Small Fish in a Big Pond (Xero/Mag)

Discussion in 'Classic Dungeons' started by Magnere, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Magnere

Magnere Momentai vet

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-6426-3927
    Lakebed Temple
    -Areyal (1/5/2): Profession: Totally Real Wizard lvl 1, Handheld Illusion, a Kinstone, and 8 :roop:
    -Cera (3/2/3): Profession: Monster Slayer lvl 2, a Kinstone and 43 :roop:

Dungeon Music

Areyal was stunned beyond belief. Here, down in the very deepest parts of Lake Hylia, laid a temple so old and forgotten, that no one dared to go anymore. All except the foolish, or the most brave of all Zora. Areyal tended to just consider herself curious, though anyone else would have called her foolish.

Equipped with nothing but a single bag across her shoulder and a wooden staff in her hands, she was clearly under equipped to go exploring in such a dangerous place like this. Was Areyal worried? Not at all! An accomplished mage like herself could defend herself from the dangers that prowled the deepest of waters. Clearly.

The entrance to the temple alone was huge! Larger than any building she could remember stepping foot in before. Swimming a little bit closer inside the huge archway, she began to excitedly look around for anything of interest. From markings on the wall, to perhaps old statues. Unfortunately, anything near the entrance was probably washed away by years and years of erosion. The best she could find was large cut in the wall she thought might have been part of a larger carving, but it was hard to tell.

Slowly making her way further in, it opened up to a large air filled cave. Swimming up to the surface, she slowly climbed up, and was once again stunned. Inside was incredible! The cave walls had markings and writings that could easily be hundreds, if not thousands of years old! Squealing with delight, she ran over to the closest wall to begin inspection.

Unbeknownst to her, however. Four large purple Chuchus fell down from the ceiling, with only a slight squishing sound. Disturbed by not only her intrusion, but also her obnoxious sound that woke them, they were more than a little angry.
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
  2. Xeronoia

Xeronoia Member reg

Trident clutched tightly in her shield hand, held out and away from her to ensure they didn't clank about, Cera kept her unblinking black eyes locked forward. Moving one foot first, then her free hand, and last her other foot, Cera slowly but surely crept across the ceiling of the air-filled cave.

Light shuffling betrayed her movements, small bits of dust and rock shifting free as she passed. The strain of clinging to the ceiling in such a manner brought a slight tremble to her limbs, the Zora lightly biting her lip in concentration. Bringing herself mere feet away from her target, purple creatures that had sent a twinge of danger through her senses on arriving here, she swept her weapon across the ceiling.

A delighted squeal rang out in that moment, the blobs giving a startled wriggle before dropping down to the floor below. Cera's trident struck nothing but air, overextending her swing in surprise and further taxing her tenuous grip on the ceiling. Barely managing a curse of confused frustration, her own loss of focus allowed gravity to reassert itself.

Popping free from the ceiling unceremoniously, the instinct to shout and flail about flooded through her mind. Panic flashed across her face before being swiftly forced aside, the warrior steeling her expression and mind alike. Acting more on impulse than any coherent plan of thought, she twisted to land on her side instead of her back and braced her shield arm beneath her.

What looked like an attempt to block the very ground itself became a meteoric strike against one of the angered chuchu from above. It's gooey composition softening her landing, the unfortunate creature found itself squashed between unyielding metal and stone. Purple ooze sprayed about as it burst apart, popping like a water filled balloon.

Shaking her head slightly, disoriented by the sudden turn of events, Cera pushed herself to her feet. The remaining chuchu were quick to notice her arrival, quivering angrily at her. Shifting her trident to her free hand and raising her shield, the Zora warrior flicked her gaze briefly towards the source of the distracting squeal.

As the larger pieces of gooey remains began to wriggle once more, she turned her attention solidly back to the monsters. Waiting for one to lunge for her, she shouted out a single word warning to the one who had obliviously ruined her attempt at catching the creatures by surprise. "Jellies!"
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
  3. Magnere

Magnere Momentai vet

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-6426-3927
    Areyal jumped, startled immediately as she the loud clash between metal and stone. Quickly turned around, she froze for a short second. Oh god. There was someone else here! And Chuchus too. Oh those disgusting little things. They were trying to sneak up on her, weren't they? Frowning a little bit, she shook her head. That wouldn't do at all.

