A Birthday Surprise

Discussion in 'Great Sea' started by Sinistrari, Mar 29, 2016.

1. Sinistrari

Sinistrari Devious Grins & Hunter of Synonyms reg

As the time passed Datura felt herself sicken, poisoned by the turbulent currents of her own emotions. There was neither a clock at her disposal nor any intelligent creature to communicate the time with her, instead dragging the minutes by in one painful, endless grind of uncertainty and ignorance. She tried to watch the moon but its descent was too slow. Impatience was getting the better of her and put her in no mood to accurately record any form of subtle changes in shadow or light.

And a plan? She still had none. How fantastic were her morals now! Pathetically and uselessly so.

She made a mental note to herself to focus on more offensive techniques in the future, if not to use on a daily basis then to at least be there as a reserve in emergences like this one. For now though just an hour in the future was too far. The distance and anxiety its prospect fraught her with aggravated her pacing to a harder, faster speed. Her teeth ground and she almost forgot to breathe.
  2. Electronic Ink

Electronic Ink local zora vet

Remei whirled with speed to rival a miniblin.
    "Oh! Hey there," she said to the other Gerudo, careful to tone down the excitement in her voice.
    "What are you doing?" the other girl asked again, crossing her arms. Remei thought fast.
    "You know how they caught Datura, right? Well, apparently she's trying to come back into the fold, and they want her to go on a mini raid to see if she really means it. I get to go along in case she tries to betray us."
    She injected bitterness into her voice as she added "Again."
    The other girl nodded, crossing to her bed and flopping on it.
    "Oh. Sounds irritating, if you ask me. I would never go on a raid with my mum."
    "Yeah," Remei laughed, checking that she had her bag. "Wasn't really an option for me. Anyway, I'd beat be off. We leave soon. Cover of night and all,"
    She let out a discreet huff of relief as the other girl let her leave with no protest. Close one, kiddo. Now. Food.
    She walked to the storehouse, picking through haphazardly arranged chests until she found a leather pouch stuffed with salted meat. Remei attempted to shove it in her bag; it wouldn't fit, so she undid the belt and looped it through the handle of the pouch. She did the same with a second pouch, and as an afterthought stole a pear and munched on it as she wandered back towards the prison. She cast a cursory glance at the harbour; surely she could steal a boat easily.
  3. Sinistrari

The sound of a familiar tread jolted Datura from the poisonous depths of her own fretful imagination. Wide eyes soon narrowed into hard, acute slits of gold. Every curl on her face stiffened with rigid composure.

Sister.” She almost hissed, the pressure of forcing the address through gritted teeth taking its toll on both her jawbone and the tone of her voice. Her muscles tensed, her back straightening with pride, as she watched the shadows shift into coloured contours. Datura feared the worst and in its own way it showed, each heightened pound of her heart rooting her firmly to the spot. Countless sharp, intrusive memories of torture had sapped all the warmth out of her expression. She nearly spat in her face.

“It’s been a while, Datura. Life’s been treating you well I see.” The smug woman prodded and teased. With a huff of a laugh she came to a halt before the cell bars – just out of reach – and folded her arms. “I thought I should drop by and say hi while you’re still in one piece.”

“How generous of you.” Datura sneered, glaring the younger woman down and taunting her with flashes of her eyes to come just a little bit closer.

“I know I know.” The Gerudo pirate sighed, smoothing back a stray lock of hair with a smile that was supposed to be warming and sweet. “I do try.”

Datura resisted the urge to vomit and forcefully broke eye contact, unable to continue looking at the supposed relation without doing something stupid. Caged victim or not, it wouldn’t do her any good losing her anger. In fact it’d give the sister immense joy and satisfaction to watch. Swallow it back. Cool your head. Don’t make her happy. She focused on returning her breathing to its normal rhythms though the efforts were momentarily jarred by the visitor’s mocking laugh.

