It's Terrifying What A Smile Can Hide [Kiru + Electronic Ink]

Discussion in 'Southern Hyrule' started by Kiru, Aug 20, 2016.

1. Kiru

Kiru New Member new

The trees were still, and so was the grass. Not a single sound could be heard in the eerie silence of the forest, until the small Purple dressed Kokiri girl walked through. She wore a purple hat to match the violet coat that hung down her body, ending with lavender colored boots. She had white hair, and an unsettling pair of crimson eyes. This girl broke the silence, as her fingers and lips were wrapped tightly around a small ocarina. The tune she played sounded rather sad, but her facial expression conveyed a sign of happiness as she played it to herself.

The tune stopped abruptly, and she stood still for a moment, lowering the instrument from her mouth. She stared up at the roof of the canopy, the dark leaves almost blocking all sunlight. "Ohh today was rather productive. I've created some more Stalfos friends." She giggled to herself. It was already evident that this Kokiri was different. Just by the tone of her voice, and physical appearance, people would be able to tell she was much different from others of her kind. "When people wander too far into the woods, I'm always there to help them find their way again." She said to the empty air again. "The lucky ones get turned into Stalfos... But the others are forever lost in the depths of my wood." She giggled again...
  2. Electronic Ink

Electronic Ink local zora vet

Maybe it was the noise that caught the attention of the fairy. Maybe it was the general aura that seemed to pour off the twisted Kokiri in rivulets of vindictiveness. Maybe it was just that instinct that drew fairies to Kokiri in general. Whatever the cause, an attentive forest-goer might notice a bizarre pink light knocking into several trees and shrubs on its way towards the young white-haired girl.

Alice couldn't have told you why she was attracted to such potential 'world breakers' as Eve and Alice were; perhaps it was a like for their demented attitude, or even a sense of dependence on powerful individuals to look after her, rather than her looking after them like was intended. In her more lucid moments, she wondered why the Deku Tree hadn't called her back, or even simply squashed her already. Someone like Alice probably should not be allowed to wander loose like she did. Often, those who were trying to get her attention found themselves nursing burns from an accidental bolt of her magic.

The fairy bumped hard into the back of Cyn's hat- had she even seen it?- and squeaked in shock as her flail swung around and looped around her. Wings incapacitated, she dropped to the ground with a yelp of shock.
  3. Kiru

Kiru New Member new

Cyn had been silenty staring upwards at the canopy of thick tree leaves above her. A smile across her face as her mind was lost in thought. However, that thought was suddenly broken when the feeling of a much smaller object bumped into the back of Cyn's hat. The sensation was quick, and was followed by the familiar Yelp of a fairy! Curious, Cyn turned around to witness the source of the disturbance. Her smile had faded into a concerned stare at the poor pink fairy, seemingly incapacitated on the forest floor.

"Oh, hello there. You should watch where you're flying little one." She told the fairy in an unusual kind tone, before kneeling down to get a better look at the Sprite. She sensed something odd about this fairy. She seemed different from the many others the Kokiri had encountered before. Of course, she was alone as well. Very rare among fairies. Cyn did not sense the presence of another Kokiri around this one. She couldn't help but wonder what was so different about Alice. It motivated her enough not to simply ignore the small creature. "Here, let me help you." Cyn said, unraveling the flail around the fairie's wings. She peered at the fairy with her crimson eyes, eager with interest. "What's your name?"
  4. Electronic Ink

Alice squinted her tiny eyes through her own spluttering glow to focus on Cyn. Freed from the flail, she made to fly upwards but just ended up buzzing in a circle on the ground. Why was she still on the ground, she wondered briefly.
    Oh, the person had asked her something! Her name? Name. Right. Uh...name. It wasn't Eve, which was the first name to dredge its way through the pandemonium of her thoughts. She was pretty sure that was someone else's name. That didn't belong to her. She giggled. What would happen if she took it?

