Master Quest

Discussion in 'Introductions & Farewells' started by Hyrulian Hero, Mar 2, 2012.

1. Hyrulian Hero

Hyrulian Hero Member new

Around 2000ish, Hyrulian Hero joined a community of Zelda Role Players on MSN groups, the MSN Zelda Community or ZCom. The group went strong for another 9 years until early 2009 when Microsoft pulled another one of their shenaniganzs and destroyed their groups service, offering no way to save their community. After it crashed and burned, HH traveled the web, hacking bushes and listing rocks but to no avail, it seemed there were no other groups that could live up to his standards. After building a small forum of his own for Zelda Role Playing and buying a site for the same, he was content for a while to RP there.

Hero missed the community though, with only three active members on his forum, he set out once again to find a group of people with his same goal. One day, as he was scouring through millions of zeros and ones, he stumbled across a Castle. "Hm, that looks familiar." said he. "Hyrule Castle, lovely!" Off he set, on a new adventure. Hopefully, one that would last him a long, long time.
  2. WillowtheWhisp

WillowtheWhisp Admin admin

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    Oh. Hullo there :3 Glad to see that you found yourself a new home! Anyways, welcome to Hyrule Castle and all that jazz. If you need any help, feel free to ask on the Cbox, as you already have, or you can send a PM to any of the staff members and we can try to help you that way.
  3. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

Nice intro :rofl: Hope to see you around soon! Congratz on finding HC :lol:
  4. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

Welcome Hyrulian Hero! I'm glad you found us! As Will said, feel free to send us a PM or ask on the cbox with questions and whatnot and I too hope you stay for a long while! If you have friends or RP friends etc... that you think would be interested in joining as well, go ahead and bring them over!
  5. Hyrulian Hero

Hyrulian Hero Member new

Thanks for the greeting :n_n: you guys are great! the forum looks awesome and I'm looking forward to posting like crazy!
  6. Guy

Guy Admin admin

This is certainly the most interesting intro post I've seen in... perhaps forever. Welcome!

Out of curiosity, what is the other Zelda role-playing site you started up? There's a chance I may have heard of it...
  7. Hyrulian Hero

Hyrulian Hero Member new

Probably not, it's very small, it's called Lens of Deception. The name was based on my first RP (which still has to see an end) and there have only been a few members. The forums are still going though and whenever I can find time and motivation to, I'll be moving the forum to my web site of the same name.
  8. Premium Chaos

Premium Chaos Member reg

Hello Shade, hope you have a good time here.
  9. Hyrulian Hero

Hyrulian Hero Member new

On all the RP sites I've been on, I've been called Hyrulian Hero, Hero, HH, even Hylian by those who thought they read the name. But Shade, that's a new one. And it has a kind of ring to it.
  10. Hyrulian Hero

Hyrulian Hero Member new

Each of the court looked in turn toward the door, some craning their necks to get a better view. Quiet whispers were answered with unsettled shrugs and muffled cries of unrest rippled through the hall. The sound came again, a shriek, akin to a tom cat with a nasty disposition being sprayed with a garden hose, rang out, cut short by a bone-crunching impact against the massive wooden doors to the banquet hall. A bone-chilling cackle filtered into the great hall from the doors and horrified gasps replied as the guards tensed in their armor. In the morbid silence that overtook the room, shuffling footsteps could be heard from behind the doors, becoming quieter and quieter until some wondered if they had been merely a figment of fancy. As if to humiliate those hopeful thoughts, footsteps sounded again, rapid and growing louder by the second. Two guards fixed the butts of their gleaming spears against the stone floor, bracing for impact as another vaulted atop the table and four more drew back silver arrows aimed at the entrance. With a seismic jolt that tore the veneer of placidity from the cobbled walls and stole a beat from the heart of each attendee, the doors to the banquet hall exploded forth and slammed back on their hinges. Screams of terror rung out as guests dressed in their finest and soldiers of the crown alike fell back in horror.

I felt an icy chill run down my spine, from the back of my neck, where hair stood erect as the royal guard, to the small of my back where sweat had already dripped down to. I couldn't make out any sounds other than the beating of my heart in my ears and a faint, far-away collective scream of those in attendance around me. My eyes though, once they began to adjust to the light now crowding its way through the open doors, realized a horror of caliber to cause me to long for Ganon's return.

"im hear4 teh pardy and i brotboooooze!!1!111" belted HH as he stumbled through the doorway, a keg under his arm and foam dripping from his bedraggled beard down the front of his stained and greasy "Ganondarth rulez!" shirt. "I'm baaaaaack!"
  11. Double_r111

Double_r111 Espeon reg

Your story entrances are amazing. You coming back is an awesome Birthday present for Double. Good job.
  12. Hyrulian Hero

Hyrulian Hero Member new

Why thank you and you're welcome! :lol: Indeed, I am back and spazzier than ever. Happy birthdays and May flowers to all! Who knows what shenanigans will ensue? Maybe we'll do a side RP as a bunch of bananas with different hair styles! Or perhaps we'll create treasures that our gracious admin passes but are easily (and intentionally) exploitable! Maybe I'll move over a couple of my Zelda riddles to the new thread, Zelda Riddles!...yeah, that's what I'll do.
  13. Vexion

Vexion New Member new

hello and welcome to the castle :n_n:
  14. Hyrulian Hero

Hyrulian Hero Member new

No grand entrance this time, I just want to be back in good company. The past couple of years have been crazy. I got Tri Force Heroes and played through a couple of the games again but I've been so busy it's just been hard to find time for Zelda. I got a real job that could be a career and now I work 40+ so that takes most of my weekdays. Then when I get home, I spend 95% of my time with my wife. Oh, did I mention I got married? Well I did. And we recently found out we have a kidlet on the way. So time is limited, but I guess that's why we play Ocarina of Time, to revert ourselves and Link back to childhood.

Anyway, it's been too long and I'm excited to talk more about the best video game series of all time.
  15. WillowtheWhisp

WillowtheWhisp Admin admin

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    Congratz, HH! Great to hear that you have been doing well, and even better to see you back :)