the fact that Rika wanted him to emphasize stealth. "Well, guess I'll go in," he said, trying desperately to stealth. It was kind of working, too-- especially when you realized that he had spent an awful lot of time with a particular Sheikah.
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2017
  11. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

With a snap of his fingers, an incandescent wisp formed into existence and hovered un-movingly in place, illuminating the pitch-black tunnel and making aware a small radius around the Kokiri. Too small for Igos du Ikana, huh? The tunnel was quite large, honestly; Rika had a lot of room to move around, and even Julius could stand upright and move without being squished by the walls, even in his armor. Exactly how big was their king, then? Rika had never met or seen him, and was only familiar with the legends; tales of a brilliant leader and warrior marching an indestructible army, and so on. He had assumed the stories to be hyperbole, but perhaps to less of an extent than he had first thought.

Regardless, the opening began to seal itself behind Julius, and the two made their way forward. Though Captain Keeta informed them the tunnels were empty, Rika was not so quick to trust him, especially as their vision was limited to his wisp. Despite his cautionary approach, though, the captain's words rang true. They seemed to go on for a good handful of paces before eventually reaching a dead end. In front of them, a cracked, stone door. From the small chips and slits across it, Rika could see no light pouring in from the other side, as expected; it was likely that none of the creatures inside the castle required a source of illumination to see, which was yet another boost to their defensive capabilities if their fortress was like midnight.

After a few moments of hesitation, no sound seemed to be coming from beyond the door. Confident enough that there was not a guard or ambush awaiting them, Rika slowly pushed at the heavy door, and with an unfortunately noisy grind, it slid open. Unsurprising as they were entering from underneath the ground, Rika's light extended to reveal some sort of cellar. Heavy crates and barrels were scattered about the immediate area, thick coats of dust and webbing wrapping them up. It was likely no one had entered this room in quite some time. Regardless, Rika was quick to wield his scythe- just because they were not faced with any foes now does not mean it would remain that way forever. There was likely some way out- they would have to search to find it.
  12. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    They were... in a distillery, it seemed. He smelled alcohol, that much was true, but who knew how long it had distilling down here. For all he knew, it was probably nothing but ethanol now. Taking a quick look around revealed nothing, but he definitely heard something.

He stopped, making sure that nothing else was in the room with them. No... something was definitely in the room with them. No, something with clearly hostile intent was here with them. "Rika, stand back." With that, he drew his sword, and took a defensive stance. Whatever it was, he was almost positive that it was invisible, or blended in extremely well with its surroundings. But, with his Mirror Shield extended, he couldn't necessarily reach out and grab his Lens of Truth. "Something's in here with us," was all that was said as he waited for it to strike.
  13. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

Rika body tensed and his eyes hurriedly skimmed the dim-to-pitch black room, in the hopes he would catch a hair or a dash of something- anything looking to attack them. Moments passed, and nothing had struck, though the curious pitter-patter of scratches bounced across the floor and against the barrels, a light, familiar squeaking noise following alongside it. Rika sighed, and his tense posture faded- they were little more than rats. Hard to spot with their diminutive size and nest of nooks and crannies to dart between, but utterly harmless. He stepped forward, and that was when he experienced the true threat. First, his body moved incredibly sluggishly, though he did not feel any sort of additional weight. He knew these were more than mere rats, now, but before he could explain or speak to Julius, the second threat spoke.

The barrel directly to his right exploded, sending wood chips splattering to the ground. Sickly, green ooze, as if it had a life of its own, sprang forward and collapsed onto Rika, enveloping the small Kokiri's upper body in its gelatinous goo entirely and sending him flying towards the ground. Why was it always slime, or goo? They were the most disgusting of them all. It was also trying to suffocate him, which was the more pressing matter, but the mess they made was the real annoyance to Rika.
  14. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    Julius knew the secret behind these creatures-- that they'd slow you down, assuming too many got on you. Just like Morths, really, except they weren't icky bugs. With a Spin Attack, they were all off, allowing him to move freely once more. Then, the creature Rika was facing became more apparent.

The thing was producing green... slime? Yes, it was slime upon closer examination. And what's more, it seemed that the slime itself was attacking him, indicating to him that the thing was either a ChuChu... or some other kind of slime-based monster. Deciding that Rika would be best to handle it, he turned towards the various Boes and whatever else were dwelling within the dark depths.

He started dispatching them with relative ease-- once he knew where to find them, that is. Occasionally he'd miss-- more than he would have liked, honestly-- but that was to be expected, especially when you consider that the little light he did have was almost always by Rika. With this in mind, though, he knew where to find a couple of them, and ended them.
  15. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

Fuck ChuChu. There was something absolutely wretched-feeling about one falling on you. The unpleasant squish, the horrible residue, the foul taste- much to the displeasure of many due to their common use in potions and elixirs,- there was little to like about them. Some types clung to their targets, like now, and attempted to suffocate them by enveloping their heads and cutting off all forms of oxygen. While not especially durable, in a surprise attack they could catch the stray adventurer unaware, and in a panic they may fail to grasp air in time. This was especially true with how it may prove difficult to actually attack them without harming yourself. Additionally, if allowed to fully restrain a person, there would be little one could do to actually fight back, unless they were able to strike without moving.