“Oh dear dearest Datura, why did you come back? It’s such a pleasure to see you again but something tells me you won’t enjoy your stay here.”
  4. Electronic Ink

Remei went to enter the prison and froze when she heard voices. Wait, her aunt was down there? Thinking quickly, Remei threw her bag up onto the roof and strode into the prison without it.
    "Hello," she said warmly to her aunt, leaning against her 'peacefully'. "I guess you're here for the same reason I am?"
    She was almost certainly not here for the same reason as Remei, but a little bluff never hurt anyone. Remei looked at Datura in the cage.
    "You really do look quite pitiful like that," she said boredly. "Like a mutt. Animal in the cage. Fitting,"
    She laughed coldly, silently wishing that Datura wouldn't actually fall for her bluff.
  5. Sinistrari

The venom on her tongue drained away into nothing but lips parted around empty, silent air at the reappearance of her daughter. The child’s words stung, even if perhaps she didn’t mean them. Yet if anyone should be able to see right through an act, it would be me. It’s a harsh punishment in itself that I can’t even read my own child though… She’s grown so much it hurts.

As many insults and retorts that came to mind, Datura simply bit her tongue and smiled: small and delicate, like a dog long so used to the beating it was developing Stockholm syndrome. Her golden eyes drifted, crinkling with a deepened, lopsided curl of her lips as her attention returned to her ‘sister’. “I’m touched by your visits but I’m afraid I can’t offer much amusement. You’re more than welcome to stand and stare to your hearts content though.”

“I know.” The sister scoffed. “I wasn’t expecting much. Right, kid?” She leered down at Remei with all the warmth a rotten heart like hers could muster. You never could expect much from monsters but that didn’t make Datura want to break her neck any less.

“Well, I’m not going to give you the pleasure of my company any longer! I’ve got to make sure that your punishment sinks in well and proper after all.” She continued. “Tame you like the treacherous animal you are.”

“Of course.” Datura replied through gritted teeth.

Without another snide remark, the relative turned and left. She hesitated at the doorway, eyes drifting back towards the young girl but after a short while laughed to herself and thought it better to leave her there: the more pain she could cause Datura, the better. Their reunion for the first time in years would be far from a sweet one and she knew it.

“Did you do what you wanted to?” The mother finally spoke, soft and low despite her sister having left minutes ago now. Uncertainty on where her child’s heart truly lay still lurked in her impatient stare but she tried her best to smother it with a bigger smile.
  6. Electronic Ink

Remei kept the vindictive smile on her face until she was sure her aunt was really gone. Her face dropped immediately back into a neutral expression.
    "Yes, I did," she said, pacing back and forth trying to figure out how to word this next part. There was still a sick fear in her gut; was it really so unthinkably unbelievable that Datura could leave her behind a second time when she got the chance? What if something went wrong? And Remei was left to be punished for an attempted escape while Datura merrily sailed out onto the ocean? Gah, this was so confusing. Right now she was shelving all the anger she'd held for years, behind her mind grabbing for the hope that had been her companion through most of her childhood. Hoping that she would leave here. She had heard wonderful things about the Hyrulean Tantari Desert; maybe she could fall in with the Gerudo there if Datura didn't want her. Or if she didn't want Datura. Remei still wasn't sure what she thought.
    "I'm going to give you one chance to make it up with me. I've packed all my stuff into a bag and it's currently on the roof. I want you to recreate your escape- but this time with me!"
  7. Sinistrari

A breathless grin illuminated Datura’s face.

Without needing another word she replied instead with actions; her red hair gushing down her shoulders before her hands smoothly reached through the bars to secure the huge padlock. A few glints of her hairpin later and the experienced twists of her wrists had freed her. Hushed by a gentle, expectant hold the chains pooled slowly on the floor and the cell door creaked open. She was free, as easy as that.

“You don’t know how long I’ve waited for you to say that.” The Gerudo beamed. Without warning she clasped the little girl in an embrace too tight and too eager. Half of it was to feed the desires of her long-abused heart, the rest to hastily hide the tell-tale glints of tears in her eyes. Stupid, useless pride.

“We exit silently.” Datura whispered into Remei’s ear. “We stand no chance by ourselves if we’re caught.”

She drew back and squeezed the girl’s shoulders, fixing her with a damp stare that both marvelled at how tall she’d grown and yet feared how small and fragile she still was - all her protective instincts piquing. To ask her to take out the guard was out of the question. The very least she could do for her daughter was to show her that she was that she could care and protect when given the chance.

Swift and muted, Datura swooped around the corner and her heel connected hard with the side of the moblin’s head. He was out cold before his unconscious, reeking body tumbled into her catch. It was harder to drag his weight into the darkest, most hidden corner of the prison than it had been to silence him.