Careful not to hit her fellow Zora, she aimed and raised her right hand. Immediately, this blue vine grew and slipped out of her palm. Without missing a beat, the pincer on the tip of the vine spit out a burst of cold flame directly at the jelly closest to her. Teach them to sneak up on her when she's exploring like this.

Before the slime monster knew what was going on, the cold fireball struck it dead on. Immediately, an entire half of the goo beast froze solid. Frozen in place, it's other half wriggled in pain before it eventually slumped lifeless and splattered to the ground. All Areyal did was giggle slightly. If these things were trying to hurt anyone, they were doing an awful job.

Taking a slight second to look up at the other zora here, she tilted her head. They looked a little strange compared to most Zora's she had seen, what with those flukes on her head. Either way, every Zora was entirely different! It was just part of what made her race the coolest in all of Hyrule. Clearly.

Two Chuchus remained. Hopefully, the strange Zora could take out one, and she could take out the other! Teamwork! Smashing her wooden staff down on the ground for a few seconds, the ground started to grow a very pale blue. Lifting her staff straight up, a large spike of ice rose from the ground that was nearly as tall as she was!

"Incoming!" She shouted as she immediately swung her staff at the ice spike. Defying perhaps all logic, the ice suddenly shot forwards at an immense speed. Normally when she used her Ice Shot spell, she didn't have to worry about potential friendlies in the road. Unfortunately, Cera was directly in the path of the speeding spike. Woops? Hopefully they would be alright. She did warn them after all.
  4. Xeronoia

Xeronoia Member reg

Cera found herself distracted despite herself once more, as the hammer-headed Zora froze one of the purple chuchu nearly solid. The strange blue vine, and fire that dropped the temperature in the cave a fair bit, were something the monster slayer had never heard of. She wasn't an expert on magic by any means, and not even a fan of it, so she supposed it was just her lack of experience with it causing her to find it surprising.

Distaste for magic aside, she couldn't argue with how effective it was. Forcing her attention back to one of the remaining chuchu, it gave a vigorous jiggle before hurling itself bodily at her shield. Intending to block the strike, blue spreading across the ground in the side of her vision and a shout of warning caught her attention.

Changing plans, Cera pushed off the ground in a backwards hop. Before she or the chuchu attempting to attack her touched down upon ground once more, a tall pillar of ice tore across the room. The attacking chuchu, and the remains of the first that wriggled about, splattered hard against the ice as it smashed into the far wall.

Not letting a wary unease about any further unexpected actions from the mage stop her, Cera charged forward the moment her feet touched the ground. The ice attacks having provided ample distraction, she thrust her trident across the body of the remaining chuchu. Sharp prongs cut the jelly apart, the creature splitting into two smaller ones.

A series of rapid stabs repeated the process, the Zora warrior alternating which purple blob she struck in an effort to keep them disoriented. The tactic proved successful, and in mere moments all that remained was smears of purple goo across the cave floor. Sweeping her gaze about just to make sure all was well, even though the twinge of danger had faded away, Cera gave a satisfied nod and relaxed her stance.

Regarding the far taller Zora mage for a moment, Cera offered a friendly smile. "Bit of a bummer my sneaking didn't pan out like I planned, but that's that! You here to clear out the monster infestation too?" She once more returned her trident to her shield hand as she strode forward, offering her now free one out for a handshake.
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
  5. Magnere

Magnere Momentai vet

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-6426-3927
    Well, she certainly couldn't doubt their skill with a weapon! They were rather impressive, in her opinion. Granted, she had never seen too many warriors. Well, ones that were moblins. And trying to kill her. But that was a different topic entirely. Grinning widely, she bounced on her feet a little bit in excitement.

"Monster infestation? Oh, I had no idea! But sure I'll join you. I was just curious is all." Quickly, with the very same hand that spit out the vine, she grabbed her hand and gave it a nice firm shake. Hopefully she wasn't weirded out by that vine thing, right? It was a long story to explain.