Rika's collapse was cushioned by the goo, though that was not especially his concern at the moment. His mouth open, he could feel the ChuChu trying to seal his mouth shut, but he would not be letting that happen. Swirling wind formed inside the ChuChu's goo and shred it apart, a ball of wind whirling outward and tearing large glops of goo on Rika's head apart. The attack by itself had been enough to kill the ChuChu, halting its movement and attempted murder, but he was still draped in its slime like a Nickelodeon star. Rika groaned. Even if one tried, this sludge did not remove itself quite so easily- it would definitely affect his movement were they to fight soon, even if only a little bit. For the moment, Rika's partially free arm drew out his dagger, and began carving at the goo to at least free his arms more and prevent them from being held down.

Meanwhile, as Julius stabbed away at Boes, something lit up in the darkness- in Julius's mind?,- a pair of two, glowing, red gem-like eyes. Immediately after sparking to life, an Armos Statue stomped its way from behind a large cask in an attempt to tackle Julius.
  16. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    He had already sensed the creature charging him, and deftly sidestepped away from it, meaning it was the perfect opportunity to attack... if he could see, which was a challenge. He had desperately wished that he had some magical potential besides that which the Twister had only barely managed to awaken; hell, even if he could cast Spark or-- better yet-- Will-o'-Wisp, he would have no problem attacking the monstrosities of Ikana Castle. But he couldn't, so he had to rely on his sharper senses... Which, if he had to admit, were lacking, if only because he couldn't see a damned thing.

He struck blindly-- only the last attack actually striking the stone of the Armos Knight. "Shit," he said, clearly noticing that this was an Armos. He would need to use bombs, then.

But as he reached for his bombs, the Armos struck again; performing a series of swipes with its obsidian blade. He had managed to not get struck by it more than once; but, as it was obsidian, its edge was extremely keen. This meant that, while it was extremely brittle, if it managed to strike a weak spot, he would be bleeding by the rate of pints a minute. He needed to make sure that didn't happen; so, drawing his shield, he attempted to break his blade, with some measure of success.

His fingers finally finding his Bomb Bag, he reached in to grab a bomb. Pulling his hand out, it was pretty much as you would expect a bomb to look like-- nothing special. With a quick huff, he threw the powder-filled explosive at the statue, the sheer force causing it to explode. But, thankfully, Julius managed to deflect most of the shrapnel away with his shield.

He looked over to Rika. He was still draped in the slime, like some sort of kids' television network star. It seemed almost comical to him. As he opened his mouth to ask Rika if he needed any help, he felt something strike his back; the Armos was the only explanation. Jumping to the side, Julius saw that it was, in fact, the Armos-- somehow still standing. Thankfully, it hadn't been enchanted to the point of actually knowing how to attack; it was stuck swiping with its crumpled sword.

Julius sighed. What would need to be done for this Armos to terminate itself? He supposed complete destruction; it seemed like that was about the only way, at least, as they (the ancient mages of Ikana) had enchanted it to the point where it wouldn't stop unless it was forced to. Admirable, at least; detestable at best. Julius frowned. He drew another bomb, ready to blast it to smithereens.
  17. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

This was as good as removing the ChuChu sludge was going to get- at least for the moment. Luckily, ChuChu jelly famously did not harden when removed from its host body, which would have proved to be remarkably obnoxious. Julius seemed to finish his game with the Armos, though with notably far more noise than Rika would have liked. "Avoid using those bombs further, if you are able." Rika ordered, watching the remnants of dust within his flickering Will-o-Wisp's flame settle. "Who knows to where- or to whom- their noise carries." He thought he had emphasized stealth, but perhaps that was too much to expect from a Hylian. For now, at least, it was hopefully fine- a few moments had passed, and there were no sounds of the two of them being rushed. This, at least, meant this room truly was empty, barring another potential ChuChu explosion.

After another few moments of wandering, the two of them came across a stairway leading up to a door- the cellar exit, surely. It was certainly possible that beyond this door was an ambush waiting to pounce on them as the door opened. That was when an idea popped into the Kokiri's head. Glancing over to Julius, he called out, "You Hylian tend to have a knack for sensing oncoming danger, yes? Feel anything threatening beyond this door?" Surely enough, Julius would have felt nothing, other than perhaps gas passing through his bowels- was that Sense, or simply his old age catching up to him?

Nonetheless, for Rika, that was enough to assume there was nothing immediately beyond the door. Sliding it open, the Will-o-Wisp shone outward to reveal. . . a wall perpendicular to them. To their sides, the light flickered against darkness, revealing two things; first, that there was more to either direction than wall; second, that the castle- or at least, this area they were in, was completely un-illuminated. It made sense, though- what need did undead have for light? It served as yet another major defense against invasion.