“I’m guessing they’ve changed their routines since the last time I was here.” The mother sighed, heaving one last tug before rising back to her own feet. “Do you think you know the patrols well enough to get us out of here unnoticed?” Her expression was a grim one, ashamed to have to ask such a massive request but knowing well that she had no other choice.
  8. Electronic Ink

Remei rubbed her arms where Datura had squeezed them, looking at the Moblin on the ground.
    "They shouldn't change for another..." she glanced out the window at the sky, "twenty minutes, half an hour. Somewhere around there,"
    She knelt next to the guard, prodding the brand-new sore on its head. "That was a really good kick," she added in surprise. "I thought you were all no-harm-to-living-creatures, all that pacifistic crap,"
    She pulled the spear out of the guard's grip.
    "Here. Take this. You'll look noticeable without a weapon. And..."
    Making a face, she ripped off part of the monster's loincloth, wincing at the feel of the fabric, and suppressed a slightly savage grin. "Use this as a headscarf."
    Yeah, sure. That was gross, and Remei would never let that thing so much as brush against her hair. But hey. Payback was payback, even if it came in tiny, insignificant doses.

The Gerudo girl peered out around the corner.
    "Okay. We have to take that exit there, because my bag is on the roof. From there I can provide distraction if you need me to, while you sneak down to the harbour."
    She spoke with the rough authority of a pirate, the glee of an exciting plan spilling over into her voice.
  9. Sinistrari

"Within reason." Datura sighed in reply, grateful that her disappointment in the situation for cornering her into such actions outweighed the tingle of pride. The strike had indeed been executed beautifully: especially for a rusty girl like herself. Yet the glint of respect in her daughter's voice struggled only a faint smile across the Gerudo's lips, uncertain whether it was the sort of praise she should encourage.

"You can't always fight fire with water. Unfortunately violence is sometimes necessary - but don't tell anyone I said that." It was a weak attempt at a joke and Datura acknowledged it with an embarrassed smirk.

The vile scrap of cloth that was then passed into her pinched, reluctant grasp choked a small, nervous laugh from her lips, "A headscarf? Won't that look even more suspicious?" She laughed more, then less, then nearly cried a bit as it drowned out into a barely restrained whimper. Her vanity was devastated at simply clasping the thing with her nails let alone-...let alone...UGH. Her nostrils flared no longer able to hold her breath. She paled and cringed and almost 'accidentally' dropped the scrap on the floor.

That look though...That sly, evil little girl! This is part of your revenge, isn't it?

Datura gritted her teeth and with a pain that she would've preferred to be physical rather than mental, tied the reeking, piss-drenched THING around her head. It was going to stain. Really bad. She could already feel the warm damp sinking into her scalp!

The mother openly gagged and had to take a moment for herself and her woes in the dark corner. Get a grip, woman. Endure it. For your little girl, deal with it. If she wants you to wear a shit rag on your head then you just do it. What? You can offer up your life but not your pride? Stinging tears gleamed in the corner of her eyes. She nodded meekly. Yes actually, death would be more merciful.

Anyway, they were meant to be escaping a possible life and death situation here.

Pulling herself together she pasted a much more composed, rigid expression on her face and leaned out the doorway. Twenty minutes may sound a lot in theory but it wouldn't take much for that time to run out if they ran into too many obstacles. One could only pray that the Goddesses were on their side today.

After a small nod at Remei, Datura passed her by and furtively sneaked down the corridor to a junction. With hand signals she motioned for her girl to follow, assigning her to the opposite wall. "One side each." The mother commanded in a whisper. "If I look forward you look back. If I look left you look right. We never know what's going to come around the corner so always expect the worst."

After a painfully long minute of nothing but the echoes of footsteps and distant gurgling laughter, Datura took the plunge and moved them onwards.
  10. Electronic Ink

Remei gave a little snicker at the look of absolute, pure, unadulterated disgust on her mother's face. Din, she wished he had a pictograph box just to capture that moment. With a little snicker, Remei kicked the Moblin and strode past it. Sure, the headscarf had absolutely no disguise value. But it was funny!

Remei crossed to an alcove in the wall where guards put belongings and burrowed through to see if there was anything useful. No? Bugger. She walked across to the entrance, checking Datura was following, crossing into gloomy sunlight. Looking up, Remei leaped at a wall and kicked off it, pointed slippers slamming into the walls twice before she reached the roof and snatched her bags down. She dropped back to stand in front of Datura, with a slight look on her face that said you saw that, right? Tell me you saw that. She strolled towards the harbour.