Pulling her hand back, she eagerly scanned the room with all four of her eyes. This time examining the ceiling with her upper two quite thoroughly. She'd definitely have to watch from here on out, but if all the monsters were that easy to kill, then it would be absolutely no problem! Hopefully there wasn't any like, Moblins or Stalfos down here... though how they got underneath the waves would be an interesting puzzle to solve.

"So... my name is Areyal! I'm a wizard in training, though I guess I'm really just training myself. So I suppose I'd just be a full wizard then? Either way, it's a pleasure to meet you! I like ice magic, but I'm not limiting myself. Light magic and that kind of stuff is really nifty too! I just really, really like ice. That's not too weird, is it?" Once again, Areyal began rambling off to a total stranger, again. It certainly wasn't the first time she almost told a stranger her entire life story.
  6. Xeronoia

Xeronoia Member reg

Cera didn't mind shaking the hand that had been the origin of the strange magical vine at all, pleasantly surprised by the firm grip the mage had. Even if she did mind, she didn't remember which hand it had even been in the first place. Handshake concluded, she took her trident up in her free hand once more.

The Zora warrior opened her mouth to respond to the offer to join her, only for the taller woman to keep going. Listening to the bouncy and excitable mage, Cera really had no frame of reference to know what would be particularly nifty about Light Magic. Maybe it was useful in the dark, making it brighter and easier to see?

When Areyal finished introducing herself, a pause of silence filled the air. With a slight start, Cera realized more wasn't coming. Taking a brief moment to run over everything that had been said in her head, she made sure to take a nice big breath before responding.

"Yup! Monsters all over the place. It's definitely a lot safer to have someone else around than being alone, extra eyes you know? Between the two of us, we got six, so that's pretty good. Don't worry too much about keeping your eyes peeled, as long as you stay pretty close to me I can tell when anything dangerous is around. I'm Cera by the way, Monster Slayer. Going to make the world a safer place one monster at a time! Sort of just starting out myself, though, so there's still a lot of monsters and places I haven't seen yet. Anyways, nice to meet you too, it's been awhile since I last spent some time around other Zora."

Here Cera had to pause to take a breath, and think about anything she had missed in her long winded response. "Oh right, I'm more a fan of running around, fighting, that sort of thing." She emphasized this by flexing her shield arm some, the compact but clearly defined muscle easily apparent. "A lot of people seem to think magic is pretty cool though, so it's probably not weird?"
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
  7. Magnere

Magnere Momentai vet

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-6426-3927
    Cera? That was definitely a pretty name! She smiled widely to herself as the self proclaimed monster slayer spoke. At the mention of six eyes she giggled quite a bit. Her upper eyes blinked in recognition. Thankfully, strange heads and body parts weren't too uncommon amongst Zora. She'd seen a few Hylians give her strange looks at the sides of her head.

"Well, then I say we make the perfect match! You can do all the close combat fighting stuff, and I can do the magic fighting stuff, and we will be golden!" She exclaimed loudly, bouncing on her feet. "I mean, I'm not entirely sure what help I can offer if we run into like, anything huge." Her arms spread apart as she spoke. "Buuuut.... I think we will be fine. I'm glad to offer assistance!"

Holding her arms back against her chest a bit, her long arm fins waved in the sudden movement. Goddesses, this was exciting! Purging a monster infested temple with a strange new friend, from an unknown threat! If only this happened every other day. Life would always be so full of surprises.

Her quest to study the walls completely forgotten, she quickly began to scramble a little further into the cave before suddenly stopping. "Actually. I should be in the back. Right? I mean. I've seen frontline mages before, but I don't necessarily need to be up close to deal damage and stuff. You have a sword, so... Would you like to be in front? Or should we just stand side by side? Oh, does it even matter? Perhaps not. Nevermind."

And with that, she just continued to walk.
  8. Xeronoia

Xeronoia Member reg

Figuring the hyperactive mage for a rambler, Cera nodded along and waited until she was sure Areyal had finished. Simply standing there listening to her was growing a bit tiresome, until the hammer-headed Zora threw her for a loop by suddenly heading off further into the cave. Quickly following after her, the shorter Zora nearly ran into the taller one as Areyal suddenly stopped and resumed speaking.

