Wolfe/Emilia {C-Rank}

Discussion in 'Supports' started by [v], Sep 8, 2015.

1. [v]

[v] Member new

C-rank

In the evening of the day the duo got his payment from the millionaire. They decided to have the best bar in town to be their venue for celebration, and probably farewell. The best liquor in the bar was on their table, along with some snacks to go with it.

"Cheers." Wolfe gave a toss to his work partner again once their glasses were filled, he then looked at the liquid and spoke. "I really feel like I haven't been drinking for a long long while til now, how nostalgic."

===================================

Emilia grinned, clinking her glass against her partner's.

"Enjoy it. We earned it."

She downed her drink in one go, putting the empty glass back on the table. Drinking in such a... posh establishment filled her with a sense of satisfaction. It might not be as lively as the cheaper inns, but the drink was certainly a lot better.

"Speaking of nostalgic, what was up with you and their leader...?"

Placing his glass back onto the table/ the blind man slowly pour more drink into Email's glass first, and then his. While doing so, he spoke his mind to the question asked by the woman.

"Since I already let you know so much, it wouldn't hurt to say a bit more, would it?" He paused a bit when he tried to think back of that time when he wasn't yet blinded. "Verric 'was' my best friend back when I was a Long Fort guardsman. We happened to enlisted at the same time. I remember we were rivals at first, but maybe because of that we became best buds in no time. Verric was one of the most skilled fighter, and I was the best sharpshooter at the time, no joke."

The redhead nodded. It did not surprise her that Wolfe had a military past, the man had showed a prowess in battle unfitting for just a simple mercenary. His last words, however, did surprise her.

"A sharpshooter, huh? ...Is that where you lost your eye?" Emilia asked, tapping under her own to indicate the lancer's wound.

Wolfe nodded silently, he sipped a bit of liquor before explaining further.

"It was a surprise raid at night by an unknown group. While it was fast and fierce, we're actually capable of wiping them out when regrouped. However, there was just a tiny chance for the enemy to get through to our back row, and they didn't let it go waste." The ex-sniper covered his blind eye. "My eye was injured. I hoped it would be healed, but miracle didn't happen... A month after, I quit the army."

"The last time I met Verric was a year after I quit, I had no idea why he left the Long Fort, and become as low as a mountain bandit."

"Money, most likely. Or adventure, if he's the romantic kind of person. Life can move in very strange ways, sometimes."

Emilia let a silence hang between them, taking her time to drink.

"But that's quite a story, the dashing ex-sniper turned mercenary, pitted against his former friend. Makes me glad I have no friends." She said with a wry smile.

Wolfe chuckled with Emilia's response, as bold as ever. He didn't want meeting with Verric ruins his drink with her, and it was a good time to let it pass, for now at least.

"So you're saying that we're no friends just yet, but only partners of benefits?" the ex-sniper smiled gently at Emilia as he filled his mouth with more snacks. "if not something beyond friends already?"

Emilia burst out in laughter, looking at Wolfe over the rim of her glass.

"Excellent timing. Right after we've seen how wrong friendship can go you ask me if I'm your friend."

She took another sip.

"You're a cheeky one, I like that. I suppose I could think of you as a... friend." The redhead dragged out the last word, giving the lancer a wink and a teasing little smile.

Then, she filled their glasses again and held up hers for another toast.

"A toast, to us!"

When Emilia put it like that, Wolfe agreed that it was such a strange time to ask, especially when he in fact became very bad at trusting any friend after his eye lost. It was probably because the woman already proved herself to be more than capable during this mission.

"After telling you that much, it's prudent for me to make clear that you are a friend than a foe." Wolfe waited his glass to be filled before throwing another toast with Emilia. "To us."

To be continued...