But she shoved her way through more gloopy mind-chaos to look for her own name. Eve was a special name and she couldn't have it. Then she found a second name that looked quite promising. Alice. Sounded about right to the struggling fairy, and she tilted her head.
    "Insipid asinity of lost pebbles says don't forget the philosophy of apricots," she said sagely. Wait, that wasn't right. She hadn't added her name in that sentence anywhere. "Sometimes mannekins dream of rotating loam and hope that mango roots aren't yellow."

Dammit, she'd forgotten her name in that one, too! This was frustrating! Finally she just gave up and blurted "ALICE!" at the girl in front of her. There. That worked.
  5. Kiru

Kiru New Member new

Cyn arched an eyebrow at the odd fairie's response. Clearly she had a few screws loose. But that only intrigued the Kokiri even more. Her kind smile turned into a dark grin... This was going to be fun!

"Well Alice, pleasure to make your acquaintance! I am Cyn." She told the pink girl in response, pointing to herself. She tilted her head. "Tell me, where is your Kokiri partner? Aren't all Kokiri supposed to be accompanied by their fairy companion?" She asked, ignoring the fact that the she lacked a fairy of her own, and always did. She cupped her hands under the fairy, and raised her up while standing, so they could be eye level... Her look was also very odd. From what Cyn could see through the bright pink glow, she wore tattered rags, and had a thistle like weapon. Very interesting.

"Did your friend abandon you? Or did you get lost?" It had to be one of those. After all, any Kokiri that Cyn had killed was with their partners as well, so Alice couldn't have been a victim of Cyn's. Even so, dark thoughts began to formulate in the girl's mind... As possibilities began to present themselves to her...
  6. Electronic Ink

The sickly-shaded nymph frowned. Cyn, eh? Not Eve. So this wasn’t the Kokiri she was looking for. They felt so similar though! She tilted her head. Not quite, actually. Cyn’s magic didn’t seem as face-smashingly strong as her old charge’s. Still. Like-minded individuals tended to seek eachother out. If she followed Cyn around, maybe she could find Eve again. As long as she didn’t find herself jammed in a jar again. She shuddered in distaste.

Oh. Whoops, the Kokiri had asked her something. Whoopsadaisy. How had she been separated from Eve? Her tiny brow furrowed, antennae twitching in thoughtfulness. That was a very good question. “Hmmmmm.” she hummed while thinking. Which took a while. It was almost a full minute before she realised she was still humming and hadn’t come up with an answer. Should she sidestep the question? “Funnel fruits into elephantine cornucopias spouting poetic laundry,” she tried. That was probably a poor attempt. Truth, then! “Perhaps diminutive ladybeetles are not knowing of their bewildering assembly,”

Eh, that was close enough. Sort of. She huffed. Other people were so stupid! No matter what Alice said she was always met with bizarre, raised eyebrows and looks of confusion. It made her wonder if she had accidentally slipped into flora-language again, but the flora never responded when she tried flora-language anyway. The fairy’s wings buzzed. It was a hard life when nobody understood what you were saying.
  7. Kiru

Kiru New Member new

Cyn's facial expression stayed the same. By now it was plainly obvious that Alice wasn't a normal fairy... And this was entertaining for the Kokiri. Cyn simply giggled at Alice's response, not seeming annoyed anymore. "Well Alice, it seems that you got separated... Forgotten even?" She asked... Closing her eyes, Cyn's dark aura would expand slightly, sending a cold sensation around the two. She opened them again, the darkness glinted in her ominous smile.

"I'm not a normal Kokiri either... Like you I was casted out and forgotten by my companions..." She giggled an scary laugh before tilting her head at Alice. "Why oh why still eludes me... Maybe they're lost... They have not seen the things I have seen.... Felt the sensations I have felt..." She stopped suddenly. A grin formed across her face. "Ohhh... I was just thinking the same thing!" She turned her eyes back to Alice from the dark woods. "Maybe it was destiny that brought us together... So Alice, how about it? Do you want to stick with me? I can show you all sorts of things!"