Getting her bearings back, Cera quickened her pace enough to bring her beside her scatter-brained companion as she headed off into the cave once more. Finding the mage's unpredictable behavior rather engaging and fun, she took a moment to collect her responses. Taking a deeper breath than last time, she spoke as they walked to the far end towards some steps leading up a raised platform.

"Side-by-side is our best bet, it'll be easier to keep an eye on each other. Plus monsters won't be able to gang up on one of us as easily, and I'll take care of anything big that shows up. If it's extra big and nasty, it might be best to run or hide or something. Taking something like that head-on is pretty stupid, at least if you have other options."

Cera stopped talking as the two found themselves before a thick gate of metal bars in a fanciful pattern, the Zora warrior moving to tug on one side. The gate rattled a bit, but held fast. Peering through the gate at the door on the other side of a small nook, she contemplated trying to pry it open with her trident instead.

Putting that idea as a last resort, not wishing to damage her weapon, she glanced towards the bottom of the gate to note the small gap between it and the ground. Unfortunately it was a bit too narrow even for the slender Zora, and she flicked her gaze upwards instead. The far larger gap between the ceiling and the top of the gate brought a smirk to her face, and she turned her head to regard Areyal questioningly.

"Looks about ten feet tall or so to me. Think you can climb up that, or do you need a boost?"
  9. Magnere

Magnere Momentai vet

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-6426-3927
    At the gate, she seemed to have the same thought as Cera. Prying it open would probably not work, not to mention her own wooden weapon would splinter before that happened. Climbing was the best option. "Oh, easy. I can climb up no problem. I've climbed up worse things before. Besides, that gate looks pretty easy."

Setting her staff down on the floor, she slid it carefully underneath the gate. Cracking her fingers overdramatically, she gripped the gate and began to lift herself up.

Well, if by lift herself up meant struggling to pull herself up, then that is exactly what she did. Her own feet were having trouble finding purchase on the gate. Not being the most physical apt Zora in the world, it was rather challenging. She managed to get up a few feet before she fell back down onto her bum.

Huffing angrily to herself, she stood up and dusted herself off. "I can do this. Just... give me a bit to warm up. Yeah." With that said, she began to stretch out her arms and legs a little bit. The most active thing she had done in a while was swimming really. Climbing a gate couldn't possibly be that hard, right?

Once she had prepared herself, she began to slowly climb back up. Getting her head just over to the other side before she felt her strength starting to give out. Frustrated, she slipped back down onto her feet. "I could totally do this... but this gate is really slippery. Maybe you should just do it... Or give me a boost, yeah."
  10. Xeronoia

Xeronoia Member reg

Propping her trident and shield up against the side of the gate as Areyal slid her staff under it to the other side, Cera stepped back a bit to give the taller Zora space. There was no real need to slide the weapons under for her, as even with them in hand she could clear the gate without much pause at all. Normally she wouldn't have even bothered mentioning it, but not everyone was particularly athletic.

Still, she gave Areyal the benefit of the doubt and watched as she made to climb the gate. Only for her to almost immediately fall on her butt, the warrior giving a small shake of her head at the display. She didn't really buy the excuse of needing to warm up, but maybe the mage was more physically capable than she seemed thus far.

Since it gave her something to do, Cera joined in on the warm up. Rather than stretching in preparation of a climb, she got herself ready for a bit of lifting. As much as she would like to give Areyal the benefit of the doubt, she was fairly certain that offer of a boost would be needed after all.

She paused in her impromptu workout as Areyal managed to reach the top, pleasantly surprised by the accomplishment. Only for the mage to come sliding back down shortly after, unable to actually clear the top of the gate. This time Areyal's excuses were met with a deadpan look that showed Cera wasn't buying it, the warrior finding the lack of fitness a bit disgraceful.

Striding over to her companion and squatting down at her feet, she offered only a few words in response. "Sure. Anyways, I'm just going to hurl you over the gate now." With that said she brought her arms out to try and tightly wrap them around the others shins, pushing up with her legs to bring herself into a standing position once more.