"Well? What now, miss escape artist?"
  11. Sinistrari

What a show-off. Datura laughed to herself, the brilliant pride let loose across her face at Remei's acrobatic display. But I wouldn't have it any other way. Trying her best not to swell Remei with too much praise, the mother pursed her lips and looked the other way: mostly pretending to just survey their surroundings for any threats. There was only so much petting she could allow under the torture of having this atrocity wrapped around her head. She could spite too!

"It seems Din is watching. Either we're extremely lucky or we're about to be ambushed big time. The coast is deserted."

Indeed it was almost too good to be true. For a bunch of pirates and monsters they were being awfully lax with the security of their home base. The open plain of dirt and stone that led directly to the contained harbour contained only the odd scurrying rat. Even the searchlights were on holiday, just a scarce few lazily gliding over the fortress, paying little care or attention.

Perhaps they've just caught a big one. Datura pondered to herself, her scrutinising glare narrowing under the pressure of the decision laid before her. They might all just be partying somewhere. For the whole place to go into hiding to catch me seems a little over the top. But they're a vengeful, sadistic lot...

Gradual and hesitant, the Gerudo paced down with her back pressed against the cold wall all the while. The area stretched wider and wider as she progressed but instead of making a mad dash for it she halted at a bunch of wooden barrels. The majority were full of either ale or loot but at least three of them felt reasonably light. Picking her favourite, Datura yanked off its lid and gently rolled the whole container over: scraps of gold and gleaming jewels spilling across the floor in light chimes. She pocketed a few - for the sake of hiding evidence of course - pressing them between her breasts and in her garters before turning an expectant look on Remei.

"Do the same." She whispered in command.

Scarcely a moment later Datura heaved up the barrel and pulled it down over her head. It made for an uncomfortable crouch that would surely leave her with countless aches and complaining joints later, but it was the safest option available to them.

With her heart in her throat, the Gerudo made a steady crawl towards the smallest, most agile vessel available.
  12. Electronic Ink

Remei huffed unhappily at the lack of praise, tightening the bag strap fussily. As her mother started investigating barrels she watched in confusion. What was she doing? With a popping sound, the lid came off and Datura was shoving a gem in between her breasts. Sounds about right, Remei muttered mentally. And then, to her shock, Datura suddenly lifted the barrel over herself after a quick command for Remei to copy her. The Gerudo girl stared for a few seconds.
    "In what alien world is that inconspicuous?" she demanded, tapping her fist on the tops of the other barrels. Liquid, liquid, something rattly, and...Remei popped open a barrel to find it full of rocks.
    "What the hell? Who puts rocks in a barrel?"
    She unceremoniously dumped the barrel over, spilling rocks like a torrent of edges and chips, coming to rest with a clatter. Remei snatched up several of the abandoned trinkets from Datura's barrel; she cussed internally when she couldn't get the gem to stay between her breasts. Dammit, puberty, work faster. She ended up sticking the gems in her waistband and in the tightened cords holding her harem pants at the bottom. Then she hefted the barrel, almost tipping herself over backwards in the process, and managed to somehow flip it over herself. Remei pressed her face against the side so she could see through the slats.
    "Smart one, dumb one," she said crossly. "What do we do now? We're barrels on legs. I've never seen something more innocent and regular."
    She was conscious of the scraping noise her scimitars and glaive made if she moved too much; it was a Din-damned miracle that they fit in the barrel at all. The glaive stuck out the bottom a bit, but a quick angle shift solved that problem.

Remei looked around outside the barrel. It was definitely suspicious, how everyone had vanished...She didn't like it one bit. Never, ever had she seen a part of the fortress so empty of life.
  13. Sinistrari

"I wear the piss rag, you put the barrel on your head: no questions asked." Datura snickered through the muffle of her own barrel. It hadn't meant to be any form of spite or personal, childish revenge but the similarity between the two requests - or rather commands - amused her. In the strangest of ways they were somewhat similar as mother and daughter after all.

The child's weapons were a problem though.

As far as her thoughts may have reached, Remei's equipment hadn't been covered as one of the many problematic details of this approach. Rather than see she could hear the discomfort of the girl behind her, awkwardly struggling to pull the task off with the stealth and skill it required. Well yes, I guess for you it would be conspicuous. She tried not to laugh and ended up sighing instead, teeth gritting in an empathetic cringe every time the girl's weapons caught the floor in long screeches. Not sly at all. It was a small miracle in itself that anyone nearby hadn't been attracted by the ruckus. One miracle after another. I'm not sure if I should be thrilled or preparing myself for my last few breaths.

