Yeti Walks into a Bar... (Open)

Discussion in 'Northern Hyrule' started by Electronic Ink, Mar 26, 2016.

1. Electronic Ink

Electronic Ink local zora vet

Yeteta beamed, poking the rupees back inside her cloak.
    "Boughts Scoop from Yook," she giggled. "He didsn't knows Scoop was magicky,"
  2. monkeyislandfan1

monkeyislandfan1 Aspiering pun maker and drinker of milk reg

"Ah so I assume you got a good deal nice. I got my book from Jack, someone in charge of the orphanage I lived at, I haven't needed to use it much but in still thankful that I have it."
  3. Electronic Ink

Yeteta picked up Scoop and dropped her back under her hat.
    "Hee hee!" giggled the yeti. "Magicky book is pretty. Pretty magicky book,"
  4. monkeyislandfan1

"Yeah It is a rather nice cover, I wonder if it's custom made. So do you have any interesting stories of your travels, like maybe someone you met or some adventures you've experienced?"
  5. Electronic Ink

Yeteta tilted her head.
    "I's mets a Spotty Hilyan before!" she said proudly. "He didn't know Hilyan Talk. He used magicky book to talks too!"
  6. monkeyislandfan1

"Huh I see..." Erick thought for a moment of what else to talk about for about a minute when he remembered the other day. "Oh, do you want to hear about how I managed to fight off a giant Octorok?"
  7. Electronic Ink

Yeteta tilted her head.
    "Octo-huh?" she said in confusion. "I no know what that is,"
    She waved her feet as she swayed side to side, the little charm on the end of her hat swaying happily with the movement.
  8. monkeyislandfan1

"Huh, guess not everyone knows about Octoroks, oh well just have to explaine it." Erick took another sip of water before explaining. "Well a Octorok is this squid or octopus like monster that shoots rocks at it's pray, now the regular sized ones are about as tall as my legs I think but the giant Octoroks are bigger then a house. This boat I was on encountered one on the way to Mido, thankfully I and two others managed to fight it off."
  9. Electronic Ink

Yeteta listened with round eyes.
    "Whooah," she said slowly. "Very scary. I no like monsters. You be very brave, I thinks. Brave Hilyan."
  10. monkeyislandfan1

"Yeah it was pretty brave thanks, but without the others who fought with me we wouldn't have made it and I'm forever thankful to them." Erick started to yawn. "Oh I'm sorry but it seems I'm starting to feel tired, unless you want to continue talking I'm going to go back to the hotel."
  11. Electronic Ink

Yeteta nodded sagely.
    "Okays," she smiled. "Nice meeting friend,"
    She rolled off the chair and landed neatly on her feet, fixing her hat.
    "Friendly friend!"
  12. Beefish

Beefish DODONGO DISLIKES SMOKE. new

Cowering in the corner of the bar was a large cloak. It sat upon a stool with an awkward quiver, hunched over a table. Underneath the cloak, darkened into the cloth, even the dim light did not dare to uncover the shadow of a pig-faced monster.

Griskin could barely believe he had made it into a Hyrulean Town, especially with such a crude covering. Perhaps the quickened darkness of night was what he had to thank, the ebony streets flickering with firelight could barely touch the features of his monstrous appearance. He thought that creeping into the bar would have been considerably more difficult, but no one had noticed him under the grey sheet. Well, not yet, anyway.

The Moblin's caution began to slowly melt into the background of his mind as he found himself eyeing up the nearby patrons. Ears perking at all the voices, drinking up bits and pieces of conversation, Griskin took in as much information as he could. Fascinated by the atmosphere in the bar, by the gathering of so many Hyrulean subjects, he couldn't help but let his smile show in the light of the candle at his table.

Then he spied something different. His face twitched, he had to look twice. Was that... another monster?

It must have been a monster - a kind he had never seen before. It was gruesome, and strong... and hairy - though bizarrely delicate.

...And yet nobody was bothered by it...

He stared, eyes wide, tusks peaking into the fire's revealing light. And he just kept staring in disbelief at the Yeti.
  13. monkeyislandfan1

Erick was going to get off his seat and leave when he noticed someone siting in the corner, or is it cowering? Whatever the case may be, Erick was curious and he always satisfies his curiosity. "Barkeep, I'd like another glass of water please." Erick, after placing his order, turned to Yeteta. "Hey do you see that person in the corner, wearing the cloak? I know I said that I was going to the hotel to sleep, but he got my attention and I want to say hello, if you want to join me your more then welcome to." As Erick told her this his order was ready, he paid for it and picked up both his and the strangers drink. "Shall we?"
  14. Electronic Ink

Yeteta frowned, looking at the hooded figure in the corner.
    "Huh," she said. "What is person?"
    She walked with heavy footsteps towards the figure.
    "Hellos!" she said happily. "Who's you?"
    She tried to twist her rather short neck around to see under the hood; she inadvertently poked the stranger in the face with the brim of her hat.
    'Oopsies. Sorry,"
  15. Beefish

Even with his mind fumbling in the sway of the people all around, Griskin's eyes remained fixed on the Yeti at the bar. He felt his spine awash with cold panic when she got up and started coming straight towards him - with a Hylian by her side nonetheless...