Using the momentum of standing up, Cera shifted her grip to cup her hands under Areyal's feet and throw her arms and the other Zora up over her head. The gap between the ceiling and gate was pretty generous, so the more physically inclined Zora was confident in her aim. As she retrieved her weapons and began to scale the gate herself, a thought came to mind.

"Try not to land on your head!" She called out as her only offering of advice. As long as the mage didn't flail about too much, she should be fine regardless. A ten foot drop wasn't that bad, after all.
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
  11. Magnere

Magnere Momentai vet

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-6426-3927
    Before Areyal had a moment to say a single word, she was immediately tossed straight over the gate. All of her eyes widened immensely at the force that she was thrown. At the warning, she quickly turned around and landed on her back. A bit of a bruise, but nothing too bad. However, given that Areyal was not used to pain, she was definitely over reacting.

"Ouch! Oh goddesses... That hurt!" A sad expression spread across her face as she finally climbed to her feet, gently rubbing her upper back where she landed. Well, at least she had made it past the gate. Perhaps they could be a little more gentle next time they throw them.... Wait. She threw her?

Immediately Areyal's eyes widened once more as she ran over to Cera, forgetting about her 'immense pain.' "Oh goddesses! That was cool! How in the world are you able to throw me like that? You're so strong!" Areyal giggled a little bit, blushing as her upper two eyes 'subtly' began looking her up and down. And by subtle, not at all subtly.

"Was it some kind of magic? Some magical item? How did you do it!?" She was getting more and more confused as time went on, and more and more intrigued as well. "Or are you just naturally that strong? Can I feel your muscles? Actually, that would be weird, never mind... Would it? No no. Forget I asked. Asked what? Exactly. I asked nothing." Even still, aall four of her eyes were drifting towards Cera's arms as Areyal retrieved her staff.

The room they ended up in was a small hallway, leading into what appeared to be a much larger room. The only thing really noticeable from the other end of the hall was the sound of moving water, almost like a waterfall. Not that Areyal even noticed, of course.
  12. Xeronoia

Xeronoia Member reg

For a moment, Cera was concerned that Areyal had actually been hurt from the landing. Only for the hammer-head to quickly forget about her supposed injury, practically assaulting the warrior with more rambling. Blinking her black eyes in slight bewilderment at the barrage, she managed to follow what was being said enough to both be flattered and dismayed at the mage's lack of fitness knowledge.

Was it really that impressive a feat? Cera knew the average person couldn't do it, but as far as she was concerned that was because they didn't build up their strength and learn the proper techniques. Following the right form and undergoing routine exercise was something anybody could do, after all.

Yet the way Areyal was eyeing her gave her the impression the mage had never seen a particularly fit person before. Especially given her guesses ranged from magic to natural strength but never touched upon simple exercise. Deciding to poke fun at her a little bit, Cera gave a laugh before responding.

"Oh yeah, it's totally magic. Muscle Magic, I call it. Instead of chanting or wands or whatever, I exercise every day. And instead of using magic energy, it's fueled by eating a lot." She flexed an arm, and cast a meaningful glance towards Areyal's own. With a more genuine tone, she continued. "Really though, anybody can do it. Just exercise routinely, eat plenty, and your body will get stronger over time."

Turning her attention to the sounds of flowing water, Cera tilted her head in surprise. She had thought this would simply be one big cave system with a bunch of monsters roaming about. As they approached the end of the hall and the larger room, the urge to mess with Areyal struck her again.

Glancing at the mage out of the corner of one of her solid black eyes, she added a cheery sounding offer. "No reason to just stare like that, I don't mind if you cop a feel." She actually didn't mind, perfectly empathizing with the desire to poke at someone's impressive muscles, but it was fun to tease all the same.
  13. Magnere

Magnere Momentai vet

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-6426-3927
    Muscle magic? Pfft. She couldn't pull the wool of Areyal's eyes. She lost herself in thought with her internal rambling, blinking a little bit as her brain worked on overtime.

