Barudite Montrapi, Goron Racer

Discussion in 'Accepted Characters' started by Eternis, Oct 24, 2015.

1. Eternis

Eternis Page of Time reg

Name: Barudite Montrapi (Barry, Barry M.)
    Race: Goron
    Place of Origin: Hyrule Castle Town Slums
    PWC: 1/4/3
    Treasures and Rupees:
    Racial Perks:
    Goron Roll
    Bomb Bag
    Down To Earth
    Stone Skin
    Profession:
    None (yet)
    Treasures:
    Spire {Angled Augment} (75 Rupees)
    Rupees:
    Equipment:
    Barudite wears very little, as his Stone Skin provides most of what is necessary when it comes to protection from the elements, protection from general hardship, and preservation of decency. All that remains is his solid iron crotch guard, formed so as to be comfortable but utilisable while rolling, protecting his groin from potentially nasty impact angles.

Appearance: Barry is smaller than the average Goron, but most noticeable in the difference is the slight sheen on his arms and back, and the smoothness of those areas. Repeated rolling has ground down some of the rougher aspects of his skin, the callouses forming a slightly harder, smoother surface.

Personality:

Barudite Montrapi, Barry or Barry M. to those of his friends who need to distinguish him from the various other Barries in their life, is a fast Goron that loves to fly.
    And no, he is not an oxymoron.

Barry's main joy in life is the art of rolling, and enjoys reaching new speeds, new feats of precision, completing new self-designed courses or just rolling for the hell of it. When not rolling, his mind is usually wandering to potential routes for optimal rolling in the nearby locations, or whether or not he could leap a nearby gap by jumping off a ramp just so. When his mind is accompanying the people he's with alongside his body, though, he's quite attentive and courteous, always eager to make new connections to help him ahead in life.

Background:
    Ever since he was little, Barry was always rolling down the hills and slopes of wherever he could find in Hyrule Castle town, often using the roofs of con joining houses to try and make a leap. He often failed, causing property damage that earned him an extended lecture from his mother and hours if not days of labour alongside his father repairing the roofs, walls, and once he was old and big enough, entire ramshackle buildings that his reckless rolls would demolish, assisted by the bombs he would use to give himself a bit of a starting boost.

When his older friend, a local smith named Darius that acted as an older brother-figure left on a journey, he took stock of his life and realised just how much of it he had been wasting. He started talking to as many people as he could outside the slums, trying to find some connections to help him get out of his ridiculous rut.

Who he found was one Jack West, guardsman and the slightest bit of a history buff. Having run into him a few times before, generally to shortly be arrested for reckless rolling and multiple instances of property damage, it came as somewhat of a surprise when Jack pointed out the various races and events the Goron rolling community had been throwing, suggesting that he join. What was even more surprising is the magician Jack sent him to, from whom Barry learnt how to turn the earth into spires from which he could launch himself while racing.

After months of practice, supervised by both Jack and the magician, Barry decided that it was time to try out for his first official, and paid, race.
  2. Guy

Guy Admin admin

Ah, it's been a long time since I've seen a Goron spell caster. Takes me back.

Barry's profile is brief, like most of your characters, but the necessary information is present. A p p r o v e d.
  3. Eternis

Eternis Page of Time reg

Explanatory rant with an unintentional "Passive-Agressive-y" Vibe (open)
    I guess they're mainly so brief because I'd rather flesh them out in RPs; the big, interesting bits of their life are *yet to come*. Personality wise as well; I'd rather just let myself 'get into character' with my broad description and slide into the outline I've given myself than simply apply the formula that would be already laid out.

That, and, well, the minor aspects of people's personality change rather easily. While Barry' a pretty cheerful person right now, eager and determined as evidenced by a part of his backstory, perhaps repeated setbacks in his racing career will breed cynicism.

Iiiii guess there's no real reason to explain myself here or whatnot....