She giggled again. "I'm the only friend you'll need..."
  8. Electronic Ink

Alice's tattered wings fluttered with interest. Now here was a feeling she hadn't expected. Intrigue. But had Cyn just said she was forgotten? Alice hadn't been forgotten! Eve wouldn't forget her! How dare Cyn suggest that! The outraged fairy puffed a few times before promptly forgetting what she had been mad about.

She knew Cyn was no normal Kokiri. If the deep violet of her clothes- so opposite to the Kokiri's general green- hadn't tipped her off, those red eyes and the pale hair would have done the trick. "Lost they be, tiny orange lambs of the eclipsed naginata band," she nodded in agreement. "Small trinkets never understand the leather-bound medallions of those with the strings on their faces,"
    She shivered under Cyn's aura; she'd always disliked that sense of dark magic around her, if only for the poor reaction with her own fairy magic. She felt like tiny sparks were pinging off her milky skin. She could definitely agree with people seeing what she had seen. She had still yet to be convinced that an enormous, winged Dodongo with golden eyes had never come to torment her in her jar, or that those spiders and beetles had never found their way through the corked glass.

Her tiny jaw dropped at Cyn's offer. Stick with the Kokiri? Have a Kokiri partner again, after so long? Part of her grew excited at the thought, her heart quickening. That was what she had been called for! She remembered vaguely, so long ago, her own words. I wasn't very busy mister tree, if you want my help I can do what you ask. In her less charitable moments, she had deemed those words her damnation, the sole reason everything scrambled so much now. It was as if that sweet scent the Deku Tree had emitted all those centuries ago had worked its way into her brain, twisting it around and messing Alice around more than she could bear. For so long, she had given up her life to look after the sickly-looking Eve. So long that she had forgotten anything else. How long had she spent buzzing around trying to find Eve? Could this be a new start for the fairy? She looked right into Cyn's eyes, at all that burning mischief and suppressed vengeance and pinpoint hatred, and liked what she saw. For the first time in centuries, Alice knew exactly what she wanted to say.

"Yes."
  9. Kiru

Kiru New Member new

Cyn stared intently at the tiny fairy in her hands as she stared back at her. She could tell what she was thinking... But the uneasiness of her hesitation, and the slight shudder Cyn took note of. Perhaps this was the reason why the Kokiri was always so alone? Had her darkness driven off all the fairies? That could have been the reason now, but that never explained why she never received a fairy companion before... Before that day so many years ago... Before everything got all twisted and shaded. Before Cyn fell into the endless void of corruption and darkness... However her darkened thoughts did not stay for long, Alice had given the Kokiri her answer.

Her eyes lit up and so did her face. "Ohhh! Splendid! Together... We can become the best of friends!" Cyn giggled excitedly. So this is what it felt like... Cyn had finally found a fairy companion. After so long of being alone with no one but her mind... She finally had a friend to share her mischief with... And she was planning to do exactly that! With this fairy, together they could cause so much chaos. Glorious, wonderful chaos!

"Together, we will make the Great Deku Tree regret abandoning us..."
  10. Electronic Ink

Alice was delighted at the concept. Friends! She'd had... 'minor' difficulties with the other fairies, especially after Eve became known as quite the barbarian, and 'friends' were something she hadn't even bothered to think about for a long time. She didn't think Kokiri and their fairy partners were supposed to be 'friends'; were they? She had to admit, her knowledge of the subject was oddly negligible, as a guardian fairy herself. Or ex-guardian fairy. Or...newly reinstated guardian fairy?

She fluttered her wings, rising lopsidedly off of Cyn's hands and wobbling upwards.
    "Big eco tree not like leaving aphids to suffocate in poppet stuffing," she nodded in agreement. "Big eco tree silly for entering airborne intentions to complicate river fun,"
    She'd just have to hope she'd surmount the language barrier. Most of what Cyn said made sense to her, but it looked a little like it wasn't working the other way around as well as she'd hoped. The fairy buzzed noisily upwards to hover by Cyn's head, and it was a familiar place to be even if this wasn't the curled hair of her once-charge. Starting to lose balance, the shaking orb instead alit on the round hat of her new 'friend'. It was a rather interesting predicament.