She knew all the different types of magic. Fire, Ice, all the other elemental ones... Holy magic and dark magic too. Enchantments and illusion magic were interesting, but she didn't really know too many yet. Most of her spells were very offensive in nature, but that was more coincidental than any actual intention to get offensive spells. Umm, what else was there... Oh!.. Wait no she already thought of enchantments. She frowned a bit, staring off into space as she heard Cera speak again.

Snapping back into reality, she quickly looked over at the. She didn't even hear what she said, but Areyal didn't mind too much. Instead, her concentration quickly switched to the room past Cera. Giggling softly, she quickly ran over towards the doorway to get a better look at the room.

The room was a huge open chamber, with immaculately carved round walls. Most prominently, A giant staircase in the middle of the room led up to another floor in the chamber. Tilting her head to the side, she could easily see that the staircase was balanced on a marble pillar, sticking straight up from a large pool of water. Of course, it looked rather rundown too. The stairs had bits that had fallen out, and the many pillars around the room that suspended the second floor had seen better days.

Regardless, Areyal was still in awe. All of her eyes immensely wide as she scrambled into the room to get a better look. "Wow! This place is beautiful! Why was this place ever abandoned? It's like a Zora's paradise!" She laughed excitedly, spinning around on her feet. "Well... besides monster infestation, I suppose. But it sure is pretty!"
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
  14. Xeronoia

Xeronoia Member reg

Cera tilted her head as Areyal gave a quiet giggle and moved on to the room in front of them, both a little amused and bemused by the reaction. Given her frazzled backpedaling earlier, maybe she was shy about physical contact? Except she hadn't had any problem with a handshake or being helped over the gate.

Putting the puzzling mage's unpredictable behavior out of mind, she followed suit in turning her attention to the impressively large chamber. Sweeping her gaze across the room intently, the warrior was more focused on locating anything dangerous than appreciating the architecture. With how much open space there was all around them, Cera could easily imagine something trying to get the drop on them from too far away to notice in time.

Making sure to keep an eye on the delighted Areyal, she began to ascend the staircase. Bits of stone flaked off the corners of the steps as she went, but fortunately none seemed so worn and ancient as to crumble entirely. Reaching the top without any sign of dangerous monsters, Cera peered at the door before her.

Chains with links bigger than her head were drawn tightly across it, held in place by a massive black lock. Staring at the door with a skeptical look, she didn't bother to check if the chains or locks could be fussed with. If somebody went that overkill on closing up a door, she was fairly sure it wasn't going to be easily bypassed without the key.

Glancing back behind her, she spotted several other doors on each 'side' of the round chamber, but each was walled or fenced off from the others. Cera looked over the doors thoughtfully, trying to determine just how one was supposed to reach them. Maybe the locked door circled around, but then why would you want a door to nothing?

Sure, she could easily climb across, but that didn't seem like the intended design. After pondering the odd layout for a moment, Cera shook her head and gave up. Turning her attention back to Areyal with a shrug, she spoke. "Probably abandoned it for being a pain to get around in. Anyways, the fenced off parts is no problem. The others, I can climb across but I'm not sure about you. Maybe give you a piggy-back ride?"

Cera paused, once more finding a chance to tease the mage. Curious as to what reaction Areyal might have this time, she added in a faux-realization. "Oh, you'd have to touch my muscles for that, though."
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
  15. Magnere

Magnere Momentai vet

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-6426-3927
    Piggy-back ride? No thanks. Of course, she giggled at the thought. That would just be silly. The smaller Zora carrying her around? No need for that. Sure, she was a strong little gal. But it wasn't needed. "I'll find a way around. The place couldn't have changed that much over the years, did it? I honestly expect nothing but chuchus around here."

Glancing around, she slowly began to walk. Without a second's hesitation, she stepped on the bottom step of the stairs. It seemed safe enough. Stomping with her other foot just for good measure, she began to carefully climb the stairs. Taking in the absolute awe and majesty of the place. The second floor looked just as abandoned as the first, but who knew what else lurked in this place? Intriguing!

At the very top of the stairs was a huge door, with chains and a rather large padlock holding it shut. Someone clearly didn't want anyone to go in there... or something to come out. Areyal just laughed at the thought. She knew the place was apparently monster infested, but some ancient evil locked away deep at the bottom of Lake Hylia, sounded like it came right out of a book of fiction.