"What do we do now? We're barrels on legs. I've never seen something more innocent and regula-"

"STOP!" The mother hissed. Her own barrel clunked to an abrupt halt mere seconds before a spotlight traced directly overhead. To her immense relief it passed by in blissful ignorance - either that or it was acting. But Remei-?

Datura's ears opened wide with baited breath...
  14. Electronic Ink

Oh boy. She was going to regret the headscarf thing. Why was Datura even still wearing it if Remei's disguise plan wasn't being used?
    At Datura's panickd hiss, Remei froze, not even shifting her arms from the awkward spot they were in, lowering the barrel. She pressed her face back to the slats; this was a bad, bad, terrible idea and she had absolutely no idea why she was following along.
    "Hey, Datura?" she asked after the tension seemed to have passed. "What if we turn on our sides and roll down to the harbour? I could roll you down and chase after you like I accidentally knocked you over..."
    She envisioned chasing after the barrel-with-legs as it bounced its way down to the docks. "And if you overshoot and end up in the water, you'll just float anyway,"
    She suddenly imagined a guard seeing the rolling barrel.
    "Wait. That's probably a really bad idea. Can we keep walking yet? The air in here tastes like dirt and there's a nail right where my hand is on the barrel."
    When in doubt, complain.
  15. Sinistrari

Safe. Good. But why was this sounding more and more like a comedy sketch for a child's puppet show? The imagery her daughter's suggestions conjured made her laugh in the most pained ways: amused sure, undoubtedly entertained, but the pain? That came from the sour realisation that she actually considered the option...

While Remei complained to keep her head afloat in the midst of doubt, Datura laughed, her smile stretched thin over barred teeth. She began to lead the way once more as her chest tightened with growing apprehension and the ache of bad posture and its exertion began to properly set in her muscles.

At least they had reached the boat now.

Carefully - patiently - timing it straight after the nearest set of searchlights had passed, Datura heaved off the barrel and gasped with relief at the fresh air. She wanted nothing more than to just stand there for a good few minutes doing the necessary stretches and checking her hair, but she knew better: adults had to. Without another moment's hesitance she instead swiftly aided Remei in removing her own barrel and hastily herded the girl into the tiny two-man vessel. The oars were place but the knot that kept it docked was an awkward one.

After too many seconds wasted on fumbling fingers and growing burn, Datura swallowed her pride and requested, "Care to show off your skills again?" She turned to her daughter with a beaming smile that finally let her in on the secrets: she had seen it all and admired it all. Unfortunately the look was short-lived. Before she hardly even registered it herself, her own eyes were nervously flickering around the fortress, widening at the approach of yet more spotlights.
  16. Electronic Ink

Remei flinched as suddenly her barrel was lifted off her. Poised to attack whoever had removed it, she sheepishly released her scimitar hilt when she realised it was just Datura.
    "Warning doesn't go astray," she complained, jumping into the boat. "Wow. Whoever left this boat here is a real dumbass. I mean, they didn't even pull in the oars,"

She turned to the fortress, casting it an appraising look. Holy Din, she was actually doing it. She was running away. This was her last chance to go back...she laughed. Why would she do that? If she really missed being a pirate, she could just go solo. What possible bonds did she have with this fortress? She had a few friends, but every one of them (herself included) were more out for themselves rather than eachother. Her aunt was a bit of a psycho. There was literally nothing keeping her here.

When she turned, she saw Datura struggling with the knot and snorted as she gave up and asked for help. Remei deftly undid the Octo knot holding the boat docked, basking in the glow of that proud little look she had just gotten. She felt amazing! That was like the best face a human could pull to make another human happy!

And then she realised there was a searchlight headed straight for them. Holding the rope to make sure they didn't float away, she pushed Datura to the deck and followed quickly, holding her breath.
  17. Sinistrari

Successful: as she had predicted. Datura shot her daughter another brilliant grin – this time more of gratitude – before readily obliging the push into the boat. Urgency demanded brisk, smart thinking and deft handiwork, and perhaps in no small part due to their Gerudo pirate blood it didn’t prove too difficult to get the boat moving. It was a panicked struggle at first to attune their pairs of oars to the same rhythm, but at the very least they managed to dive out of the way of the oncoming spotlight – if but barely. But an escape was an escape nonetheless!