In Rika's mind, he could see that they were in a hallway that stretched on in both directions, with many different doors. Presumably, this was a major hallway of the castle, and through it, they could connect to many different parts- though what led to where, exactly, Rika did not know, as he lacked the information needed for that.

The hallway was silent, but Rika could not help but feel unnerved. The stone walls were old, yet firm- if they ever needed to flee, destroying terrain to make new paths would be a poor option. Additionally, they could only see a small radius beyond them- it would be entirely possible for an enemy to be watching them or preparing an assault from a far distance long before they became aware of its presence. He had stressed the importance of stealth. Additionally, there was just something. . . creepy about where they were. Perhaps it was merely the idea of being in a castle full of undead, but Rika felt a strong sense of discomfort poke at him, unnerving the Kokiri slightly. It was not something he could let dissuade him, though- he had to move forward if he was to get what he wanted. "Let's proceed right." Rika called out in a hushed voice, before making his way down that path as the only one with a light source.
  18. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    "Striking stone with metal will ruin a perfectly good sword, you know," he explained. "But yes, I will attempt to keep quiet, barring further roadblocks." He moved forward, the light of Rika's Will-o-Wisp illuminating the area around them both.

Hearing Rika's assumption somewhat angered him. "Those of us who are trained, yes. For those of Southern Hyrule, it should be almost second nature. Thankfully, I am both from South Hyrule and expertly trained." He felt the area behind the door. There wasn't anything-- barring maybe a few mice. "...Nothing, but that doesn't mean that there aren't threats outside the range of my detection. It would also be worth noting that Sense only works on, well, creatures with a heartbeat. Doesn't work on undead, otherwise I probably could have made it out of that desert jail without a broken arm." He grimaced. He was glad that the Healers of the Guard were able to quickly cast Life on him, once he got back into Castle Town proper.

As they progressed through the castle, a group of four made note of their progress. "What should we do?" One asked. Another, their master, replied, "Wait for them. If they manage to progress far enough, then we shall strike."

The company rounded a corner. There were some concerns along the way; such as your basic Boe, but even in absolute darkness, they couldn't fight well enough to adequately defend themselves. Then, they heard a shrill, piercing scream--

It was a group of ReDeads. He was overcome with such fright that he was effectively paralyzed-- a weakness, to be sure, but he hadn't met anyone who wasn't otherwise stunned upon hearing a ReDead's shrill howl. Two came out from apparent sarcophagi-- embedded into the walls, apparently. They seemed to carry humongous greatswords, trailing behind them with every slow, agonizing step they took. They were in for a fight.
  19. Kinstone Keeper

Kinstone Keeper What will happen?

Hm. Julius was wise in this matter. When the two purple halves become whole, a tiny bead of light shone from the stone's center. Like a wisp of smoke, it gradually trailed upward, before quickly fading into the air.

It did seem like it took quite a long time for anything to happen. Maybe luck was not on their side?

Either sooner or later (and in this thread or another), Julius would feel an unusual and sinister energy concentrated in his hand whenever he clenched his fist. Seemingly without any training or effort, he would come to realize he mastered a fearsome technique others call the Warlock Punch! How peculiar. Had he been practicing it in his sleep? Did he have an ancestor pass it down?

Oh my. Rika is fated to fall into blue dye of some kind. When will that happen? How? Who knows? Whenever it happens, he will be able to get the dye off himself and most of his gear, but try as he might his formerly red tunic seems to really want to stay Purple... and it seems like more than just the color changed. Even if Rika does get that color out, it seems the tunic's newfound capabilities will stay.
  20. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

Rika frowned. Not because of the mind-melting, vile screech piercing his core and freezing his body, but that normally this would be the perfect opportunity to harass a helpless enemy with spells. After all, a narrow hallway with no exits for them to slide in and out of to avoid oncoming fire? Perfect. It was unfortunate, then, that many of Rika's spells proved to be loud or create permanent terrain damage- not proper for leaving no trace of his presence. Admittedly, the ReDead Knight's scream made the noise of one hundred of the Kokiri's Aqua Grenades, but that, at least, was normal in this place- explosions were not.

Nevertheless, the pair was immobile and at the whims of the ReDead Knights, slowly slinking their hunched, drooping bodies towards the pair, the sheen of their massive, rusted blades trailing across the ground. The duo's immobility would break, as per normal, just before the zombified monsters struck- though their targets were practically indistinguishable, as they made wide sweeps across the hallway like a pair of closing scissors, as if they were trying to cleave through the two living beings completely in one fell swoop from each. Rika dove, rolling through and behind the ReDead Knight nearest to him, its blade crashing into the wall but otherwise doing little damage to effect it structurally.

With a swift swipe of his palm, his fingers loosely drew a small pocket from a pouch in his side, and in the motion of it loosing from his fingertips, it was charged with a chilling ice energy. The packet collided with the mummy's hind leg, and exploded with a wave of force, ice shrapnel exploding forward and shredding behind its knee. It fell, collapsing to the ground from both the pressure and its leg giving in to the weight of itself and its sword. It could not move, but it was debatable whether they could already, anyway.