"I doubt we'd be able to get through there unless we get some kind of key." Areyal said, glancing back down the stairs at Cera. "Oooh, perhaps there is some treasure back there!" Her eyes widened at the thought. Oooh... Shiny gold and silver? Definitely would be a beautiful sight.

Forcing herself to ignore the thought of treasure for now, she kept walking. Slowly making her way around the upper floor. While most of the sections seemed to be blocked off, there was one doorway that was still accessible on the upper right side of the room. Without even thinking to wait for Cera, she opened up the door.

Inside, was perhaps the strangest sight she had ever seen. It was like this giant chuchu was blocking the pathway! But instead, it definitely wasn't a chuchu at all... or was it? There was some gross green insect inside of it... Nasty! The moment she opened the door, it swam towards her in the giant slime bubble, but seemed reluctant to leave it at all. The bubble was too big to fit out the doorway, and they were both at an impasse.

Of course however, seeing the utterly gross and disgusting bug, she screamed.
  16. Xeronoia

Xeronoia Member reg

The mage giggling and deeming the offer unnecessary was, once more, not what Cera had expected. Areyal really was a puzzling person, at least as far as Cera was concerned. Seeing no reason to rush through the dungeon just yet, she let Areyal take her time 'gawking' at the ruins.

Even though she wasn't in a hurry and found her companion entertaining, simply standing around while Areyal looked around quickly lost any appeal it might have. Keeping one eye and ear on the mage, Cera lightly tossed her trident from hand to hand. Nodding along to Areyal's comments, only half-paying attention, the warrior added little twirls and spins to her trident tossing.

A sudden scream snapped Cera's distracted focus back to her companion, nearly fumbling a toss in the process. Frantically bouncing her trident about in her grip for a moment, she gave a relieved sigh as she managed to get a solid hold on it and avoid hurling it over the staircase. Weapons at the ready, the warrior charged over to where the taller Zora stood before a doorway.

Only to falter for a moment, as she realized Areyal was just sort of standing there screaming at a big blob and a strange bug on the other side of the door. Neither of which seemed to be capable, or at least not willing, of passing through to actually reach her. Reminding herself that she had no idea what it might be capable of, she steeled herself for combat all the same.

"Move!" Cera shouted the one word command, moving to put herself between the monster duo and Areyal. Shield held high, intending to protect the mage more than herself should it attack, she thrust out with her trident to try and stab at the bug-creature within the blob. The bug floundered about in the blob, avoiding the prongs of the trident by swimming over them, and... Started taunting her?
  17. Magnere

Magnere Momentai vet

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-6426-3927
    Areyal was definitely breathing heavy, leaning on her staff as she moved out of the way. What in all of hyrule was that disgusting nightmare of an insect? Living inside a giant blob of jelly? Gross! She shivered in disgust at the thought once again, even though she tried so hard not to look over at the doorway.

However, a few seconds later she glanced back, only to realize that her trident had been avoided completely. It just seemed to swim around her weapon, and began to practically taunt Cera! Oh that just wouldn't do! Sure, Cera missed, but it was doubtful that... disgusting, vile vermin would even be able to harm them! It was stuck on the other side of the doorway, and it was definitely not likely to leave it's bubble of protection.

"Well... we're stuck then? No way in there, I bet. At least... not without going past that... thing." She tore her eyes away. the gross little legs wriggling around in the bubble nearly made her want to vomit up her lunch. One hundred percent disgusting. Hopefully there wasn't any more of them in here...

However, Areyal hadn't quite given up yet. This thing deserved to die. Whatever it was, she wasn't going to let it freak her out any longer. Without any warning, she yelled in fear, and in anger, as she smacked her glowing blue staff against the bubble. Her magically enchanted staff let out a burst of chilling wind against the bubble practically freezing a good portion of it solid.

Unfortunately, the gross bug inside was still alive. On the other hand, he was completely immobilized within the frozen half of the bubble. "Now! Stab the sucker! Get him while he can't move!"