Adrenaline gushed from Datura’s lips in audible breaths and an almost giddy smile. Their release was so close she could almost touch it, the fake comfort of pride before the fall tempting and easy to rest into. She struggled to hold it at bay by constantly thinking the worst and imagining threats in the twitching shadows.

“I’m pretty sure we still had some holes somewhere.” She pondered out loud, momentarily distracted.

Though the gigantic, main gate was closed for the night the Forsaken Fortress wasn’t without its wear and tear: if you knew where to look. Scarcely anybody dared to sneak inside and even if you managed to escape your cell you were usually captured within seconds, so the few small holes there usually were had often only roughly been patched up. Arrogance was a pirate’s downfall, and Datura was grateful for it.

Eyes, which had reluctantly torn from any possible perils behind them, flashed over the imposing wooden wall with haste. The majority of her favourite spots had been covered significantly better since her last visit but there was one which looked promisingly weak.

Guiding her daughter towards it they were soon side-by-side with the planks, Datura’s hands dropping her oars to fuss with the rusted nails and wiggle the rotten wood until she could rip it straight off to abandon it into the water. The hole in a lower corner of the door was already opening up before them, the wide, open horizon peeping through the gaps in all its tantalising beauty.

But who knew how much time they had left. Whether it was hours or seconds, the dangerous uncertainty of their situation had questions and fears running rampant through Datura’s mind in almost full distraction. Every now and then she’d nervously twitch a look over her shoulder or feel a prick of a chill rise the hairs on the back of her neck. What was becoming the best realised dream could easily sour into the worst nightmare if this all went wrong.
  18. Electronic Ink

Remei giggled.
    "No-one ever puts effort into fixing the gate," she said. "It's a pain in the ass, and it's not like escapes are common. We usually don't take prisoners unless they come here themselves. And nobody in their right mind would do that,"
    She poked her mother.
    "'Cept for you, of course,"

She heaved back on the oar, casting a final glance back at the fortress. Freedom!
    ...It wasn't nearly as special as she had expected it to be. She had always thought freedom was immediately recognisable, by sweet air or brighter sunshine or whatever bullcrap people said. This wasn't especially different. She had rowed this route before to pick up some Gerudo who had stupidly taken on a much larger vessel that had blown their ship to bits. Within sight of the fortress, no less! Those girls had been soundly punished, that was for sure...

The smile faded slightly as she kicked all fond thoughts of her little personal prison from her head. She had to focus on the oars! Pull back once. Glide forward. Pull back. Glide. Repeat.

And if she repeated enough times, she might just make it out of pirate waters.
  19. Sinistrari

"Careful." Datura teased, peeping over her shoulder at Remei with a very sly little smile. "My right mind is also yours, daughter."

She allowed herself the laugh as they finally broke through the hole, her heart effectively leaping into her mouth with scarcely contained euphoria. Once you tasted freedom it was even more difficult to endure this fetid, damned nightmare of a 'home'. She couldn't wait to get back to her most recent life, especially now she was bringing Remei along with her, pulled directly from the depths of hell.

Tonight literally couldn't have gone any better. While her astounding luck made her silently swear to offer prayers of gratitude once a day for the next ten years, the sheer amount of joy which thrilled and tingled her every bit of being scared her. You didn't get things this good without paying the price later on down the line. That was just life. And it terrified her.

But that was the future and this was now.

Datura thwarted her pessimistic thoughts with physical exertion, putting her all into their laboured rowing as they drifted with heave's and ho's further into the horizon and further away from the Forsaken Fortress. If they were to look back they'd notice tall, towering masts looming over the silhouette of the island, the enormous vessel of loot standing as explanation to the absolute distraction of all the pirates and their pet monsters. But it was an answer to a question Datura no longer cared for. The mystery was a thing of the past and she was far too busy hungrily consuming the present to remember.

Apart from one thing, which made her laugh at Remei's expense.

"They'll fit later by the way." Datura randomly stated. "We're late bloomers but Din be damned when we do bloom we knock 'em dead." She cast back another playful look and winked, motioning her eyes between their chests to communicate her meaning: the mother's own very greedily stashed with gems and gold. ​

- The End -