Back tense, and torso squirming into itself, he pulled down his hood, while trying (and failing) not to look at the duo advancing towards his table. All he could do now was hope they were friendly.

Huddling his portly body to himself, face shrouded by the covering of his cloak, he felt the Yeti approaching. The cold aura she emitted touched his skin even under the wrappings of grey, he shuddered.

She hailed him with a foreign slip, her voice shocked him, a jolt through his nerves made him look up at her for a moment instinctively - but he quickly darted his face towards the table again. Though he couldn't see past the edge of his hood, he could see her contorting around his veil. As he tried to evade her gaze, she prodded him with something, and apologised.

"It... It's okay." He tried not to sound too gruff, but the natural snorting and grunting of his lungs caused the sentence to come out in chesty oinks.

A battle raged within him between self-preservation and the desire for knowledge - the Yeti so confused him, it was painful. Just why was she allowed to be with people? How in Hyrule could he ask her about that without sounding suspicious?

Tugging the cloak further around himself, he stayed in the awkward place between wanting her to go away and wanting her to talk.

"I'm Griskin." He mumbled into the hood, his voice still gurgled, but lighter in tone. "Who're you?"
  16. monkeyislandfan1

Erick waited for Griskin's response to Yeteta's greeting and was pleased that he didn't respond with any anger, and was at least okay with giving his name. "Hello Griskin, I'm Erick, and this here is Yeteta, we came over here to say hello and see if you would want to talk for a bit." Erick put Griskin's water on the table."I got you some water If you want some, do you mind if we sit down?"
  17. Electronic Ink

Yeteta didn't wait for a response, plonking herself down heavily- to the protest of the wooden supports of her chair.
    "Nice to meets you, Mister Griskin," she said. "You's smell like piggies. I likes piggies. They are cute,"
    She briefly wondered at his hood. Why cover your face? Was he ugly? Yeteta knew she would cover her face if she was ugly. Maybe he was the opposite of ugly. What if he was so handsome he had to cover his face so people didn't stare? Yeteta frowned. Her definition of 'handsome' and that of a Hylian was probably very different. To her, the ideal nestmate was ten feet tall, wth thick fur, big tusks and kind eyes. She had yet to meet a Hylian who met any of those requirements. Yeteta didn't think Hylians could even grow tusks. Like her. She had tried to grow tusks once. Never managed to.

Whoops, she had gotten stuck thinking. She tilted her head and looked at 'Mister Griskin'. He seemed tall. Maybe he had fur? She doubted he had tusks though. No Hylians ever had tusks. Or Zora. Yeteta had met a Zora once. They never grew tusks. Or fur. Did Gorons? Yeteta had never met a Goron, but she doubted they grew tusks either.
  18. Beefish

Before he could even comprehend their request, Griskin saw the Yeti fall upon the chair. His worries and curiosities were split between Erick the Hylian, and Yeteta, his eyes curled in their places as his gaze darted from one soul to the other, and eventually they caught the glass of water Erick offered.

A snort of appreciation coughed through his swine nose, he dragged the glass along the table, and left it sitting under his care.

A heavy grunt thanked the stranger, and for the offering he decided to officially accept their company. "Yeah, you can sit here." he patted a stool next to his own with a vaguely green hand, which he then retracted back into the grey cape. The back of his mind squirmed with thoughts of interrogation, but his paranoia was greatly beaten by want for knowledge.

The Moblin felt the muscles of his face contract when Yeteta commented on his... pig-smell. Beady eyes round, as if to ask really? He slowly brushed a hand to his nose , oinking quietly, before the hood turned towards Yeteta.

"I can't smell it, are y'sure?"
  19. monkeyislandfan1

Erick became a bit curious when he saw Griskin's hand. "Interesting a slightly green hand, maybe a River Zora? That would explain the cloak, from what I've read and heard they aren't welcome in human villages, but I could be wrong and, as far as I've seen, this guy hasn't done anything bad yet, so why report him?"

Erick took a seat while sipping his water, "Thanks, and don't worry about the smell, it's could be something from earlier. I lived on Windfall and one time someone I know named Jack, had a bit to much to drink and couldn't get to a toilet in time, the stench lingered for a good day or two. So what brings you to Nabooru, if you don't mind me asking?"
  20. Electronic Ink

Yeteta sniffed again.
    "I dunno. I thought I smelled piggy, but I might have goofed,"
    She shuddered at the mention of this 'Jack' person. Groooosssss! That was disgusting! Even Yeteta had her limits.
    Feeling uncomfortably warm, she dug a Chill Seed from her pouch and popped it in her mouth, crunching it between fat molars. The pulse of freezing air brought a smile to her suddenly blue-tinted teeth.